Ask Event Bacta 'Gainst the Wall

Alia

Character
Sith Empire
Rank
Acolyte

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Wit
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
49
Alia had little warning as Arla and Clove were attacked more or less at the same time. She could only react after the matter, a moment's indecision about how to act ended up making the choice for her. By the time she could process all the information and decide whom needed her help more, the two more experienced women had already sprung into action.

By the time Clove shouted at her to help Arla, Alia had also started to come to the same conclusion and was already running towards her fellow Nightsister. She faced the bigger threat, and give their history Alia also knew that she could be more effective working with Arla, relying on her to compensate for some of her own deficiencies.

So as Arla tried to shoot at the creature's throat, Alia was running towards it from the side and grabbed a piece of debris thropwn up by the creature's arrival, and threw the piece of rubble towards it. The rocky projectile, guided by the Tiefling's telekinetic hold, was aimed towards the creature's throat, hoping to achieve the same ends as Arla, cripple its ability to spit out more acid. Regardless of whether the attack hit, she would circle around the creature, mirroring Arla but on the diametrically opposite side of the creature. And while she ducked and weaved with her attention on the creature, she was keeping an eye open for any other unpleasantness coming their way.

"Arla," she shouted over the chaos of battle, "keep it distracted! Create an opening and I can try to slash its legs out form under it!" Alia wasn't particularly brave, or fanatically committed to the Sith cause, but she did care for Arla, and in that moment she was acting to protect her. As she would if it had been one of her own sisters.

@Logan @Phoenix @LilyNion
Alia throws a piece of rubble at the creature's throat at the same time as Arla's attack. She then circles around the creature, staying on the other side from Arla, asking her to try and distract the creature so that she can try and attack its feet from behind.
 

Claudias Tannaras

Character
Independent
Rank
Ambassador, Brentaal

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Tom
Joined
Aug 18, 2021
Messages
48
Reaction score
47



The Brentaalan was shocked to see that the blast had made it's mark, the creature it had hit combusting like a water balloon. He almost felt a bit of pride until he saw that the automata (@AutoFox) that had been manhandling it was now soaked in acidic blood. As the killiks began to swarm the machine, Claudias took a few steps back, looking around at the chaos that had unfolded. Closest to him was the commoner who carried a saber (@Forsythe Crowholde), firing at the surrounding killiks with his blasters. Others on speeders (@Phoenix) or higher ground (@LilyNion) also used a variety of ranged weapons, which seemed to be the preferred method of fighting the vicious xenos.

There were exceptions, most notably the president himself (@Sreeya) who took the approach of the automata a few meters away and was busy brute forcing the bugs to death with a mace. A variety of emotions swirled through the Brentaalan's mind as he watched the scene play out before him, people of all different backgrounds coming together in a display of camaraderie. Should he live through this fight, the Brentaalan would make sure to record his testimony in the histories.

His ponderings were only momentary however, as he was pulled back into the chaos and horror when an absolutely massive insect came up from the ground. The Brentaalan let out a gasp as it set upon the knife eared woman with the bow-- and than, he started shooting. While the beast was further away, it was a much larger target than the simple assassins close by. While it had an armored carapace, the angle from which he shot at and the lower elevation provided him with a view of it's soft underbelly. Whether or not the beast would be vulnerable to simple blasterfire, the Brentaalan did not know-- but he hoped for positive, though preferably, much less explosive, results.


 

Veer Altaris

Character
Independent
Rank
Unranked

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Altaris
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
15

Veer bared his teeth beneath his helmet, fingers curling tightly around his rifle as the Vratix Screamer’s proceeded to drop like flies to the combined firepower of the defenders. The Axxilan could still hear ringing in his ears, and the painful sensations of a headache were already beginning to set in from the auricular assault. Nevertheless, Veer didn’t neglect to scope out his surroundings - watching as dozens of Kiliks appeared and a draconic monstrosity carved across the sky. He couldn’t help but glower in the direction of Claudius, watching as the decrepit old fuck only made things more difficult for one of the actually competent fighters. For a split second, the Bounty Hunter considered picking off the Diplomat from afar - quietly gauging whether or not offing him early would actually be beneficial to their odds of success.

In the end, Veer opted not to go that far - at least not yet. While the majority of his allies engaged with the Kilik face-to-face, he was left - at least for the moment - unassailed by the Insectoids. A Marksman by trade, it was all the better for him - as it enabled the Axxilan to pick his targets accordingly and provide cover-fire to his allies. Mahogany eyes flicked across the chaos until he fixed onto Clove - watching as the half-Annfyn bounded from one speeder to another, attempting to dodge a pursuing Kilik.

