1. The timeline Fires of Rebellion is ending December 14, 2019, followed by three weeks of an epilogue period for stories to conclude. The new timeline will launch on January 4, 2020.

 Ask  Plot Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Colonies and Inner Rim' started by The Storyteller, Aug 11, 2019.

  1. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    2,490
    Likes Received:
    1,214
    [​IMG]

    My Jedi, please hear me...time is of the essence, a darkness has polluted Devaron and I have discovered something...sinister. I don't have much time, follow these coordinates, help me, it-"

    END TRANSMISSION




    The Eedit temple ruins lie on vergence in the Force though with the influence of the dark side over the centuries, it has been a breeding ground for grotesque creatures, the Jedi will need to find these creature's creator and stop them. The Grandmaster will be present, but cannot fight alone. Three Jedi, Brent, Alia, and Amelia arrive to the ruins of the former temple, the Grandmaster's presence can be sensed in the Force, but there is certainly something or someone else present also.

    @GABA @Darasuum @Stratus @Nightfall

     
  2. Aila Roas

    Aila Roas Character

    Galactic Alliance
    Level 1
    537

    Jedi Padawan
    Messages:
    52
    OCC Account:
    Nightfall
    Character Profile:
    Link

    It hadn't been so long since she'd explored jungles, camping out in the middle of nowhere trying to connect with the Force, taking her first steps as a member of the Jedi. It all still felt so surreal, like the hopes she'd had for herself had stepped out of her mind and become her waking reality. It made her want to smile whenever she remembered that, but the enveloping sense of darkness that rose from the decrepit temple kept such expressions far away.

    Stepping onto the overgrown stone of the ruins, Aila clutched at her lightsaber, her eyes darting about as they always did, this time trying to see if anything hid its presence within the shadows of the Force. But beyond all that, one thing at least still beckoned from within, a light in the darkness,

    "I suppose then, she's in there?" Aila breathed to the rest of the party, the humidity of the jungle air clutching at her throat. She was the least experienced of all the Jedi present, something she was still keenly aware of. But her training was moving quick, and when the Grandmaster's message was found it was all hands on deck to find her, that included even padawans like her.

    Turning to face the rest of the trio, she cocked her head gave them a look that said,

    'Well, what are we waiting for?'

    @Darasuum @Stratus @GABA
     
    Stratus and GABAdactyl like this.
  3. Brent Fury Drast

    Brent Fury Drast Character

    Galactic Alliance
    Level 1
    3

    Jedi Knight
    Messages:
    136
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link


    ⌬ THEME ⌬
    This was not one of those silly moments. Well, maybe it was but Brent had to be on the lookout for the right execution. Then again he was so awesome that whenever he did anything it was sick as heck. As he swiveled around in the turret seat with a flask in hand but quickly pocketed the container in one of his jacket pockets.

    The ship set down and the Drast exited his ship along side his cohort. He felt the overwhelming darkness before he had even landing. He heard Aila and just pressed his lips together and wondered if her words even warranted a response. As the silence pervaded for a few moments Brent took out his shoto lightsaber while the other remained on his hip. Brent did not activate his shoto saber though and instead kept it dormant. In his other hand he held his DH-7 blaster.

    "Probably for some dramatic build up. Maybe the editors in this scene are cutting to show some monolgue from someone inside. Maybe we're just wasting time out here that is convenient for the plot of some being that trencendes our reality. Or..." His finger checked the blaster and made sure it was holding a charge. "...we're wasting time." He wanted to deal with whatever darkness was here. Moreso, he wanted to make sure that Arda was not in too much trouble all on her own.
    @Nightfall @GABA
     
  4. Arda Breaux

    Arda Breaux Character

    Galactic Alliance
    Level 3
    3,511

    Jedi Grandmaster
    Messages:
    448
    OCC Account:
    GABA
    Character Profile:
    Link



    She pushed back as far as she could and now she was coming close to facing her physical limits, she could only hope her Jedi heard her call for help and trust in the Force that they would arrive quickly. Arda sat, her knees folded beneath her and she was entirely uncertain of the time that has passed; for any normal man, they would have driven insane by now, but for her though the whispers of the darkness screamed in her ears, she was the beacon that kept it in place, but even flames flicker and burn out. Steady, she remained unmoved, the darkside nipped at her soul, tearing into old scars, creating wounds she would knowingly had to take time to heal.

    There was a new whisper, however, a familiar presence of the light as it neared the temple ruins and the Grandmaster opened her eyes to an empty cave and slowly rose to her feet, feeling the blood rush, bringing a new level of vertigo as she pulled the light to find her balance. Her finger tips ran along the stone wall as she followed the light back to the entrance, but something was following her, it had since she arrived, a shadow not belonging to her.

    Reaching the entrance, she saw Brent and in her exhausted state, she grinned, not caring about the quips he would make, and there was a new face, Alia if she recalled correctly. She had counseled prior to her situation now with other Rebels about letting her join in rank. Now, they were here and she never felt so much relief lift from her shoulders, but she could not relax, not quite yet.

    "Brent, Alia..." she paused, feeling the chill of the dark side flow across her ankles and extending to her padawans, "I need your help, we need to stop them, inside and this will stop too..." the Grandmaster whispered, not in fear of secrecy, but the weariness from her own ability, as though speaking any louder would drain her more.



    @Nefieslab @Nightfall @Darasuum
     
    Nightfall likes this.
  5. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    2,490
    Likes Received:
    1,214


    From the temple, they emerged.

