Ask  Corellia Won't Get Fooled Again

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Funani Avanti, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Funani Avanti

Funani Avanti Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Caught in Strangereal
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Unknown den in Coronet City, Corellia
    Time: Unknown

Funani eyes shot open as the blue haze drilled into his brain and briefly blinded him. Still trying to get a grips with himself. He had this awful dream about how he wanted to offer some people to work on a droid, next thing he knew he got beaten up by a bunch of dudes, they demanded he do it for free which was met with a hell no from Funani. Wait a second... Funani realized his body had been aching and a quick feel of his body revealed several bruises. Suddenly waking up wasn't an issue as he shot up and stood up only to realize he was in room filled with cages and that he was in one of them. Shite that wasn't a dream.

Looking around him while everything was tinted in a disgusting blue he had trouble being able to discern if any cages had people in them. It was still too dark to clearly make anything out other than the fact that there was a bunch of cages. Who the hell are these guys? Criminals can be scum but most don't keep a blue cage dungeon for kicks. It seemed like he had to stick his nose into the worst possible place as usual. He now turned to the cage he was in and trying to calculate an escape plan.

The cage was made out of durasteel that looked rusted enough to give anyone tetanus. It was shaped like a bird cage except big enough to hold a human. The bars were tightly spaced enough so that he could only put his thin hand outside the cage. There was also barbed wire wrapped around his cage with it mostly concentrated around the door and lock or so Funani had presumed. Funani shook the bars of the cage to see if any of them were loose or malleable, sadly they were not. He slammed his fist against the cage in frustration.

"Ah kriff. HELLO! anybody there? I swear if you let me out I'll remove you from my enemies list!"

Funani yelled but all he got for now was just an echo. Funani started to rummage through his pockets only to discover that his gear had been taken... that worried Funani because this combined with everything else told him one thing: These guys; whoever they are, had a brain. Funani thoughts began to worry as he wondered where the hell Oddi was.

@Raven_41 @Zanna Black

Zanna Black and Raven_41 like this.
  2. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Flashback: two hours earlier…

Oddi and Funani had journeyed to Corellia because of the possibility of purchasing a ship for business purposes, even though their business was fledgling at best. (They hadn’t even given it a name yet.) You see, Funani was a big thinker and had grandiose plans for the future, and although Oddi was welcome to insert her opinion here and there (and she did), she wasn’t about to stand in his way. If he had the money, why not?

They probably could’ve picked a better part of town to operate in when they disembarked at Coronet City. It was pretty sleazy here, and a pair of shorties like Oddi and Funani were likely to be easy targets. Oddi was no stranger to sleazy… she had been a pickpocket herself before her employment and she was all-too-familiar with underworld operations, having previously been enslaved by one. Funani? She was pretty sure that the jawa didn’t comprehend that they were walking talking bullseyes in this environment… especially at this time of night.

She had only been gone for an hour… an hour… to pick up a couple of supplies and some portion packs when she had returned to see a couple of thugs carrying Funani on one of their shoulders and laughing as they were walking off. Big thugs. No one around them had attempted to stop this from happening… in fact, they hardly even gave a second glance! She didn’t dare use her blaster to stun them. For one, they were surrounded by lowlifes and vagabonds, and who knows what would happen if Oddi was left trying to drag an unconscious jawa off the street with everyone watching? Two, she was utterly untrained in marksmanship, and if she got in a tussle with them she probably didn’t stand much of a chance. She had no idea why these grunts were carting her boss away, but she knew that she had to find out. She had to follow them.

She removed her eye protection so that the reflective surface wouldn’t give her presence away. She then darkened her skintone and eyes to blend in with the shadows and tailed them for a good ten to fifteen minutes until they led her to a set of stairs leading under the streets. It was quite easy to follow them. They wouldn’t shut up for a second.

The stairs lead to a ladder, which lead to the sewers. There seemed to be a literal underground culture that had formed under here, and Oddi’s sneaking about apparently passed as fairly normal behavior. Despite this, it wasn’t as easy to follow the brutes now due to having to hop over people here and there laying down in her path. Having stubby legs proved to be a hindrance here. She had almost thought that she lost them until she spotted them knocking on a door. There was an exchange of words in a language that she couldn’t understand before they were let in. The door bolted behind them.

Karkin’ hell… I ain’t gettin’ through that a’ ways, she told herself. Looking around, she sought out a possible alternate route, and there was one… but it would require her squirming through a water outlet that might’ve been a much more difficult crawl if she had been a full-sized clawdite. This is gonna suck, she warned herself as she began to shimmy her way in.

