The Temple Lost

Discussion in 'The Story' started by Koedi_Se'Roc, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Koedi_Se'Roc

Koedi_Se'Roc Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Without a sound, Koedi was standing once again in the doorway behind the cockpit, stealthily watching Midnight do her work.

He broke his silence with words, "You now understand why I need you?"

The cabinets had not been the most comfortable bed, but Koedi had slept on far worse. Those wooden boxes and that small piece of carpet were like a hotel suite on Sereno compared to the rooms that apprentices on Korriban received. Koedi would have spoken more, but instead of his mouth doing the talking, it was his stomach. It seemed that Midnight was not the only one who had been a little hungry last night.

Anyone could have told you, based on the stark differences in behavior from Se'Roc just one day earlier and now, the young zabrak seemed like a completely new person. He even let out a little chuckle when he heard the sound of his hungry stomach churning. The change in surrounding and company had most definitely impacted the entire livelihood of Koedi.

"You wouldn't happen to have something to eat maybe?" the young zabrak asked the half human, half fras with a toothy grin.

2. First Mate Midnight

First Mate Midnight Character

Hutt Cartel
    Level 1

Basadi
    OCC Account:
    Emily Huene
    "You now understand why I need you?"

What came next was a loud shriek as Midnight jumped in surprise. She turned around and saw that it was him; her hand went to her heart in shock. "Wow you scared me! Don't do that!"

It wasn't often that people got the jump on Midnight since she had highly-sensitive ears. She shook her head and exhaled loudly as she tried to calm down her fright. Looking back to the view ahead of her she began to consider the best way to plot a course through it all. Her thought was distracted by the rumbling of his stomach which she did hear. Midnight's ears twitched and she looked back to him as he spoke again.

"You wouldn't happen to have something to eat maybe?"

"Sure," she'd reply. "Help yourself to whatever is in the cooler."

If he really wanted, she would cook him something, but the man should be more than capable of doing it himself. Either way, she would discover she too was yearning for something to eat and go to join him in the kitchen area shortly. For now though, she brought up the controls and turned off the auto-pilot. She wasn't going to go flying into the mess just yet, but she also knew she couldn't stay here.

Turning the ship she moved it out of the random space and over to the nearest star within range of the temple. She aligned the ship against the orbit so they'd be safely out of sight from any other vessels that might be traveling by -unlikely- but also from any asteroids of debris that might otherwise hit them where they'd been previously. Once that was done she opened up a program within the ship's computer and began to have it scan and map out the cluster of rocks all orbiting their destination.

"Alright," she said to herself, and Se'Roc if he was still there per her offer to cook, "Nothing else left to do but wait."

Getting up from the pilot's chair she left the cockpit and headed over to the kitchen to figure out what there was to eat. She had a few eggs left, but there was an abundance of different types of fish and not much else. Se'Roc's choices were slim.

3. Koedi_Se'Roc

Koedi_Se'Roc Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Se'Roc made his way to the cooler. He opened it to find, well, a bunch of foodstuffs you would expect a Fras to eat.

"I suppose I could make some eggs." Se'Roc said before he grabbed a container and started to work on making himself some. He fumbled around in some drawers before finally finding where the pans were kept.

He could feel Midnight watching him as he cooked. The young zabrak got this sense of fearfulness and uncertainty from her still. She did not have physical marks on her neck from last night, but she most definitely had emotional marks there. Philosophies of the galaxy were often stark in contrast with each other. The Sith obviously teach their students to embrace all negative emotion. To let their hate, their anger be their strength. The Jedi however, from what little Se'Roc knew of their ideals, were told to abandon all emotion. Jedi do not hate, do not fear. Jedi think that without emotion, one can harmonize with the force.

Deep down in the mind of the young Sith there was an aching for a simple reasoning. Both sides neglected compassion, and compassion was something desperately needed in the galaxy.

Unfortunately, these deep down thoughts of Koedi were somewhat completely masked by the more upper teachings of the Sith. He was brainwashed and forced by torture to obey. His fear of his own life helped him to be strong. What a prison it was.

Soon enough Se'Roc was quietly sitting and eating his eggs. He did not look up from his meal at all really. He did speak though.

"Do you think you can navigate through this mess? I know that I can use the force to help guide us, but that requires me to go meditate on the dark, and I don't think you will like the man who comes out of the meditation."

4. First Mate Midnight

Hutt Cartel
    Level 1

Basadi
    OCC Account:
    Emily Huene
    "I suppose I could make some eggs."