Without a moment to lose, Veer snapped the barrel of his rifle in the direction of Clove and her attacker - following and carefully lining his sights onto what could only vaguely be described as the assassin-Kilik’s head. His index finger pulled back on the trigger of his rifle, firing off a bolt of yellow plasma aimed to piece directly through the Insectoids. The magnetic accelerator attached to his weapon only increased the velocity of the shot, hopefully increasing its odds of landing. Even if it landed and didn’t fatally wound the monster, Veer hoped it would at least draw attention away from Clove while she helped bring down the hulking Kilik.

Regardless of the effectiveness of his shot, Veer rapidly drew the barrel of his rifle across the field - carefully scoping where to next provide cover to his allies.


Veer attempts to snipe the Kilik that is chasing Clove, providing her some cover-fire while she helps Alia/Arla

@Logan @LilyNion
 

Thayd Karkoza

Character
Jedi Order
Rank
Jedi Knight

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Evan
Joined
Dec 27, 2021
Messages
28
Reaction score
34


Thayd watched as the enormous dragon killik sailed overhead to install itself like a giant cork into the hole torn in the Cadir's building. A strange feeling washed over him as he laid eyes on the thing and quickly sensed the beast's cosmic confusion with its own unnatural state of being. If this were the time and the place he'd have sought to probe the matter further, but in the here and now, the dragon needed to be put down as fast as possible.

It was not lost on Thayd that if Draugr (@Scoobert ) and Zak (@Apollyon ) managed to bring the dragon down to ground level but failed to combine that with enough force to kill it, it would simply be a very angry monster that was a whole lot more dangerous to everyone down here than it was up there in its perch.

Thayd deactivated his lightsaber, put it back on his belt, and held out his right hand to add the power of his own Force grip to that of Draugr and Zak. As he did this, he heard the sound of artillery screaming overhead as the ISC forces bombarded the dragon's position. Thayd would use his strength in the Force to grip the dragon and with luck and combined strength, this would hopefully restrain it just long enough that it would be forced to absorb the artillery barrage, before he would, with the others, attempt to bring it slamming down into the pavement like a fisherman beating a caught trout against a fucking rock to kill it.

Thayd joins Draugr and Zakrym in attempting to grip the dragon, restricting its movement so that it will be pummeled witb artillery before together they crash it down hard into the ground below.



@Logan
 
Last edited:

Roman Antilles

Character
Sith Empire
Rank
Champion

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Faded
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
22
.


Roman had been standing still with the emergence of the rapid threat, hundreds if not thousands of Killiks sprouting around him through the terrain like rotten mushrooms. The Armored Sith was a bit surprised and to be quite frank, found himself for a brief moment stuck in petrified fear, almost frozen to action until a little voice in the back of his mind told him to shake it off and get back into the fray!

Coiling the force around himself, he shielded his eardrums and mind from the siren type roar that ravaged those around him. Crimson lightsaber screamed to life in his right grasp as he lept forward and attempted to skewer one of the Killiks most near to him. Bashing against the creature's hull with his forearms, Roman aimed to shove it back and continue to carve out a path through the horde with his plasma weapon. Shadows from the dragon flying overhead cast their void onto the ground, briefly diverting the Champion's attention upwards as he muttered several curse words to himself under his breath.

"Get the Repeater ready!" He yelled to the engineer squad, the four man crew rapidly working to set up the heavy artillery cannon as well as its independent generator system.


Roman attempts to attack several killiks with his lightsaber while his NPC engineer crews work to set up the heavy repeater turret cannon. As per Tech guidelines, the repeater takes at least one posting round to set up prior to usage.

@Logan
 

The Gatekeeper

Dungeon Master
Rank
Staff DM

Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
441
Reaction score
617
Inside the Building

The chaos occurring outside of the Cadir building was unfolding precisely the way that Nirn Saron had hoped that it would. The swarm was never meant to be anything other than a distraction while the Killik forces acquired the true end goal: Gyxik Mqaa.

One hitch that Nirn hadn't foreseen however was the recent changes in security Gyxik had done after hearing of Ruusan. The Vratix's paranoia had paid off well, seeing as how the only reason he wasn't already dead or Joined was the safety of his panic room and the fact that the password that had been known to Nirn was no longer useful.

In a change of course, the body guard that Gyxik had once trusted with his life now sat plodding away at the security panel to the panic room. The Cadir had been smart enough to enter the room alone and through the security cameras he could see that he had made the right move.

Gyxik had bought himself an ounce of time, but in times like these an ounce was a pound. Anything was better than nothing. He knew people had shown up to help him, to help Thyferra, but couldn't help but be concerned. His camera access only gave him views inside the building and all he saw were Killik forces.

He'd watched many of his friends and colleagues die at their hand, but what hurt his soul even more was when his very people turned their weapons against their own. Gyxik had even seen his own brother slaughter several Vratix, clearly having become a Joiner.

