Ask  Coruscant Uncoiled

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Janiph Balguir, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The slums of Coruscant, oh how Janiph had missed them! This had been where the young sith had spent most of his early adulthood. The sounds of blaster shots in the distance, the smell of oil, blood and smoke ever present, it was just as he remembered in his dreams. It had been five years since he had set foot here yet it felt like it was just yesterday. This was his kingdom, the place where he could rob degenerates blind and bring them to complete RUIN! Of course, Janiph was on to bigger and better things now, his knowledge of the dark side ever expanding, soon the very stars would be his play things...if al went well. The state of the galaxy was chaotic as ever, death and destruction around every corner! A part of this revelation thrilled the young sith, though he also felt humbled. When compared to the war his old days talking others out of their fortunes all felt rather frivolous. What joy it gave him to be free of his chains of mediocrity, as if they ever had any write to bind him in the first place! Within him was a will to govern, to hold dominion over the stars, all he'd need was patience, discipline and a worthy master to help him unlock his talents.

Here in the bowels of Coruscant the walls were covered in rust, what little paint remained was peeling away to give an arguably even worse appearance than had it not been there to begin with. As he made his way through, losing himself to his nostalgia, Janiph hardly notice his dark boots splashing in an unidentified clear liquid, leaving ripples in his wake. No doubt the gangs would be out and about at this time. Would the degenerates approach him? A scuffle would do him good, but he had no desire to stain his clothes, especially when he had so few items to change into these days, being stripped of his wealth after becoming an acolyte. Oh it was so wonderful to have the chance to think on his feet again, his training becoming ever more predictable.

It was while Janiph enjoyed the disgusting local that a familiar face came into view, one whom he had not seen in a great number of years, before Vex, before the sith. She looked older of course, but she was as youthful as ever, the young woman who's face always seemed to change how it was presented to him. The serpent of a man's lips parted as words escaped his maul, his word sweet as honey in tone, though his eyes were chilling as the winds of Hoth.

" My dearest Aurelie, it has been far too long! The years have been most kind to you it seems, you are as radiant as a newborn star! How long has it been since fate decided to rob me of your most pleasurable company? A month? A year..? " Pale hands spread as Janiph's eyes searched every inch of the young woman, sizing her up and reading her body language. "...oh it may as well have been a lifetime when it involves a lovely young woman such as yourself. Well met. "

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. Aurelie Fleury

Aurelie Fleury Character

Independent
    Level 2

OCC Account:
    Pyrenees
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oh Coruscant, despite the splendor of the upper levels with its grandiose projects and wealthy people, the lower levels never seemed to change much. Among all the planets she had been to, this was probably the one she and her father had stayed at the most number of times and the longest - quite natural when taking the relative wealth of the populace and the large number of new people he could pull his schemes on, into account. Her current locale was not the most flattering, not that it mattered much to her; she had spent much time in the setting and was actually rather comfortable in it. She was in a rather busy and wide corridor, typical for the lower levels, primarily running between a cantina, an elevator and what had become something akin to a market, understandable considering the many connecting corridors and another elevator. The market was still busy, but checking the time, Aurelie knew that they'd soon close down - still there were many a merchant who loudly announced their great offers and particularly loud conversations could even be heard from the corridor where the young woman stood. The noise from the cantina was better isolated though, with two doors effectively muzzling the loud music to the ears of anyone outside. The music could, however, clearly be heard whenever the doors opened - which they often were as many people started to move from the depopulating market to the cantina.

The young human had been in these areas before; she wouldn't usually be particularly excited about standing in a damp corridor with plenty of small puddles of water littering the floor. But, she knew that there would be many unsuspecting people looking for a good time in the cantina whom she could steal from, and she hadn't eaten in a while, so the motivation was there. Spending about 15 minutes in the corridor, the thief had studied where people moved, how they avoided the larger puddles and lined up when meeting another group coming from the opposite direction. Finding a wealthy looking Sullustan, Aurelie was prepared to make her move. If she got her hands on his credits, the girl suspected that she might have credits enough to last her several days.

