Ask Unavoidable Permanence

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Koil Solus, May 13, 2019.

1. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

[​IMG]

Time: Mid-afternoon
    Participants: @Darasuum , @Sreeya @Pai-Mike
    Theme: Beat the Devil's Tattoo ♠ Bleck Rebel Motorcycle Club

The buzz of the tattoo parlor was consistent as was the low volume music. Along with two other tattoo artists Koil was hard at work finishing up the work he had been doing on a local farmer. She was proud of her years of commitment with her partner and the two of them had gotten matching tattoos on their fore arms. It was touching.

The other two artists were working on large scale sleeves that would be taking awhile, afterwhich would be probably finishing up for the day since they had come in early that day. Cracking his neck he brought the tattoo pen across the flesh of the woman's arm. He could hear her wince but ignored it. He knew she was a tough cookie as most were and all she did was clench her fist slightly before relaxing.

After a few more minutes of focused application he whipped the area clean. Taking the appropriate patch and wrapping to keep it sterile until the wound healed up Koil would motion for one of the clerks to take care of the rest. "Should be good. Vidian will take care of you." He motioned for his sister to manage the payment. The place, owned by him was the Mesh'la Pel'gam, or 'the beautiful skin' and so far it was doing fantastically.

Getting up from his stool the man stretched. At the moment he was wearing a simple t'shirt exposing his arm tattoos. On his hands he had black tattooing gloves. He regularly wore his armor, morso than most mandalorians but in this place he seldom wore it. Though on more than one occasion people had come into his shop whom he recognized yet did not realize it was him, the Silent Badger to whom they were having work for and on them. Still, it was a bit humorous at times. Koil wondered if Leandros and Raz would have the same reaction.

Today he had two people scheduled for appointments. It was a long time coming. As he waited for them to arrive he got his setup in order and grabbed a glass of water, dropping a pretty red silly straw in it he drank it down pleasantly. Just upstairs was his apartment and he wondered if he would have time to grab a lunch break before the next appointment came in.

@Pai-Mike @Sreeya @Raz Solus @Leandros Solus (cuz my tags never work)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raz didn’t have entirely too many places on her body that didn’t have tattoos, but it was an addiction she couldn’t kick. She knew Koil ran a tattoo parlor, and she trusted him entirely to do her work. Raz missed the sleeve on her left arm since losing it, but that only meant filling other parts of her body with even more ink. Her back currently had a large version of the Solus sigil, and it went from the nape of her neck and down to her mid back. The surrounding areas were still blank slates that could be covered with even more art.

For this visit, she wanted to get Wyatt’s beskad tattooed on her somewhere, along with something to commemorate Dan. She made a point to take a break from her busy life as Mand’alor to go out to the parlor and get her new artwork done. She had done a crude drawing of what she wanted, but she trusted Koil would be able to refine it and make it professional.

Raz was adorned in simple civilian clothes, sweatpants and a tanktop. She waited in the waiting area for a while, reading through magazines. To her amusement, she was on the cover of one of them, and it was an action shot she didn’t even know about. Raz shook her head, smiling as she put the magazine aside. When it was her turn to go in, she rose from her seat and walked towards the inner sections of the parlor.

At once, she came across a man she didn’t recognize. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she regarded him, taking note of the white hair and the red eyes. He was rather appealing to look at, and funnily enough reminded her of her choice of dire badger, who also had white hair and red eyes. Raz realized she was gawking and quickly cleared her throat, “Uh hi… I’m looking for Koil Solus,” She shifted awkwardly, “I can…come back another time.”

3. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

He sniffed, maybe he was getting a cold or something. Wrinkling his nose he heard the foot steps on the dark tile floor. turning his crimson eyes upwards he saw it was in fact his next appointment. Part of Koil wondered if Raz was going to come on time. It would not have surprised him if she showed up late and still wanted to get her ink done. It was not like he was going to refuse her.

