Ask  Coruscant The Joker and the thief in the night

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Carthus Phoenix Kira, May 15, 2019.

1. Rao Quel Ran

Rao Quel Ran Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Fly Your Flag
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Rao’s internal thought process was frozen the moment Carthus gave the command to be shot at.

“What!?” He questioned the mysterious man as he rolled the unconscious houk off of him.

‘He’s gotta be insane. Either that or…?’ His train of thought derailed as Oddi let slip another bolt from her blaster. Rao looked on at the fight, far too stunned to process this situation fully. Beneath that speechlessness, he still hoped Carthus would turn out okay in whatever plan he had. With that, as the bolt passed by him, Rao readied himself to help his friend in the aftermath of whatever’s about to happen.

@Jexz @Zanna Black @Croywn Denimore

2. Carthus Phoenix Kira

Carthus Phoenix Kira Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Jexz
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Carthus could feel his body starting to be lifted as the Houk began to pull at his vibro blade hilt. He began to try and dig his heels into the back of the creature, as his muscles protested at the pulling motion. Gritting his teeth, but his eyes remained on Oddi hearing the, okay he released both his hands from the hilt of the vibro blade hilt letting himself drop to the ground as the houk ripped the hilt upwards into the air in confusion as to why it was suddenly so light.

The timing had to be perfect, in truth Carthus didn't care if he got stunned at the same time as the Houk, but thanks to Oddi saying okay he knew just when to release, or hoped she didn't follow his movement with the gun, as he heard the sound of the gun discharge as a bolt came soaring towards him and the Houk

@Zanna Black @Croywn Denimore @Fly Your Flag

3. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    *ZZZWHAAAAUUUP!!!*

The odd sound of the stun function on the blaster echoed off the alleyway walls along with the sounds of fighting and grunting. Oddi could see what Carthus was attempting now and had aimed at both combatants when he released the houk from the hold. The bolt went off, and Carthus had mostly leapt out of the path of the shot.

Emphasis on mostly.

It was a solid hit on Sulga, who had been overwhelmed by the sudden release from the blade hilt. The bolt sent him falling backwards and plummeting hard into a pile of debris as his eyes rolled back in unconscious stupor. Strangely enough, he didn’t look too horribly out-of-place there. As for Carthus… well… it managed to catch his right foot. Oddi’s face grimaced sympathetically as if to say “Oops!” She had never been shot by anything before… even a stun bolt. She hoped it wasn’t painful. As soon as she saw that all the houks were taken out of commission, she put her blaster away.

“Ai Mabara!!!” She waved Rao over as she ran to Carthus’ side. “Oooohhhh sorry!!! Are you okay? Them stuns have a wider beam… an’ I ain’t no marksman here. This used ta’ belong to the guy who bought me on Zolan an’ I kept it for protection! I never got to learn how ta’ use the dang thing!”

@Jexz
    @Fly Your Flag
    @Croywn Denimore

4. Rao Quel Ran

Rao Quel Ran Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Fly Your Flag
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The mandalorian winced as they went down. The last time he’d been hit with a stun shot he was feeling it for a week and throwing up the next morning. To willingly go through that, Rao couldn’t even imagine the guts that took.

"That’s it, he’s insane. No way around it, we’ve got a full blown lunatic in our midst Oddi.” He said getting up and dusting himself off.

Ragged and run down, Rao follows behind Oddi. With the dust settled and his friend saved, he let out a sigh of relief and resignation. He didn’t know for sure whether Carthus had it in him to turn that fight around like that, especially against a houk trying to snap him in half. With a hearty grin he offers a hand to the man.

“Did you know that would happen? Or were you just winging it?”

@Jexz
    @Zanna Black
    @Croywn Denimore

5. Carthus Phoenix Kira

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Jexz
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Carthus felt the effect almost straight away as it pulsed through his foot, up his leg and to what could only be described as the very center of his being. As he crumpled to the ground landing with every kind of lack of grace in the world, though thankfully he was staring up at the chaos of traffic and night sky of Coruscant. To him it seemed strangely beautiful and wonderful, the colors were blurring together in a criss-cross of patterns and..........was he about to throw up?

Carthus could feel his stomach now churning and the headache setting in, no longer in a euphoric like state he had been brought back to the world with what could only be described as rancor hitting him with a small ship. But even in this pain he started to grin and then began to laugh a bit.