The outlet lead her on a series of turns and finally she saw the opening where the water was trickling out. There were bars across the threshold with no means of getting around or through other than possibly a handsaw. Just then, her ears caught the echo of rattling metal and familiar voices jabbering away as they entered the slightly dark, wet chamber. Peering through the bars she could make out what seemed to be a series of… birdcages? And most of them had humanoid figures either slamming the bars demanding their release or sitting dejectedly, looking as if they’d given up any hope of future freedom. What the hell is all this??? she thought, horrified at the scene and having minor flashbacks about her own experiences. She could make out Funani’s unconscious figure still on the shoulder of that goon as he was being carried in. If she was going to bust him out, she would need to prepare. She would need to find a place to keep her valuables first. She scanned the layout and took note of the type of cages they were, the barbwire, what types of tools she would need… she would need tiny tools, and plastic wrapping for those. Oh, and one more thing…

Jawa’s robes. (And it was a good thing that she had seen Funani’s face by now.)

Fast forward to now…

The doors to the blue room busted open as another robed Jawa was carried in, except this one was kicking and screaming, and demanding to be brought to her husband! “Where is he??? Where is my husband??? You put me with him, you understand!!!??? Neeeeeyeeeeaaaaahhh!!! UN TAH KEEEEE!!!”

“Shut up, you damned desert rat!!!” Goon number one barked as he tossed her in a cage and slammed the door shut. The other went to work wrapping the barbwire as the new “jawa” ran into the cage door repeatedly, screaming nonsense words that she prayed sounded enough like jawaese.

Since I don’t speak a lick a’ jawaese, he’s gotta know it’s me… she mused.

@ Caught in Strangereal, @ Raven_41

3. Eithni Vala

Eithni Vala Character

Independent
    Level 1

Shadow Witch
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The Jawa Funani suddenly heard a rather loud commotion behind a door, which slammed open. In walked two Grans carrying a girl in tattered clothes with platinum hair by her upper arms so she couldn't touch the group. One of the Grans was bleeding from a bite mark on his lower arm and cursed in his own language quite furiously, most likely about his bite mark and the girl. "Let me go!" Yelled the girl as her eyes lit up with a luminous green mist colour and started to levitate, trying to twist free and fly out of their reach. Unfortunately, the Grans was prepared and shocked the girl in the side, making her scream and crash on the floor and then lifted over to her own cage. One of the Grans opened the cage next to Funani, while the other one pushed the girl into the cage so that she would fall to the floor in the cage.

After they closed and locked the girl's cage, they left, though the one that was bitten still complained and cursed, slamming the door behind them, pulling the room back into the same dark blue tint. "Ouch ouch ouch" came it from the girl, sitting up while rubbing her sore spots. As she was sitting on the floor, robbing her sore areas, she started to look around the large room until her eyes fell on Funani. The girl's eyes went wide in surprise and crawled a bit closer, almost forgetting her own situation, "By the spirits, what kind of creature are you?!" Asked the girl very excited and very curious, looking at the Jawa with great wonder. The universe never seemed to disappoint Eithni with new things, species or creatures and doubted she would be able to see it all in her lifetime.

@Zanna Black @Caught in Strangereal

4. Funani Avanti

Funani Avanti Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Caught in Strangereal
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Funani's eyes gradually started to adjust to the lighting of the room. His glowing eyes scanning for any possible tool a sharp piece of metal, a bobby pin maybe, a hydrospanner would be amazing. He eventually spotted something: A piece of rubble that would serve as a good tactical smashing rock for his purposes. He started to poke his hand threw the web of bars and wire to reach for the rock, he only needed a centimeter more reach to get a good grasp, wait maybe he was able to...

Ah! Ra'ti! Funani cursed he was able to grab the rock but as he pulled his hand back it caught on the wire which cut into the Jawa's skin. A small trickle of blood began to ooze out but atleast he had his prize... a rock. Ah it was like being on Tatooine all over again. Funani then heard a ruckus coming from the door he quickly stuffed the rock into one of his many pockets just before the door was thrown open. Funani was then greeted by a sight he thought he would never see again.

A Jawa! Funani was almost excited to see a fellow member of his species who was out there that was until a few red flags started to crop. One a Jawa speaking basic was rare most stuck to their home planet and many preferred their native tongue due to it being seen as so much more expressive than basic. The vernacular that many spoke when communicating with people outside their species was seen as a begrudging compromise by many. Also there was another oddity, the smell this Jawa was giving off. That may sound weird for most but for a Jawa scent was a huge part of language and often times you could figure out a Jawa's mood or what was on their mind just by the smell they gave off. This person well just didn't smell right for a lack of a better term. Of course there was the Bantha in the room: Her Jawaese was complete nonsense! Maybe there were a few things that could be interpreted as words if you were drunk enough but that was it. It remind him of how some people mocked Jawas and the high pitch nature of the language. Funani would of been offended in any other circumstance.