When she spoke his mouth actually twitched. He was trying hard to not laugh. He realized this was the first time she had seen his face. But he got himself together. this could be fun He thought to himself. This was the perfect chance to mess with her. The last time he had felt the urge to be this mischievous he had been pulling pranks on his Varidian. Of course back then she would also make him pay for it later.

Clearing his throat it probably seemed like he was nervous standing before Mand'alor the Chosen. He nodded and tried to change his voice a little bit. "Have a seat, Mand'alor." He made an effort not to say her first name. She did not know that he was the same man that was an Al'verde to House Solus. Two of his employees looked up from their work and furrowed their work and exchanged curious looks.

At the back of the room, behind Koil sat a large circular cushion. It was laden with animal hair that had been shaken lose. Archie perked his head up and watched Raz curiously from his laying position. The Echani brought him to work since that was the only time he really got to spend time with the dire badger these days.

If Raz decided to sit in the leather chair he would hold out a hand. "Mind if I have a look at what you want to get done?" His eyes drifted from both her handsm one flesh and blood, the other synthetic and metal. Koil looked back up to her eyes quickly. Even from behind his helmet the man had always looked her in they eyes.

He was so used to having that thing over his face. His expressions were still usually controlled but only now he was extremely self conscious about how he might look. Part of it because of the prank he was trying to pull but also because he was a non human. All those years of being not only among Clan Solus but actually leading some of them. The beliefs some of them had held. Would Raz think about that? Would she be angry, guilty, or something else entirely perhaps. Not much he could do now but run with it.

4. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raz simply stared dumbly as the man made no indication of where Koil was. She checked her chrono, knowing she had very little time to waste. This was the only time she could find in her busy schedule to get this done. Raz chewed on her lip for a moment, glancing back up at the red eyes once more. They were slightly unnerving, yet somewhat fascinating. She normally put up walls around non-humans, but this one didn’t quite fit that mold. Not only that, but after Burk and others had proved themselves, her prejudice all but died away.

She looked to the side and spotted a familiar sight, “Archie!” Raz smiled and walked over, petting the dire badger that nuzzled up against her. The sight of him comforted her, and she knew Koil would come by any moment now. In the meantime, she focused her attention back on the man in front of her, “All right,” She handed him a datapad of her design ideas and her drawings. They were surprisingly well done for someone that wasn’t an artist, showing that she clearly put a lot of thought into it.

Raz looked back to ensure that there was no one else, and that they had some privacy. She turned away from the man and took her tank top off, swinging a leg over and sitting down on the chair so her back faced him. Her bronze skin was revealed to him, the badger tattoo prominent on her back, along with where her sleeves ended up on her shoulders. Raz reached back and tossed her hair over the front of her shoulder to get it out of the way. There were cuts and saber burns throughout her skin, but she wore them with pride.

“I want it woven in around the sigil,” Raz explained, gazing away from the man, “I’ll take suggestions from you but really...I’d like Koil to do this. No offense, but I have pretty damn high standards and I’m very picky about my artists. I might consider you if he’s trained you.”

5. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

So far she was buying it. If he lived through this Koil wondered if he would even tell anybody about it. He was already a man of few words but this also seemed like it was a memory in the making that he would keep to himself. As Raz went to go pet Archie he could have sworn the dire badger look at him as if to say You're playing a dangerous game here pal. Strange, when Koil imagined it, it was in the voice of Daniel.

The Mand'alor seemed reluctant but ultimately accepting of Koil not being presented to her in the way she was expecting. Taking the datapad he flipped through it and found what she wanted. The Echani's eyes look at it for a moment wondering why it looked familiar. He had done bes'kads before but that was not it. Then he remembered that rainy night, a mixture of feelings and the rise of the new Mand'alore. Great success mixed with heartache.

When Raz turned around to take her top off the man resisted the urge to look at her right away until he was sure she was situatated the way she desired. When he did end up looking the man did not focus on her natural characteristics. Instead his eyes stared at the clan sigil on her back. Quickly he looked down at the inks nearby and let her get comfortable.