All Gyxik could do now was to sit and to wait, to hope against everything that his sinking feeling was incorrect and soon he would be rescued. He ignored the intrusive thoughts that every second that passed was another nail in his coffin.

Outside the Building

The hulking killik attacking Arla was slow and plodding, especially compared to the others scuttling around the battlefield. Of course, the beast more than made up for it with the thick chitin carapace that covered most of its body. It was a beast bred for war and it would not topple as easily as its smaller, faster brethren.

Arla's bow attack, while accurate, hadn't been quite fast enough. Having already spewn its caustic payload, it merely lowered its armored head, resulting in a non threatening glancing blow as the arrow hit at a more awkward angle.

Clove's blaster attack had found its mark, though, slamming into the monster's relatively weaker back leg joint. Its speed would be somewhat hobbled, at least for awhile, but the beast didn't much rely on speed to begin with. As she jumped from the speeder and starts to run, the young Jedi would find that the assassin-killiks were much, much faster than she was.

In mere moments, one of the bugs had caught up with her and launched itself through the air, looking to land on Clove's back and tear her throat out to begin feasting on her insides.

Instead, a bolt of yellow plasma would catch it mid air, blowing the insect's head clean off. While Veer had saved Clove from sure, immediate death, the half-Annafyn wouldn't come out entirely unscathed.

A splatter of the insect's acidic blood would splash onto Clove's back and hair. It would start eating through her armor immediately, only taking a few seconds before it would reach her skin.

Without eyes, the hulking killik could still sense it surroundings through a mixture of tremor sense and the multitude of tiny, sharp hairs that covered its body. When Alia had picked up the piece of rubble from the ground, the killik could feel it and reacted as swiftly as it could.

With its massive front leg spike, the beast slammed it into the nearby speeder it had upended and then hurled it straight toward Alia, knocking the piece of rubble she'd thrown out of the way harmlessly. The five ton bullet rocketed towards Alia, a testament to the strength the massive killik possessed.

Before it could continue its onslaught, however, the blaster fire from Claudias slammed into it, staggering the beast slightly. While not entirely accurate enough to cripple it, a few of the shots had connected with its less armored areas, granting an opening for the Brentaalan's allies to move in.

Meanwhile, at the Dragon of Doom, the combined efforts of Zakrym, Hauron, Draugr, Thayd and the massive artillery droids were more than a match for the monster.

As the force wrapped around it, the dragon's movements were almost entirely stymied as it was nearly frozen in place. The pressure applied to the dragon's eyes by Draugr caused the sensitive organ to burst like kernals of popcorn, causing the beast to rear back in pain despite the power of Zakrym and Thayd trying to hold its head down.

The true tragedy of the matter was that Hauron could do little to avoid the aftermath of the droid artillery's hailfire missiles. Having been further away from the dragon than Hauron had been, they would arrive only a few moments after the Mandalorian dug his electroripper into the dragons underbelly.

Part of what made the IG-3001 Spitfire such a devastating weapon of war was its hailfire missile pod, one that launched twelve guided missiles each for a total of twenty four spicy explosion tubes headed straight for the dragon... and for Hauron.

All things considered, the combination of attacks would certainly bring the dragon down. What was left of Hauron though, was anyone's guess.

Elsewhere on the battlefield, Ruuzan's attacks would land as he came to the rescue of his friend Arctus. His lightsaber sliced through the killik easily, and luckily, cauterized the wounds of the beast so no vile acid blood would splash either of them.

Their force attacks would also rid them of the other two attacking killiks, leaving the two Jedi unaccosted at least for now. With this grace of spare time to catch their breath, both of the Jedi would then see a swarm of assassin killiks starting to move in on Roman and troops from behind, as the Sith easily carved his way forward and his men started to set up their massive repeater.

The Jedi would be faced with a choice. Would they save the Sith, or choose to regroup with their allies?

As Emryc pounded his way across the battlefield and sent bugs scattering in all directions, he would suddenly find that his attackers had started to back off. Not entirely, but enough to leave a large circle of clear area around the ISC President.

In this moment of respite, Emryc would feel the presence of Nirn Saron as the killik General finally made her way fully to the surface, rising from a nearby sink hole her forces had created. Through the force, Emryc would feel Nirn's aura and strength, and he might be surprised in its raw power.

There would have been few in the galaxy that the ISC President would have met that could rival it, his name of course on that very, very short list.

With a flick of her wrist, Nirn would raise several spires of crimson energy from the ground. Like flexing tendrils, they would seek to wrap themselves around Emryc, slowly coiling from his ankles upward should they be left unimpeded.

In Space

Roger that, Nielson replied to Altronis. Dropping out of hyperspace now.

