The Scoundrel Files (Oddi Xon’s Recorded Diary)

Discussion in 'Chronicles' started by Oddi Xon, May 9, 2019.

1. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    *Starts recording*

“Entry one, Location- Coruscant, 21st Quadrant:

There’s this nice little electronics store on the upper levels of this quadrant of the ecumenopolis. It’s called “Kthruul’s”, and I would highly recommend them for the person who needs organization in their lives. I appreciate the quality so much that I acquired one of their fine mini recorders from a passing gran while asking for directions to the nearest food market. Well… he didn’t exactly know that I had acquired it…which is odd. I mean, how do you not witness such a thing when you have three eyes??? Come on… evolution gave these guys a boon and they’re squandering it by having all three eyes look in one direction while they wave their hand around telling me to turn right and make a sharp left. But anyway, my point is, now that I have a recorder I can keep tabs of my daily activities and amuse myself in the process.

Oh, and I really did need foodstuffs. That wasn’t a ruse. I mean, a hatchling has to eat, right? And no, I’m not going to steal everything this time. I actually got me some credits today. That’s right! Turns out that people will pay to hear a good kloo horn player on a street corner. It’s not much, but it’s enough to pay for some thala-siren milk and a portion pack. Aaaaaand… I may pocket some bantha jerky while I’m at it. Hey, I said that I wouldn’t steal everything, not anything. Soooo… there’s an officer heading this way so I think I’m gonna go ahead and turn this off now…”

*Click*

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Mae Senpai likes this.
  2. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    *Click*

“Entry two, Location- Coruscant, 21st Quadrant:

So in making my sudden journey to this planet I didn’t take into account that they might use a different currency here, which they do. They’re like these stick things called credit chips (as opposed to coins like on Zolan) and they’re kinda ugly. I mean, they just don’t get that same reflective gleam that a coin has and there’s no picture or anything. And you can’t spin them either without being utterly unsatisfied. I want to know what joyless moof decided to take the aesthetics out of currency! *Sigh* I’m getting used to it but it’s just not the same.

And another thing… when I decided to skip my home for this tech-ridden jungle I had no idea that there were going to be so many species here! I’ve learned that I really need to read up on these people. For example… did you know that those little Jawa-things from that Tatooine place rarely leave planet? That would have been helpful to know. I saw a picture of one of those things on an advert, not knowing what it was, but it looked short like me, so I stupidly thought, ‘Well there’s a good disguise.’ I managed to snag a small brown cloak and made my skin go all shadowy (I have NO idea what they look like under that mess), and I went on a ‘shopping spree’. Well… needless to say that I was noticed pretty quickly when I was looking to snatch a datapad from this weird guy with orange skin and… horns? Headdress? I have NO idea what those were but they were sticking up over his head and he also had these two white tentacle-things draping down. But anyway, he says ‘You’re no Jawa’ and flags down a passing police speeder. I had to book it like a herabe and get out of there quick. I wound up hiding in an alley and there was this drunkard Twi’lek there (I do know what they are) smoking a death-stick, and he starts pointing and laughing. I asked him what his problem was and he tells me how much I was sticking out like a sore thumb, and that there was no way that a Jawa would be caught dead on this planet. Huh… okay… lesson learned.

So yeah, I just looked up what a Jawa was just now on a successfuly acquired datapad (I don’t feel the need to explain how), and I just realized how ridiculous I must have looked. *Sigh* Ai Mabara! If I’m going to survive out here I need to step up my techniques. So now I need to learn some species identification and their cultures, maybe observe how they act in public, how they walk, talk, act, breathe, fart, whatever. That should be easy enough when I play from a street corner. Welp, time to brush off the ol’ kloo horn and earn me some more food credits. Maybe I should start a jatz band…”

*Click*

Mae Senpai likes this.