1. The timeline Fires of Rebellion is ending December 14, 2019, followed by three weeks of an epilogue period for stories to conclude. The new timeline will launch on January 4, 2020.

 Ask  Event The Herald

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by The Storyteller, Jul 3, 2019.

  1. Eithni Vala Stark

    Eithni Vala Stark Character

    Independent
    Level 3
    2,011

    Shadow Witch
    Messages:
    337
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    So far so good, no need for paddling around, they could continue. Eithni felt the nudged from her Skuld and looked up at the warrior with a questioning look. The young witch nodded, still with her bow in hand, ready for anything nasty. It was true, she most likely was the only one who has had experience with things that was similar to undead corpses, thanks to her nightsister culture. Last time, however a long time ago, her mother, the matriarch of clan Draoidh, had performed and shown that kind of power. Though she, herself, wasn't caple of raising the dead yet, she couldn't wait to get stronger and one day gain the rank of elder or maybe matriarch of her own clan one day.

    Still, she enjoyed her time with Skuld, even in this creepy place. "I am not a child, I'm a Shadow Witch" repeated Eithni, adding the last part, as she followed behind Skuld, bow at the ready for anything lurking in the shadow. What the other two did, was not really a concern for her, as she didn't really know them. Well, the mean red-skinned Sith, she really couldn't care less about, but the other one, the male, was just because she didn't know him.


    @Korvo @christhebarker @Nefieslab @Killa Ree @Painus
     
  2. Uhtred Wardruna

    Uhtred Wardruna Character

    Independent
    Level 2
    1,286

    Deucalian Battle-Master
    Messages:
    177
    OCC Account:
    Korvo
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Uhtred hadn't gone far before he'd heard a familiar voice beckon him to return. On his way back down, Uhtred stared in a kind of paradoxical acceptance of confusion as he observed the impossible-to-miss corpse of Magnus, now dismembered even more than he was a few seconds earlier. At this point, he was resolved to not even try and attempt to make sense of anything that was happening; he'd just go with it.

    A glowstick just ahead was a beacon along their path, and Uhtred followed Tagal up ahead. All the same, he did happen to hear that one of their companions was a witch... between both of his cultural upbringings and the very-much arcane nature of their current events, he wasn't sure how he felt about that, but he wasn't about to let it distract him, either.

    "Down a trap door", Uhtred muttered, getting his bearings. "Isn't this the kind of thing people are normally supposed to avoid?"

    @Painus @Raven_41 @christhebarker @Nefieslab @Killa Ree
     
  3. Zarya

    Zarya Character

    Sith Order
    Level 2
    782

    Sith Acolyte
    Messages:
    75
    OCC Account:
    Christhebarker
    Character Profile:
    Link
    lady? Is that an ounce of respect she heard come from the Deucalian she thought, it was certainly an improvement from being called girl earlier.

    Zarya turned to change her course to the new way forward, she would proceed to the front of the pack, since she had the brightest light source outside of the chem lights being thrown out by the Mandalorian, which he seemed to have an indefinite amount on him.

    The words "nothing ventured, nothing gained." left Zarya's mouth and echoed around in response to the murmurs of Wardruna at the back, her crimson blade lighting up the ebony darkness ahead of them in a red glow.

    @Painus @Killa Ree @Nefieslab @Korvo @Raven_41
     
  4. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    2,490
    Likes Received:
    1,214
    The Herald heard the door open, he wasn't pleased, but he wasn't too upset that the group had figure out the trap in order to move on through his home. He would never give them the credit they deserved, as expected, some where more clever than the others, but regardless, they were entirely a fine group to stay with him and his lovely home. His thoughts drifted as he began to wonder what could use some new decor, a scalp rug would be nice, or intestines drapped along the wall for the rats to feast, he always loved seeing that. There were so many options, but first, he needed them.

    The trap door opened, and who seemed to take lead (@Nefieslab) threw a glow rod ahead to make sure nothing else was of threat, and things were indeed quiet for now. If they chose to move forward, though there was no other option really; they could stay put, but the longer they resided in this home, the more they will become a permanent resident. Once they all made it through the door with Tagel, it would seal behind them, forcing the group to continue forward; this hall seemed more narrow, comprised primary of stone, moist and thick to the touch, but entirely no light except for the glow rod or ignited sabers that provided the artificial light would be available, it would be entirely reasonable the moisture was blood of some being, or perhaps the house itself. Regardless as they continued through the narrow hall (no more than 3 grown human males could stand side by side in the width of the hall), they would see shadows darker than the air itself move from one wall to another and sounds of scratching echoed off the stone.

