Ask To Steal Some Fathiers

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Tycho Draykon, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

[​IMG]

Tycho was approached by some bloke who worked for Nor'baal, Tycho didn't get the lastname, who was supposedly a hutt looking for someone who can get him some top notch Fathiers. Well this is going to be an interesting job. He will have to find an explanation if his superiors find out about this job he is going to do. Supposedly he was picked for the job because of his past experiences as a small gang crime lord. Now how did this Hutt find out about his past the officer wondered as he landed the freighter on a landing pad that was the closest to the race tracks on Corellia. Was it a big risk to come here to steal some race animals? Yes. Was it worth it? Hell yes because he will be stealing from Imperials like he did in the old days.

Difference was that this time he has some help as well that is dependable.

Switching the ship off, Tycho stepped out of the cockpit to where his team is, "Alright we are here. Now so we can give the Imperials a big surprise when they wake up. Let's get them Fathier onboard and out of here as quickly as possible alright? If we do this right we will have a good pay in our hands when we report to Nor'baal. Alright?" He said looking to his team. Excitement to be doing this job seeped into his voice as he slipped his coat on, he is wearing civilian clothing. For this job he is not wearing his armor nor his helmet so that he can move quickly. His only weapon being his Westar Pistol.

They have six Fathiers to get out of the stalls and to the freighter. He can't be weighed down by armor. Not to meet the timeframe to get the animals on board and get the hell out. He can't wait to see if this exploit makes it onto the news and hear how the Imperials react when one of their sources of income has been stolen.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Nor'baal likes this.
  2. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Hask started second guessing his choice of this mission. But why not put some pressure on the Republica, just for old time's sake before the worlds officially fall under the Empire's control.

The Hellion touched down in a safe place and Hask disembarked, his Stalker armour and arsenal of pistols and lightsabers all neatly covered up by his trusty old poncho. He could end up in a lot of trouble if word got out that a sith was aiding in the theft of Republica Fathiers, but at least he didn't exactly look like one. With his armour he looked more like a bounty hunter than anything else and as long as his hood and helmet remained on his head no one would know who he is.

He was told by the contractor to meet a smuggler called Tycho for the mission. After a while he finally found the smuggler and his ship, very busy preparing for what seemed to be the mission's targets.
    He approached the smuggler and held out his right hand to shake. "Hey, you're Tycho right? I was told by my employer that we'll be working together on this. What's the details?" he spoke casually to the smuggler.

@Nommie

3. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tycho turned to face Hask. Well this is starting to get interesting. The smuggler shook the strange person's hand, "Yes sir. That is me." The rebel released his hand after a brief handshake. Really the job should be simple and easy to do. Well as long as there isn't any unplanned events.

"Well. There are six Fathier to steal that supposedly belong to some high ranking IR Imperials." The man started pausing for a second, "There are not many guards to begin with but if we do this right we should not have any problems. At least with them. Getting the animals into the freighter might be though since they can be a bit stubborn."

The criminal grinned, "But it looks like you won't be having any problems with the job." The man said as he snuck a peek at his watch, "In about five minutes the guards will change shift. During that is when we can sneak in. If the information I was given is correct."

@KinkyPrawn

4. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He listened to the smuggler as he spoke. "Well I'll be honest with you, I've never seen a Fathier up close before so I don't exactly know how to handle them." he said with a laugh before continuing, "Besides, Fathier racing isn't exactly my cup of tee. I prefer something more...fast paced. Have you ever heard of pod-racing?" he said as he turned to face the man.

"And don't worry about me. I can handle myself better than the average bloke if push comes to shove. Let's just hope it stays at push tonight, though" he said as he adjusted the pistols at his side, secretly also covering up his two lightsabers before anyone can spot them. Hopefully they won't be needed for the mission.

"Well then, lets hope the information was indeed correct...otherwise this evening might get very interesting very quickly."

@Nommie

5. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

"Wait was that what nearly ran me over a few weeks ago?!" Tycho half asked, half exclaimed as he made his little fib sound like he is telling the truth. Though he has no idea if what almost ran over him a couple weeks ago was a pod racer or not. The smuggler laughed, "Yeah... Maybe I don't know. I have heard of podracing. But after that one that almost ran me over.. And I almost shot the driver. I have never watched another pod race since." He said with a laugh. If there were any guards hanging around worrying about the two strange men, all they will see is two blokes having a conversation. And so will go on their way with their guard duties.

"Ehh I find IR personel to be a bunch of wimps honestly. Punched one during a bar fight.. Barely touched him and he acted as though he was hit by a Rancor." The smuggler told the.. What was he a bounty hunter or another smuggler? The man pondered for a second, "So I doubt we will have any problems with the guards."