Funani got to thinking it was obvious this Jawa was a big fat phony playing pretend but who would pretend to be one. Wait could that be Oddi? She's the only one small enough, had the capacity to fake the Jawa look, and well care enough for Funani to concoct such a harebrained scheme. What the hell was that Clawdite up to?

Before He could do some more thinking, a strange woman was now being brought in and clearly was giving them trouble judging by the bite mark. He didn't know who this person was but she had some serious moxie going for her. Then she seemed to... float and her eyes were glowing green. Who the heck was this chick? They put her in the cage next to Funani, but lucky for her they were in such a rush they didn't bother with wire. Funani couldn't help but stare with curiosity at this person. This only grew when the girl suddenly seemed to completely forget about being locked in a cage and ask Funani what he was.

"Um... I'm a Jawa..." Funani answered taken aback by the question and now pondering the priorities this person had. In another circumstance he would of found the shimmering wonder in her eyes as she asked really adorable and slightly creepy, but cages were great for changing your perspective on things. Um... you ok? looks like they roughed you up pretty bad." Funani asked showing more concern for her well being than what she seemed to be showing for herself. His eyes then turned towards the 'Jawa' in the other cage. "*psst* If you are who I think then we are going to have talk after we get out of here. I really do hope that's not what you think Jawa's sound like." Funani said desperately hoping that he didn't actually sound like that.

@Raven_41 @Zanna Black

Raven_41 likes this.
  5. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oddi made it a point to make sure that her hood didn’t shift too much when she continued her act of banging around in the cage. She didn’t want the thugs to notice how her eyes couldn’t glow, or that she had only morphed her head and hands since she had never seen anything else on a jawa (and since Funani was her only example, she wasn’t ready to see any more from her boss). She was so absorbed in her act that she hardly took notice of the new prisoner as they had brought her in or the energy that she was giving off. When the goons finally left, she heard some conversation, then she heard herself addressed directly by Funani. She smiled. He knew.

“Oh, sure… I purposely get myself taken prisoner to bust ya out an’ yer criticizin’ my actin’ ability!” Oddi jokingly half-whispered as she pulled down her hood. As she did so, her psudo-rodent features receded, revealing the scaly round face and large reptilian amber eyes of a youthful clawdite. She sighed in relief, as holding a disguise like that took concentration and was even a little painful. “Figures. An’ I was bankin’ on them not knowin’ a thing ‘bout jawas or this would never had worked. No, you sound nothin’ like that. I assure you. But… I see yer makin’ friends already. Hi! I’m…” Her words trailed off as she glanced over at the… human? Her pupils dilated as they automatically adjusted to seeing something beyond physical sight, and she immediately entered an altered state of mind. Wait a minute… this lady was bursting with Force energy, more than anyone that she’s encountered so far! She could actually see the energy before she could even see the lady’s physical appearance.

It took several seconds for her to snap out of her trance and bring herself back to the now. Blinking, she said “Ai Mabara, that was different. Sorry, Ma’am… I… I didn’t mean ta’ stare like that. I’m Oddi.” She wanted to know so much about this person and her experience with the Force, but now was not the time or place. She rolled up her sleeves up to her shoulders, revealing her scaly olive-green arm and an oddly-shaped lump under the skin of her upper underarm. She grimaced as she reached into a self-created skin pocket and pulled out something small and wrapped in plastic. Then the pocket merged back with the rest of her skin as she unwrapped the small package. “That was reeeeeeeally uncomfortable, I gotta say,” she remarked as she revealed what looked to be a lockpick and tiny wire clippers. “Best I could bring in, I’m afraid. Anythin’ more an’ I would’ve been caught fer sure. An’ I ain’t ever tryin’ that trick with a blaster, no matter how small.”

The barbwire would have to be worked on first, and with these tiny clippers it was going to take a couple minutes to work on it. As she concentrated on her task, she couldn’t help but sneak a glance at the rather intense-looking human that was utterly dripping with energy. If we get outta here, she thought, I wonder if she’d be willin’ to explain more to me ‘bout the Force?

