Ask  Korriban To Reign Eternal

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Mordha Kur, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Did you hear about the First Blade?"
    "They say Lord Visz killed a whole pack of Jedi for it."

The downside of spending so much time buried in ancient history, Mordha supposed, was that present-day happenings took far longer to reach his ears. As a general rule this was perfectly fine, as he didn't care much for the goings-on of the galaxy unless they were directly related to the health of the Empire or the latest archaeological discovery. In recent weeks, however, he had caught wind of something that did pique his interest.

Based on what he could gather from overheard conversations, it would seem one of the Sith Lords, Zeven Visz, had recovered an invaluable Jedi artifact - the lightsaber used by the first Jedi Grandmaster, known as the First Blade. Since then, Mordha had delved into the archives and databanks of the Academy, learning all that he could about both the relic and the one who now held it.

He had requested an audience with the Sith Lord upon Visz's return to Korriban, and now was the moment of truth. As he strode toward the appointed meeting chamber, he rehearsed the proposal he would offer, shoving away any lingering nerves. He entered the room with a respectful bow of his head and greeted the man before him.

"My Lord Visz, I appreciate your willingness to meet with me. Your time will not be wasted."

2. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

Zeven was getting used to being addressed as Darth Tagus.

It was a name, a title, he had decided upon in the ship on the return from another mission away from Korriban and it was a name that he was rather fond of. If it turned out to be a decent title or not, one that one stand the test of time, that was up to him but he was happy enough with it as it was. He had barely stepped foot off of his shuttle, it seemed, when a low ranking trooper had informed him that a Sith Acolyte had requested a meeting with himself.

The man had requested the meeting some time ago actually - this was just the first time they had been on the same planet at the same time to actually have said meeting. He had agreed to the meeting and now awaited the Sith Acolyte in one of the rooms that he had available to himself as a Sith Lord.

This room in particular reminded him of studies he had seen in holovids of Alderaanian palaces. The long meeting table was polished dark wood and there were bookshelves on every single inch of wall space available. Some of them were datapads, some of them leather-bound tomes and some of them simply scrolls tied tightly. It was a room of history and he adored to spend time in it when he got the chance to do so.

Waving to his guards, they admitted Mordha Kur to the room as he was pouring out a glass of Serenno Red Wine.

"I have taken the title of Darth Tagus." he announced without preamble, "You were not to know before now, I understand, but you will address me as such going forward. Understood?"

He paused.

"Now that that is out of the way - would you care for a drink, Acolyte Kur?" he suggested with a raised eyebrow, "Serenno Red. Very full bodied."

@Equinox

3. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "I have taken the title of Darth Tagus...You will address me as such going forward. Understood?"

Mordha nodded his agreement. "Of course, Lord Tagus. My apologies." He glanced around the room, his gaze landing on the heavy tomes and scrolls lining the shelves. He itched to run his fingers along the spines, leaf through the pages and lose himself in the words within. He almost forgot himself, taking a step toward the nearest bookshelf when he registered the question he'd been asked.

"No thank you, my Lord. I prefer to speak before I drink." He paused, looking again to the shelves. He suppressed the urge to fiddle with his sleeves nervously, knowing better than to show his anxiety. He was sure Darth Tagus could sense his discomfort, but he had learned long ago that there was value to maintaining the guise of confidence even when it was known to be false. Mordha detested small talk, never having mastered the art of chit-chat, and so when he spoke again it was to address the cause for the meeting.

"Word of your recent acquisition has spread quickly, Lord Tagus. I am a man of history; I understand the value of such an artifact better than many. When the names of the living are forgotten, such relics remind those who remain of what came before. I believe you, of all people, understand what I speak of. This is why I chose to come to you with my request instead of any other."

He took a deep breath, aware that he was rambling, and returned his gaze to the Sith Lord's face, trying to gauge his reaction before getting to the true point.

4. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

There was no need for apologies in his opinion since the young man couldn't possibly have known about his change in title but if the young Sith was going to fall over himself to apologize to him then what could he do but accept it graciously? It was slightly startling that a Sith warrior was apologizing this much but he could do nothing but accept it with some humility. He waved his hand to indicate that he had accepted the apology.