Quietly he listened to her input, occasionally glancing between what ink was already applied and what designs were on the data pad. Koil no longer desguised his voice but sat down on the wheeled stool, rolling around to her side so she could see his face. "I can't argue with that. He did these in fact." He pointed towards the snarling badger head on his left forearm and higher on his left tricep and bicep was a circuit skull with other intertwining circuitry.

Silent Badger knew that he could not keep this up forever. Raz had always been able to see a part of him that most others did not, with or without the helmet it would seem. So he decided to see if she would pick up on it. "Keeping those knife throwing skills sharp?" He turned and rolled away on the stool as if he was about to go get the man she had been asking for. After asking that question a grin drew across his expression, no longer able to keep his straight face, waiting to see if she remembered the 'gift' he had given her after she had lost her arm.

6. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raz was still suspicious of not spotting Koil yet. She was very particular about who she wanted to ink her up, and she wanted it to be him. She was more than a little irked that he didn’t bother valuing her time. Raz kept shooting glances over at the white-haired man, drawn by the haunting red eyes. She hadn’t seen eyes like that before, not other than her very unique dire badger.

As he pointed out his tattoos, Raz looked them over, “Oh yeah, that’s damn good work. That’s why I asked for him,” She looked away, grumbling under her breath, “But apparently he’s got far more important things to do,” Raz rested her chin on top of the seat, gloomily pouting as she looked in the other direction.

Her thoughts were far away when the man said something that made her perk up. For a moment, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but her eyes flew wide open, “Koil?!” Raz whirled around to face him in surprise, moments before she realized she was topless, “Kriff!” She quickly turned back to face forward again, cheeks turning several shades darker and heating up. In all the instances she envisioned seeing his face for the first time, she didn’t think it would involve her accidentally giving him a show.

“You are such a jackass!” She hissed, shaking her head, quickly recovering from her embarrassment. Raz couldn’t blame him in the end - it was prime tricking opportunity. She grinned in the end and tilted her head to look at him, “Well you’re certainly a lot prettier than I would have expected.”

7. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

When she finally exclaimed his name in realization he could not suppress his mischievous grin. Koil turned around to show her just how pleased he was with himself for pulling one over on her but his smile dropped the moment he saw her chest. If he could have blushed he would have. He felt his ears get a little warm and he raised his hand to the back of his head to scratch it while averting his gaze the moment he realized what he was looking at.

Calling him names, now he could not help but respond to that, probably to ease the suddenly developed tension. "Been called worse." He admitted. Seeing as she eventually appreciated the humor of the situation he looked towards her again, this time not intentionally or accidentally getting an eye full. "Thanks..." His brow furrowed as if he was analyzing the compliment casually."... I think."

A moment went by as he went to grab the ink and a few swabs to put on the cart that he would bring along side Raz. "Colors or just black?" Whatever she answered he would get and bring along side her. "How have you been? Haven't seen you around much." It was a question but also came with a two way answer. The Echani had been on missions, off doing his own thing or here. Not a lot of time for the War Council to convene since they had decided to break relations with the Galactic Alliance. But Koil was not curious about what work Raz had been doing. That was not why he had asked the question.

8. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raz trained her gaze ahead of herself again, bringing up her arms and resting her chin on them, “No colors for these,” She muttered quietly. Her mind wandered back to Wyatt and Dan. The pain was dulled, but it was still there. She knew there would be losses along the way, but that didn’t make it any easier. Her thoughts then wandered to the possibility of others falling in combat. She couldn’t bear the thought of losing Koil, Leandros, Burk or any of the others that had been with her since the beginning of her journey.