His eyes moved from the sky to look towards the approach of both Rao and Oddi

"Well one thing is for certain there Oddi, you have more courage than most, not to mention you might not be a marksman, but you sure as hell hit the target. As I said.......aim for me, didn't think you would be that good at it"

Carthus continued to chuckle, still laying on the ground. One thing was for sure he wasn't in the mood to move just yet

"Hell it worked right? might be insane but anything you can walk......oh wait I can't walk yet.....umm anything you still survive is a victory right?....... As for my plan well......in truth I had moved from plan a, to b, to part two to part three. But as for the stun blast, if Oddi had hit me then I would be down and out and give her a clear shot or possibly you a shot at the last guy, if she missed and hit him then I would have looked amazing cool......as it stands now I would say I look semi-Heroic and semi-crazy"

With that, he started to lift a hand up towards Rao

"What do you think? Also care to give me a hand, I am so overcome with looking amazing that I seem to have gone weak at the knees"

He grinned

6. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Well one thing is for certain there Oddi, you have more courage than most, not to mention you might not be a marksman, but you sure as hell hit the target.” Cathrus had said, making Oddi’s cheeks blush a deeper olive tone.

She rubbed the back of her neck uncomfortably. She was unsure of how to handle a compliment, since they were rarely referring to her. Courage? Me??? she said internally. No one had ever said such a thing to her. She didn’t really know what to say to that, but she had to say something. “Well… I didn’t feel like I had courage. But… well… you guys fed me an’ covered fer me an’ treated me like an equal. Ain’t nobody ever done that for me. I couldn’t leave y’all high an’ dry.” She got up off of her knees and dusted herself off.

She took this opportunity to glance around and take stock of the mess they had made… at the unconscious but breathing houks, Rao calling Carthus out for being crazy, and “semi-crazy” Carthus sprawled out on the ground with his goofy grin. She found herself beginning to chuckle. It soon evolved into a full-on belly laugh that reflected both a sense of humor and, at the same time, relief. After she calmed down, she wiped away a tear. “Heh heh…*sniff*… That was hilarious as all get-out, but I reckon that th’ cops’ll be cruisin’ on over soon.” She glanced around at the crowd now starting to take notice. “Ohhhh, kriff… maybe we better get someplace where it doesn’t look like we stunned a bunch of bouncers??? Just a suggestion.”

@Jexz
    @Fly Your Flag
    @Croywn Denimore

7. Rao Quel Ran

Rao Quel Ran Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Fly Your Flag
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “Heroic, crazy… stupid? They all go hand in hand with each other. I’ve never met a man that was one that wasn’t at least a little bit the other.” Rao took the hand and pulled him to his feet. “Seems to me that you embody all three.”

There was an air of comradery that Rao breathed in for a moment and enjoyed. He smirked and slapped Oddi on the back as she spoke of courage and tried to shrug off Carthus’ words. “Take the damn compliment, you’re a bonafide hero. Bonafide idiot too but that’s neither here nor their.”

“Half Pint’s right, we’re knee deep in a crime scene. Carthus, you gonna be good to walk? We should have at least a few minutes before anyone notices." He ran a hand over his pocket and felt the hard drive, safe and secure. He got lucky tonight, but he might not be so fortunate the next time he gets tangled up into this sort of business.

@Zanna Black @Croywn Denimore @Jexz

8. Carthus Phoenix Kira

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Jexz
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Carthus smiled at Oddi from her modest response, it was obvious at least to him that she was not used to receiving such praise. Either way, he wasn't going to flood her with it, she didn't need that level of boosting or ego stroking anyway.

With a slight groan and a wobble from being pulled up to his feet from Rao, he took a few deep breaths, focusing himself. The color was returning back to his cheeks at least. The bolts effects were not too extreme due to not being fully hit by it........thank the force.

"Aye we are all a little crazy and stupid, but where would the fun be in just being normal hmm? I would much rather have fun and stories to tell when I get old rather than be the person who was "Oh I was there and watched it happen" or "Yes I watched life go by, but I was safe and boring".

Chuckling a bit towards the end, more as an infection from hearing Oddi burst out into laughs, Carthus felt a warmth of humor and friendship in the air. It wasn't something he had experienced for a while and it sure was a breath of fresh air to him.