The Core Defense fleet would drop out of hyperspace near the right flank of the ISC and Hapan forces. Their light battle group leading the formation, followed by the heavier ships and the command groupings just behind.

While it would have been reasonable to assume the Core Defense fleet would immediately change its trajectory and head off the Killik forces, instead they kept their current bearings, aimed straight at the center of the ISC battle formation.

It's a shame, Nielson's voice said, coming over the comm links. By all accounts you're a good Admiral, Altronis. But the Hive requires your destruction and I must abide.

There would be a mess of static as the communications cut off abruptly, and Altronis as well as Charlotte would notice that any further attempts at contacting the Core Defense fleets would be met with nothing but radio silence.

The CDF would start opening fire immediately, its light group formations unloading directly into the ISC heavies in the center of the formation. The Killik fighters would move in closer to begin engaging in dog fights with the lead ISC fighters, hoping to find lanes to break through to access the formations behind.

The heavy formations of the CDF would begin their engagements on the right flank Hapan Battle Group, who given their size disparity would have to act quite quickly to not suffer heavy devastation to their already thin numbers.


@Altaris @Apollyon @AutoFox @Darasuum @Evan @Faded
@Forsythe Crowholde @LilyNion @Phoenix @Scoobert
@SlagathorTheUnknown @Sreeya @Tom @Valen Pelora @Wit
 

Clove Vanhoop

Character
Independent
Rank
Unranked

Character Profile
Link
OOC
LilyNion
Joined
Sep 3, 2021
Messages
466
Reaction score
398



Clove's shot thankfully landed, but just like the previous shot, there was nowhere to celebrate. The strange bug she had been trying to avoid was about to tackle her but before she could react, the sound of a body hitting the ground reached her ears. Then came a smell that she was all too familiar with: melted hair. Kriff. Seriously?! Again?! It must have been killed by somebody, and some of the creature's acids must have splashed on her back. Her back. Precisely where her cybernetic spine was.

No, not like this. She refused to go down again. She was sick and tired of always being the rescued helpless maiden at the end of every battle. Without much thought, Clove used the Force to greatly increase the strength of her empty left hand as she reached for the back seam near her shoulders. Her nails grabbed the fabric and yanked it, ripping the panel and tearing the seams apart. When the top of the panel dangled away from her back, she grabbed the side just above her hips and yanked one last time, tearing the fabric until the entire panel covering her back was undone.

It wasn't pretty, and it exposed her back with nothing but a thin white top between her enemies and her cybernetic spine. But it beat having a melted spine. Clove spun around, her hair melted into uneven lengths and the remaining fabric around her back hanging a little awkwardly, and immediately began channeling the Force through her body, staring down the bugs who were still chasing her. As soon as they were close enough, she unleashed a Force Wave with the aim of driving them away, hopefully even wounding some of them with the impact.

And as the bugs hopefully flew backward, Clove raised her E-11, aimed at a Killik closest to her and pulled the trigger, firing the bolt at the bug's neck. She glanced to the side for a split second before looking forward once again, repeating this several times while trying to figure out who had just saved her life and ruined her hair. Clove did this while back peddling and putting more distance between herself and the bugs. After the third glance, she caught a glimpse of the man (@Altaris) holding the sniper in the distance and knew it had to be him. "Thank you!" She yelled at him before launching another bolt at the Killiks.




tag @Logan + everyone else

Clove completely butchers her pretty coat by ripping out a large chunk of the back panel with the Force aiding her strength. Then she turns around to face the Killik chasing her and tries to throw them away with a Force Wave, hopefully hurting a few by slamming them into a rock or a building. Then she shoots two bolts, aiming at the Killiks closest to her in an attempt to render them useless.

Oh, and she thanks Veer after doing the monkey puppet sideglance several times to find him.
 

Arla

Character
Sith Empire
Rank
Champion

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Phoenix
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Messages
133
Reaction score
44
Arla's shot landed, but without nearly the effect she was looking for. It barely seemed to rattle the creature at all, but a wave of relief swept over her as she saw others (@LilyNion) begin to engage the monster as well. She wondered where it had come from and what if it had a story. Most people saw an animal and saw little more, but even animals had their own stories and struggles. It led her to wondering just what these bugs were after.

It wasn't something she could ponder now, however. Now it was just a fight for survival. The monster was slowed by the blow to the joint and Arla could see Alia on the other side and the vehicle that had been thrown at her.

There wasn't really a lot of thought that went into Arla's next move, just reflex and instinct. She reached out her right hand, gripping the vehicle with the Force to slow it so that Alia (@Wit) might be able to either stop it or evade the projectile before being crushed. She strained against the vehicle, her face tightening into a grimace as she pulled.

Once Alia appeared to be out of harm's way, she released her grip, finally collapsing her bow and slinging it on her back and instead reaching for her lightsaber. Unlike her mother, her training with the saber had begun early, and she hoped that teaching wouldn't betray her now.