She was taken out of her thoughts when Koil spoke again, “I know,” She sighed, not having been around as much as she would have liked, “I’ve been trying to plan campaigns for expansions. There’s so much demand from the clan leaders on how we should be appearing to the general public. Then there’s Death Watch looking for another excuse to blow something up,” Raz shook her head, “I guess I came here because this brings me peace. Sometimes I need to unplug and forget I’m Mand’alor.”

Raz smiled as she spoke next, “How about you? Can you put your responsibilities away when you take the helmet off?” She had a difficult time separating who she was with and without the helmet. It took effort to remind herself that she was just human in the end, and she was allowed to have the desire to detach from all her burdens.

9. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

Aside from the specifics of the tattoo there was not much else to say regarding the professional aspect. Tattoo artists were not so different from hair stylists. The only difference was that a tattoo was permanent, took a bit more time to conduct, and it hurt a little bit more, depending on where you got it or who was on the receiving end. Stylists and tattoo artists still got tips from their customers and talked to pass the time.

Koil had been taught that good conversationalists tended to know when to keep their mouth shut. Most of his so called conversations required only some verbal nudging. Ironically he felt that this job had made him actually more able to speak to other people. It was why he enjoyed this work. He never felt alone.

Grabbing some alcohol swabs he cleaned the area on her back where he would do his work. "Sorry, it's a bit cold." Afterwards he took the tool and the subtle buzz ran as he began work on the design. His crimson eyes focusing on her back with tunneled intensity.

When Raz spoke part of him wanted to say don't worry about death watch but he refrained, partially because he did not want her to worry but also because she was in the middle of her own thought process. Koil had been keeping an eye on them personally, along with everything else.

"That's the thing about responsibility, it's there whether you want it or not. Shun it if you want but at that point you're just in denial." Koil guessed that she was working some other reason for asking that question. "...or is that your way of asking if I've impregnated somebody." He smirked slightly in his teasing. Knowing her she would probably just scoff at him, or punch him, either was likely. "Truth be told, I'm afraid of not working."

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Goosebumps lined her skin as the alcohol swabs were applied, but she didn’t shy away from it, “It’s fine,” She muttered quietly. She always mentally prepared herself for the needles. It was never as bad as she anticipated. Despite having so many tattoos, she was still always nervous about getting a new one. It usually took her weeks and months to truly settle on a concept, and she never regretted a single one.

She closed her eyes as he worked, pressing her forehead into her arms. His voice was almost soothing during this, and it helped her take her mind off the procedure. Raz had to chuckle at his quip, “I’m not clever enough to make that analogy,” She admitted, “Besides, you seem far too careful to do that,” Raz grinned as she spoke. He was by far the most level-headed Mandalorian she knew, and many often marveled that he was a Solus.

“I don’t think you’ll ever be out of work. Besides, I won’t let you,” Raz relied on him heavily, just as she relied on others in her war council. Dio had been missing for a few weeks now, and it began to concern her greatly. She left the thought aside for now, wanting to give her mind a break from her worries.

“I’m surprised you’re afraid of anything at all,” She muttered quietly, “I’m envious about how collected and far removed you can be from all the things that rile the rest of us up. Doesn’t seem like anything can bother you or keep you up at night.”

11. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

As he worked a chuckle came from him hearing Raz's retort. She did not give herself enough credit. Then he practically snorted at being called careful. The Echani had partied with the underworld of Nar Shaddaa and gone on hunts on a whim. He had the fastest starfighter in the galaxy. Koil went on missions because whenever his life was at risk it was the only time he could forget about any of his other problems. When the man was skating on the razor's edge it was the only time when he felt alive.

"I'll hold you to that" No matter his relationship with Raz he was just glad for her to be in his life. The man knew that it made him want to be a better person. Previously he had done everything for personal gain. But through serving under Raz he had learned far more than she would probably realize.

"Only a fool is afraid of nothing." A moment after saying that he sighed. There he was, quoting his father again. "I'm afraid of plenty. Death, loosing everthing, everyone I care about. Loosing you." The needle stopped, his eyes darting towards the back of her head for a moment. The artist quickly grabbed a bit of cloth and whiped the blood and ink that had formed around where his work was.