Fear. She had not yet made her move, still leaning against a pile of crates when she heard her name. Freezing for a short moment, the girl scanned her mind, searching for the owner of the voice, it soon dawned upon her - it was Janiph! Looking at him, she instantly recognized his face, a broad smile grew on her lips, not having seen a familiar face from her younger years in an unreasonably long time. Unlike the lower levels of Coruscant, something certainly seemed to have changed him, although she couldn't quite tell what it was. Had he changed his hair? Gotten a little taller? More muscular? A new scar? It was all unclear to her, but he did seem more disciplined and formidable, as if he had a goal and would stop at nothing to fulfill it. "Janiph!" she exclaimed happily. One thing that certainly hadn't changed about him was his eloquent manners, he was still a silver tounged master of words, just as she remembered him. "I don't know, it's been so long, years. It must've been like, uh, six?" she responded before hugging him just as she'd done when they last met, although he didn't have to crouch down this time. "Janiph, I'm so glad to see you again. Where have you been?"

@Doomfingers

3. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He was admittedly taken back by her embrace, having always avoided touching others, especially on the rare occasions someone wanted to show him affection. As awkward as it might have appeared, Janiph wrapped his own arms around the other, pale palms lightly tapping against her back, clearly trying to appear normal. This whole affair proved to give the sith a bit of anxiety, but he would endure it if only to escape an uncomfortable situation. With a soft chuckle, Janiph broke the silence yet again. " Oh my dear, I've been living quite the life these past few years. I have long since left my life of crime behind me..." A second chuckle as he looked around. "...mostly. I thought it would do myself some good to see the old place again, I am quite curious what gangs hold dominion around here these days."

After finally breaking the embrace, he made certain know serious damage had been done to his hair, couldn't afford to look anything less than perfect now could he? Now that they had begun speaking properly, Janiph could finally look at the young thief properly, Aurelie had certainty blossomed into a lovely woman hadn't she? If Janiph bothered looking inward perhaps he'd realize the odd paternal pride he felt when seeing her, he was pleased to know she was doing well for herself. When last they spoke they had been working towards a common goal, getting as rich as possible, or at least that's what he had thought. This planet was ripe with pockets to pick and minds to fool after all. Oh how small his ambition had been back in those days.

" For these past few years I've found myself under the tutelage of the sith, my dear. As it turns out my actions caught up with me, it was either execution or...well this!" His tone was overly jovial as he unsheathed his vibroblade, giving it a few playful twirls. " I have yet to earn a proper weapon, but my skills have indeed been sharpened, much like your beauty my dear. Tell me, have you found yourself a lover yet? I imagine very few would be worthy of your mere attention, let alone your affection."

What was she doing here anyway? Was she perhaps still carrying out her old dealings? Oh that just wouldn't do, he would have to make a point in utilizing her skills for his own benefit, as well as her own. The life of a petty thief was not befitting to someone like her, what potential he saw in her.

@Pyrenees

4. Aurelie Fleury

Aurelie Fleury Character

Independent
    Level 2

OCC Account:
    Pyrenees
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Living quite the life? She'd bet, considering how he used to live back in the day, constantly coming up with new schemes, and even executing them successfully, unlike her father who's schemes mostly failed. They used to work rather well together, although her skills had improved quite a bit by now. He also used to party a lot from what she could remember, but those weren't really the occasions Aurelie would come along to. Her own life had not been as glamorous as she imagined that Janiph's had been, especially not considering that she had completely lost all ambitions and goals when her father passed. It brought sorrow to her heart to think of the matter, but she quickly put her mind on other matters, preferring not to think of the tragedy. With a smile on her face, she soon moved on and got back into the conversation with her friend.

The hug being released, she started talking "Oh, it's still the Pykes I guess" she stated without much care. Shrugging, she continued "Who else? It's not as if the hutts are on their rise and Czerka corp usually don't make their way down this far". She weren't very bothered by the Pykes being in control, she had always known better than stealing from any of them and refrained from stealing too much from whatever store or merchant they were extorting. Some Pykes had even protected her against an angry traders and bullies in her younger days. "In this sector, they've got these red glove-thingies, impossible to miss when you start looking. They've been all around the place today" she said before quieting down again, allowing him to continue telling her about his recent activities.