Raven_41 likes this.
  6. Eithni Vala

Eithni Vala Character

Independent
    Level 1

Shadow Witch
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Oh... got punch by a stupid three-eyed alien, so I bit his hand" explained rubbing her sore area again, suddenly realizing her head hurt. "Jawa? Never heard of your kind before. Why do you have a hood on? Your eyes are glowing like mine but like always on! Why are they always on? Can you change its colour? Are you all so small? What happened to all the tall Jawas?" Started Eithni and just overloaded Funani with a bunch of question. All the questions were genuine and Eithni came off as a very curious girl. That's when she heard another one talk and turned the direction of the voice but had to narrow her eyes a bit to see the other person. Eithni just smiled sweetly, "Eithni" introduced the young witch back, "are you a Jawa too? Wait, but why are you not hiding in a cloak? Cool eyes! But why are they different from this Jawa?" expressed Eithni ecstatic and also with a questioning look.

She then looked from Oddi to Funani, "are you like in family?" Asked Eithni finally, feeling she got everything out, for now, taking in a huge breathe. A loud hammering on the door, followed by it getting slammed open by a scruffy looking man "Shut your kriffing holes! Or I'll beat you all silent" yelled the man and slammed the metal door again, locking it. Eithni just pointed her tongue at the rude man like a rebellious teenager, not listening to her dad.

@Caught in Strangereal @Zanna Black

7. Funani Avanti

Funani Avanti Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Caught in Strangereal
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Funani couldn't help but blush a bit at Oddi's comment wondering way too heavily on whether that was actually the right thing to say. Suddenly his brain stared to go into the formations of a anxiety loop... That was before the barrage of questions...so many questions. The second Funani started to form an answer there would be five other completely different questions would be ask causing his brain to shut down briefly. His only solace was when Eithni turned towards Oddi and the curiousity bomb was now aimed at Oddi which gave Funani the chance to clear his head and think of something. This happened just as Eithni asked Oddi and Funani if they were family which just caused the blush hidden by Funani's robe to intensify even more.

The door opened and a hkeek nkulla told them all to shut up or get beaten. Sigh what a jack off! Funani couldn't help but smile a bit when Eithni stuck her tongue out in revolt. Still that encounter actually clarified a few things. It meant that there was someone listening but not very well because then they would of definitely done something with Oddi. It also showed that he couldn't see that well because once again he would of dragged Oddi off and confiscated her tools... The elements of a plan were starting to form. Funani felt the rock in his pocket and a devilish smile started to form.

"Hey Eithni, Oddi, I got an idea." Funani whispered trying to keep his voice from carring to much. "I got a theory that they won't be able to hear us whisper so if we keep our voices low." Funani then turned towards Eithni. "First she's a clawdite, completely different, and we're more like partners. Now I'd be happy to answer all your questions when we're out of here. But that doesn't matter right now what does matter is what I have to ask you."

Funani then dug into his pocket and quietly took out the rock. He then very carefully placed it on the ground in the space between his and Eithni's cages. Can you move that rock wit your head? because if so you could probably jam the door open or use it to club that a-hole in the head and knock em' out." Funani then turned to Oddi. "Oddi you keep doing that and work on getting your cage open, chances are that fella has the keys to our cages. When your ready I'm going to cause a ruckus and get that guard's attention. If he has keys on him swipe them. If he comes when your're not ready I'll get his attention and buy you time after that... well this plan still a work in progress but its better than nothing'."

@Raven_41 @Zanna Black

8. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oddi gave Funani an amused look. She was pretty sure he meant for Eithni to use the Force to move the rock. She had an entertaining visual of the lady physically using her head to bop the rock around. But she had picked on the jawa enough for now. He obviously wasn’t used to a good ribbing.

“Guess I better keep th’ hood up, huh?” she whispered to them. The “hkeek nkulla” (what did that mean?) busting the door open to bark at them had been a close call. Oddi had managed to get her hood up before he had glanced in her direction, and thankfully the tools were easy to palm. But that was a little too close for comfort.

She continued working away on the barbwire, but she couldn’t help but keep a slight eye on the other two to see if Eithni was going to do what Funani suggested. “If you don’t mind me sayin’ somethin’,” she continued whispering as she kept snipping, “I think if we try to knock one out with th’ rock we gotta consider th’ possibility that he might not be alone. Ma’am, I can tell yer an experienced Force user, an’ I gots a lotta questions for ya, but if yer gonna throw anythin’ around…” The barbwire snapped apart here. “…maybe consider throwin’ this in th’ mix?” She started quietly unwrapping the wire from around the lock and the doorframe. She pricked her fingers a few times, and had to keep enough willpower to keep from saying ouch, although one in particular scratched her open a bit on the back of her hand and she had to keep from crying out. When she got most of the wire off she pulled it into her cage, coiled it up, then proceeded to slip it out through the bars and onto the floor.