"You um...never were able to get me to answer any questions though when you were in therapy. I hope your knife throwing skills have sharpened since then." Koil wondered if she would pick up on the change of subject. He had conducted frontal assualts more subtle than this. "I hope you don't feel cheated for never being able to ask the questions you had."

12. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raz had to laugh as he dropped the quote that only a fool was afraid of nothing. It was something she often heard being a Solus and when other Houses criticized them for their mottos around being fearless. She stopped laughing when he listed off things he was afraid of, and the list ended with her. Raz was quiet for a moment, her eyes closed again as she sighed, “Only a fool is afraid of losing me,” She muttered, “Because I always put myself in death’s jaws. You’re better off assuming you’ll lose me, so you can be pleasantly surprised when I come back,” It was a grim thought, but it had truth to it. Almost every time she left for a mission, she assumed it would be her last.

She didn’t notice the purposeful topic deflection, but she went along with it regardless. Raz smiled at his question, thankful for all the conversation to distract her from the needles, “They have, though I think I’ll stick to blasters,” She admitted, “And I figure if you want me to know something, you’d tell me. You know me well enough to know I’m clueless and miss cues.”

Raz bit her lip as a particular part of the process grew painful. Her body stiffened and her nails dug into the seat. She kept her eyes closed, and there was a sharp intake of breath before she exhaled slowly.

13. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

Koil's jaw clenched as he listened to Raz's suggestion. He could not expect her to die. She was one of the strongest people he knew. While he would refute her advice he would do so silently.

After the woman's words about telling her what he wanted her to know he thought hard about it. He focused on the more intense parts of the tattoo, making more drastic motions with the needle that had to come sooner or later. But Koil's mind was asking itself what he wanted Raz to know.

Finally he came to a conclusion and took the needle away from her body, whipping again but not resuming his work right away. Swallowing he eventually found his voice again. Koil's mind flashed to the times when she had been bleeding out after becoming Mand'alor. He remembered how she looked laying there in the hospital bed with one arm. Another moment when she had been smiling, giving a speech. A mixutre of good and bad memories. No matter the circumstance he had always felt the same towards her. "I'm afraid of losing you Raz. But I'm also afraid of losing you and you still being alive. I..." He inhaled and held it for a moment before exhaling. "Iloveyou"

His mind went made him consciously make sure his mouth was not open so he did not bite his tongue off when she hit him. He looked at the tattoo on her back, unfinished, waiting for the backlash for his confession. He had never lied to Raz and never would. At this point he could not be dishonest with her about his feelings and accepted the consequences. Hell, he had heard about how she had shot someone for stating their feelings towards her. Still, knowing all that he had done it anyways. Here it comes, brace for impact.

14. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

She noticed he was silent after their exchange of words. She assumed it was because she had turned the topic to her death. Raz found it easy to discuss, but she could understand it wasn’t so simple for others. If she died, it would put the role of Mand’alor back in the air. Her mind began to wander to the chain of command and logistics of her death, thinking through it quite rationally.

All of that was shattered when he spoke. She noticed he took the needle away, and he uttered a sentence and three words jammed together. Raz’s eyes flew open, but she was stuck where she was. This was possibly the most awkward position for her to be in while he made such a drastic admission. Raz faced forward, unable to turn as her nude torso faced away from him. She blinked and said nothing for a moment, unable to imagine what kind of expression he wore then. Somehow he managed to elude his face being seen yet again.

“I...uh…” She wouldn’t have guessed this in a million years. At first, she told herself that it was platonic love - the kind that her people had for her. But the tone of his voice, the hesitation, the drawing back from the tattooing told her that wasn’t the case. She was clueless, but she wasn’t that obtuse.