She took a deep breath, calming her breathing and reaching out to that tendril that connected her to her homeworld. To her Sisters. To her magick. She moved forward in a flash, the Force flowing through her as she used the distraction from the old guy's (@Tom) shots to move in closer.

Hold it! she shouted to Alia and any other Force-users close enough to hear. Not that she expected them to actually be able to hold it in place, but a few moments of slowing as all she really needed. She kept any eye out for any late slashes or more acid goo, but if she managed to get close, she would leap up and land adeptly onto its back.

And this was where her years of animal hunting and training came back in. It wasn't that much different than a rancor, and while she wasn't a beast-tamer herself, she'd spent enough time around her Sisters who were to at least know something about it. Besides, Arla wasn't trying to tame it. She was trying to kill it.

She would ram her lightaber down, looking to pierce straight through the top of its head before it even had time to really register she was on its back. Hopefully.

Arla tries to help slow the vehicle being thrown at Alia. Swap bow --> saber. She then uses the slowing from the joint damage and the distraction of Tom and the others to close in on the big boi bug and - hopefully with the help of some other people - jump on its back/head/neck area and ram her saber through its head.
 

Emryc Thorne

Faction Leader
Consortium
Rank
ISC President

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Sreeya
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
2,059
Reaction score
1,633

Everything seemed to slow down when he felt the presence of the Killik general. Nothing else mattered - that was the crux of this all. The President paused his advance, the mace still in his hand. His battering of the killik around himself cleared a gap around him, but he didn’t move ahead. His gaze was fixated towards the general. He didn’t care about the dragon that screeched its dying cry and serenely began to spiral, he didn’t care about the throng of Jedi or Sith amassed all around to fight the threat. He thought about his true enemy in all this - the enemy that recognized what he was just as much as he recognized it.

Yet, Emryc was not known to be predictable when it came to combat. He always had conniving means of getting his way and that was exactly what allowed him to survive the way he had so long. The half Sephi kept his gaze towards the General even as he felt the tendrils coil around him. If they picked him up, he wouldn’t resist. The General would think she had the upper hand, but she wouldn’t immediately understand what Emryc was doing.

The half Sephi closed his eyes as his mind instead jammed towards those of the weaker willed Killik around him. Instead of an oppressive invasion, they would be shown promise. They would be shown realities that had taken place. They would see Emryc on the bridge of a ship above Firerrere as he watched it glassed to nothing. They would see and feel raw power. Power that actually manifested instead of the simple goal of it that Nirn would have shown them.

They would see Dathomir and they would see the queen and her people kneeling before him. They would see the entire galaxy that was open to dominate in his sinister and twisted ways, to shape and mold exactly how he pleased. They would see how he managed to do just that so far, they would see before them a god that knew how to wield the will of trillions and sweep across the galaxy. They would see a new world order they could pursue by following him instead. They would see the true messiah of chaos that could lead them to domination. That could bring the entire galaxy to heel at a grander scale than ever done before.

The surge of images and promise would be an attempt to make the masses of killik question their allegiance and send them into complete disarray. It would hopefully make it that much more difficult for Nirn to exert her control. It would hopefully split her focus between attempting to regain control or focusing on Emryc and losing her entire military force.

I recommend reading the whole post since it's specific. Emryc is trying to mind control the killik masses to follow him instead. if successful Nirn would be forced to choose between trying to attack him and losing her entire force or doubling down to try and regain control

@Logan
 

X3R

Character
Independent
Rank
Unranked

Character Profile
Link
OOC
AutoFox
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
22
X3R hurled the unfortunate Killik he had used as a towel, the acidic blood of its fellow sizzling on its chitin and causing it to thrash even as it flew through the air. He aimed it at a group of nearby Killiks, photoreceptors now clear enough for him to aim.

Tilting his cranial turret down, he muttered the droid equivalent of a curse, and released the crumpled remains of his chest-mounted blaster box, letting it fall to the ground with a thud. He considered his pistols, still in their holsters at his sides, but opted to lean down and pick up a BR8-A1 blaster rifle from a fallen Sith trooper. He shouldered it with mechanical precision, the weapon looking toy-like in his massive hands, and aimed it at the same group of Killiks he had thrown the other one at, snapping off four shots, then swiveling to engage a different target.

Swarm tactics. The war-robot thought to himself. My predecessors fell to such primitive warfare. I shall avenge them, I think.

X3R yeets the bug he was using to clean himself off at a group of Killiks, then picks up a trooper rifle and fires four shots at them to keep them from getting back up. Rip & Tear intensifies.
 