“There! That oughta be useful for somethin’…” she declared softly. She then pulled out her lockpick and started working away on her lock. “I ain’t waitin’ for no key,” She tried to concentrate, trying to keep her mind off of the pain on top of her hand and the tiny drops of blood that were falling to the floor. “Jus’ stay focused on the door, ‘Kay?”

9. Eithni Vala

Eithni Vala Character

Independent
    Level 1

Shadow Witch
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Eithni had so many more questions, why did that Jawa have a hood on? Why didn't he take it down? but most importantly, what does he look like?! Eithni would have to ask or just teasingly pull it down. The young witch blinked a couple of times, move a rock with her head? What? She've never been able to move things with her head, would be a cool thing to do though! "I could throw the rock? Can't throw stuff with my mind, is... is that something you've seen people do before?" Asked Eithni curiously in a whispering tone. Wait, that Oddi, wasn't a Jawa? But they were the almost same height and went with a clock... and sounded like one, these two were weird.

Never-the-less, she still took the rock, she could still use it for something productive. Again with the ma'am... she wasn't that old! "The Force? What's that?" Asked Eithni now even more confused, there was the Ichor her species could control and perform magick, maybe that Oddi was referring to that? "Do you mean magick?" Asked Eithni with yet another question as she looked at Oddi.

Eithni looked over at the door, "there were two when I got pulled in, but he might have left" commented the young witch and turned now finally to the lock of her own cage. If only she had her vibroblades, then it would have been easy, but the damn rude men took her weapons and placed them in a room with all other kinds of weapons. One thing was certain, she would not leave, without her weapons, no matter what.

10. Funani Avanti

Funani Avanti Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Caught in Strangereal
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Funani was both impressed and disturbed by the morbid creativity Oddi was showing. Throwing barbed wire while brutal was something he just didn't think of, maybe that was a good thing his mind didn't go there. Then there was the whole skin pocket idea which he was trying hard not to think ab- oh no, he was thinking about it. Funani couldn't help but shiver at the thought of what it would feel like to use a skin pocket like that. Maybe there was actually some things better left unknown to him.

Luckily for Funani a distraction for his thoughts came to him with each word Eithni spoke. Suddenly the idea of skinvelopes disappeared as he tried to process Eithni's confusion about The Force. Funani had just assumed up to this point that it was well like one of those things a story teller used to hand wave something that didn't make sense. How could she levitate? The Force! How could someone telepathically communicate with him? The Force! Why did Oddi give him horrible tinnitus that one time? Because she didn't know jack about how to use the Force! It seemed endless in its expanse and capability that could do pretty much anything if you thought hard enough to bend the rules of reality.

So when Eithni asked if he meant magick it caused him to cock his head for second and give an unseen expression that if it could speak words would be saying something to the effect of 'Wait Wut'. Was magick a thing? Was it like a form of the Force, or was there this completely segregated part of universe that only a few knew? Could he learn it? Now he was the one with a million questions. He figure when (not if when) he got out of this stinkin jail he would to learn about this curious Eithni, call it a fair exchange if you will. Still asking metaphysical questions did not change the fact that he was stuck in a bird cage.

"We're going to need to talk this over with a cup o' java when we git out of here. Anyways Oddi your a trooper, keep working on what your doing."
    Funani was about to try to get a plan B together when the sound of foot steps echoed faintly from the outside. After a few lines of conversation a loud single knock came from the door in order to usher in the new arrival.

The door opened hinges screeching from friction and a lack of maintenance and two figures were now standing at the entrance. One the same man who had yelled at them. The next was something Funani had never seen before. A quarren female in set of simple dark robes who's blue shimmering eyes matched the haze of the room in an almost surreal fashion. She walked with a stride of slow methodical dominance scanning the room but her eyes fell upon Funani.

"This the one?" She asked as one of her claws pointed towards the young Jawa. The man nodded in answer. The quarren took a set of deliberate steps towards Funani's cage each one feeling like another second of precious time ticking away. She leaned down eyes now locked on Funani's glowing eyes as she took a dominating stance. "I hear you can help with our little droid problem you overgrown rat. Now if you do as your told and be a good little boy I'll let you out and you can serve your Lady Vox. Her hand touch her chest when she mentioned the name, Lady Vox she apparently was.

Funani glowing eyes made a defiant squint at this 'Lady Vox' and Funani spat at her. "I ain't doing any work for you as a slave" Lady Vox simply made some sort of expression with her face which with the tentacles and arrangement of everything meant that Funani had no idea what the heck it was supposed to be. That was until a slow chuckle came from her.
    "A fighter huh? I love it when they resist. Means I get to have my fun in breaking you." The words came out like a syringe injecting venom. Lady Vox took out a stun baton and pressed it against Funani's cage electric current coursing through the Jawa as he convulsed and cried out in pain. After Lady Vox was satisfied with that, she turned to the man. "Open his cage. We're taking him to the chamber."