When Midnight joined him she saw him making eggs and she stopped for a moment to consider if he would be generous or not. Would he make some for her? Would she need to ask him to do this? Somehow she didn't get the impression he would do anything out of the kindness of his heart and maybe it was wrong of her to judge him that way. But this sort of thing -in her opinion- was better left not known. She pulled out a small frozen package of fish and joined him at the stove to began grilling it.

Again, to make sure she wasn't left out or to put him even in that situation, she would offer, "I can finish up. You go eat." Once he turned his pan over to her she would cook herself two eggs to go with her fish.

"Do you think you can navigate through this mess? I know that I can use the force to help guide us, but that requires me to go meditate on the dark, and I don't think you will like the man who comes out of the meditation."

For a second she didn't respond. Part of her would welcome his help. Better him be fully prepared for their flight just in case something went wrong. But she wouldn't like 'the man who came out'? That thought scared Midnight. She was already afraid of the man. Best not to make it worse.

Putting on her bravest face she gave him a quick smile before returning her attention to her stove, "It won't be a problem at all. I'm sure of it. I've got the ship's computer working on an algorithm to find a path. Once I've got that mapped out it'll be simple to just glide right on through. It won't be perfect, but it's better than going in blind. Trust me. I do this sort of thing all the time."

Well that wasn't true at all. But she was confident she could fly the course just the same. There was no lie there. Flying just came naturally to her. It was the one thing she was wholeheartedly confident about. Midnight then platted her food and joined him at the small two-seater table. She wasn't sure what else to say about the topic so she focused on her food instead. As usual she'd made a delightful little meal. Like habit. Midnight could eat the same thing everyday for every meal every day of the week.

5. Koedi_Se'Roc

Koedi_Se'Roc Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    A bit of relief came to Se'Roc upon hearing this news.

He was also graciously surprised when Midnight offered to and then subsequently finished making his food. He could definitely handle doing this simple task himself, but something told him the Midnight cared about making the food much more than he did. Maybe she was easing up to him a little bit?

Se'Roc remembered the figure he saw standing and watching him as he fell asleep, there was little doubt that it wasn't Midnight, but it was still a very unexpected thing for her to do. The young zabrak decided to ask her about it.

"So, were you watching me sleep last night?" He asked before putting a scoop of eggs in his mouth.

The sleep had not been his best or most comfortable, not to mention how terrible he was feeling when he decided to hit the hay, however, some comfort came in knowing that this little Fras-human maybe did not completely hate him... deep down... somewhere.

6. First Mate Midnight

Hutt Cartel
    Level 1

Basadi
    OCC Account:
    Emily Huene
    "So, were you watching me sleep last night?"

Midnight nearly choked on her eggs. She coughed and nearly spit out what she had in her mouth. Her eyes shot open and her face turned immediately red. She then sat up straight and waved her arms back and forth implying she had nothing to do with it. She tried saying no a bunch of times but with the food in her mouth it wouldn't sound like much of anything.

Finally finished chewing she swallowed and tried to explain herself, "No I didn't! I swear! I'd never do something like that. I mean, yes I was there. I mean no! I mean I wasn't trying!" Her words weren't making much sense. "What I mean to say is, I only came by to check and see if you were hungry but you were already asleep. I swear I was only there for a moment." She hoped that explain was acceptable because she really didn't have any other way to defend what she was saying.

7. Koedi_Se'Roc

Koedi_Se'Roc Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Se'Roc swallowed his bite of eggs.

"It's fine if you did, I think." He said.

It was obvious that Midnight had been the one watching him. This question was more on the rhetorical side of things. They were the only two one the ship, no one else could have done it.

He put his head down and continued to eat the breakfast he had made, along with the stuff Midnight had made him. Her food was edible, though it tasted a little more in line for the diet of a cat.

"Someone's gotta watch my back sometimes." The zabrak Sith said with a smirk.

8. First Mate Midnight

Hutt Cartel
    Level 1

Basadi
    OCC Account:
    Emily Huene

"It's fine if you did, I think."

Well now she really didn't know how to react. It as fine that she was watching him? How was that fine? In what universe was that fine? She'd be freaked out if someone was watching her sleep. He should be feeling the same.

"Someone's gotta watch my back sometimes."

Oh. She guessed that made sense. As friends. Sure...she could get behind that. She looked back down at her food and finished her plate in silence. She needed to focus on the mission ahead of her. She couldn't afford to get distracted. Any slip and they could meet their end. Midnight needed to be at the top of her game.

They finished their food without any more words between the two of them and Midnight cleaned up after hy merely throwing the plates and pots into the sink. She could clean them later. No sense doing it now when there might no even be a later....

She then headed into the cabin and strapped herself in. The ship could supply it's own gravity, but once they started doing spins and flips she didn't want to take any chances, especially if something were to knock into them mid flight. Ever precaution needed to be taken. The only exception she made was not putting on a flight suit and helmet. She hated that bulky thing. It would only get in the way.

