Ask  Plot  Jedha Welcome to the Jungle

Discussion in 'Expansion Region and Mid Rim' started by Rohana Feyre, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link

[​IMG]
    Theme
    Outskirts of the city​

Rohana was in a foul mood - this wasn't unusual though, given her rather sour disposition. But recent events had only furthered added to her natural ire. Not only that but she had been left with a broken arm and wounded pride. She was still nursing the injury, her left arm in a sling beneath her cloak. Bitterly disappointed with herself, the pale Jedi had failed to stop the illegal dealings within the caves of Jedha; relics had been lost and artifacts were stolen, all for the purpose of sale. They were the Jedi's legacy and she had let it all slip through her fingers. She would right this injustice and take back the Order's heritage by any means necessary.

But she wouldn't be alone in this. A padawan going by the name of @Teran Atrix had been recommended. Though new to the Order, the young man was said to have a specific set of skills, one more suited to the nature of this endeavor. Apparently, he had prior dealings with gangs and was familiar with the criminal dynamic; being a high born lady, Rohana wasn't quite sure what to make of this. Seems the Jedi were getting desperate, allowing such characters to join their ranks. If he proved incompetent, then Rohana would dismiss him and strike out on her own. She wouldn't be caught off guard again.

Nevertheless, she waited for Teran's arrival - she'd brief him quickly and embark. The sooner, the better. The hour was growing late, and Jedha's underbelly worsened with every passing minute.

2. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Teran hadn't been to Jedha yet, but if what he'd been told was true, this was another Jedi-held territory. Somehow despite there being "Jedi-held" territory, he didn't feel very safe here. He had seen what the Empire did to Hoth even before he'd joined the Alliance. There was no telling if or when the Empire might drop down with their cruisers and level the place.

But those were concerns that weren't for today. The odds of that were slim, and he sensed nothing of the sort in the Force. Not that his senses were that attuned, but he was getting better. He was starting to get the hang of this Jedi thing.

His partner was another Padawan, and as he approached, he realized she looked... a bit worse for wear. It appeared she'd taken some sort of a beating recently with her arm in a sling and some noticeable indications of pain.

Rohana? he asked as he approached. I'm Teran, I heard you're looking for a partner, he said. He wasn't even entirely sure what they were here for or what the job was, but another Jedi needed help, and that meant he was ready to jump on board. Hopefully his enthusiasm wouldn't prove detrimental. @Pam0wl

3. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link

The young man was punctual, a good start at least. Best move whilst they still had the light; not one was pleasantries, Rohana motioned for Teran to follow, not so much as offering an introduction. They were standing out on the edge of the city's outskirts; from their advantage point, they could see a good portion of the crumbling structures, as well as its dim lighting. Despite Jedha's sleepy atmosphere, the place was always a hive of activity. Combing through the streets would be like finding a proverbial needle.

Teran would supposedly aid her that process, "Your name was recommended. Master Breaux speaks well of you for some reason - I trust you'll live up expectations."

Abrupt as always, Rohana turned her attention to the mountainous landscape of the South. She assumed Teran knew little of the planet's history, given he was coming from off world. "In times of old, our Jedi ancestors used nearby caves to store precious artifacts; they carved sanctuaries out of the rocks and stone, making them valuable heritage sites to our Order. Some of us have been working to retrieve the lost knowledge of the past."

Rohana herself had been part of a patrol; they were cataloging the cave's intricate tunnel systems, seeing which sections were viable for exploration. That's when they ran into problems. "The scum of the galaxy wants to rob us of that birthright." Her arm throbbed painfully in memory. "A couple of days ago, thieves made an assault on one of the caves; whilst most of the relics were recovered, others were taken."

The pale lady had tried to best to prevent the loss; she had nearly lost her arm in the process. Those dirty, underhanded thieves had used explosives to collapse the cave; she and others had nearly been buried alive. The shame was too great to endeavor. Rather than wait for her injury to fully heal, Rohana set out. She'd bring the cretins to justice, and reclaim what was rightfully belonged to her Order.