On that thought, the criminal got his pistol and slammed a clip into place. Better to be safe than sorry right? The man will then take the lead. The location of the stables and the racetrack was just around the corner. Tycho observed the guards at the front of the stables that are just in front of the track leaving, "Looks like I won't have to kill someone for giving me the wrong information. So far. Let's go." Tycho quickly made his way across to the stables. Checking each one of the stalls, marking each one that they are going to be stealing "Alright all of them are here." He told his partner as Tycho opened the first stall.

@KinkyPrawn

6. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Heh, I don't know what nearly ran over you, but I can promise you if that thing hit you you'd be dead. Two starship engines dragging along a small chariot and only your reflexes to keep you alive...you feel like you're king of the universe in one of those. And it only gets better if you manage to win a race as well." he explained as they walked, getting lost in reminiscence for a moment.

He snapped back to reality, cleared his throat and got his head back in the game.
    "I wouldn't throw the IR guys away so easily. Their sith warriors are spectacular fighters. Pray that you never have to go head to head with them, trust me I know." he explained with a light chuckle.

He followed the smuggler, being as silent as he can for someone in heavy armour. They finally reached the stables and Tycho started opening the stalls.
    Hask stopped and looked around, a little surprised by the plan. "Wait, are we just going to open the stalls and run for it? What if they just scatter?" he asked as he started opening the stalls as well.

@Nommie

7. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

"Maybe it was just a crazy driver racing someone with a speeder." Tycho said with a small laugh. He had honestly never seen one of those races that Hask is talking about, "Those races do sound fun to watch though. I should take the time to go to one of those races sometime." The smuggler said as the two moved towards where the objective is.

The criminal looked to who he had no idea was a Sith himself, "I have never had the luck of coming across a Sith. I guess that could be good luck considering how brutal Sith can be." The bloke paused, "From what I heard at least. I am not too willing to find out myself." He said with a small nervous laugh.

The smuggler looked to his partner as he opened the first stall, "No we are going to take two at a time. They can be lead more easily if we do two at a time. You get that one." He gestured to the stall next to the one Tycho was working to open, "When it dips it's head to you scratch behind the ear or on the cheek. It lets them know you are a friend." He noted as the rogue got his stall opened up. Immediately a Fathier started walking out towards the smugger whom scratched behind the creature's left ear when it dipped its head.

@KinkyPrawn

8. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As soon as the stall was opened the creature tried to run out but stepped back as Hask approached it. With a bit of a struggle he finally managed to get a scratch on the back of the creature's ear and it calmed down a lot.

He led it out and followed behind the smuggler in taking it back towards the ship to load them up. In no time at all they were busy with numbers three and four.

"You know, Malastare is pretty big on it. Dugs are a crazy bunch and they hold those regularly. I'm actually planning on heading there myself after I receive payment for this job." he explained as he led number three towards the ship.

He looked around, making sure the coast was still clear.

"Say, how big of a window to get all these animals out do we get?" he asked Tycho as he kept an eye on his surroundings, hoping the group won't bump in a random patrol.

@Nommie

9. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

As the two got busy with leading numbers three and four the two were still talking away, "Hmm that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Maybe my kid will enjoy watching the race as well." He mentioned as the two lead the two Fathiers towards the freighter where numbers one and two were already loaded up.

"We actually have a really big window. I was told the guards take forever to change shift due to chatting and having a few drinks." He told the Sith as they got the two Fathier to the freighter. Now they just had to load these two up and go get the last two, "By the time they report to their posts we should be out of here and hearing them panic through their comms." He said with a chuckle as the rogue loaded the Fathier he was leading into the freighter.

Dusting off his hands the criminal looked out at their surroundings to make sure there was no unexpected guards. Seeing that there isn't he looked to Hask, "And by the looks of it we are still in that window." He will tell his partner before heading back towards the stables.

@KinkyPrawn

10. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He listened to Tycho as he spoke, wincing a bit behind his helmet at the idea of bringing his kid to it. "Yeah...about that...rather check that type of racing out first before taking your kids to it. They can get a bit messy at times."

He breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed a bit When the smuggler told him they had such a big window.

He loaded up his Fathier right after Tycho and patted his hands and body down, shaking some of the hairs off his clothes.

"I'm not that afraid of a schedule though, its more the random guard getting a feeling or some of that nonsense. It always ends up with a random guy stumbling into us that has the potential to muck everything up."