Looking at both Rao and then at Oddi hearing the comments about being in the middle of a crime scene he pondered for a few moments before staggering forwards, still finding his feet a little. Now he didn't need to act to appear drunk, his legs were doing just fine on their own for that.

"Well let us get moving and worry about where we head to next, you're both more than welcome to come to my ship on the upper levels. It ain't much but its comfortable and in a good hanger. Ain't no one going to bother us there. Or we can continue through these streets and see what other fun and chaos we can cause...The choice is up to you guys"

Carthus said with a grin

9. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Sulga snored audibly as the trio continued to gather themselves. It was rather amusing, although Oddi knew they shouldn’t get too comfortable with the houks catatonic drooling.

Looking at the state that Carthus was in made her feel skeptical about continuing their reign of chaos on the night. She glanced at Rao, then back at Carthus. “Ah… um… I’m thinkin’ that th’ ship might be th’ better option for the time bein’,” she mused, suppressing a chortle. “I got lotsa questions for you guys, anyway. ‘Bout that energy, ‘bout the Alliance, all kinds a’ stuff. An’ I’m thinkin’ tomorrow… I’m gonna get out there an’ do me some research. You guys really caught my interest tonight.” Then her eyes brightened up when she had an idea. “Hey… maybe I can serenade y’all with my kloo horn! Never had friends to play fer before.”

Just then, Oddi’s head perked up as she heard an all-too-familiar sound in the distance. “Sirens! Aw kriff!!! We gotta move!!!”

Oddi thanked her stars that she still looked like that duros child. She hoped the other two wouldn’t be recognized too well, or she’d hafta bust ‘em outta the brig… or try, at least.

@Jexz
    @Fly Your Flag
    @Croywn Denimore

10. Rao Quel Ran

Rao Quel Ran Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Fly Your Flag
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “I can get behind that. Just make sure that you grow old to tell those stories, otherwise no one will hear them.” The mandalorian laughed alongside them and clapped Carthus on the shoulder. He figured that the accumulation of such stories was a blessing and a curse. No one goes through that without seeing some unpleasant things.

When they started talking about what to do now, Rao weighed his options. He didn’t have to make his rendezvous for a while so he had some time to kill. Staying out in the open would be dumb considering he’s holding valuable rebel information.

“I’m with Oddi, ship’s considerably safer than the night city.” Rao agreed, realizing that between the alcohol, fighting and running, he was in no shape to be traipsing around on an Empire planet with a datastick that could get him thrown into a cage. It was for that reason that when Oddi heard the sirens, Rao had a similar reaction.

“We just can’t catch a break, can we? Let’s get outta here.” He said as he turned to Carthus. “Which way we headed?”

11. Carthus Phoenix Kira

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Jexz
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Carthus stretched out a bit more as he stood in the alleyway, chuckling a bit to the clap on his shoulders as he grinned a bit.

"Are you kidding, I suffered having to listen to old people when I was younger, I full well plan to get my revenge"

his head starting to clear a bit more. Before looking over towards Oddi listening to what she had to say about heading to the ship but also asking questions about things. With a raise of his eyebrows at that Carthus offered a smile, he didn't in truth know how much he could answer, there were questions he was still asking himself, but either way, something is better than nothing.

Nodding slowly he began to move on through the alleyway, pausing as he heard the Sirens but decided to continue to walk on

"This way, just keep walking. We start looking shady and avoiding things we will stick out. Besides its better to head into a crowd, once we are in the crowd we head for a grav-cab and head towards the upper levels. My ships in a private hanger, no one will bug us there"

With that thought, Carthus reached into one of his pouches pulling out a small comms unit

"SC keep an eye out on the ship, bringing some company"

There was a series of disgruntled whirls and chirps from the speaker

"Nothing! Come on I wasn't planning to do anything today, things happen"

It was then that Astromech droid on the other end let out an obvious expletive

"OI ! you're in a right mood today, wake up on the wrong side of the oil bath..........Oh Kriff.....I was meaning to book you in for one, dude I am so sorry I promise I will get you one soon"

At this point the communication was cut from the far end, causing Carthus to chuckle a bit

"Sorry about that, my Astromech can be a bit.......high strung"

@Zanna Black@Croywn Denimore@Fly Your Flag​

12. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Life was good for Oddi right now. She was making friends and memories, learning new things, and she got her first cab ride. They had made it to Carthus’ private hanger and into his XS-100. It was quite a nice ship, she noted. She had to resist the urge to look under the panels and check out all the inner workings. That would probably be rude, wouldn’t it?