"Alright," she'd say to him. "Any last words, thoughts, or advice? Now's the time."

9. Koedi_Se'Roc

Koedi_Se'Roc Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Earlier, Midnight had said she was okay with Se'Roc heading to meditate for a bit.

Honestly, it was a reasonable thought seeing as the two of them would want to increase their odds of survival as much as they could. The young zabrak did not answer the woman's question directly with words, he only nodded in her direction before walking out from the cockpit and finding a place to begin his restfully aggressive meditation.

Se'Roc entered the Fras-human's bedroom. It was... a little... hairy here and there, but it wasn't too bad on that front at least. It was not the grandest quarters he had been in before needless to say, but it was more than would be expected.

Without thinking twice about it, Se'Roc sat right down on the bed there. He paid little attention to his surrounding objects or things he heard from outside the room. He narrowed his focus to that of a single pin-point.

Deep in his own vision, as the zabrak concentrated, the small light grew larger and larger.

Soon enough, this once pin-sized-point was the size of a small ball roaming in nothingness.

It was an intense ball full of negative emotions. It also felt... strangely warm.

The longer Se'Roc concentrated on this, it grew larger.

Eventually it was large enough to look into. Though its light was growing to be unbearable, the zabrak used the pain entering his eyes to drive his focus further.

Inside the ball was a picture of the rock cluster ahead of them. it spun in a ferocious twirl of starship-mutilating space rock. Se'Roc saw the star ship he was currently on float into the picture. It flew into the mess of death and crashed almost immediately....

Not good.

However, another ship floated into the picture soon after and flew toward the Spire. Though, this time it took a slightly different path before ultimately crashing into rock. This process would inevitably show Se'Roc and Midnight what path to take the ship but it would take a while.

The young Sith then remembered Midnight had started an algorithm sequence to find a way through the cluster. He only hoped it was a good enough equation to factor in the precise movements of the multiple thousands of potentially fatal rocks. Though, obviously it was unable to account for some unforeseen change in the environment that was only bound to happen. He wanted to warn her that maybe she had put too much faith in her computer, but he could not leave his meditation projection, not if he wanted to do what the computer maybe could not, find a definite way through The Spire, and to get to the temple finally.

10. First Mate Midnight

Hutt Cartel
    Level 1

Basadi
    OCC Account:
    Emily Huene
    Midnight turned around and watched him leave the cockpit. Wait...where was he going? She called his name, but he didn't seem to hear her. She let the controls idle then followed after him and found him going into her room. Why was he going in there? He was sitting on her bed in a meditative position. She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

Now she understood. He'd misunderstood her. Or he didn't care. When he'd offered to build up his power, warning her of what could happen if he did, she tried to talk him out of it by giving him confidence she could handle it on her own. Well either he felt otherwise or simply thought she wanted any help she could. She wasn't sure how he got that impression because at no point did she say 'Yes please do go become an evil-maniac who could kill me if we survive this.'

Turning away from her room she returned to the cockpit just to make sure things were fine. She thought about moving then to a different room, but she didn't want to sit around overthinking how much trouble she could be in. So she returned to her seat and strapped herself in once more. She looked at the computer and began trying to memorize the pattern and trail in front of her. Her eyes wondered between the screen and the mass of rocks ahead of them. She was sure there was a path. The compiter would find it. She trusted herself to make sure she got them through this.

Now all she had to do was wait for the monster to return....

11. Koedi_Se'Roc

Koedi_Se'Roc Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    From the moment Se'Roc had mentioned navigating The Spire, he had already been working his mind into the required state needed to access such dark powers. Though he had asked Midnight if she was capable of flying her way through this missive collection of space rocks, he did not believe her... Well, it wasn't that he didn't believe her, he just knew that the force would do a much better job than any man-made computer could... either that or the darkness had clouded his mind. Either way, Se'Roc was now trying to access that dark side to find a way through.

The concentration was taxing. It took almost every ounce of the zabrak's consciousness to muster this simulation of crashes upon crashes. After what seemed like hours (but in reality was only a few mere minutes) the zabrak had found his answer... At least, he thought he did. A loud beep from the navigation computer in the cockpit had snapped the Sith from his task right as the answer was almost finished being revealed.

This made Se'Roc angry. He stood from Midnight's bed and bounded into the doorway of the cockpit.

"Blasted computer! I almost had it too!" Se'Roc grimaced, "I bet this thing can't even find an algorithm to get us through. It is no match for the living force!"

In his anger, Se'Roc smacked his fists into the nav-computer's display. To no surprise it shattered around the crimson hand.