Ask Who killed the old friend?

Discussion in 'Expansion Region and Mid Rim' started by Kassanda O'Ryana, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Kassanda O'Ryana

Kassanda O'Ryana Character

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Planet: Bothawui

The auburn haired human stroll the streets of the capital. She was making her way to the house of an old friend. Her friendly companion walked in proximity to the human. The tight leather outfit hugged her body. A belt hung around her curvy hips. The sheathed dagger attached to it. The turquoise eye scanned the streets. Noticing a commotion near the house of her friend, she ran to the location but was blocked by authorities in the area. “Noo. Yuan’ti.” Tears ran down the face of the human. Yuan’ti had helped her when she first escaped the clutches of her Sith Master. Kassanda was but a street rat and Yuan’ti showed her kindness that she hadn’t felt in years.

Pushing past people, she attempted to move to the front of the crowd but was stopped by the authorities. She ask the nearby officer what happen.

2. Melo’anii

Melo’anii Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Insoulent
    ”Tandem hold, you both should really find another game, bahaha!” the boisterous voice erupted into laughter under a dimly lit room, a huge Herglic arm slamming the card table showing everyone his cards. An elderly bothan simply clutched her cards and tried to hide her frustration as the bulky whale alien pulled all the credit chips on the table toward himself, as the other alien better simply laughed out loud. ”You’re the one who keeps inviting us to your games...” the elderly Bothan said with a flustered face. ”Any word on the shipment?” the Bothan let out, the rest of the room grew silent.

The Herglic shifted his relaxed pose in his giant chair, moving his hands to rest on the table and nodded quickly. ”The Alliance will expect much from us now that we’ve agreed to terms. We have to make good on our end, but prepare for the battles to come, don’t get lazy with the money.” the Bothan elder advised as she stood up, the rest of the group nodding in agreement, while the armored Sephi tossed herself off from the corner of the small room’s walls.

”Pirates aren’t always the most discrete with moving weapons, you have to know this.” the Sephi said as the two left the room. The Bothan let out a soft laugh and nodded. ”They’re family, like you. They work well, and they know things. Trust and information aren’t currency, but they’re close enough.” the Bothan continued to spew as the two left the long empty corridor into a busy cantina full of music and drunken shenanigans. ”Three weeks, they’ll be expecting you Melo. From then, you’ll be released from duty in Eriadu and move on to Coruscant. Our contacts there will help you establish footing, just know while we trust you, the risk of success is extremely low. But the Jedi always find a way, good luck.” the elderly Bothan said, turning her head and giving the Sephi a soft smile.

Terre had been like a second mother to the Sephi, an elderly spy with tremendous experience and could probably get in contact with just about any being in the Galaxy if she so much as wanted to. But Bothans weren’t so direct, instead - they kept tabs. The Cantina, known as the Runner’s High, was a popular spot for those in the Bothan Spy network to come and relax, share stories and trade information over a few drinks. Lately however it’s almost become a war room strategic center with alcoholic beverages thanks to the higher ups decided to help the Gallactic Alliance fight against the Sith’s expanding empire. Still, Melo’anii felt lost in it all, not really knowing how the Hell she got thrusted into starting a rebel cell in the city planet of Coruscant all of a sudden.

As the Sephi followed the Bothan elder she was guarding, stepping out of the corridor and into the cantina - it seemed the bothan elder simply vanished from sight, or simply blended into the crowd and made her way out - though surely it was something way above her pay grade to even try and follow Terre.

”Ne’oh, Melo!” an armored Trandoshan near the entrance of the cantina shouted, waving her over to the outside of the cantina. Tassweh was a security officer in the area and a rather talented, “pulp pusher”, or what the Bothans would probably best describe as a “bad cop”. You know, the kind that would kick your insides out of you just to find out the time of day. The Sephi lightly ran to him as the Trandoshan waited just outside the busy bar. ”Found a body, Terre ssssaysss you might be looking for sssomething to passsss the time, sssso come on. You like poking dead ssstuff, don’t ya?”

The Sephi simply shook her head at the bluntness of the Trandoshan, then nodded. She did love poking dead stuff. The two cut across the alley, turning down a block as they went to the crime scene. She walked through the barricade, and knelt down to the body to observe it.