She, Cathrus, and Rao casually sat in the main holding area as Oddi couldn’t help but keep glancing over at the Astromech. Droids were something that she hadn’t had much opportunity to work on, but she hoped that someday that would change. Realizing that she was daydreaming a little, she brought her attention back to Rao. She had remembered something, something she had seen on the Holonet but hadn’t pieced together till now, when things had calmed down. “So, we didn’t get a chance to talk about yer group there,” she began, directing her queries to Rao. “I don’t know much about the government in this part of th’ galaxy or anythin’ but I’s seen those posters and ads, for th’ Imperial Republic, an’ I gotta say… they scare me. Yer organization… are they th’ ones I seen on th’ Holonet? Th’ ones fightin’ against their armies?” She leaned in, as if expecting some juicy details. “How much are you allowed to tell us? Are you sworn to keepin’ everythin’ a secret? What do you guys do? What do you believe in? Are you…” She stopped herself, as her cheeks turned a slight shade darker. “Am I askin’ too many questions?”

@Jexz
    @Fly Your Flag
    @Croywn Denimore

13. Rao Quel Ran

Rao Quel Ran Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Fly Your Flag
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Rao chewed the inside of his cheek as they hailed a cab. It was a bad habit he resorted to when he didn’t have much to do and too much time. He picked it up in training on Endor when everyone was trying to look like they were busy when in fact they just wanted five minutes where they didn’t have to do anything or get yelled at or suddenly be reminded that they chose to be their and if they didn’t live up to expectations they were a waste of resources. Once he realized he was doing it, he let the tension off and tried to look less stressed. The night had taken its toll on him. He was thinking about all the little complaints his body was giving him. ‘Most of those weren’t there yesterday.’ He silently chuckled to himself, which immediately left when a light but sharp pain shot up his side.

The argument, or rather the reprimanding Carthus was just handed put a small grin on his face. “Sounds like you’ve got priors when it comes to this. You get into trouble often?”

As they arrived at their destination, Rao was quite happy with their privacy and subsequently sat down on the nearest chair. This moment of relaxation was commandeered by a Oddi’s curiosity. As she finished, Rao leaned in from his previously slouched position to emphasize what he’s about to say.

“Oddi, one might say that you’re not asking enough questions. Listen, I’m not gonna tell you the inner workings of one of the most sophisticated spy and insurgency systems in the galaxy, but I’ll let you in on a few details. But you have to realize that once you open this box, you’re not gonna be able to close it. Most people have the choice made for them by fate…” Rao’s eyes drifted to his hand, where one would be able to see some sort of symbol, possibly Mando’a tattooed on his trigger finger.

“I suppose you should have a moment to think on it.” His eyes returned to Oddi and then traveled to Carthus.

“What about you, any input on this? Considering that you’re a third of our merry band of idiots, you might be able to point out anything particularly stupid I’m saying, as I suspect I may have a concussion. Do I make sense?” Rao offers to Carthus with a self deprecating smile that tries to alleviate the tension he may have just released into the room’s atmosphere.

14. Carthus Phoenix Kira

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Jexz
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Carthus looked over towards Rao hearing the question about getting into trouble often as he offered a slight smile with raised brows, it almost was as though he didn't intend to answer that question at first.

"Well not as much as I used to, but a thief like me often finds trouble very rapidly. And before you judge me for saying thief yes I could afford most of the stuff however I only steal what doesn't belong to people in the first place, artifacts, information etc"

With that answered Carthus continued on his way, getting into the cab to take them to upper levels. Even during the ride, everyone seemed silent, but Carthus kept his eyes out of the window, almost looking at nothing. But deep in thought.

Soon enough the merry band had arrived at his ship, SC or Short Circuit as he was fully known as came down the rampway to see who it was approaching, before letting out a grumpy sound and wheeling itself back up the ramp again and into the ship. With a sigh, Carthus shook his head

"It's going to take a while for him to forgive me for this one, I might seem to be mean to him but I truly am thankful to have a friend like that droid"

Carthus lead the way into the lounge area just past the cargo hold, or rather it was part of a cargo hold that had been converted to have a few extra comfy seats. A Pazzak deck lay scattered across one of the tables, along with a few sketched and rough drawings. Across from the table was a bookcase holding floor to ceiling data pads.