    Young men and women, dressed in dark robes, fled for their lives in abject fear of what they left behind. Or rather, what they sought to leave behind. It seemed that the Darkness that they had wrought was not quite through with them yet however as it surged after them from the temple itself.

    One of the young men was too late - a stark, white, hand gripped his skull from behind.

    "No! Help! H-hel-!"

    His screams for help were silenced immediately as the hand gripping his skull dashed it open against the stone of the temple's entrance. From the entrance to the temple, that which the robed men and women had been fleeing from emerged. The leader of the trio of figures was by far the most normal.

    Was he what people imagined when they thought about what a master of the occult looked like? Perhaps not but the rather unhinged smile told the truth; whatever else the young man was, he wasn't all there in the mind. He wore easy, casual, clothes with a single lightsaber held almost lazily in his right hand.

    "Oh brothers of mine... oh brothers... of mine..." the young man whispered in a raspy voice, standing between the hulking figures of his 'brothers', "Do I sense that disgusting purity... that most wonderfully disgraceful waste of potential... the 'Light', brothers mine?"

    The creature of stark white skin seemed to be absorbed by looking at the red blood covering one of it's two right hands but it tilted it's head to regard the young man as he spoke. It was clear that it viewed the young man as some kind of positive light, hanging on each of his words.

    Obeying but silent.

    Whereas the creature of ash-black skin and blood red cracks was not silent at all. It screeched, an unholy sound akin to nails scratching down a chalk board, as the red kyber crystal in the centre of it's head glowed ominously. The large sword that had been dragged along the floor alongside it glowed brightly along it's edge as the Dark Side responded to it's palpable anger. In one of it's right hands the artistic flail's chain extended and it began to twirl it.

    Whoever would have thought that twirling something could showcase such malice?

    "Jedi, you say, brother dearest?" the young man reached up with his free hand to adjust his glasses, "How vile. I wonder if they will show themselves before you kill our 'friends'?"

    Their friends - the teenagers and 'rebels' who had agreed to do a ritual because it sounded 'edgy' and 'fun'. They didn't know the truth until it was too late. None of them realized that they had been nothing but batteries and foci for the magics that had bound the sleeping abominations to his brothers.


    Young Man - Human male, no armour, single-bladed lightsaber, Level 2 Force User
    Brother Mine - White Creature, armoured skin (can no-sell one straight shot from blaster or lightsaber to a particular area), Level 2 Force User (no physical weapons)
    Brother Dearest - Black Creature, armoured skin (as above), Level 2 Force User (focus on enhanced melee combat), Large Sith Sword, Sith-Steel flail

    @GABA @Nightfall @Darasuum
     
    Nightfall likes this.
  6. Aila Roas

    Aila Roas Character

    Galactic Alliance
    Level 1
    537

    Jedi Padawan
    Messages:
    52
    OCC Account:
    Nightfall
    Character Profile:
    Link

    It occurred to her as she stepped forward that maybe, just maybe, that this was a bad idea. Too bad then that these words had already fallen out of her mouth,

    “If it’s us you’re looking for, look no further” Aila said firmly, stepping past her companions, facing the strange young man that led the trio of vile persons. The doubts in her mind about whether she was quite ready for this, if the three of them were capable for this at all. For the creatures that stood alongside were like nothing she had seen before in this galaxy, horrors not even that she had seen the Sith create. Her fears threatened to rise and overtake her. Instead she kept her eyes locked on the man, and simply prayed that that her allies were ready to stand by her side,

    “A few friends who pack a bit more of a bite” as she spat the final word she invited her lightsaber, a shimmering golden blade bursting to life in the shade of the temple, her free right hand turning outward as she pulled the Force to herself defensively.

    Perhaps it was reckless, perhaps it was foolish. But if all she dreamed the Jedi to be was to come true now, she meant to embody it, and doing that meant standing up to whatever in the Force these beings were. With civilians streaming out of the temple body, she could see no other choice of action that held to those ideals if they meant to keep the focus on them.

    Yes she was still naive, yes she was still young, still new to the Order, but she'd be damned if she wasn't going to go for it.

    @GABA @Darasuum @Nefieslab
     
    GABAdactyl likes this.
  7. Brent Fury Drast

    Brent Fury Drast Character

    Galactic Alliance
    Level 1
    3

    Jedi Knight
    Messages:
    136
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link


    First Brent saw Arda. A knowing smile and a cock of his eyebrow let her know he had several things to say to her, eachh of them witty and likely to agrivate her. But she also looked too worn out to get annoyed with him at the time. That was half of the reason he did his teasing, the back and forth. So if she was not capable of doing that maybe he would hold off. NAH! He'd do it anyways.

    Opening his mouth he took in a breath to make a joke but then he stopped short. Darkness pervaided behind Arda as she came to them. The screams of people followed and their terrified bodies bolting past him. A look of confusion on his face wondering what was the cause. Soon enough he saw it.

    Fizzsch! His lightsaber ignited at his side and he raised his blaster leveled at the pale skinned man with glasses who began talking. "Don't you know it's uncouth to harass women?" He said with some irony in his tone. To emphasize his words he pulled the trigger twice on the sword hold multi armed creature. He had read enough to guess at what was a dark side abomination and what was just an ugly animal or person.

    @Nightfall @GABA @Nefieslab
     
    Nightfall likes this.