Ask  Plot Traps for Troubadours

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Callum Attar, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Callum Attar

Callum Attar Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Pontus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Traps for

Troubadours

[​IMG]

Callum never had spent much time within capital ships, having spent most of his days avoiding those deemed capable enough to lead this much firepower like the plague. And when the Darth had told him there was some further explaining required, the Coruscantian assumed that they would move locations to somewhere the Mirialan felt more comfortable. Never had he anticipated it would've been a ship of this magnitude, in space. It went without saying that escape really had never been an option, but even still, this was a little much.

Around him was a spacious room, filled with monitors and information that was completely devoid of personnel aside from the Darth and the Acolyte. Spacious, and a certainly aesthetically pleasing, but practical and definitively overwhelming.

The trip this far had been exhausting, to say the least. Nerve-wracking didn't even begin to cover it. Every moment the Acolyte followed behind this green-skinned individual felt like he was being drawn deeper and deeper into the lion's den. Callum's singular solace was thinking of all the ways he was going to skin those sycophantic paper-pushers if he managed to get out of this in one piece. ... He wouldn't actually do no such a thing, of course. Tagus had found him by these individuals, and if they suddenly started showing up with fewer body-parts, the Sith Lord would no doubt notice.

So Callum walked, and walked, and waited, and now stood, in a Commander's Office wholly foreign to him, in silence, facing a being that could choose to end his existence, if he so wished, after having very recently deceived the man. The Acolyte had to admit, he'd looked better.

@Nefieslab

2. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tagus had had Callum brought to the capital ship he was travelling with because he wanted to make an impression on the young acolyte and on anyone who happened to be following their affairs. He wanted everyone to know that he was not going to be taking it easy on Callum in some neutral place; Callum was going to be grilled in a place of Tagus' choosing, of Tagus' control. It was a carefully structured approach.

It was also something of a lie.

Tagus did intend to grill Callum but the appearance was set up to make it appear as though he was going to throw the book at him when that may not be the case at all. It all depended, really, on what Callum had to say for himself. Entering the office, Tagus reached out with the Force and took possession of Callum's lightsaber as he passed the man, sitting himself down behind the main desk of the commander's office.

There he paused for a moment as he considered the blade in his hands before gesturing for Callum to take a seat opposite him. He set the lightsaber down on the table, emitter pointed away from himself and instead in Callum's own direction. He began to roll it from side to side slightly with the Force, keeping the weapon under his control.

"Acolyte Attar."

There was no smile.

There was no anger.

He was entirely neutral as he regarded the young man.

"Do you know why I brought you here today?"

@Pontus

3. Callum Attar

Callum Attar Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Pontus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Callum enjoyed material things. He would not allow himself to be controlled by his urges like some junkie, but the man was by no means a monk. The Coruscantian had been raised to be was arrogant, condescending, and all other things Sith. But he did also believe him to be aware of many of the follies of his brethren, and had strived to rise above many of them. So, when the man's lightsabre was snatched away and toyed with, and worse, when it had become evidently clear that depending on his answers, he would be injured with is own weapon, his pride hurt in ways he hadn't thought possible before. He had thought himself better than this. His rational mind told him this was a tool, and little else, and that as a result it could be used against him, but evidently he'd grown more attached to the weapon than he'd believed. It was his, after all. Truly his. It did not define him, but had accompanied him longer than kin, friends or family. And only now did he realise the value he'd afforded it. Rather stereotypically, Callum only saw what it meant when he lost it.

But though fear and melancholy assailed him, this wasn't the time to dally. Callum slowly and calmly took his seat in the intended spot, and it seemed the game was afoot. One wrong answer, and he'd be in serious trouble. So, in full view of the Lord, who had no doubt felt most if not all of his emotions through the Dark Side, the Acolyte took a deep breath, that was shaky in the beginning, but straightened out towards the end, as the final bits of air escaped his lungs, and he forced himself to maintain eye-contact with the Mirialan, and to not look at his blade, that might just cause his doom.

Facades fell, and a strange feeling of honesty welled up in Callum. He was a practical man, after all. And he would survive a wounded pride. "I can only assume I've done something wrong." The Acolyte truly did not know why he was here. He had skirted the rules in his last assignment, the one whose report Tagus had witnessed, but he had done other things, and for all he knew the Darth had him on the ropes for that. Or maybe even something else entirely. He genuinely did not know.

"But I've never been in this situation before, and I do not know you well enough to understand how my actions could have caused you to act in person." Callum's mind scoured through the wrong and questionable decisions he'd made over the years, desperately trying to figure out what was the key to his salvation. He had a feeling Tagus would not take kindly to this answer, but at this point it was all he had.

"The best I can tell you, my Lord, is that as of right now I am an open book. Anything you ask, I shall answer, to the best of my ability, in whatever level of detail you wish. No games, no skirting facts, only truth." - the Acolyte maintained eye contact, and struggled not to plead or beg, but hoped Tagus would see he meant what he'd said.

... This was not a good day. The Acolyte wondered for a moment if this was why people prayed to Gods, or the Force. It certainly seemed to help them make peace with events out of their power. Alas, he was Sith, and had no such luck. He was alone, and he either got out of this alone, or not at all.

@Nefieslab