"Our mission is to find those artifacts before they're sold on the black market."
    Finally, for the first time, Rohana's pale eyes met Teran's. "That's where you come in with your...what was it called again? Oh yes, 'street smarts'."

4. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    If she was going to be difficult, she was going to be on the receiving end of excessive sass. Good talk, he said, pursing his lips together and nodding his head as she didn't bother even speaking to him out of the gate. Things didn't really improve as they moved further along and she was... well, still rude. Oh, it was going to be a long mission if things kept playing out like this.

On the bright side, he had apparently been recommended by Master Breaux, so he must have been doing something right even if the other Padawan (ironic that a Padawan was this pompous) didn't like him. I complement my partners well. Master Breaux is quite competent, he said. It was a nice subtle way to point out that if she found him to be inadequate that it might have been a problem with her not him. Whether she picked up on the subtlety would remain to be seen, but they had other matters to attend to yet.

He listened as she explained about the planet, drinking in the information. He wasn't dumb, and most of it was quickly filed away for potential later use. You never knew when a little bit of Jedi history would come in handy.

Ah, yes, the criminal element. He'd been told that this was a part of the reason he'd been called in, and he'd brought along a nice chunk of credits for the job as well. It often greased the wheels of the criminal enterprise, and it seemed like a better option than stabbing lots of people. Jedi weren't supposed to resort to violence as a first line.

Something like that, he responded as she asked about street smarts. He could tell she didn't think highly of it or highly of him, but he was going to try to be amiable. Hopefully they'd be able to get through this... he was generally a pretty easy person to get along with.

You know how to play the part of a street urchin? he asked, finding it unlikely. Their best bet was to pose as some sort of interested buyer. Getting their foot in the door could be difficult as off-worlders would draw suspicion, but all they could do was give it a show.

He started walking along the street and heading toward what appeared to be the seedier part of town. The streets became rougher and paint smeared the walls. People - humans and aliens alike - began to line the streets in packs, looking like they were about to make trouble.

Hey there sweetie, got somethin' for me? one of them, a large slightly chubby man, yelled at Rohana as she passed by. It was the first of the heckling, but probably not the last. Teran could only hope she knew how to keep a low profile, and he was ready to intercept her if she didn't.

5. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Rather than waste her breath on idle banter, Rohana all but rolled her eyes, unwilling to spare Teran even a fraction of a glance. Though the young buck was only three years her junior, Rohana could already perceive a stark contrast between herself and this hoodlum; how bothersome, another tedious acquaintance. Why was it that every padawan she encountered had to be difficult, not to mention utterly uncouth?

Was a little dignity too much to ask for?

Apparently so, given Teran's witty quib.

Breaux. Though never admitting it aloud, Rohana was...frustrated with Master Breaux. Despite all the noble's efforts, she still wasn't receiving (what she felt was) rightful acknowledgment. Under her own initiative, Rohana recruited for the Order, she endeavored to secure its legacy, especially with the threat of the Sith Empire constantly looming. Unlike other disciplines, the pale lady sought to explore the force under her own direction, feeling such independence be worthy of praise. Let the other padawans flock and pine to the masters. Ultimately, Rohana would win out and claim her position well above the rest.

This recovery mission was just another step, another obstacle to overcome. When -not if but when- they succeed, it would serve as the perfect proverbial feather to add in her cap.

And it was because of this, Rohana chose to endure Teran presence, however homely. "I'm sure I'll manage." with a pinch in her features, Rohana would endure such guises. It would be a struggle, no doubt about that. She was a dutiful daughter of House Feyre; whilst others walked with the eyes to the ground, Rohana marched on with steadfast pride.

Despite the pedigree of her birth, spite allowed her some slight indulgence - it was utterly justified. "But if it'll make you feel useful, then please, feel free to demonstrate... given as it is your area of expertise."

