But I could be fire.
- Jan 21, 2021
- Reaction score
Back to Our Beginning
Image courtesy of Thomas C Wagner
The planet of Ossus once housed one of the first Jedi Temples which hosted the Great Jedi Library. Open to all comers, it was a bastion of knowledge, learning, safety, and growth. It represented the Order and the brilliant ideals they stood upon, housed hundreds of generations of Jedi, and was a nexus for the Light. Now, only ruins and wastelands remain, picked clean by scavengers and historians, protected by a tribal people who see the Force as nothing more than magic.
Following the desecration of Ajan Kloss, the Jedi hide away in the Yavin IV temple. Demoralized. Directionless. Infighting. Lacking a connection with their history and reviled by the galaxy at large. Or so a single studious Padawan thought. So she proposed to the Council that rebuilding the Ossus temple would send a message through the Order and to the galaxy. Out of the ashes of disaster, even in the midst of a wasteland, the Order will rise again. Learning, growing, teaching, and keeping their gates open to all, just as they once had been. It would rebuild the goodwill, trust, and influence the Order once held.
This undertaking will be a difficult test. It will determine if the Order can build, maintain, and protect like the Jedi of old. If the Ossus restoration succeeds, the Jedi Order will no longer be hermetic and wandering, it will have an undeniably powerful nexus of influence on the galaxy, built entirely by their own hands.
OOC: This mission pack grew out of an idea that I really wanted to see more Jedi lessons, saber-building, kyber hunting, youngling-shooting-with-dronesing, a lot of the 'traditional' Jedi things we see in Star Wars media. Building the Ossus Temple and Academy would be an IC and OOC way of encouraging this kind of thing, as well as trying to initiate the Jedi as an open, public force.
- Shadows of Ourselves (Self DM/Ask): The Ysanna tribe currently occupy the wastelands of Ossus. A humanoid species with primitive technology, they are the last protectors of the Jedi Ruins on the planet and refuse to let anyone enter, so they may take issue with the new Jedi Order rebuilding if proper contact isn't made. A group of diplomatically sensitive Jedi will need to find a way to communicate with them and convince them that they and the Order can co-exist, while avoiding a potentially disastrous result of them becoming hostile to the Order or worse: worshiping the Order.
Takers: @Maxims Tionson @Carlyn Muireann @Drastus Drahr @Vitiion
- Kyber Poaching (PvP/Open): The Ysanna natives are in open conflict with a shell mining operation that's currently excavating a Kyber cave. The miners are well prepared for this kind of resistance however, and are being provided with mercenaries, arms, and backing from suspected Crimson Dawn suppliers. The Jedi cannot afford to let the Syndicates kill the undeveloped natives and take away Ossus' kyber crystal bounty that could be instead used for fostering new Padawans.
OOC Note: This can be a PvP-centered mission involving the Five Syndicates. With there being a bounty on Jedi lightsabers, there's a high risk that the Jedi can lose their lightsabers as well as suffering the other typical PvP consequences. It won't be death enforced.
Takers: @Byron Ryker @Rishe Vakren @Hal Mikko @Hannibal Grayza (Conditionally)
Known Opposition: @BX 166 @Kyp
- The Fleets (Self DM/Closed): With skilled Pamarthen pilots protecting Yavin IV, the Jedi could find another source of pilots to protect the trade lanes and supply lines in the Adegan system. A possible candidate included the Ossein Fleets. A nomadic, entirely space-based culture of excellent pilots and merchants. A group will be sent to offer them safe homes along the Adegan system's trade lanes, providing mutual protection, stability, and trade with the Jedi Order.
Takers: @Crix Aran @Rupert
- Temple Guardians (Self DM/Asked): The Jedi will need guardians, overseers, and guides to their temple. With the new idea of openness, the people of the galaxy will bring unique conflicts and dangers into the Jedi's midst. A standing force of Temple Guardians has been suggested, like the Guardians of old. But without the numbers of Jedi to maintain it, they must look elsewhere for members. One possibility includes training the fanatically loyal and force-sensitive Ysanna to guard the temples they... already guard, providing them modern training and equipment to do so. Another involves reaching out to a Deucalian clan, and offering them refuge within the Jedi's temple in exchange for protection and their esteemed warriors. Though a potential hurdle involves a shaky history between the clans and the Jedi Order that will need to be overcome. Whatever solution the group chooses is up to them, the poor Padawan is overworked with organizing.
Takers: @Eckaaso Shyn @Drastus Drahr @Drow Venn
- Uncovering Our Past (Self DM/Ask): Luke Skywalker was able to find the Rammahgon in the ruins of Ossus. While the upper levels and exterior are rebuilt and occupied, Jedi will be sent to carefully explore and map out the underground passages. Their purpose will be to find any documents, artifacts, or insights into the history of Ossus and the temple while clearing out any threats that may have been left behind. The Old Orders were notorious for locked doors, puzzles, holocrons with cryptic riddles, and droid guardians all to test someone's conviction in the Light.
To take place after Thread 1: Shadows of Ourselves.
Takers: @Maxims Tionson @Drastus Drahr @Vitiion @Carlyn Muireann