They made their way to the stalls and Hask was fidgeting with the last one. "Either its your luck or mine, but missions never go as smooth as this for me. There's usually something that happens..." he spoke as he opened the stall, looking around to make sure he didn't jinx the team.

@Nommie.

11. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

"You are right about that. There could be new guards who are more dedicated to doing their job." He mentioned as Hask expressed his concern about random, unexpected guards showing up. That is something no amount if intelligence can prepare even a well prepared criminal for.

The smuggler will keep a sharp eye out as the two headed back to the stalls to collect the last two Fathiers. So far everything was going smoothly and did not want anything to screw up the job. He was told to get all of the Fathiers and that is that. There is no room for error. He heard of how bad things can get when someone does not complete a job a Hutt has hired someone for.

"Between you and me. My missions very rarely go well. Something always happens." He told the Sith as he got the stall open just to hear something coming down the hall, "Hide in the stall. Quick!" He said quietly as he got into the stall he had just opened it and hid. His pistol in his hand in case the guard or guards came looking in the stalls.

@KinkyPrawn

12. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Oh crap!" he said softly as Tycho gave him the heads up. He dove into the stall next to the Fathier who was looking at him in a curious manner.

"It seems our combined bad luck has decided to work against us." he muttered to himself, keeping his left hand on his pistol in case something goes wrong.

The guard came walking into the stall area, seemingly noticing nothing out of place and carrying on doing his round.

Until he stopped and turned to look as the opened stalls, completely devoid of its intended inhabitants.

Hask kept quiet, analysing the situation and trying to figure out what to do. His thinking was stopped, however, when the guard spoke into a commlink and in no time at all a group of about six or so guards came running in and meeting up with the guard that called them.

His hand moved from his pistol to the lightsabre hidden under the holster. The creature seemed to pick up on his intention, because it started to get nervous and started drawing the attention of the guards.

He was running out of options. He held his right hand out to the animal, closed his eyes and used the force to calm it down. When that was done he held his hand out to the lead guard approaching his stall and muttered.
    "There is nothing here, you need to check the rest of the racing grounds." and held the position, attempting to use a mind trick on the guard.

The ability was draining, making him lose breath a bit but it worked at least. The guard ordered his men to move out and they walked past to check out a different area. Hask let out a sigh and regained his breath.
    "Hopefully the smuggler didn't see anything. That'll be the last thing I need right now." he thought to himself.

He opened his stall and spoke up as soon as the guards went past.
    "Tycho, come on. Let's get out of here before they come back." and with that he led the Fathier out and towards the ship, hoping the smuggler was none the wiser.

@Nommie

13. Tycho Draykon

Tycho Draykon Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Rebel General
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tycho had himself pressed against the wall next to the stall door. Holding his breath as he heard the guards get closer and closer to the stalls. Noticing that something was off. Well it appeared that the two's luck has run out. That was until the smuggler heard the footsteps heading away. Okay what is going on?

The rebel officer had absolutely no idea he is working with a sith.

When Hask spoke up Tycho was quick to open the stall door again, "Yeah let's get going." He agreed as the criminal started leading his Fathier towards the ship. When they got to the ship the rebel released a sigh, "Well that was a close one." He said quietly as the man led the Fathier into the freighter. Now it was to get past the checkpoints without raising any alarms as the two leave Corellia.

If they can get past the checkpoints then they are out of here. He just hoped that luck is still on their side.

@KinkyPrawn

14. Hask Jen

Hask Jen Character

Independent
    Level 3

Mafia Caporegime
    OCC Account:
    KinkyPrawn
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Hask loaded the last Fathier up without any problems. The ship's ramp closed and pretty soon he and Tycho were in the cockpit. He had ordered his droid to follow with the Hellion and meet them at a rendezvous point. Things were going smoothly and it seemded as luck were on their side once again...until they hit the checkpoint.

The message came through for them to touch down for an inspection. It seems word got to the planetary guard quicker than expected of the Fathier heist.

Hask hung over the dashboard to check everything out. He saw the one guard with a datapad in his hand, with another four guards fully armed standing at the ready behind him. They would be easy to take out, but it would be totally unnecessary to kill them.

He turned to Tycho, "So, got any ideas on how to get past them without them checking our cargo hold?" he asked the smuggler.

He looked at the guard again as they touched down in the pressurised landing platform connected to the space station orbiting the planet. He motioned for them to open the ship's entryway on the side. At least it wasn't the loading ramp.

"I hope you're good with talking smack otherwise we might be in trouble." he said to Tycho, while working on a plan of his own to cause some sort of distraction to get past. That mind trick idea on the inspection officer might come in pretty handy but getting away with it in front of the smuggler might be a problem.

@Nommie