    The one who spoke of being a shadow witch (@Raven_41) would feel her hair flip behind her head as a voice whispered child...., but if she turned to look, no one was present other than those in her group.

    Eventually, the group would see a pin hole of light, and as they approached closer in a seemingly calm, albeit spooky, hallway, a door would be at the end of the hall and the light that shone through was through the keyhole that kept the door sealed. If the group observed closely, the keyhole would darken, then light once more shined through, it would repeat this process until the group was close enough a boney finger came through the hole, beckoning the group to come.

    If they turned the handle, the door was locked, if they tried forcing the door down by shoulder or weapon it would not budge as it too was protected by dark magic. While they tried to figure out, the shadow witch would feel her hair flip again and if their attention turned to the other end of the hall, the shadow witch would see who the source of her spooky annoyance was.



    @Killa Ree @Korvo @christhebarker @Nefieslab @Raven_41
     
    Raven_41 likes this.
  5. Eithni Vala Stark

    Eithni Vala Stark Character

    Independent
    Level 3
    2,011

    Shadow Witch
    Messages:
    337
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Not much happened as they went down the corridor, sliding through the shadow, pushing it away with their light. Just as soon as they pushed the shadow away in the front, the light in the back got slowly devoured by the shadow again. Walking beside Skuld, Eithni still had her bow and was ready to attack if any monsters tried anything.

    Eithni felt the cold and every alarm clocks ran through her mind to turn around and then the creepy whispering voice. Not taking any chances, she with lightning speed turned around with a fully drawn energy arrow, "who's there?!" But nothing was there, then the repeated fill of pitch-black darkness in front of her eyes. If they others kept on moving, Eithni would run back, so she stayed within the light and close to Skuld.

    If the others stayed she gave them all a small sheepish smile, "thought I heard a voice, guess it was nothing" and kept on moving with the group again.

    When they came to the door, it was locked... Of course, it was locked, why was nothing ever easy with spooky houses?! Then she felt the cold feeling again like something was touching her neck as her hair flipped again. She whipped around, bow drawn and saw a monstrosity in the other end. But, instead of screaming like any other teenage girl, Eithni would fire her arrow, lighting up its path through the whole corridor for just a second.

    "Skuld!" Called the young girl, to get the warrior woman's attention towards the other end of the corridor. If the arrow hit the~ thing, at the other end of the corridor electricity would spread through the entire beings mass with a paralyzing effect. Well, that is what would happen to normal beings, but you never knew with The Herald's monsters, so Eithni fired another arrow right after the other just as fast, lighting up the corridor as it flew through it.


    @Korvo @christhebarker @Nefieslab @Killa Ree @Painus
     
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Killa Ree, GABAdactyl and Darasaurus like this.
  6. Eva 'Skuld' Stark

    Eva 'Skuld' Stark Character

    Independent
    Level 3
    3,084

    BIT Chief Engineer
    Messages:
    379
    OCC Account:
    KillaRee
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Call it gut instinct, keen mother instinct or simply just good sense; there was no hesitation between the moment Eithni called her name and she had swung around. Eithni's bow was a signature sound; already her rifle swung about with her body, the second brief pulse of light arrow enough to illuminate her sights to aim a two-burst round at the creature's head and neck, exhaling to bark out orders.

    "Sith, Wardruna, check above! Saxon, guard," she ordered crisply, already prepared to release another burst if the creature wasn't somehow stunned by Eithni's two shots. The bony beckoning finger was no doubt a damned good lure. but she had learned something early on.

    The Herald really liked monstrosities to never be alone.

    The Sith's lightsaber could illuminate in case there were enemies above; somehow she didn't doubt it. Call it a gut feeling... or one too many watched holovids. But she was tired of karking around in this mother-karking basement, in this mother-karking mansion.

    @Nefieslab @Painus @Korvo @christhebarker @Raven_41
     
    Raven_41 likes this.
  7. Tagal Saxon

    Tagal Saxon Character

    Independent
    Level 2
    1,914

    BIT Managing Director
    Messages:
    401
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

    Tagal really marking hated this place.

    Gritting his teeth, he advanced down the corridor with his rifle up at the ready. The door sealing behind them was, honestly, rather expected so he didn't so much as flinch. It was something that he was going to have to take up with the man who owned this place.