Lest the young Sith babble himself nervously to a heart attack.

"Suit yourself."

He poured a second glass but left it where it was before moving to the head of the table. As he sat down, Tagus noticed the way that Mordha kept looking at the books and the scrolls. He had often looked at them in much the same way so he didn't begrudge the Sith for his gaze. When he spoke it was direct and to the point.

But still caused some confusion.

"By recent acquisition you mean... what?" he tilted his head to the side slightly, "The First Blade or the Crown of King Adas? Most recent was the crown but I feel as though you are speaking of the blade. I'm afraid I have already passed the Crown onto our Emperor but the blade remains with me should this meeting be merely about seeing it. Although... I don't think it is. I think you have more to say."

Tagus leaned forward on the table slightly.

"What would you request?"

@Equinox

5. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Mordha relaxed visibly as Tagus waved away the apology. He knew he was unusual in his manner for a Sith - compensating for his lack of physical strength with careful diplomacy was a trick he had learned early on in his time at the academy. Still, even for him, this level of deference was uncommon, but the request he was here to make was putting him on edge.

"By recent acquisition you mean...what? The First Blade or the Crown of King Adas?"

At the mention of the crown, his eyes lit up with interest. The crown was not so ancient as many of the artifacts he had studied, but had a history to it nonetheless. "I was referring to the blade, Lord Tagus. I had not heard about the crown before now. I tend to lose myself in the archives and current events sometimes pass me by."

The Sith Lord was spot-on in his analysis of Mordha's intentions in asking for this meeting. Steeling his nerves, he replied.
    "You are correct, my Lord. I wish to serve the Sith Empire by uncovering and preserving its ancient texts and artifacts. I would ask that you take me on as your student in the history of our Empire and our galaxy."

He could feel his stomach churning with anticipation as he waited for Tagus to respond.

6. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tagus was rather amused by Mordha's way of addressing him - it was as though the young sith was shy but he doubted he was anywhere near as shy as he was projecting. What kind of warrior of the Dark Side was that shy after all? He hummed a little bit as he accepted the praise for the blade and the crown as well.

The man was genuine in his appreciation for the artifacts that much was abundantly clear to Tagus even without sensing the other Sith's emotions through the Force. Of course the request still came as something of a surprise.

"Oh really now?" The Sith Lord pondered as he looked the other Sith over, "And what special skills do you have that means you would be best suited for this task?"

He raised an eyebrow slowly.

"I assume you have some special skills."

There was an implied 'for your sake' in there at the end that didn't need to actually be said.

@Equinox

7. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Mordha repressed a sigh of relief when his request was not immediately met with derision or outright violence. He knew it was not uncommon for presumptuous young Sith to be forcibly reminded of their positions in the hierarchy of the Empire, and he was thankful Darth Tagus was not so trigger-happy as might be expected of a person of his rank.

"Oh really now? ... I assume you have some special skills."

Mordha nodded. "Since coming to the academy I have spent considerable time and energy mastering the art of psychometry," he replied. To call himself a true master of psychometry would be arrogant, but now was not the time to understate his abilities. "I am additionally capable of a... subtlety, shall we say, that means I can gain the same information as another practitioner, with less risk of damaging the object in question." He stopped himself there, though he had more to say; the Sith Lord probably didn't want to hear him ramble about why he so desperately wanted this opportunity.

After a moment, he added, "If you were to grant my request, you would not only be taking on the person who stands before you. With your guidance I am certain I could become much more than I am now. Consider it an investment, perhaps." You could have a hand in creating one of the greatest historians the Empire has ever known, he concluded in his thoughts.

8. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tagus knew better than to punish someone for wanting to better themselves and when you were a Sith one of the few ways to better yourself was to attach yourself to another, senior, Sith for training and mentorship. That Mordha had chosen him spoke well of how he was viewed by the lower-ranked Sith and it spoke well, in his opinion, of Mordha for recognizing that he could assist him in growing stronger and achieving his goals.

Of course it seemed that there would be some benefit as well.

Mordha claimed to be proficient in a school of Force use that not many were capable of using. He hummed a little bit as he examined the other Sith in the Force again.

"You're a Kiffar."