“This isn’t just because you saw my boobs a few minutes ago is it?” She blurted out before she could stop herself. Raz was many things - verbally eloquent was not one of those things. Her bluntness often got her in trouble, and she was having a bit of a struggle now. Raz’s heart pounded against her chest, “I...you….you never even dropped a hint…all this time..” She trailed off, still talking to the door in front of her.

15. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

Koil waited, and waited, and waited. Something was going to happen. She would punch him in the jaw. Maybe she would grab the very needle he had been using to ink her body and jam it into him, perhaps she would just stand up and drop kick him. But none of the at happened which was almost just as surprising as if she had reacted violently.

Instead she stayed where she was and stuttered a bit before finally making a joke to break the palpable tension in the air. In response he actually snorted a bit followed by a chuckle. But she continued, trying to almost apologize for not recognizing his feelings towards her sooner. A slight smile creeped at the corners of Koil's mouth. "You really think a guy called Silent Badger is going to be dropping hints."

Then the rest of the explination came. He felt like he should not stop there, expecting her to react. It would hopfully give Raz time to process the truth bomb he had just dropped on her. "No, actually I uh... I've felt this way for awhile. But like you said. Maybe I'm too cautious and measured."

Koil started up the needle again. At least this way the buzz of the device would fill any following silence. "Is it weird that I'm a little disappointed you haven't tried killing me yet?" It was jet but laced with truth. Koil's crimson eyes returned to the dark skin before him.

16. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

He had a point there. He was Silent Badger for a reason, though she sometimes joked he should have been called Tactful Badger. This was the first time she had ever heard him even close to flustered, and of course it was him admitting his feelings to her. Raz still felt awkward where she was, unable to look him in the eye.

He began to tattoo her again, and her mind was plenty full of thoughts to distract from the pain. Raz frowned as he mentioned he had felt like this for a while, but he had never said anything. She had always thought that others in the clan always saw her as ‘one of the guys’ and could never see her in that light. It was part of why her attention wandered outside of her people and she somehow ended up with a Jedi.

His question alarmed her, and she stared at the door ahead of her for a moment, “Totally weird,” She confirmed, quirking an eyebrow, “But even when I’ve wanted to kill others in my House…” Raz paused for a moment, recalling the painful memory of Wyatt, “...On purpose… you were never anywhere near that list,” Raz said slightly more lightheartedly.

There was a small moment of silence as her mind reeled from the news still, “Well I can say you have terrible taste in women,” Raz shook her head, sighing.

17. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

It was sometimes strange for others to be silent. Koil was used to being the quiet one and felt some modicum of comfort when others filled the space with words. But in this instance Raz had some limited words. Perhaps it was his own anxiety about the circumstances that made him just notice and fixate on it more.

"I'll take that as a compliment" He responding to her apparent death list. An awkward smile creased his lips for a moment, somewhere in between pointless comfort towards the situation and also still focusing on his work. But then her remark made him stop again. He made a quick whip of where the tattoo and blood had mixed a bit.

Rolling on his stool he came around to the front and look her in the eye. Even without his helmet his gaze did not flinch or blink. Plenty of actual staring contests had been done from behind his V slit visor only now he had his crimson eyes and true face looking back at the woman before him. "First off that's insulting. I have great taste in women." The pregnant pause was best broken with a joke before he moved on to more serious comments.

"You don't give yourself enough credit. You're the strongest, smartest, most beautiful woman I've ever met. You're the least terrible person in the galaxy." In that moment Koil realized those words came from a place he had felt even before he had realized his romantic fealings for Raz. He smiled and was as assured that his feelings were as much a truth as the needle in his hand held ink. "Everyone else knows it. It's about time you did to." His red irises stared back at her waiting to see what she had to say in response.

18. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raz didn’t move as he circled around her to look at her. It was still odd to be stuck topless like this, but she knew he was entirely too respectful to ever cross any lines. She still had her chin resting on her arms, the metallic arm resting underneath her real one. Raz met his crimson gaze, still slightly unnerved by the piercing stare that was almost animalistic. He was difficult to read even with his face fully visible.