    When the spooky kark went down?

    Tagal whirled to face the threat and fired three times at the creature before scanning the area around them to see if there was anything else. If there was then they would get a trio of shots too.

    And if he hit the girl...?

    The hell did he care?
     
  8. Uhtred Wardruna

    Uhtred Wardruna Character

    Independent
    Level 2
    1,286

    Deucalian Battle-Master
    Messages:
    177
    OCC Account:
    Korvo
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Uhtred cursed under his breath. He had nothing on him that could produce a sustained source of light, and the longer the group remained trapped in the mansion, the more Uhtred wished he'd invested in something of the like.

    As Uhtred continued the expedition down the narrowing hall, which itself was more or less entirely enveloped in perpetual dark, the only real light came from the Sith and Tagal, with occasional additional intervention by the witch. But in a way, that almost made things worse; with the scarcity of illumination, it almost seemed like the shadows in their proximity took on a life of their own. Eventually, the corridor came to its end, where the only thing remaining was a door. It was almost too-typical, this. At least, it was until a finger stuck its way through the key hole and wagged them on.

    "ᛏᚺᚨᛏ'ᛋ ᛃᚢᛋᛏ ᚨᛚᛚ ᚴᛁᚾᛞᛋ ᛟᚠ ᚹᚱᛟᚾᚷ", Uhtred muttered, visibly disgusted at the display. All things considered, though, it was still fairly tame... which of course meant, it wasn't to last.

    The witch sounded off first, then came the orders and the sound of violence, albeit in a subdued state. From what he could tell, the witch was the only one in a confrontation. Nevertheless, Uhtred took aim with his lockbow and rapidly began scanning the ceiling above, searching for any potential additional dangers. He'd had enough of surprises.

    Uhtred didn't like surprises.


    @GABA @Killa Ree @Nefieslab @Raven_41 @christhebarker
     
    Raven_41 likes this.
  9. Zarya

    Zarya Character

    Sith Order
    Level 2
    782

    Sith Acolyte
    Messages:
    75
    OCC Account:
    Christhebarker
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The corridor was just about what she expected from this place now, little to no light, things seemingly lurking in the shadows and anticipation so thick she could cut it with her lightsaber.

    Things were quiet in the corridor though it seemed the little witch was paranoid or crazy, although everyone here could be called the same for even stepping foot in this cursed place, so she would reverse her judgement until this madness has ended.

    For what seemed forever, her lightsaber lit the end wall, revealing the door that blocked there way and the boney finger that beckoned to follow through the door, she tried the handle to no avail, it was warded by same magic as before. That's when she heard the little witch call out for her companion, turning towards where all the attention was now focused before she could move blaster bolts were flying, she decided to stay put in guard position remain aware of rest of the space around them, as moving forward toward beast seemed like a good way to get a blaster bolt to the back of the head.


    @GABA @Killa Ree @Nefieslab @Korvo @Raven_41
     
  10. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    2,490
    Likes Received:
    1,214
    The Herald let out a long sigh that sounded his annoyance while he glanced at the pocket chrono before shoving it back in his robes and out of sight. He turned on his heel and grabbed a dusty bottle of wine, his motions slowing down as he carefully poured it into a goblet, but hastily emptied the cup, never minding the burgundy liquid that dripped from the corners of his mouth. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as he reached to pour another, he need patience, he had used so much of it up until this point and he just needed to wait a little bit longer. Though, that was not going to be permitted in his plan as he heard the scraping of flesh against stone as one of his creations dragged itself to the ritual room.

    "Master, itsss time..." it hissed and gave a bow, but The Herald just starred at the creature, he was trying to decide to destroy it or torture the trapped soul inside, but for all reasons, because he knew it was right. It was following orders, and The Herald cleared his throat and finished pouring another glass of wine.

    "Very well. Is everything loaded?" he asked and then drained the goblet.

    "Yes, master, come, for he calls."

    Though The Herald adored the home he created, there was no denying he must follow his own masters. He could always find more servants, the galaxy was full of potentials and he doubted the group that he tormented now would have been a waste. Hell, they didn't even have the manners to finish a meal; undoubtedly someone else would find them and their ends would be met probably less painful than he would have allowed it. The Herald followed his grotesque servant down the hall and into a private hanger where his ship awaited and wasted no time leaving the castle to crumble into the grave it deserved.