It wasn't a question.

Tagus reached down and drew the First Blade from his belt before setting it down on the table and gliding it down the length of the table towards Mordha.

"Show me." he demanded bluntly, "Touch the blade and tell me something. Tell me; why does the crystal scream?"

The crystal screamed because of what he and the Emperor had done to it but he wanted Mordha to prove himself.

@Equinox

9. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "You're a Kiffar."

Mordha nodded silently. It was said by some that Kiffar had an inborn facility for psychometry. Mordha didn't know if this was true, but he knew it came easily to him. He watched the First Blade glide down the long table to rest in front of him. He touched it gently at first, as though it might crumble to dust beneath his fingers. Then, steadying his hand, he closed his eyes and touched it again, this time reaching out in the Force to draw its history to him.

He was met with reluctance, as though the blade was resisting his efforts. His brow furrowing in concentration, he shaped the Force into a question -
    why do you scream? Slowly, the knot within the Force around the blade began to loosen, and he could see it moving from hand to hand across generations. The knowledge came in flashes, at first, like the memories of many other artifacts. Brief moments of its existence, from its creation until it was lost in the ruins where Tagus would eventually find it. As its memory began closing in on the present, the flashes turned into scenes. He saw Tagus clipping the blade to his belt, saw him present it to the Emperor only to have it returned as a reward.

And then came the pain. It was searing, blinding, and he could feel it as if it were happening to him. There was only one thing you could do to a lightsaber to hurt it that badly. "You... You poisoned it. You and the Emperor tried to break its spirit, make it bleed." He withdrew his hand, shaken by the intensity of the experience. "Am I correct, my Lord?"

10. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

A Kiffar... Tagus had been keeping his eye on the race of people for some time now actually. They had something of a proclivity towards the branch of Force Use that he found useful in his hobby of uncovering the past. If this one was someone who could be useful to him then he would see the proof in how the Sith dealt with the First Blade.

How the young man dealt with how something once so pure was now nothing but anger and hatred and sheer agony; enough that the crystal screamed forever. Tagus watched with some mild amusement as the Kiffar experienced all of the pain and anger and suffering that he and the Emperor had forced into the crystal.

He knew that a Kiffar using that technique felt as though they were part of the experiences in the past.

And he knew that this would hurt.

He used the Force to pull the First Blade back to his hand before clasping it to his waist instead. Watching the Kiffar for a reaction, Tagus spoke.

"Do you know why I made you feel it's pain?" he asked rhetorically before answering, "It is because you will be using your ability on a lot of objects. So many of them will be darker than anything you or I have ever experienced. There is a very real chance..."

A small smirk tugged at his lips.

"That you may go mad. Tell me... do you still wish to become my student in this venture?"

@Equinox

11. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Mordha clasped his hands behind his back to hide their shaking as Tagus took back the First Blade. He was sure that the intensity of his experience was not lost on the Sith Lord. He was equally certain that this had been a test of more than just his psychometric abilities - he only hoped that he had taken the pain with enough stoicism to impress the man before him. He could sense Tagus's amusement rolling off of him, but he buried the sting that it left beneath a carefully neutral expression.

"Tell me... do you still wish to become my student in this venture?"

Mordha didn't respond immediately, turning the idea over in his head. The pain of the crystal had been more intense than anything he had felt previously, that was true. Searching inside himself, he found the echo of the agony was still present, still something he felt he could tap into when harnessing the power of the dark side. Now that it was only a memory, he could master it, use it as fuel instead of letting it consume and control him.

It was with this knowledge that he answered the Sith Lord's question.
    "I do, my Lord. I am willing to give myself for the sake of the Empire."

12. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

The young Sith was shaken from the experience but that was to be expected. He knew Sith who would be shaken by the experience who hadn't actually got the ability to see and experience the past of objects. The fact that Mordha decided to keep his cool and still keep a respectful tone was good.

It was a positive trait in Tagus' eyes.

When Mordha's answer came, Tagus smirked.

He had already expected the young Sith to accept and accept he did. Nodding his head, Tagus gestured for Mordha to follow him as he stood from the table and began to march through the corridors of the Temple. If Mordha had trouble keeping up then he would be left behind as the Sith Lord led the young man who wished to be his apprentice. He led him up to the rooftop of the Sith Temple and gestured for Mordha to come and stand opposite him at the edge of the rooftop.