With that, Rohana kept walking without a moment of hesitation. She didn't so much as bat an eye at the candid remarks thrown her way; why should she even respond to such vulgarity? It was no different from what she was used to, the empty blusters of her own husband.

6. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Teran walked on with confidence all his own. He could tell that his partner was going to be difficult, rude, and obnoxious, and it made him wonder: how did she get to be a Jedi? Maybe his beliefs about what the Jedi were supposed to be like was mistaken. As he progressed onward he had to give credit to her for not responding to the heckling.

Then she had to make another comment about him being useful. He wondered if he should confront her about it now or later. He was about to wait and ignore it, but then he realized something: this wasn't going to change or go away, so maybe it was better to confront it now or later.

He didn't break his stride as he pushed onward deeper into the shady territory, now with more people shooting up down the alleys, and others gathered around the hollowed out innards of an astromech droid that had been turned into a makeshift stove.

Do you have a problem with me? Because if you do, spit it out. We have work to do, he said. He wasn't particularly intimidated by her, but he reprimanded himself for not handling things in a more Jedi-like manner. Direct confrontation and his own ego wasn't something he should have been worried about. If she wanted to be her own arrogant self, he shouldn't be spending his energy on that. Jedi should have been better than that.

Even so, if there was an actual complaint against him, it was better to get it resolved now than later. Perhaps even his own annoyance could actually pay off if they got this resolved. If not, then... well, that would be another bridge.

7. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Rohana's expression never shifted once. Her face was that of a perfect, porcelain mask; nothing betrayed the utter repulsion she felt at that very moment. She'd never get used to this, the unsightly visage of poverty - she had never known such a life, how could even begin to empathise with it? As a highborn lady, Rohana had never known hunger, true hunger that is. The persisted ache and festering need. Growing up as heiress to the family, she knew none of this. Instead, Rohana wanted for naught. Even now, as a supposed pious Jedi, there was still a distinct lack of understanding on her part.

Especially when it came to social interactions. Stopping short in the street, Rohana indulged Teran's bait. Seems yet again she had stepped on her company's toes. Imagine that. "A problem with you, personally? No. Not yet anyway, but there's still time." Whilst the pair of them were equal in terms of rank, it was clear Rohana still clung to the remnants of her former status. Eyes turned cold as she finally regards Teran with a more direct line of sight. "I'd check my tone if I were you...We wouldn't want to make a scene."

The pair were garnering enough attention as it is. They needed to keep moving, lease suspicion run afoul. But getting a good look at Teran shifted the tone of the conversation. Rohana's expression became oddly thoughtful, as if she were looking at a puzzle rather than an actual person. She even spoke in that very manner, her spoken thoughts not really seeking a response. "I just can't understand it. What is it that is so great that she sees in you? Does she not see it in me?"

Movement broke the moment of focus.

The pale lady's attention shifted elsewhere, the scummy world around them once more. "If I'm not mistaken, we're being watched." It should come as no surprise, they were but strangers in this alien world. Naturally, the natives were cautious. They'd bottle up soon enough and refuse to speak - it would make the task of sourcing information all the harder.

How vexing. They didn't have time to waste - if the buck wanted pleasantries, then fine, Rohana would graciously humour him.

"Time is of the essence. We should keep moving and starting questioning locals - unless you suggest something else, of course?"

8. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Her comment about making a scene actually inspired a thought in his mind. A scene might actually be exactly what they needed: it would draw attention, but rule out the idea that they were anything of threat. After all, who was it that had open fights in the streets? People focused on petty problems and not people focused on stopping criminal enterprises. Perhaps sparking conflict was what would push suspicions away from the pair.