When he spoke, she found her face heating up. She hadn’t expected him to bluntly say all those things, and now he was doing it in a place where she couldn’t exactly escape it. It was almost easier when he had the helmet on, and she wouldn’t have those piercing eyes and that brutal honesty staring her in the face. He was unapologetic and unashamed of how he felt, and it was even more pronounced without his helmet.

Raz sat there quietly, sighing and looking away, “Koil…” She said quietly, “I...can’t give you what you want,” She wondered if things would ever be the same between them. This admission sent ripples through her mind, and she knew something would change, “I can’t give you what you deserve..” She muttered softly, wanting nothing more than to disappear, “I can’t love you the same way…”

19. Koil Solus

Koil Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

War Council
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

The woman before her had never been good at concealing her feelings. She had in fact told him how she envied him for being able to do so. But he was not good at hiding them. He never hid them in fact. Koil showed her attention when she needed it. Provided space when it was necessary and gave an opinion when asked. He only hid from his enemies and Raz was definitely not that.

Part of his subconscious already recognized the tone she was using when she spoke his name. The following words were not easy to hear either. The man's mind wanted to reject them. They were painful. His heart tightened in his chest and his jaw clenched as he thought about it.

Koil was used to be gracious, cool and calm about most things. He could handle rigging explosives that could level a city block. He could fight snakes the size of tanks. But this was different. Right now he was frustrated, maybe even angry. "With all due respect...what makes you think you know what I want or deserve?" there was certainly some heat in that question. Damn, it hurt to feel this way. But just like any badger he was stubborn.

With a bit softer voice he continued. "You can't love me the same way I love you? Is that what your saying?" The words probably sounded bitter but the Echani wanted clarification. He wanted to know what sort of battle field he had stepped onto because at the moment he believed himself to be his own enemy just as much as anything else. He took a deep breath but the knot in his chest remained. His jaw unclenched finally. "What kind of man would I be if I loved someone and expected them to love me back? That's not how it works Raz." It was as much a question posed to her as it was to himself. "That might make me the dumbest guy in the whole galaxy but I can't imagine myself not... loving you. My only regret in life is not realizing it sooner."

20. Raz Solus

Raz Solus Character

Mandalorians
    Level 3

Mand'alor the Chosen
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

She hadn’t expected anger from him. It wasn’t even something she thought he was capable of. When he finally let his frustrations be known, Raz could only stare at him. Her eyes were wide, and she remained still as a statue, fixated on those eyes that gleamed red in his anger. It was unnerving, and even more haunting. She heard his words, but she was entirely stuck on seeing so much emotion from him.

Raz remained silent through the tirade, but she didn’t look away this time. She kept her eyes locked with his, though she couldn’t hide the surprise from her face. After he finished, there was nothing but silence for a moment. His words stung, but she couldn’t imagine it was anywhere near the pain he felt from loving her. Raz always did things her own way, always charged in bullheaded. She never took the time to slow down or understand those around her. She could never have seen this coming. She hadn’t even seen Leandros coming. She hadn’t seen Val coming. Somehow she always managed to plow ahead, leave devastation in her wake and hurt others she cared about along the way. It was like clockwork.

She finally inhaled and exhaled slowly, “You’re right,” She said quietly, “I don’t know what you want or deserve. I barely know what I want, so how can I know that for anyone else?” Raz lowered her gaze then, “All I know is that I have a knack for hurting those that I care about, and those that care for me. It’s always been like that. I’ve resigned myself to solitude because of it. I fear it’s easy to lose faith in me if I ever stop being Mand’alor. It’s difficult to believe in me if I ever show that I have cracks and flaws just like anyone else. And when I keep so many layers of armor up...I can never see what’s right in front of me. I can never understand when I’ve hurt someone," She paused for a moment, "Just know that you're signing up for a whole lot of pain. That's all I can ever offer anyone."