    Elsewhere...

    Trapped in the dark hallway the group encountered their creature, the arrows that the witch fired did not piece the creature exactly, instead it flew through its body, like a rod through clay, and it didn't seem to really effect it. The blaster shots were slightly improved, causing the creature to stop and scream as the energy weapon charred its skin, but it didn't seem to slow it all, and instead started charging at the group. However, as they would notice as the creature ran, pieces began to fall from it as though it were crumbling - an odd turn given their weapons didn't look as though it did much damage, but they would feel the castle tremble, a death rattle shook the halls. The door behind them fell to the floor and the creature that was once on the other side laid in pieces, representing a pile of leaches, snails and slugs but they seemed to be of no threat also.

    The real threat was certainly the castle, as The Herald had taken off in his craft, the dark magic was withdrawing from the estate and it was undoubtedly noticeable; the group would have to find an exit quickly before they would find their graves together, never escaping entirely. They would have an easier time creating their own exits with only a collapsing structure to be concerned about.



    /Exit Thread

    @Nefieslab @Raven_41 @Killa Ree @Korvo @christhebarker

    Feel free to post your escapes and the last may /end thread it!
     
  11. Tagal Saxon

    Tagal Saxon Character

    Independent
    Level 2
    1,914

    BIT Managing Director
    Messages:
    401
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

    Well kark.

    The castle was beginning to fall apart and the creature was... well it was weird. He wasn't sure why it was the way it was but he honestly didn't care that much. Tagal had long since come to the conclusion that he was far too sensible for this kind of place. This place was madder than a Jedi gatecrashing a Sith party and just as likely to involve some blood and tears by the end of the night all things considered.

    The castle was going to be a karker to leave safely...

    "FOLLOW ME."

    With his bellow, Tagal charged through the doorway, sparing a shot to flash fry the slugs because he was of the school of thought that it was better to be safe than sorry. Charging onwards, he was aiming not for any particular exit that was prepared but rather for the largest section of wall that looked sturdy.

    "Tagal to galleon! Tagal to galleon!" he commed through his helmet to his waiting ship, "Shite has hit the fan. Zero in on the wall closest to my co-ordinates and blast it down - come in for extraction."

    Activating his shield, Tagal knelt down to give the shield better coverage, dragging Uhtred behind him to cover him as well, before the wall exploded from blaster fire. Rocks hit his shield but bounced off as the galleon hovered as close to the ground as it could, ramp lowered.

    "ON THE SHIP."

    He led the dash for the ship and once enough of them were onboard he would leave - he'd had enough of this planet.


    /Exit Thread
     
    GABAdactyl and Killa Ree like this.
  12. Eva 'Skuld' Stark

    Eva 'Skuld' Stark Character

    Independent
    Level 3
    3,084

    BIT Chief Engineer
    Messages:
    379
    OCC Account:
    KillaRee
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Stranger things had been seen, apart from this creepy castle, but it left several questions in Skuld's mind. Particularly where the kark that man was that sent her to this place... and how many ways she could carve him with her ax before he would stop screaming. Though that thought was cut short when both creatures seemingly dissolved to nothing more than shambling, decaying corpses, and she recalled the last time this happened.

    Looks like the Herald cut out early. And if that man was leaving..

    The creaking building confirmed her suspicions.

    "...Kark this," she groaned softly, clenching her jaw. She knew she was never going to hear the end of this if they made it out anyhow, but they had to at least get out of here before the castle decided it wanted more bones in its' walls. She charged after Tagal, then took cover behind Uhtred, grabbing Eithni by the wrist to drag her unceremoniously along. The witch could probably handle herself; she seemed capable enough to survive anyways.

    Her own shield activated just in time as she crouched, rocks pummeling the surface as she did.

    She sprinted after Saxon, still dragging along the little Dathomiri witch; she picked the girl up, slinging her light weight over one shoulder as she charged through, and thank the Gods there was no more pouring acid rain to contend with, only the rapid sprint ahead and the waiting ship.

    The building shuddered again behind her, but it was too late to spare a glance back. One could only hope the other two would keep up; she had enough on her hands to begin with, Eithni would just have to find her own way back to wherever she came from.

    But the moment she made it, she knew she would never hear the end of this, and no explanation would ever clear the sound, and deserving, tongue-lashing she would get for this amount of kriff. She just wanted a few moments of peace, and to thank whatever Gods were listening before getting it.