The comment she made about why she didn't like him was... weird. Jealousy? Envy? Those weren't Jedi emotions, but Teran knew better than anyone that Jedi were just people, and reigning in emotions was far more difficult than just saying it. He wasn't sure that he was anyone to be envious of, and he found himself thinking that he was bumbling along more often than not. There was probably a lot the two could - or should - talk about, but she was right, this wasn't the place for them to do it.

Look, I don't know you well enough to tell you what anyone thinks about you, but maybe I can help you sort some stuff out afterwards, he said quietly. It was the best answer he could give now because although first impressions hadn't been great so far, there was more to a person than first impressions. He couldn't be so presumptuous just now.

Actually, that might be just what we need, he said, quietly enough that only she would be able to hear. Just go with it, he said, before speaking up more loudly.

They're my credits, and I'll spend them how I want, woman! he shouted. Now either help me or get out of my way! he said before stomping off.

By now, there were people pretending not to be looking at the fighting couple - because it seemed they were now going to be pretending to be a couple, albeit a dysfunctional one - as the younger of the two Jedi stormed over to an open-air stall. His own clothes weren't tattered like many, and although they weren't fancy, it showed that he had some form of money. There was no hiding that he wasn't from here, but he could play that angle.

He marched up to the man at the stall and fixed him with a glare, doing his best to exude as much confidence as he could. I'm looking for a good time around here, who can I talk to about getting my hands on some spice? he asked. While they weren't here for spice, he'd wager that whoever was moving spice was also the one moving stolen artifacts.

Both of you? the man asked, looking over Teran's shoulder and half-addressing the question at Rohana as well, not just Teran.

9. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Naturally, Rohana would rebuff Teran's initial offer; already she had said too much, and because of this, the pale lady found herself mentally berating the all but brief lapse in judgment. This padawan was a stranger, there was no need for any sort of familiarity; they just needed to conclude the mission and part ways. It was better that way, more manageable - right then, Teran seemed anything but. He started shouting utter nonsense, completely catching Rohana off guard. Such public outbursts went against proper etiquette, so colour Rohana speechless.

Now everyone was staring at them, their vested interests varying with every passing moment. Anyone else would have balked under such scrutiny. But not Rohana. True, she had been caught off guard, but now she recovered some composure. Her indignation prompted her intemperate follow-up, "Woman...Woman?!" Quickly she stormed to catch up to Teran, having half a mind to berate him like the child that he was. "You did not just call me that! How dare you, you pompous-"

She stopped short yet again, nearly floored by Teran's blatant inquiry. Spice? What was this buck thinking? Jedi did not engage in such illegal contraband! Was this the criminal nature finally coming through? Now Rohana was more than reeling to give Teran a piece of her mind; if he was going to engage in this sort of illegal activity, then she would dismiss him right here and then.

Yet the vendor's small question gave her pause. Once more, Rohana looked at Teran - he was scheming something! She could see it in his eyes. So, it was all a ruse then? Very well, this she could endure.

Barely.

"Yes...Him and I. The both of us." Could she be any more mortified?

10. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oh, you've got to be kidding me, he thought to himself, barely keeping himself from losing control of his emotions and tearing into her for ruining the ruse. She had been sooooooooo confident she could play a street urchin, and now here she was hooting and hollering about being called "woman" and he could practically feel the judgment about him asking about spice.

Then it seemed to click for her, and he almost breathed a sigh of relief. He was pretty sure she wasn't going to be using this mistake as a point to reconsider her position on him, but it was progress.

I ain't seen you around before. Old Torbie doesn't like new faces, the man said, looking very dubious about pointing them in the direction of "old Torbie." His eyes darted shiftily back and forth down the street, and Teran knew he was going to have to give him a little nudge.

Look, would "Old Torbie" want to be losing out on off world cash. I'm stuck here because her family has some business they want to check out or some kark. Anyway, I'm here because I actually want to have a decent time, he said, poking his finger into the stand repeatedly for emphasis.

Alright, alright. Down the street, take a left at the Rosie Swing, he said, pointing down the street.