@Zanna Black @Raven_41

11. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Well, kriff. The human had no idea what they were talking about, and the bewildered expression that she had on her face was something Oddi was getting quite used to whenever she tried to ask questions from a fellow Force user. But the mention of magick seemed strange… was magick just another term for using the Force? In any case, the girl didn’t seem to recognize her capabilities at this time, which put her in a similar position as Oddi. Disappointedly, Oddi pulled the barbwire back into her cage before continuing to pick the lock. She figured that she might as well find another use for it.

It was only several more seconds when she felt the release on the lock mechanism. “I got it!” she whispered excitedly. She was about to push the cage door open when she heard footsteps outside of the chamber door. Quickly, she pulled her arms in and brought her hood down over her face a little more. Well, don’t that just figure… she thought. The timing couldn’t have been worse. Hopefully they wouldn’t notice the lack of barbwire around the door of the cage.

When the door opened, Oddi found herself looking at a species that she had seen before on Coruscant but had never known what they were called. This one, however, took the cake. She was intimidating to say the very least, and her mannerisms reminded her a bit of the ringleader of the fencing operations back on Zolan. He had not been one to be trifled with, and from what she would wager, neither was this thing. And when she spoke, Oddi felt a cold chill run through her veins. It seemed that she had specific plans for Funani. That’s why they nabbed him? To fix a karkin’ droid??? she questioned in her mind. Funani stood his ground, and it made Oddi proud of him, but she knew that now they were sure to do everything they could to crush his spirit and turn him into a submissive kowtowing servant. She knew that sort of hell first hand. Sure enough, this “Lady Vox” threatened exactly that.

Oddi knew that the only thing she could do for now is to not bring any attention to herself. If they noticed that the lock had been unlatched and the barbwire was gone, the jig would be up, and there would be far less hope of them making it out without either being killed or being enslaved alongside Funani. Well, Oddi would be damned if she ever allowed that to happen to her again, and she’d be damned if she was going to allow someone else to experience the same hell. But she also knew that the worst thing she could do at this time is cause a scene. It would ruin everything.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!! Vox was using a stun baton to electrocute Funani!!! It was a short zap, but enough to make him cry out. Oddi had to stop herself from bursting out of the cage to grab the baton, but she knew that she would only make the situation worse. Still, she couldn’t stand to see her friend being so cruelly mistreated. She could feel her blood boiling. But, for Funani’s sake, she had to stay in control.

There was another problem too. She didn’t know what sort of person the girl with the platinum hair was, which made her a wild card. But she figured… on one hand, if the girl remained quiet then they could wait until Funani had been carried out, then Oddi could unlock her cage and then they could work together and ambush or trick the next goon that busted through that door. On the other hand, if she made a scene the way she did when she first came in, then this “Lady Vox” would likely zap her cage like she did Funani’s, and although that still kept attention away from Oddi, it would still hurt the girl. Oddi didn’t want that. There was a third option… a very foolish option. There was waiting till they had their backs turned and making a run for the stun baton. This was probably the worst idea of all.

She would have to wait and see how these kidnappers left the room. Would they be cocky and leave their backs turned, or would they leave a watchful eye until their departure? Oddi’s next move depended on theirs… or maybe the “wild card” had something else in mind?

Slowly, she placed the barbwire down, with part of it sticking out for the girl to see.

Just in case.

12. Eithni Vala

Eithni Vala Character

Independent
    Level 1

Shadow Witch
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Eithni had followed the exchange between Funani and that weird alien thing and she did not like what it was saying, especially when they started to zap his kage. "Leave him alone!" Yelled Eithni glowering at the one called Lady Vox. Lady Vox turned her venomous stare at the young witch, "well well well, we got a trouble maker among our 'guests'" smirked the Quarren female and took a couple of steps to get in front of the cage Eithni was in. "My, aren't you a pretty little one and so young, maybe we could make a dancer out of you" commented Lady Vox rather menacing as her tentacles started to caress herself. Eithni spat in Lady Vox's face and then pointed her tongue at the Quarren female.