Zakrym La

Character
Jedi Order
Rank
Jedi Council

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Apollyon
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
51
Reaction score
97
Zak felt the corrupted dragon slam into the ground, as much physically as he did through the Force itself. He felt the creature's suffering as it's eyes collapsed in on themselves, it screeched in raw, burning agony. This was amplified by twenty-four missiles that slammed into the beast's hide, the waves of pain cause Zak to release his grip on the dragon and begin to withdraw himself from the Force itself. But something caught his attention while he was pulling himself from the waters of the Living Force.

Zak sensed the Force grow murky as something completely alien pressed itself upon it's waters. This new and unknown presence exerted itself on the Force in a manner Zak had never sensed before. He felt this domineering, iron clad will as veins of ice cascading over the Force, freezing it's currents into something more malleable to it's needs. It was strange, it was wrong, it was unnatural and it caused Zak to pry himself free from the sensation before it could wash over him.

As Zak's senses snapped back to the reality around him he took a sharp, panicked breath in. He felt as if he had nearly drowned in the frigid sensation that consumed the Force and nearly him as well. Remnants of the feeling called to him, he could feel this abnormal power as a muted echo across the battlefield. His head turned towards to source of this dark siren's call and what he witness chilled him to the bone.

Emryc Thorne, President of the ISC, held aloft before a monstrosity of the Killik Hive. His eyes narrows as he gazed upon the flay abomination and almost at once, he believed that this creature was the source of what he had sensed. He pointed lightsaber towards the President, held helpless in the creature's invisible grip and called to those that had just aided him with the Dragon.

"We have to get to Thorne, we cannot let them take him!" He called out to those closest to him.

Immediately after shouting this over the din of battle, Zak would begin chopping his way through the Killik swarm in an attempt to get closer to the President. He wasn't sure why but something drove him forward, it was has if the Force himself pushed him into action and spurred him to a single objective, save Emryc Thorne. Zak didn't know why, he didn't understand the reasoning behind the Will of the Force and he didn't try to discern it in that moment, he just obeyed.


Zak senses a strange presence shortly after downing the dragon. Panic button pulls himself out of his concentration on the Force but is able to sense a muted echo of the power he felt. He sees Thorne held aloft by the Queen and discerns that it must be her presence he felt. He calls out to allies to aid him in helping Thorne escape the Nirn Queen and begins chopping his way towards their position in the fray.
 

Draugr

Character
Sith Empire
Rank
Sith Master

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Scoobert
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Messages
380
Reaction score
293
The dragon killik was down. It screamed in pain after it's eyes were destroyed and was torn apart by the missiles that came in. It was satisfying to see something so big taken out so easily. The power of the force was something beloved and revered by the users of it. Seemed the Mandalorian fighting by their side had taken a fall, Draugr could care less but it was still something worth noting. As the Zabrak would begin to find where his focus should be aimed next, he could feel a new emergence of raw, unrelenting power rise.

It was something strong, the darkness lingering on the force left a stench of dishonor and discomfort. Feeling through the force he sensed the direction of where it emerged. The waves of the force rippled in darkness, something he doesn't feel often. Most of the time it was when Darth Raze was around but now it was elsewhere. The killik Queen Nirn, was encountering Emryc Thorne. Would be a shame to see the ISC President fall. Especially after seeing his bold standing against the horde of bugs. When Zak started off toward Emryc, Draugr figured he would find his way to sneak up on the Queen. She was guarded but with the right speed and movement, he could get there despite the hive mind being able to speak with her.

"Save the diplomat, I have other business!"

Then he was off. Shredding through the bugs on his way to flank the Queen he kept an eye out for any incoming threats, as he had his soldiers follow and fire at any bugs attempting to strike Draugr by surprise. The bodies of the buglike creatures splitting in half, and falling lifeless at the hands of the Sith master. It seemed there was some disarray upon the face of the flayed Queen, perhaps someone had been distracting her. If so then the Zabrak would be able to get a stealthy attack off and hopefully end the nightmare on the planet.

Draugr is attempting to successfully get into a flanking position on the Queen on the battlefield. He has an eye out for incoming bugs, as well as his guard of soldiers with him. Smile.



@Logan
 

Roman Antilles

Character
Sith Empire
Rank
Champion

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Faded
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
22
.


Roman was a relentless fighter, often headstrong and unaware of the consequences of utilizing pure brute power instead of mixing it with some brains. Calculative measures was something the powerful Sith champion often disregarded and too often it had led to him barely escaping disastrous situations. This would seem to be one of them. His mind settling into the zone of killing bugs, he watched as plasma weapon seared through flesh and chitin armor, causing a splash of acidic blood to wash against his armored body but he persisted nonetheless.

