Chaos, Yet Harmony Dice Rolls

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Hello everyone, this is where we will do our dice rolling for the thread. This will be a gentle reminder, to not constantly roll to negate bad rolls. Take proper damage and if things get tough we'll have to think of ways to solve the challenges that arise. @Ulysses and @Reyn
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
We come across an old platform that seems to be decayed away, down below is a fall that would surely break an ankle if one were to fall into it. An old power cabling unit still remains from a downed Imperial shuttle. Oren is going to attempt to use it to swing across. Since I just rolled a 76, everything goes better than expected.
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Since I was able to get across, I'd find an old Imperial mining platform, if I can get it to start up, he could have it hover over the space, allowing the group to walk across it. Depending on the roll, both may be able to cross or only one, or none. With a 93, both would easily be able to cross, allowing us to head to the next portion with little ease.
 

Reyn

Professional Human
SWRP Writer
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
149
Reaction score
79
Cool, Ifrane is now Zeffo, let's see if Izel get's electrocuted while navigating through this substation...
 

Ulysses

Member
SWRP Writer
Joined
Mar 9, 2017
Messages
602
Reaction score
187
Rolling for Xander finding his way forward through the rising dust cloud and avoiding the obstacles
 

Reyn

Professional Human
SWRP Writer
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
149
Reaction score
79
That certainly could have gone better...
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Okay, you rolled a 1, so that's a critical failure. Just going off the basis of what the other group went through with Saul rolling a 1. You'll be knocked out for the rest of the plot. I'm thinking maybe some crushed legs? @Ulysses unless you have something else that you want to happen.

I'll try to work my way over to you.
 

Ulysses

Member
SWRP Writer
Joined
Mar 9, 2017
Messages
602
Reaction score
187
I've deliberately left it vague...

The rules say not necessarily mission failure. That doesn't say whether I'm "out" but certainly I'm not in a position to proceed without help
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
I talked with @Painus about what we need to do moving forward. You are correct that there is no mission failure at this point. Reyn and myself are still up, and we can still rescue you and continue on with the mission. The current predicament is the nat 1 roll. Nightfall's character rolled a natural 1 in "Emotion, Yet Peace" and was badly injured and is knocked out the rest of the thread.

I rolled a 3 in a different thread and lost my arm completely and was knocked out of the thread. You'll have to take serious injuries from the roll, and I'll leave that up to you on what you want to decide. But, we can carry you on our way to the temple if we're able to rescue you without much of a problem.
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Rolling to wall run against the falling rubble from the valleyside, if I can get across I should be able to land on the side close to where Xander is injured. I'll then have one more round before I make it to him.

So I made it, but I'm going to sprain my ankle and take a -2 to all future rolls for the rest of the thread.
 

Reyn

Professional Human
SWRP Writer
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
149
Reaction score
79
Next I'm going to have Izel platforming her way up through the mining facility with moving conveyor belts and such, rolling to see if she makes it up to the next area or is injured...
 

Ulysses

Member
SWRP Writer
Joined
Mar 9, 2017
Messages
602
Reaction score
187
I talked with @Painus about what we need to do moving forward. You are correct that there is no mission failure at this point. Reyn and myself are still up, and we can still rescue you and continue on with the mission. The current predicament is the nat 1 roll. Nightfall's character rolled a natural 1 in "Emotion, Yet Peace" and was badly injured and is knocked out the rest of the thread.

I rolled a 3 in a different thread and lost my arm completely and was knocked out of the thread. You'll have to take serious injuries from the roll, and I'll leave that up to you on what you want to decide. But, we can carry you on our way to the temple if we're able to rescue you without much of a problem.
I don't necessarily disagree.

However, not all dice rolls are created equal. Some things are more inherently risky than others - rolling a 1 in this situation would be less detrimental than rolling a 30, say, if a Padawan took on an NPC Sith lord.

Or another way to look at it would be the risk/reward payoff. Very little was up for grabs with a successful roll _at this stage of the thread_ and so it would make sense that the risks are commensurate. Otherwise, one in one hundred difficult tasks would result in spontaneous fainting.

The current detriment consists in you having to turn back to find me, making no progress and exposing yourself and me to more risk. The other thing is it is a huge knock to X's ego, which is a theme that has been building. I think it would be more interesting for him to experience that consciously than for him necessarily to be knocked out.

I propose that I make a check to see if I can do anything about the boulder - with a 20% penalty and then to infer back damage consistent with this. (i.e. a top available value of 80, representing starting to carve the boulder with his lightsaber, and a bottom value of 1, representing total blackout.)

Edit: 17 - ouch
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
A landslide happens as he's trying to get to Xander, I'll have to do the little force slide thing that Cal does in Fallen Order, if I'm successful, I'll roll to free you.

So that's a 38, barely a success. I'm going to say that he loses his saber, so I'll have to go the rest of this thread and the last one without it.
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Rolling to see if I can use the force to pull the boy out of the rubble.
So with the sprain in his ankle, that drops him down from a success to barely a success. Going to say force fatigue hit him, so total, I'm going to put him down from -2 to -4 going forward.
 

Reyn

Professional Human
SWRP Writer
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
149
Reaction score
79
Okay... Seeing as you guys are basically falling apart here and I'm the only one unscathed can we say that if I get a rousing or critical success on my next roll Izel finds some way to turn off the machinery or at least make things a bit easier for you? I hate to be of zero help here.
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Okay... Seeing as you guys are basically falling apart here and I'm the only one unscathed can we say that if I get a rousing or critical success on my next roll Izel finds some way to turn off the machinery or at least make things a bit easier for you? I hate to be of zero help here.
Go for it, that could be beneficial
 

Reyn

Professional Human
SWRP Writer
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
149
Reaction score
79
Go for it, that could be beneficial
Awesome, rolling to see if Izel makes it to the observation deck and finds an off switch for the mining equipment...
 

TWD26

Active Member
SWRP Writer
SWRP Supporter
Joined
Jul 13, 2014
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
708
Rolling to see if I'm able to climb out of the ruins

65, thankfully that's a success. I'm going to make it out of the wastelands somewhat clean. Do one more roll and catch up to me and then we'll do a post or two just walking and talking as we enter the remains of the Praxeum--we're so close. @Reyn
 
Top