He withdrew a wicked-looking knife.

"Come here."

He sliced open the palm of his opposite hand with the knife before sending the knife floating over to Mordha to do likewise.

"Draw your blood and we shall begin."

@Equinox

13. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Mordha followed after the older Sith, lengthening his stride to keep up without resorting to jogging in Tagus's wake. They wound through the corridors and passageways of the Temple, coming out onto the roof. He blinked, his eyes adjusting to the direct light after being used to the dimly lit interior. As the spots cleared from his vision, he saw Tagus gesturing for him to stand at the edge of the rooftop with him.

He complied silently, glancing down at the ground far below. He wasn't afraid of falling - a lesser Sith might invite an adversary up here with the intention of staging a fall, but he knew Tagus was better than that. He had already shown Mordha that what he might expect of another Sith Lord did not always apply. It was with this confidence that, as Tagus's knife came sailing through the air toward him, he took it in his hand and sliced his palm open without a moment's hesitation.

He hovered the knife back to Tagus, still wet with his blood.
    "Then let us begin."

14. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

The young Sith was not hesitating and that was good but he would see just how long Mordha could last in this game, in this grand game of Sith hatred and politics. He hoped that the young man would be of use to him however. Watching as the Sith acolyte cut his palm open with the knife, Tagus nodded once before holding his bloodied hand out in front of him and squeezing it into a fist, the pain from the wound flaring up at the motion.

"Repeat after me."

He squeezed his fist, blood pouring from the bottom of his hand onto the dry stone of the temple rooftop. The sand up here was fine but it picked up the blood rather greedily.

"By the blood in my body; I shall defend the Empire. By the will in my mind; I shall honor the Dark Side."

Tagus' eyes flashed a sickly yellow.

"I pledge my soul in service to Darth Tagus, Sith Lord of the Sith Empire."

@Equinox

Equinox and Faded Truth like this.
  15. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Repeat after me."

Mordha nodded, imitating Tagus's gesture by balling his bleeding hand into a fist and letting his blood fall onto the sand and stone of the temple roof. As he watched it soak in, he wondered briefly how many other Sith acolytes had shed their blood to slake the thirst of the Dark Side. As the Sith Lord began to speak, Mordha brought his attention back to the present.

"By the blood in my body; I shall defend the Empire," he echoed. "By the will in my mind; I shall honor the Dark Side."

He wet his lips before finishing.

"I pledge my soul in service to Darth Tagus, Sith Lord of the Sith Empire."

16. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

The oath was sworn and Mordha had shed his blood to prove that he meant his words beyond the wind that such words actually were when said aloud. He stared at Mordha for a few seconds, scrutinising the young Sith with his analytical mind before deciding that what he saw within the young Sith was acceptable.

There was potential within this young Sith and he would make sure that he tapped into it. Not only would Mordha serve the Empire better if he was stronger, but he would better serve Tagus if he was stronger.

This pleased him.

"Bind and treat your wound." he instructed the other Sith, "I have one request of you; you are to go out into the archives of the Sith and you are to pick out an artifact of worth. You are going to choose the next artifact that you, and I, shall be risking our lives in order to retrieve."

He smirked ever so slightly.

"So choose wisely."

@Equinox

17. Mordha Kur

Mordha Kur Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Equinox
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As the blood soaked into the temple roof, Mordha regarded his new master. His thoughts should be swirling, he expected, with the gravity of what had just occurred. Instead, his mind was utterly still. He felt the Sith Lord's gaze picking him apart, dissecting him and examining the pieces, but he waited.

Once Tagus had seemed to reach a conclusion about whatever it was that he found in his scrutiny, Mordha nodded at the instruction to clean his wound. At his master's assignment, he felt his mind begin to race again, running through the catalog of artifacts the Sith Empire might value. A younger version of himself might have lit up with a grin at the prospect of such an adventure; the excitement was still there, but Mordha had learned to school his expression well since his youth.

"I will do this, master," he replied at last. "You will know of my choice as soon as it is made."