Teran gave a nod and headed in that direction, glancing back to see if Rohana was coming. Sorry bout that. Figured that was an easy opening. I'd guess Old Torbie either moves our merchandise, or knows who does, he said, following the directions provided until he reached their destination.

Oh... he said, as he realized that the "Rosie Swing" was a strip club, which he was... entirely uncomfortable with.

11. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    On this odd occasion, Rohana relinquished lead on this particular assignment. Indeed, it seemed Teran was in his element, stringing this unpleasant 'Old Torbie' along with nothing more than a couple of falsehoods and bluffs. It was actually quite a spectacle to witness; the buck should have gone into acting, given the impromptu performance. It did the trick; the vendor was pointing somewhere, they were on the move.

She waved off Taren's attempts at excuses, "You thought on your feet the best you could; it served its purpose." That was the closest he'd get to a compliment; it was certainly more than what others got. Right now, Rohana focused on following Teran. His assumption made sense; if criminals were involved in one crime, more than likely they could be tied to others. They had found the trail, all they had to do now was follow it whenever it would lead.

Even to a less than questionable 'gentlemen's club.'

For a moment, the lady Jedi simply stared at the place, her expression void of all emotion. Pink neon lights adorned the front of the fleshy business, though most were barely in working order. The various aliens of the evening had posters lining up on display, each promising something others couldn't; the windows were streaking with dirt, their cracked condition making to difficult to actually see what performances would be lined up for the night's entertainment.

Honestly, was nothing sacred? Jedha was meant to be a planet of pilgrims. Yet even here, where saints walked and scholars prayed, the temptation was always present.

"Really now, this is just tasteless." Hardly impressed, Rohana went on, shaking her head in blatant disappointment, "They should take a lesson from the clubs on Zeltros. The decor is much more accommodating."

With that, Rohana moved to enter the establishment, her cast drifting back at Teran when he seemed to hesitate, "Something troubling you, darling?"

Did they need to maintain the charade anymore?

12. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Was that a compliment? Her "compliments" literally sounded like they had been forced out after much strain and agony, but for the moment he would take it. Biting the inside of his lip, he restrained himself from making a snarky comment.

Teran just stared for a moment at the neon signs and wished that he wasn't going to have to do this. He was entirely not cool with going in here, but the job demanded it, didn't it? No point in delaying the inevitable. He was about to punch onward when he heard Rohana muttering about Zeltros. He stopped and looked at her with a frown. You frequent... and then he stopped, holding up his hands and waving off any response. Never mind, he said, deciding he didn't really want to know.

The sooner we find our man, the sooner we can get out of there, he said, as if he were still trying to convince himself that he could do this. It was pretty obvious that he was uncomfortable with this and wasn't excited about being here.

No... he responded unconvincingly. After you, he said, opening the door to the immediate sound of deep, pounding bass music and flashing lights. The smell of smoke filled the air, and he took a deep breath (like that was going to keep the smell at bay) before plunging inside. If there was a time to use the Force to get what he needed, he felt like the time was now.

Pushing his way to the bar and trying not to cast any looks to the stage he waved down the bartender. What can I get for you? the man asked, sending a glance over toward Rohana. We're looking for Old Torbie, he said, waving his hand slightly under the counter. He hadn't tried much by way of mental manipulation techniques, but now was as good a time as any. You want to take us to him, he said, reaching out to the man's mind and touching it with the Force, pressing a sense of importance on him.

The man blinked several times and then nodded. I wanna take you to him. He's been waiting for some buyers from off world for his new... items. Go right back, he's expecting you, he said, pointing to a rear door. Things had gone even better than expected.

He glanced back to Rohana. Whoever the buyers were supposed to be, it wasn't the pair of Jedi, but they could play the part well enough.

13. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Choosing not to elaborate on her earlier comment, Rohana instead focused on Teran's rather apparent discomfort. Don't tell me the buck's bashful? How unexpected, especially given the boy's earlier bravado. If not the nature of their visit, Rohana would have actually found the thought amusing. If she were in a better mood, she may have even teased him about it. Clearly, Eisa was having a bad influence on her. Pushing those thoughts aside, Feyre entered the nexu's den.

Music blared from every angle making it nearly impossible to hold a normal conversation, not that many patrons were interested in talking. The flashing lights would have blinded Rohana had the smoke not gotten to her first; blasted stuff made her eyes sting. Though she should be thankful, it spared her from seeing the numerous displays of debauchery on parade around them. Luckily, with such fleshy entertainment, very few actually paid the newcomers much attention and even less spied their progress to the bar.

It was admittedly quite impressive seeing Teran's mind trick work so well; Rohana never would have expected such success - either the young buck was mentally skilled or the bartender had the conviction of wamprat. If Feyre was a betting lady, she'd opt for the latter.

It seemed they were directed into the club's V.I.P section; there were fewer people grinding about, particularly as the back rooms were more secluded, the music muffled by padded walls.
    At least now Rohana could hear herself think, not the mention express her concerns. "Is this wise? Whoever this 'Old Torbie' is, he might not take kindly to our sudden interest." She just hoped Teran had a plan, and that he would share it with her before they reach the main suite. Be nice to enter a possible situation and be somewhat prepared.

But nothing could have prepared them for the party that awaited them; it appears the peddler was none other than a Hutt, and in typical fashion, he wasn't alone. With a quick scan of the room, Rohana counted nine inhabitants. She didn't like the odds and to make matters even more uncomfortable, she found Hutts utterly repugnant. Giant, greedy slugs, she should have known just from the stench in the hallways.

Again, Rohana looked at Teran with a degree of expectation. He got them there in the first place...

[​IMG]

14. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Teran was glad that the sounds had begun to fade, as had the smell of overwhelming smoke. He realized this meant that he was more likely to be asked to actually talk, but there wasn't much he could do about that. When she asked if this was wise, he shook his head.

Probably not, but I don't hear a better alternative, so here we are, he said. To be a Jedi sometimes meant taking risks. Granted, he wasn't supposed to take reckless risks, but this wasn't exactly reckless. Just dangerous. The fact was that he was making this up as he went along, and he would continue to do so until they'd either accomplished their mission, or the pair had to fight.

Teran punched the door controls and it slid open to reveal a Hutt and... oh they might be in trouble. There were a lot of people in here, and only one of them was a dancer in a skimpy costume entertaining the Gamorreans, Twi'lek, Hutt, and.... oh what were those tentacle-face ones called? Teran couldn't remember.

Hutt... so mind tricks won't work, he thought to himself, concern beginning to take hold. Hopefully his lying was in order.

Are you the one they call "Old Torbie"? he asked, deciding that playing the direct route was the best bet.

He is, said the Twi'lek standing to the Hutt's right. We don't know your face. What is your business here? he continued.

Show time... We are interested in Jedi artifacts. Her parents are here to look for ancient items for their collection. They are long-time collectors, he said, trying to sound as convincing as he could.

We steal from the Jedi and then two rich, unknown people who have no associates with us appear mysteriously? I think not. Kill them, the Twi'lek said. Well, that had been quick. Apparently Teran was a terrible liar.

And so it was time to make for the door. Teran had always been quick... very quick, and that came in handy now. Teran ducked backwards in a hurry and out of the room. As he did, his pistol was up in a flash, and his escape went surprisingly well. Not only was he able to make it out of the room, his blaster bolt flung through the air and slammed into the chest of the nearest Gamorrean, stopping him before he could stop the duo.

15. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Teran was a terrible liar; it was painful watching him blunder through his deception. Unsurprisingly, the ruse was quickly discovered. To make matters worse, the two padawans were now in the firing line - quite literally, as nearly all of the thugs now had blasters trained on them. Time to make an exit, the room was too crowded for her like anyway.