His saber was carefully maneuvered like a well planned paintbrush, each stroke nothing but a fatal hit as the Sith attempted to carve his way through enemies. A voice in the back shouted out to him, "Champion Antilles! The Repeater is online!" The lead engineer screamed, his team had finished setting up the heavy artillery cannon and Roman hoped it would add the much needed emphasis in turning this battle. Attention splitting to his side, Roman lept forwards and towards the cannon. His saber extinguished as both armored hands wrapped around the handle of the massive turret, right thumb pressed down indefinitely onto the trigger button.

The artillery barrel began to rotate, first slowly but then rapidly picked up pace as heavy blaster bolts began to sear outwards, attempting to mow down any enemies caught in its warpath. Feeling the natural radiating resistance of the weapon, Roman had to use his physical strength to bear down and control the recoil, slowly sweeping the cannon back and forth horizontal so that he could cover the masses of killiks nearing his position. He focused however, on targeting the Queen herself, attempting to overwhelm the powerful creature with the relentless and endless supply of heavy blaster fire.

Roman however, was completely unaware of the assassins approaching him from behind. If the Jedi were to choose a different path than save him, the Sith was likely going to be a casualty. @Forsythe Crowholde @SlagathorTheUnknown

@Logan

Roman continues to attack the Killiks with his lightsaber until the Heavy Repeater is online. He then mounts the artillery weapon and begins firing it, focusing the blaster fire on killiks as well as the Queen. He is completely unaware and vulnerable to the assassin Killiks approaching him if the Jedi choose not to intervene.
 

Veer Altaris

Character
Independent
Rank
Unranked

Character Profile
Link
OOC
Altaris
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
15

Veer exhaled a single breath through his nostrils, vibrating through the voice-scrambler in his mask. The Axxilan watched as the bolt of yellow plasma sailed through the air and found it marks - striking exactly where he intended on the insectoid’s head. Of course, he didn’t miss the unintended consequences of his actions - mahogany eyes snapping over to Clove as the Jedi tore away at the back paneling of her armor.

While unfortunate, it was certainly better than the half-Annfyn getting torn to shreds by the creature.

The Axxilan kept his visor pressed down near the scope of his rifle - the barrel flicking ever-so-slightly to settle upon the single remaining insectoid that pursued the half-Annfyn. His finger hovered across the trigger, and he waited until Clove unleashed the Force to fire once more - tracking just ahead of her trajectory and in the pathway of the Kilik. If successful, the sniper shot would piece through the assassin-Kilik’s abdomen just as it sailed backwards - aiming to euthanize the creature while keeping the splatter of acidic blood away from his allies.

Regardless of the effectiveness of his shot, Veer tilted his head briefly towards Clove - a bit of acknowledgement to the Jedi - before his attention flicked elsewhere. He caught a glimpse of the dragon as it was brought down, and he clearly picked up on the sound of Zakrym’s voice. The Axxilan’s gaze settled upon the sight of Emryc being hoisted by the Hive Queen - and he promptly focused his attention in the group rushing to rescue the Galactic Leader.

His gaze briefly snapped towards Arctus and Ruz - catching a glimpse of the pair unassailed for the moment. “The Cadir!” He shouted, his distorted and mechanized voice blaring across the battlefield and shared comm channel. The Axxilan hadn’t forgotten who they were here to protect - and the death of a Sith wasn’t much of a loss if it meant securing their objective.

Beginning to take slow steps forward, Veer leveled his rifle on the swarm that separated the group from the President - firing three bolts of yellow plasma in slow succession - attempting to gradually piece away at the swarm and clear a path for Draugr and Zak.

All the while, he didn’t neglect to lift his gaze from the scope and observe his surroundings. He had been completely unassailed thus far, and he knew it was only a matter of time before the Swarm turned to address him. With two blaster pistols strapped to his belt, the Axxilan was prepared to abandon his rifle for the fast-draw weapons the moment it was necessary.

Veer fired another shot at the Kilik chasing Clove in hopes of killing it. He barks some commands at Ruz and Arc, and then starts to join the Emryc-Rescue-Crew and fires three shots at the Kilik’s in their path.

@Logan

@Sreeya @Faded @SlagathorTheUnknown @Forsythe Crowholde (Tagging those addressed in my post)
 

The Storyteller

Dungeon Master
Rank
Member DM

Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
3,260
Reaction score
2,018
The thought had crossed Altronis's mind briefly, but he hadn't wanted to believe it could be true. Yet, he'd been concerned enough about betrayal to arm himself. He doubled checked the pistol was charged and ready. It was also why he hadn't sent the other man any information about his own ship positions.

When he was a junior officer in the Navy, years ago he'd been told by one of his NCOs that a Captain was a feared and powerful thing. They always knew the answer, they always knew what to do, and that the men and women under him had to have complete confidence in his plans and his orders. It was for this reason alone that the Admiral's face didn't even twitch. Not because he felt in control - as was evidenced by the quick but quiet intake of breath - but because he needed to appear to be in control. And because the only hope they had was if he did not panic and found them the path out.