A whisper of a moan released from Lady Vox's mouth, which sent a chill down Eithni's spine. "mMmm, I do like them fiery" commented Lady Vox as she removed to spit and nodded at Eithni's cage for the guard to zap the witch's cage. However, when the guard pressed the stun baton to the metal cage, did nothing happen, no screaming. Lady Vox looked surprised for just a second and then her eye's shot daggers, "are you deaf? Shock the prisoner!" demanded the female Quarren pissed looking at Eithni. Lady Vox's eyes went wide and walked a few steps back in a mix of horrid and amazement. Eithni's eyes lit up in the blue shade darkness with glowing green colour had filled out her eyes with smoke escaping in the outer corner of the eyes. Not only that, but Eithni was levitating in the air, not touching the surface of the cage.

The same green glowing colour started to form in the young girl's hands, energy dancing around her fingers. The taste of electricity started to fill the air and before anyone knew it, had Eithni sent a short burst of green luminous lightning directly at the guard and the Quarren female. The sudden surprise attack made the guard stumble backward from getting electrocuted by the girl, slamming his head into Oddi's cage, however still alive and half awaken. Lady Vox also got a taste of the painfully, though quick shock from lightning, but managed to escape the room, calling for more guards as she ran down most likely a corridor.

Zanna Black likes this.
  13. Funani Avanti

Funani Avanti Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Caught in Strangereal
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Funani's heart was pounding after he started to look around his surroundings lying on the ground. His heart seemed to plummet when Lady Vox made her way to Eithni, who actually seemed to show a care for him. Funani was still not used to that being more accompanied to the everyone for themselves mentality that dominated places like Tatooine. Still he looked on with helplessness as Vox talked about making Eithni a dancer, what disgusting pigs these people were.

Then all hell broke loose. They went to shock the cage and nothing happened, it was as surprising to Funani as it was for Vox. Then Eithni started to rise eyes glowing that sinister luminous green that was so out of place with the rest of her personality. The air then ignited with a burst of lightning that seemed to burst from Eithni's hands. What the kark? The guard was down, and Vox retreated to the corridor. Oddi then busted from her cage in a sprint frantically scavenging the guard grabbing both the stun baton and the set of keys that hopefully would prove to be their freedom.

Everything was a blur as Funani tried to process the events going on before him. Suddenly the keys were in his cage with his ears vaguely hearing a command to open the cage. Funani instinctively grabbed the keys rushing to find the right one to his cage. Several heart pounding seconds which felt like an eternity for the panicked Jawa. He barely registered the clicking of the mechanism and he flung the door to his cage to open. He flew out barely keeping enough sense to grab the keys.

The Jawa was panicking he had no plan now, no idea what to do from here and he could finally here the marching footsteps of guards now running towards their room. Once again each second feeling like an eternity. "What do we do? What do we do? what do we do?" Funani panted now highly strung, of course there was an answer even if it wasn't being spoken: Improvise. They would have to find a way to deal with the guards and free Eithni

@Zanna Black @Raven_41

Oddi's actions in this post were coordinated with Zanna

Raven_41 and Zanna Black like this.
  14. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Use of the character Funani is with permission of Caught in Strangereal.

Oddi could hardly believe her eyes. This platinum-haired girl had just unleashed power unlike anything she had ever seen. And she could feel it radiating through the air and her soul. Incredible!!! It feels like th’ Force… but it’s so wild!!! She flinched when the guard flew into her cage. Luckily, it hit the hinged side of the cage door and not where the lock was. Otherwise it might’ve locked again! It was here that Lady Vox went running out of the room yelling for reinforcements. Okay… this was happening. She knew she had to seize this moment as she grabbed the barbwire once again.

Oddi charged out of the cage like a fathier out of a racing stable, except instead of keeping momentum she skidded and doubled back to the guard. She tugged the stun baton out of his hand as he began to stir again. “Oh no ya don’t!” she declared as she zapped him right in the head, rendering him unconscious. She then attempted to grab the keys from him, but it released a shock. “OUCH!” she cried out. She shook her head at her own stupidity as she grabbed the keys again, knowing that the charge had been grounded by now. “Funani! Git yerself outta there!” she called out as she chucked the keys over to his cage.

As Funani fumbled about for the right key Oddi ran over to the side of the door to the room, unraveling the barbwire as she went. Ouch ouch ouch ouch… she repeated in her head as she kept pricking her fingers. Funani managed to unlock his cage just as multiple footsteps could be heard charging down the hall toward them. “Funani! Come here an’ grab this!” she told him, holding out the other end of the wire to him as he ran over. When he took it, she said, “Stand on that side of th’ door… an’ when I tell you to, pull!” She took her place on her side of the doorframe. Sure enough, three more of those goons charged up to the open door. “PULL!!!” she called out as both she and Funani yanked hard on the wire. The leader of the pack went down first, with the other two landing on top of him quite hard. She dropped her end of the wire while signaling Funani to do the same. Then she plunged her baton into the side of the guard on top and grimaced as she watched the charge course through the big pile of guard before her. “Yeesh!” she declared as Funani worked on opening the cage of the Magick girl.