”Fresssh corpsssse. Gotsssta be no lesssss than two days. No vissssable woundsss. No ssssigns of sssstrugle. Word isss ssshe wasss upsssstanding, no affiliationsss. Weird, huh.” the Trandoshan went on as the Sephi kept looking at the scene. Suddenly she heard one of the Bothan security forces denying a woman entrance to the scene. The Sephi walked up and looked at the newcomer, answering her questions. ”We don’t exactly know just yet ma’am, but on Bothuwai, nothing is ever secret for long. Now if you don’t have anything else to help with the investigation, we should ask you to wait until we remove the body from here.” the woman said assertively, awaiting her response.

Judis likes this.
  3. Kassanda O'Ryana

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The turquoise eyes filled more with tears as she was watching the body on the floor. She was still demanding some information about the death. Over hearing some of the officers say that it looked like a suicide. After a few moments, some new officers arrived. Kass continue to ask for an update when an officer responded and provided an update. She wiped tears from her face and eyes. “Thank you.” A light sniff escaped her. “Some of the officers here said that she committed suicide. I can tell you for a fact that she would never do that. She valued life way too much.” Looking down, her red hair fell to into face. It stuck to the fresh tears that formed. “Her name was Yuan’ti Sando.”

The grey wolf pushed through crowd with ease as it came near the people moved for the beast. The direwolf’s back stood a near meter with the head poking well above that. The dark eyes scanned for Kassanda. As the target was acquired, Ryx push into the young human woman, rubbing her nose into her hips as a sign of affection. The beast didn’t quite notice Yuan’ti laying dead on ground. As glimpse pasted the vision of Ryx, he let out a deafening howl which brought a quiet across the gathered grouping of aliens.

“Please let me help. I beg of you. I’m sure she was murdered. Please let me bring her killer to justices.” She pulled the stuck hair from her face and put it behind her ear with minor success.

@Insoulent

4. Melo’anii

Melo’anii Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Insoulent
    The Sephi’s eyes darted on the woman in front of her as she took a mental note of her appearance and her belongings. The Trandoshan went off to speak with the other officers as the Sephi and the human woman talked. She was beautiful, but almost seductive in a way. Not frail, but tough and maybe misunderstood. Melo’anii might of been ignorant to many things in this highly advanced society but she understood people deeply. It was something of what made her so popular with the Bothan spy networks. Her judge of character was flawless.

Could this woman be the assassin herself trying to cover her tracks? It certainly was a possibility, but to go to such extremes in a planet like Bothawai would prove to be very difficult to hide a murder. There had to be a reason, a purpose, for this person to have died. Whatever it was, it had to be good. Still the woman was offering to help, and genuinely seemed to know the person. And this woman? She didn’t seem ignorant to the vastness of the Galaxy either. While slightly skeptic she would be able to help, though as the animal companion tread through the crowd and let out its cry Melo could feel the woman might have truly had a history with the murder victim.

”Very well, come.” the Sephi said, turning around as the two other officers standing guard allowed the woman and her companion to follow through into the closed off scene. ”Oi, we got an identification her name-“ the Trandoshan shouted as the Sephi and human woman passed through the scene.

”Yuan’ti Sando. Miss, err...” the Sephi paused to allow the woman to say her name, ”Miss Kassandra, seems to know the victim. Anything else?” the Sephi questioned as the Trandoshan eyed the human woman. ”Look, Melo I know I ssssaid you could help, but bringing in complete ssstrangersss into a murder ssscene might not be the bessst way to get ressssults.” the Trandoshan let out. And while true, Melo simply shook off the observation. ”She has information. More than you did a minute ago. She might have more, she might just not know it yet.” the Sephi said scratching the back of her head.

”What did she do for a living, anything of note for a reason to be killed so...efficiently? Toxicology is going to take a few more hours, isn’t it? But I wouldn’t be surprised for it to have been poison.” the Sephi thought out loud. ”You don’t think maybe...hm. Ssshe might of sssstuck her nossse where it didn’t belong...” the Trandoshan pondered after. A political killing, gangs, Hell even the Bothan Spy network wasn’t above assassination on Bothuwai, but for the boots on the ground to have no knowledge of it? Something was off, surely. Hopefully Kassandra might be able to share some insight.