Choosing one of the chairs Carthus sat down listening to what Oddi had to say, hearing her questions and then how she thought she might be asking too many questions, a smile creeping across his lips some. His eyes looked over towards Rao as he responded but more to that how he had phrased it caused himself to pause for a moment in thought as he chewed on his tongue a bit.

"I think you might just have, you sounded very philosophical then. Most scholars I have known are slightly brain-damaged most of the time"

Carthus grinned

"I think Oddi has a right to know the answers to her questions, but the facts. Though it's her choice, in the end, Rao is right about once you know some of these details there is no turning back. You can't just choose not to know one day. But I can tell you that myself, for example, operate outside of this organization.......that being said I made a choice to align myself with one side over the other so to speak. I have seen the consequences of such actions and nearly died because of it.....and possibly lost a friend as well......a friend that was taking me to meet one like you and me Oddi. But fate or destiny diverted that path and crossed it with......a more sinister and trained version of myself"

For a moment Carthus fell silent, his thoughts turned back to the Telos station, the crimson blade, the coldness that came with it. But also how it was that day that he began to felt something else other than just what could only be described as the surface of the force.

"Anyway.....you asked what I do, I am a bachelor, no job, no family and no commitment to anything. I wander the galaxy as I see fit living off my families inheritance until one day I choose to possibly settle down. As for secrets.....sure I have some, but so do loads of people"

15. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oddi stared at the floor as Rao and Carthus’ words sunk in. Apparently, in her line of questioning, she may have been opening a whole new can of worms here. But deep down she knew that these guys truly had her well-being in mind.

She couldn’t help but wonder what Carthus meant when he mentioned the “more sinister and trained version of himself” but she knew she wasn’t meant to pry. Still, she could see the hint of sadness in his eyes, and it concerned her. He had been through something. That was evident.

She squirmed in her seat a bit as she seemed to be on the way of reaching some sort of decision. “Ya know what?” she began, “I could take th’ safe road an’ keep my head low, but it seems to me that if I did that, I’d be goin’ against my very nature. I won’t pressure y’all an put yerselves in a position where ya think you might be endangerin’ me. So I think when we’re done here I’m gonna set off on my own an’ do my own diggin’. Cause th’ truth is, I feel like stayin’ ignorant may be just as dangerous. Especially for those of us that are different in more ways than one.” She wasn’t simply referring to being Clawdite or being able to sense things (that was new to her after all). Sure, she could use her dwarfism as an advantage at times, but it ensured that she would be treated like a child by the vast majority well into her adult life. If she was ever to be taken seriously, she would need a way to stand up for herself, and if she couldn’t do it physically, then she would seek knowledge instead.

Oddi could feel a change occurring within. Her eyes were opening to new possibilities. She felt a sense of drive and direction. It was scary and exciting all at once.

“So as far as openin’ the box and not bein’ able to close it again, I get yer meanin’. Okay then, I’ll ask this, but I’ll keep it simple. What is the purpose of th’ Alliance? What do they believe? Ya gotta understand, I’ve lived mosta my life away from all th’ politics.”

@Jexz
    @Fly Your Flag
    @Croywn Denimore

16. Rao Quel Ran

Rao Quel Ran Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Fly Your Flag
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Rao’s eyebrow raised in curiosity at Carthus’ demonstration of gratitude toward his droid. He had never had a friendship like that outside of family, and especially not with a droid. Rao shrugged and just rolled with it and went along with his conversation with Oddi. As he posed his question to Carthus and listened to his answer, he scoffed at the ‘brain-damaged scholar’ remark.

“If I ever take up the academics, just put me out of my misery.”

With the allusions to Carthus’ past, the room was silent. Rao was not good with silences and didn’t know what to do in the moment. He considered asking if he was okay, but Carthus returned to the conversation. The mandalorian nodded in acknowledgement to their host’s statement about secrets and left the subject untouched.

The metaphorical tennis ball had bounced into Oddi’s court and she returned it to Rao with a simple, direct request. He could see that she was serious about this and had given it legitimate thought.