She grabbed another stun baton from the pile and zapped the group again. “That’s kinda fun, right there…” Smirking a little, she waited for her boss to turn around to look at her. “Look! I got ya a cattle prod!” she announced glibly.

Then she zapped them again, giggling a little.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:37 PM
    Raven_41 likes this.
  15. Eithni Vala

Eithni Vala Character

Independent
    Level 1

Shadow Witch
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Everything went so fast after Eithni had zapped the guard and Lady Vox. Eithni had landed again in her cage as she looked on with the two small creatures take out three other guards trying to storm the room. "Wooh!" Cheered Eithni to Oddi and Funani taking out the three guards and grinned when she got free from her own prison. Eithni skipped with her hands behind her back and stopped in front of the pile of guards which Oddi had a lot of fun zapping. "That looks fun, let me try!" smiled the witch cheerful and the familiar green luminous smoke appeared in her palms, dancing around the fingers. The whole room lit up in a green glow as Eithni zapped the guards full of green lightning, however, unlike the stun baton, this looked more like direct torture and for just giggles.

The men started to scream in horrid pain for the multiple short bursts of excruciating lightning. Her lightning might not be able to rival that of a Sith Emperor or the matriarch of all Nightsisters. It might not even but that powerful, but at direct contact in close vicinity, it feel like putting a fork in a plug and then does it again five to six times after each zap. Eithni just stood there, on the other side of where Oddi stood and tortured the guards with a light-hearted smile. One of the guards went completely unconscious from the seer among of constant pain that went through him, that his brain just shut down. The weird part was that Eithni didn't at all look like some kind of evil Sith torturing the innocent because he could. Eithni looked like a young girl just having a lot of cheerful fun, which in this case was zapping the three guards.

"So what now?" Asked Eithni loudly not stopping with electrocuting the poor sods, she could just keep on going with this, it was fun after all, but she also kind of wanted to get out of this room.

Zanna Black likes this.
  16. Funani Avanti

Funani Avanti Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Caught in Strangereal
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Funani scurried about flinging Eithni's cage open. Funani then turned back looking at Oddi who now had a stun baton for herself and him, wonderful. Funani took the offered weapon quickly checking it over. Now it was the time for payback against any one who stood in their way, oh Funani was fixing for an escape. Then he turned his head over and saw Eithni who now seemed to be using her shock powers to... make the people on the ground scream in pain. Funani was disturbed to put it lightly staring off into the expressions of both the tortured and torturer finding Eithni's childlike amusement to the whole ordeal unnerving. Yeah this piles of dooka were just beating him up but this just felt wrong. The part of Funani's mind however handling the emotional weight of this experience decided to shut off for now, he would think about this later where he could shiver and cry in peace.

"Uh Eithni, that's enough, they not gonna do much now." Funani called to Eithni but she may have been to caught up in the heat of the moment to notice his protest. Thankfully she asked what they were going to do next, THANK KARK. Funani then did a quick mental inventory of what they had, two stun batons some barbed wire and a crazy girl that shoots lightning (Note to self: Don't piss off the crazy girl that shoots lightning.). They could fight back but they could also be quickly be overwhelmed if anyone brought something like a blaster, they would need firepower.

"Weapons! Does anyone know where they took ours? Funani called out to no one in particular and then noticed that well he Oddi and Eithni weren't completely alone and that there were others even if it seemed like the arrival of Lady Vox and Eithni's dosage of lightning seemed to scare them. Funani then finally saw one human's eyes that stared down at him pleadingly, a tinge of guilt crossed his mind at the thought that he nearly left these people behind. Funani looked down at the keys in his hand.

"Alright everyone mass escape time!" Funani called out as he started to unlock all the cages. Y'all are going to be free today, the guards will probably be too busy with us anyways. Most of you should run like hell but if anyone would like to free the others then take the keys." Funani made sure to dangle the keys a bit and threw them to one of the emancipated slaves who raised his hand.

Suddenly the sound of a chorus of footsteps started to erupt from the hallways. Kark. This wasn't good. Funani looked down at his baton and turned it on a satisfying whirl of the device building an electric charge met his ears. "Ra'ti. Ok then Oddi, Eithni lets go show these hkeek nkullas why you don't mess with us. We'll fight our way to our weapons and get the hell out of here. Time show why no one messes with this Jawa!"

@Raven_41 @Zanna Black

Zanna Black and Raven_41 like this.