Technology Satyr Blaster Carbine

Discussion in 'Databank' started by Darasuum, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub/Plotting Mod Plot Moderator

[​IMG]

CBC 1 - Satyr Blaster Carbine

AFFILIATION
    Open Market

MANUFACTURER
    Bellica Works Incorporated

SIZE
    27 cm folded
    47 cm w/ stock

WEIGHT
    2.1 kg

COMPOSITION
    Durasteel, Plastics
    WEAPON TYPE
    Blaster Rifle

DAMAGE TYPE
    Medium

AMMUNITION CAPACITY

FIRE SELECTOR
    Semi Automatic Only

MAX RANGE
    50 m optimal
    75 m falloff

DESCRIPTION
    The Satyr blaster carbine might easily be mistaken for a large blaster pistol. This was not the original intent of its designers but is an appropriate assumption given its background. Afterall CBC stands for Compact Blaster Carbine. Taking the most rudimentary parts needed for a functioning blaster carbine and stripping away almost everything else Bellica Works Inc. came up with the end product of the Satyr. So simple is the design and cheap to make is that there is no point in making knock offs.

Manufactured with a folding stock and iron sights it is a straightforward and uncomplicated weapon. Loops for a sling come as well though the strap must be purchased seperatly. Holsters are available though patrons have reported easier drawing with the removal of the folding stock (as pictured above). The original target demographic for the weapon were for professional clients who had a limited budget and wanted something more than just a pistol while at the same time didn’t have to worry about the complications of larger weaponry. The light weight and small dimensions make it ideal for urban use or confined environments. The Satyr is commonly used on space station security teams and personal protection.

While there are pulse wave pistols of similar size the Satyr sacrifices stopping power for a larger ammo capacity. Compared to other long-blasters this isn’t a large amount. At the same time this gives it better accuracy over long distances. However compared to other carbines it has a shorter optimal range but still makes it better than a pistol. It should be noted that the advertised characteristics are when the folding stock is in use. Because of its rugged and reliable design the CBC - 1 does not negate the recoil that other blaster carbines have unless properly braced. Unless exceptionally skilled the range and falloff are halved without use of the folding stock. Still this has not stopped buyers from removing the folding stock for easier carrying.

LEGALITY
    Legal in most systems and sometimes may require a permit.

INTENT
    Smaller characters might require smaller weapons to fit their needs. Most blasters are either full rifles while others are just pistols. There is only one other carbine at the time of this submission but this design is still smaller and is also capable of being folded and unfolded without sacrificing other characteristics too greatly.

ADVANCED TECH
    NO

Mazianni and Drav like this.
  2. TWD26

TWD26 Member

I like this, I think it could honestly be a genetech weapon. I also have two carbines in genetech that I made.

3. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub/Plotting Mod Plot Moderator

It was borderline for me. I wasn't sure because I didn't want the impression that I was trying to get around the rules for blaster pistols because this could almost be used as one depending on the person which is why i'm submitting it for the most part.

4. Loco

Loco Tech Admin / Site Mascot RP Administrator

I'll say the folding stock makes it non-generic, but this looks good. Approved.

Darasuum likes this.