    /Exit Thread
     
    Raven_41 and GABAdactyl like this.
  13. Eithni Vala Stark

    Eithni Vala Stark Character

    Independent
    Level 3
    2,011

    Shadow Witch
    Messages:
    337
    OCC Account:
    Raven_41
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Eithni just stood there by Skuld and couldn't quite figure it out, she hit it dead on! Two times, but the damn arrows just went through it, what?! The blaster shots seemed to stop the monstrosity in its track for a moment, but even that was only for a few seconds. The nightmarish creature began to charge their group, which made the witch back and hide a bit behind Skuld. The threat from the monster just out of nowhere suddenly didn't seem like just a big deal, as not only was it in a way melted away to small creatures, but the whole building was falling apart!

    Eithni jumped a bit to the side, to dodge some debride above her by levitating away. The moment she started levitated, she felt someone grab her wrist, she released a quick surprised "eep!" as she got pulled through the air. She could feel the impact from the soundwaves when the explosion came and a mix of building pieces and large rocks hammering at Skuld's shield, falling over or down beside the shield. It might not be the best moment, but Eithni couldn't help it as she kind of froze, but not from fright, but from her blinding starstruck of how cool and awesome Skuld was.

    She snapped out of her frozen starstruck state when she got slung over Skuld's shoulder. It was crazy to watch everything happened behind them, as Skuld charged for the ship ramp, Eithni could see how the whole mansion and area they were in just crumbled as if a massive earthquake passed through it.

    When they got on the ship in one piece and Eithni got down, she immediately hugged the warrior woman as if she had been her mother and then she went into a fangirling state, telling Skuld how amazing and cool she had been inside the mansion and then at the end of her rambling, she thanks woman for saving her with a big grinning smile.

    How she would get on from this, was of no concern to her right at this moment, but was sure to be a thing she would figure out, when the opportunity arrived


    /Exit Thread
     
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Killa Ree likes this.
  14. Zarya

    Zarya Character

    Sith Order
    Level 2
    782

    Sith Acolyte
    Messages:
    75
    OCC Account:
    Christhebarker
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Zarya looked up at the ceiling above as the shudder passed through the castle, watching cracks grow and cascades of dust pour from them, she didn't argue when the Mandalorian asked to follow him.

    Followed close behind the Mandalorian, dodging falling debris and occasionly slicing it when she didn't have time to dodge until they came across a large wall she didn't know what Mandalorian was planning but it best happened quickly it seemed the build would fall any moment, next thing she knew the wall exploded into a dozen pieces, she created a force barrier if front her to deflect the pieces that came towards her. She wasted no time jumping onto the ship and into safety.

    A sense of shame came over Zarya, not an hour ago she threatened this Mandalorian's life, now he was responsible for saving her's, This was not the women she was raised to be. she walked past him and in a hushed voice said the words.

    "Thank you"

    /Exit thread
     
    Raven_41 and Killa Ree like this.
  15. Uhtred Wardruna

    Uhtred Wardruna Character

    Independent
    Level 2
    1,286

    Deucalian Battle-Master
    Messages:
    177
    OCC Account:
    Korvo
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Oh, Uhtred didn't have to hear the rallying cry twice. In situations like this, he never did. As several others ran ahead of Uhtred and followed Tagal's lead, Uhtred mounted his lockbow and took off, ensuring everyone else made it through.

    Of course, that didn't stop him from putting his all in the fleetness of his steps, racing ahead without a care of who he might have left in his wake. Right now, it didn't matter who was faster or slower, just that everyone was on the move, already.

    He was ready to go. He was well past-ready to go. As Tagal yelled his orders into his com, he yanked Uhtred suddenly, bringing him behind his shield as the wall detonated. But, the Battle-Master wasn't about to complain; in this place, jarring help beat being left out to become Human cheese for the debris to pelt.

    All the same, Uhtred had never been so kriffing glad to see a ship than he had now. Even so, the situation was exhausting.

    "KARK AN IBIC ZAKKEG OSIK!", Uhtred snarled, flying ahead to Tagal's ship. They couldn't get the hell out of here quick enough.

    "And you said this fierfek would be 'fun'...", Uhtred said, having ripped off his helmet and giving a fouled stare toward Stark. Only thing he knew now was that he would need to get wasted after this.

    /END THREAD
     
    Killa Ree and Raven_41 like this.