Sith? Sith! She recoiled as her jaw dropped open in surprise. Normally she'd be rather fearful, but in this case, it was an old friend of hers who was the sith, and so far, he seemed perfectly normal - still, a certain degree of care could hardly curt "Wow, Janiph! You're a sith.." she stated, almost as if in awe. She smiled sweetly at his compliments "No, no, not yet. I've been all too busy just surviving." she said with a lowered voice, but as always, she soon brightened up again "But hey, at least I've got this!" she exclaimed as she brought up a beautiful golden necklace littered with precious stones from her pocket. "This beauty along with whatever that guy had could probably have given me a few days food and taken me off world, or at least another part of the city" she said while quickly pointing at the Sullustan now entering the cantina.

5. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    " Ah, ever the thieving little retch! How delicious!" The sith chuckled. She would have made a wonderful apprentice if she were force sensitive, but alas fate had chosen to deprive her of such things. Even as blind to the force as she was, he could likely find a few uses for her, he'd just have to think up a situation where a decent amount of espionage would be needed. Perhaps she could help him on his coming war path against those savage mandalorians? Oh how he craved to put those contemptible savages in their place for thinking themselves capable of throwing their lot in with those in a position to dominate.
    It was then Janiph's thoughts were interrupted by the approach of a handful of men, and some reptilian creature that made Janiph want to vomit. He truly hated anything with scales. The men were a filthy lot, their worn clothes and faces covered in oil stains and who knows what else. The foremost of the approaching rabble did not look pleased as he locked eyes with Janiph and spoke. "Oh I thought I smelled a rat down here! Janiph Balguir! You are a dead man!"
    The sith's eyes widened as he recognized the man almost instantly.

"Kenji! Is that you? My you certainly have seen better days! Last we met you at least had a good understanding of basic hygiene! My dear sir, why do you smell so horrendous?"

" Oh don't play coy with me boy! That investment into the 'state of the art death stick company' you told me about was a damn bust! You didn't have anything to do with it at all, I lost everything, my money, my rep, my family!"

"Now Kenji, I told you your investment would take you places, I never once said they were places you'd actually want to go!"

" An investment?! From what I can tell I just sent you all that money for nothing!"

6. Aurelie Fleury

Aurelie Fleury Character

Independent
    Level 2

OCC Account:
    Pyrenees
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Ah, ever the thieving little retch! How delicious!" His words certainly reminded her of the old days prompting Aurelie to flash him a smile and a wink. Janiph had always been on the more clever end of the spectrum and she wondered if he had any underlying thoughts but he was still hard to read, just as she remembered. With a teasingly innocent shrug, she raised her arms "Hey, what can I do? Gotta..." her voice faded out as she turned her head to see what it was that caught her old friend's attention.

Janiph didn't seem very happy about seeing the aliens approach but they didn't seem to care much for his preferences. Usually this would be the time where Aurelie would make a quiet retreat in order to avoid conflict, but it didn't seem right to just leave Janiph to fend for himself. Besides, it looked like they were just squabbling with words at the moment so the risk couldn't be all too high, at least that's what she hoped.

The thief smirked as she listened in on the conversation. It seemed like Janiph had played this other guy for a fool and the fool had indeed been played, seemingly having lost everything. "Wretched connartist" she whispered light-heartedly under her breath, barely high enough for the Sith to hear. The young woman weren't sure how easily angered this Kenji was, nor did she know how prone to violence he was. Without any particular desire to cause a fight, and knowing that any comments she made would most likely annoy the scaly creature, Aurelie remained silent and allowed Janiph to handle the situation. Safety was, however, quite highly prioritized by the girl who tried to casually scan her vicinity for potential cover, finding only an out-of-order speeder and a few medium sized crates littering the floor.

@Doomfingers