1. A new timeline set some 500 years after the events of the current timeline will be launched on December 15th!

Samaria Bell

Discussion in 'Character Archives' started by anzat17, Jul 11, 2018.

1. anzat17

anzat17 And all that jazz

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. Relent

Relent Senior Character Mod Character Moderator

@anzat17

Alright, so no offense here but it took me about two minutes to deduce that this profile is almost a word-for-word rip of Rukia from Bleach. Here's an excerpt from Rukia's Bleachwiki page on her appearance:

This phrase appears nearly verbatim in your profile. As well as:

Except you changed a couple words around and swapped nobility for Jedi.

The biography itself isn't as strongly stolen from Rukia but it does contain very glaring parallels (growing up alone, eventually being adopted by a noble (jedi) and his wife, the wife dying, etc)

I'm short on time here but I don't think my deductions are very refutable. You will need to completely overhaul this character's bio, personality and appearance to at least be written in your own words. Failure to do this will result in archival of this character. I'll check back here sometime this weekend.

Let me know if this is something you want to do or if I should just archive it now.

Please keep in mind that ripping characters from other media is very against the rules here, and if this is something that becomes a trend further action may be taken.

3. anzat17

Not going to refute that I did heavily base her on rukia. It's pretty obvious like you said. Seeing as how I've already started with her I'm not wanting her to be archived but it'll take me a little while to redo everything. Maybe end of tonight at worst. And I didn't intend to "rip her off" per say. Just wanted a Jedi version of rukia. I'll revamp the profile here in a bit and you can tell me if enough changes were made. Also to be honest I did not know that kinda pallet swapping characters wasn't allowed but I don't think this will become a trend. I'm just sort of unoriginal I guess, I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes in doing so.

@Relent

4. Relent

Relent Senior Character Mod Character Moderator

You’re alright, chalk it up to mistakes made and nothing more.

Feel free to tag me when you edit her.

anzat17 likes this.
  5. anzat17

Just go ahead and archive her @Relent I don't think i have the imagination to make this work without drawing inspiration from her character and I feel like I'm not going to either. Don't want to waste anyone's time just get rid of it was a stupid idea to begin with

@Aberforth go ahead and delte the the subaccount for her too. And alecander juat delete them both. Thabk you