With Teran providing an offensive cover, Rohana moved to enforce their defense. One of her arms may have been in a sling but that didn't stop her from using the force to aid in their escape; with a mighty shove, tables toppled onto their sides and were sent skidding into the ranks of the attacks. It wasn't much but it gave the padawans precious seconds to dart out into the hallway. It seemed longer now, narrower than she remembered it but perhaps that was due to the adrenaline in her system. Valleyed in such an enclosed space would make them a pair of easy targets - the padawans would need to fix that if they wanted to get out of that place alive.

Braving the blaster fire, Rohana held her ground and called on the force once more. Lights flickered and the structure began to tremble, jagged cracks appearing all along the surface of the walls. She waited, timing it just right so that the ceiling would collapse and cave in. The impromptu trap took down three of the pursuers. Whilst others would would follow soon after, it would take time to gain some ground.

By then, the padawans were gone, running once more through the Jedha's desolate streets. "Well, that could have gone better..."

16. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    What could have gone worse than this? They could have been dead, he supposed. That would have been worse, but for all he knew they might be dead within moments. The ceiling caved in behind them, and Teran was out into the street moments later. The building cracked and pieces crumbled, prompting the people inside to pour out into the street as well, camouflaging their escape.

Teran ducked down an alley, shoving his pistol away and grabbing Rohana as she ran by to keep her from continuing to charge down the street.

Yeah, he agreed, though it was more absentminded than anything. The blood was still pumping and his heart was pounding, but his mind was fighting the biological reaction to formulate a plan. The mission was the key, and clearly lying hadn't gotten them through.

We need to find a way to the rear of the building, he said, already starting to get a plan together. With the building cracking, Old Torbie will either dig in or retreat. If he retreats he may lead us to what we're looking for. If he doesn't, then he probably has a safe room inside... which also means what we're looking for might be there, he said, beginning to nod at his own plan. He was sure she'd have an obnoxious comment to make, but he was already reaching the point of pretty much ignoring her and her snip.

Are you ready? he asked, looking back to make sure she hadn't been shot or something in the escape.

17. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Maybe next time, I should do the talking - Seeing as you fail so miserably at it." Steading the beat of her heart, Rohana worked to center herself. She breathed in, holding the breath before gently expelling out; they got lucky, escaping the way they did. But now the element of surprise was lost and the enemy on the move. Time was of the essence.

Peering around the corner of the alley, Rohana observed the building once more, noting several familiar faces. The Hutt's remaining men seem to have set up a perimeter but it wasn't heavily fortified; that meant Old Torbie didn't intend to stick around. "The slug will run; they always do."

Sidestepping Teran, the pale lady advanced towards the enemy, saber now in hand. She didn't so much as hesitate, or warn Teran in advance. "We tried it your way, Atrix. Now, it's my turn. I'll draw their attention out here and create a distraction. You get inside and question the Hutt... I hear a sprinkling of salt works wonders."

Rohana, without so much as a second glance, charged ahead, the pale blade of her saber igniting as she made the advance. At the sight of the weapon, many onlookers dashed out of the area, the movements and shouting kicking up a dust storm. If Teran was smart, he would use it to his advantage, especially as Rohana was doing everything to keep the remaining thugs occupied.

If her broken arm pained her, it certainly didn't show; slashing at nearby crates and stalls, Rohana used the force to propel the debris forward as disabling speed. The ploy was effective enough as many of the crooks ducked and dived for shelter, lest they end up bludgeoned into submission. When it came to battle, Rohana didn't hold back any punches. In her mind, the safest option was to hit hard and keep the enemy pinned out; the longer a fight was drawn out, the more chances there were of someone getting hurt.

Teran had better make himself useful How hard could it be, dealing with an overgrown slug?

18. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Ah, there was the worthless comment. Well, Teran already had a crushing response for that. Yes, because you were so helpful staring at me and expecting to get us through that. Feel free to contribute next time, he bit back, knowing he shouldn't have and thinking better of it as soon as he did. Jedi were supposed to be better than this.