“The Galactic Alliance’ purpose is to challenge the Imperial rule and return the galaxy to it’s previous state of democracy. It’s made up of people from all walks and every corner of the universe that have one thing in common. They believe in democracy and freedom and the rule of law and everything that the mangy inbred dogs here on Coruscant have stolen from us…” By the end, the Quel Ran was spitting the last few words out with what sounded like real pain.

He eventually realized that he shouldn’t have gotten so angry in the moment. Leaning back, he raised a hand to his temple and lowered his gaze.

“Sorry. Wrong place, wrong time to get angry. Doesn’t do any good.”

@Croywn Denimore @Jexz @Zanna Black

17. Carthus Phoenix Kira

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Jexz
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Carthus remained silent during the back and forth between Oddi and Rau, it caused him to smile through all the same seeing at how Oddi was set on knowing what was going on. But also more than that on how she was going to do her own digging as well ultimately.

That was good, it was good to see that she wasn't going to just take the words of two people she had only met quite recently and be drawn in by them. That would serve her well given her connection to the force as well.

Carthus eyes then fell upon Rao, hearing how he went off almost on one, getting angry and having pain behind his words. Taking in a slow deep breath Carthus exhaled.

"What you can probably tell as well by all of this Oddi is that regardless of anything, sooner or later this war and conflict will affect us all in some way. Some of us have already been affected, others have yet to be. But I do promise you Rao that should the dreaded academics take hold of you, I shall take you out back and put a bolt between your eyes. Then I shall have your grave inscribed with "Here lays Rao, Philosopher, keeper of secrets, the wisdom of old" because well......it would be no fun without making people then start trying to wonder who this academic genius was"

Carthus grinned, in part, he hoped that the humor would raise the spirits some. Looking then back towards Oddi

"Oddi I have a place on Correllia if you ever need somewhere to crash that is outside of the whole conflict of Rebels and Empire your welcome to come by, that goes for you as well Rao should the situation call for it or you need a safe house. Just give me somewhat of a heads up if you can before dropping by"

With that Carthus took a datapad and entered in the details before ejecting two chips and holding them out towards the two.

"I suppose unless you have any more questions the last question is does anyone want a lift or to spend the night. I have a few rooms on the ship, well beds in one room, but they are all private. Got a top of the range shower and fresh towels"

18. Oddi Xon

Oddi Xon Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Zanna Black
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oddi’s eyes widened a little as Rao seemed to lose his cool at the mere mention of the Imperial Republic. Was it really like that? Nevertheless, she understood his anger. She had been denied a childhood thanks to the negligence of her family and her years of enslavement, with only a kloo horn and her cleverness to keep her spirit young. So yes, she knew all about loss. But there was a difference between having something snatched away and never having that thing to begin with, and she supposed that to know what you’re missing would only made the pain worse. “Sounds like some dark times there… guess I gots some history to research as well.” She looked at Rao with sympathy. “I respect the hell out of ya for standin’ up for what y’all believe. Who knows? Maybe someday I can help th’ cause!”

Carthus had been trying to lighten the mood, and Oddi reckoned that it was a reflection of his philosophy on life. She smiled at his attempt with appreciation, mostly for Rao’s sake. “Ah, so ya got a little hidey-hole on Corellia, huh? Okay, if I ever wind up there an’ somethin’ goes awry I jus’ may take ya up on that offer. You never know what might happen.” Then there was the offer to drive off-planet. She stroked her chin in contemplation. She had no doubt that she would enjoy traveling with Carthus. But something nagged at her… a feeling… like her time on this planet wasn’t quite finished. She didn’t know where it was coming from, but being an impulse-driven clawdite, she couldn’t ignore the nag. “I admit that I’m very tempted, an’ yer ship is absolutely lovely, but I think I want to start my search here first. I mean, I know that it’s an Imperial planet, but I hear they have huge libraries with incredible databases. And besides… I don’t know what it is, but I feel like there’s somethin’ else here waiting fer me. Don’t get me wrong… I think you’d be a hoot to hang out with, and I get th’ feelin’ that I’ll catch up with ya sooner than later. I… jus’ need to do this thing.” She had this expression on her face, as if she was seeing into something that wasn’t quite there. But then she seemed to snap out of it. “However, a room for the night might be jus’ what I need fer the time bein’. So I’ll accept that. Much appreciated!”

@Jexz
    @Fly Your Flag
    @Croywn Denimore