@Judis

Judis likes this.
  5. Kassanda O'Ryana

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “Kassanda not Kassandra.” She smirked at the Sephi. “It’s a common mistake. You can call me Kass or Kassy if you want.” Still nursing puffy eyes from the crying. She heard of forensic from various holonet shows but this would have been her first official crime scene. She thought for the second that it was weird being on the other side of it. Solving a murder instead of dropping a body. She shook it off. The Transdoshan was speaking but the young human was ignoring him. Moving towards the body, she got a grip of her emotions and it was all business. She was mindful not to touch anything when she noticed that she was missing her ring. The ring of her deceased husband. She never removed that ring. “Chief, she is missing an important ring.” She closed her eyes and said a prayer in the tongue of her people. “Go in peace, old friend.” She said in a low tone.

Ryx sniffed around and was exploring something off to the side. A slight growl and howl escaped his mouth. The woman rose and headed to the beast. An empty vial of something. “Boss, could this be important?” She rubbed the back of Ryx’s head.

@Insoulent

Insoulent likes this.
  6. Melo’anii

Melo’anii Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Insoulent
    ”A missing ring, and an empty vial.” the Sephi muttered under breathe as she brought her attention to the two officers on watch. ”Tassweh, make sure this doesn’t get lost. Go stick your snout where it doesn’t belong and see if you can find out more about what Miss Sando did here.” the Sephi instructed her Trandoshan companion who simply grabbed the vial the human woman was so cautious not to reach for.

To so carelessly have left the evidence behind was either the sign of a complete amateur, or a misdirection technique to throw the investigation off. Kassanda didn’t seem like the innocent type, but her wanting to search for the killer seemed sincere. Either way, if this dead woman was to find justice, it wouldn’t be just standing around suspecting or pointing fingers.

”Kassanda, in a place like Bothuwai, knowledge has worth. We get an answer, one must ask. What was miss Sando doing here, exactly? Did she know or mix herself up with anything? Crime, politics, anything that would bring her this death? Do you know where she lives, maybe we can search more there? she questioned as she headed towards the bounds of the investigation area. ”Update me when the body is moved.” she instructed the two police on guard.

@Judis

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    Judis likes this.
  7. Kassanda O'Ryana

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kass was careful not to disrupt the crime scene. She reached to the force and extended her thoughts to the furry companion. Expressing her concerns, the beast responded momentarily and followed suit with keeping his distance as he sniffed and explored the area. Kassanda released the force and rubbed behind his ears. This was one of his favorite spots.

Broken from her searching and investigating, Kassanda half-listened to the questions being shotgunned from the investigator. She paused for a second. “Excuse me.” After a moment, the words flooded to her brain. “Yuan’ti was a dear friend to me. When I was younger, she saved me from the slums of a village on Berchest.” Pausing, her face frowned at the loss of her friend. “She is part of the reason I am where I am today. She took me from a starving youngster to a thriving entrepreneur. Her connection helped me set up my cargo ship business.” The redhaired woman held back tears as she looked at them preparing the body for movement. “I didn’t know her business too much. I did know she seem to have a contact for any occasion, but she was old, and I just assume that was the case when someone reached that age.” Returning gaze to the woman who posed the questions, she continued. “She wasn’t even expecting me as she had sent a message a while ago stating that if I was ever in the area to stop by and have some tea.” The mention of tea pulled Kass back into the memory of their last visit. The joy flowed through the banter of conversation. It ended with her giving the young human a large sum of credits and the ship that she still uses today. “While I don’t know why she is here, I can lead you to her house.” She wiped away a tear that escaped her eyes as she attempted to hold them back.

Ryx finished his investigation and instinctively sat next to Kass. The grey furry snout pointing towards the direction of Sando's house. The beast head pushed to about waist height of the auburn-haired woman. She reached down rested a handed on the beast head. His tongue flopped out the side of his mouth. “I’m not sure if any of that helps.” Ryx let out a low yawn-howl noise as he watched the scene.

@Insoulent