He sighed and shook his head, looking around the corner and agreeing that the Hutt was more likely to run. Without warning, she rounded the corner and had her saber out, drawing a whole lot of attention to herself.

She better not get herself killed, he thought, shaking his head and letting out an exasperated sigh as he pulled his own saber out but left it off for the moment, sneaking past the cloud of dust and debris that had been kicked up by his partner in the fight. It didn't seem to cover him well enough, though, because a blaster bolt snapped down past him and struck the dirt just ahead. Teran could see the comlink in the man's hand as he radioed to the guards inside, sending security doors down into place.

New plan, he thought to himself. He spun his saber around in a circle and caught the next bolt flying toward him, sending it on a perfect path back and into the face of the guard who had attacked him. Lookout down, he thought to himself as he plunged his saber blade into the security door. With a full lockdown at least the Hutt wouldn't be going anywhere. They'd just have to fight their way there instead of sneak in.

Pam0wl likes this.
  19. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Even with blaster bolts flying, Rohana could hear Teran's snarky retort. Naturally, she was ready with her scathing rebuke. "Oh, forgive me - I was foolish...to think I actually had faith in your abilities. Certainly won't be doing that again!"

Insolent buck; if only his skills were half as good as his sass, then maybe they wouldn't be in their current situation. Civilians had now cleared out of the area completely, leaving only the padawans and their armed adversaries. Whilst she had originally created an opening for Teran, Rohana not second-guessed her choice of action. Under concentrated blaster fire, Rohana was forced into cover, ducking and diving to avoid being hit. How vexing; usually in this sort of situation, she would user her saber defensively whilst working in tandem with the Force; weapon in one hand and power in the other. But all this rough movement was doing was causing her further pain. She had been warned, her arm was nowhere near healed and in her pride, she had refused bacta treatment.

Now the lady Jedi was paying for her pride.

Where is Teran? He should have breached the building by now...

He hadn't.

The blasted buck had somehow allowed the complex to go into lockdown. Now he was losing time trying to force is way in. "Can't you do anything right?" Such incompetence! Why, in the of Endor, was this fool recommended for his mission? Did she have to do everything herself? "You had one job, Atrix. One- agh!"

A blaster bolt shot passed her, scorching the upper portion of her already injured arm. Unlike the actual breaking of her arm, this pain erupted with a scalding torrent of heat. Flinging herself back, Rohana edged back quickly into cover, silently cursing every foul word she could think of. It was a flesh wound, it would heal - the thugs, however, would not get the same luxury.

20. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Teran was baffled not that she was yelling at him, but that she seemed to be so judgmental for someone who had really not performed any better than he had. He could take a guess that her arrogance was overconfidence were the reasons she hadn't advanced in the Order. As his saber carved through the door and she went back to unproductively yelling at him, he made a decision: he was going to ignore her.

He finished the circle carved in the door and kicked it in, looking quickly to ensure the way was clear. Most of the guards had come outside, so the path appeared clear for the moment, and Teran swung quickly inside, making his way down the hallway at nearly full speed. He had no intention of using stealth anymore as that was completely shot.

He followed the same route they had taken earlier, but this time there were no dancers, employees, or patrons in the way. It was a straight shot through the bar to the hallway they had had their first conflict with. The body of the dead Gamorrean was on the ground where he'd shot him, and the roof of the building was blocking part of the hallway, but he managed to pick his way through. The two of them had made quite a mess so far, and they hadn't even found their objective yet.

As Teran rounded the corner into the audience chamber they'd been in before, Teran caught sight of what he was looking for: panic room. He wasted no time in carving a hole only for gunfire to erupt from his new hole. Torbie, his majordomo, and a trio of guards. Two Jedi should be able to deal with that, right? Well, if his "companion" had bothered to come along at least.