He fell back on a career's worth of training and study as his eyes swept over the scanners. He couldn't focus on how much the betrayal hurt or the realization that he may very well lose this battle. He couldn't think about the fact that he was about to lose thousands of men and women or the fact that he was going to kill thousands of ISC soldiers. He couldn't think about the fact that he had served with some of the officers in the Core Fleet. Commander Orthos, Captain Westholm, and dozens more. No, he could only think about the other ships as objects. Obstacles that needed to be overcome and reduced to debris. This was the way his men and women survived.

That was when he saw his opening. Nielson had made a mistake, and Altronis wasted not a second capitalizing on it. His voice was calm but quick as he delivered his orders and the ships began moving at once. It seemed his decision not to send ship positions to Nielson may well save him the battle.

Heavy Alpha, move to engage CDF Light fleet, weapons free, he said. Nielson had brought his light fleet out of hyperspace too close to the Third Fleet's heavy force and had continued to barrel down. The two forces were already almost on top of each other, and that was excellent news for Altronis. Heavy Force was designed for ship to ship combat while the Light Force was much better as pickets and anti-fighter forces. In other words, the Heavy Alpha should be able to obliterate the CDF Light Force in a fight.

Cannons opened fire and slammed against ship shields and hulls, a mess of multicolored lasers filled the sky in a beautiful but utterly deadly Christmas tree.

East reserve fighters, defend Heavy Alpha, he instructed. Bring the Command Fleet in to fill the gap of Heavy Alpha, he said.

He once again pressed the comm station and opened a line to the Hapans. Queen Mother, if you engage the CDF Heavy force we'll punch through their light fleet and hit them in the flanks, he said. It was only logical given the CDF Heavy force was already bearing down on the East side Hapan group. He could only hope it was enough.

Divide and conquer, he thought. The true Killik force was still far enough away that hopefully it wouldn't be able to save the CDF slave force. Hopefully.

Get me SecDef on the line. He needs to know all of what's happened. If there are any other ships in the area call them in. I don't care if it's ISC, Imperial, FWA, or kriffing pirate, if they're willing to put guns on target for us, I want them here, he said. He didn't know if there would be time, but he hoped that Carrick might be able to make it happen.

  • Heavy alpha fleet takes advantage of positioning to attack CDF light fleet where they should have a significant advantage
  • Fighters on the east side move to protect Heavy Alpha
  • Command Fleet moves over slightly to help fill in the space behind Heavy Alpha
  • Calls Charlotte
  • Map updated
  • Calls Carrick and any other fleets/ships nearby









 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ruzaan Kai

Character
Jedi Order
Rank
Jedi Padawan

Character Profile
Link
OOC
SlagathorTheUnknown
Joined
Jun 15, 2021
Messages
503
Reaction score
441
After helping Arctus to deal with the kiliks surrounding him, Ruzaan once again took stock of the battlefield. Clove was still on her feet, and a massive explosion took down the Nope that was his biggest deterrent from trying to make contact with the Cadir, who was presumably trapped inside the building that had sustained heavy damage.

Tuned in to the Force as he was, the emergence of not one but two incredibly powerful presences nearby, sent a shiver down his spine. A shocked glance back at the battle brewing between an apparent kilik leadership figure and the President of the ISC?!?! firmed in his mind the desire to be elsewhere at the moment- even if that meant charging forward to join the Sith's aggressive push towards the Cadir's building. A quick jerk of the head would nonverbally communicate to Arctus (@Forsythe Crowholde) his intent to continue the attack, and the Togruta gathered the Force within him as he ran to once again intercept the assassin killiks threatening Roman (@Faded).

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Much like he had just moments ago when coming to Actus' aid, Ruzaan did his best to reinforce Roman by taking the fight to the assassin killiks. Taking advantage of the nearest assassin killik's focus on the Sith, he'd swing his lightsaber evenly towards the base of its neck in an attempt to decapitate this one, too. He'd then attempt to hurl said assassin kilik into its nearby companions with the Force, trying to smash the flanking maneuver in its tracks much like he had with the ones attacking Arctus. "We need to keep moving! Remember why we're here!" he called out those nearby, disagreeing with his fellow Togruta (@Apollyon). From what he could tell, the ISC President had an army at his back who could rush to the celebrity's aid- the Cadir did not.

((Edit: Ruz has no clue who used the Force))

@Logan @Sreeya
Ruz notices the two powerful Force pulses not far away. RUZ HAS NO IDEA WHO THIS IS SPECIFICALLY
Ruz moves forward to help the Sith and Romeo
He jumps onto one kilik's back, tries to cut its head off, and does his best to go bowling with whatever remains
 
Last edited:
Top