1. The timeline Fires of Rebellion: Epilogue is ending January 4, 2020. The new timeline will launch when the Epilogue ends.

Location Pit 708-4

Discussion in 'Approved Site Lore' started by AutoFox, May 2, 2019.

1. AutoFox

AutoFox Tech Mod/Tech Archiver Tech Moderator

PERSONAL LORE
    [​IMG]

PIT 708-4

DESCRIPTION
    Pit 708-4 is a small asteroid mine in the Naos system, grid coordinates S-18. The mine originally extracted kiirium ore, but was tapped out centuries ago, leading to its closure. The leftover mine works were subsequently used by the Ossein as a supply cache, although by approximately the time of the Sith ascendancy, this practice too had ended.

A small part of the base was briefly occupied by the Ossein Jazaq known as Eice Frex, who used it as a base of operations in her attempt to find the lost planet Agorax. Eice left behind computer records containing the coordinates, intended for one of her descendants to find, although all other potentially useful artifacts she left behind were degraded beyond repair by centuries of neglect.

Pit 708-4 is composed of a large nickel-kiirium asteroid, though all but traces of its kiirium content have been removed by mining. The asteroid's most prominent external features consist of a tower structure that contains the mine's main entrance, as well as a hangar bay, an overseer deck from which the mine and surrounding space can be monitored, accommodations for miners including sleeping berths, a mess hall and recreational facilities including a small holotheater and cantina. There is also communications gear, sensors and a light deflector shield capable of repelling space debris that may threaten the mine. Attached to the tower is a fusion power station, as well as a dome which contains what was once a well-ordered hydroponics facility, but which has become more or less a thicket after centuries of neglect. Miraculously, the mine's power and life support systems still function. The station possesses no armaments.

The station's hangar bay is designed to accommodate about a half dozen shuttles or light freighters, or twice that many starfighters. The hangar is connected to the mine shaft, however, and significantly more vessels of similar size can be moved down into the tunnels, although launching any craft from there is considered impossible to do quickly. Ships too large to fit in the hangar bay can also dock externally at various points on the tower and asteroid.

The asteroid the station occupies is honeycombed with tunnels, these being the abandoned mine works. Although nearly all useful mining equipment was removed by scavengers centuries ago, the tunnels themselves represent space-tight usable areas suitable for all manner of activities, and are labyrinthine enough that they would take days to properly search. A sufficiently well prepared force could retreat into them and outlast a siege for weeks, barring efforts to actively demolish the asteroid. There are multiple entrances to the mine, as well, marked by airlocks and ore hoppers on the surface, the former often being used by ships delivering oversized loads.

Overall, Pit 708-4 is a spacious, if fairly bare-bones facility.

INTENT
    To create a base of operations for my character, Irma Kinton, in her continuing adventures. Would be acquired as the end result of a plot which brings closure to her long-running quest to learn the story of her ancestor, Eice Frex. The station is intended to be fairly bare-bones, mainly serving as a space for her to store and repair equipment, meet with friends and coordinate with allies.

2. Aberforth

Aberforth Technical/Org/S&P Admin Backend Administrator

Approved pending plot completion.

If the plot hasn't been completed in 60 days, this submission will be archived.

AutoFox likes this.
  3. AutoFox

@Aberforth

This plot is nearly completed, but is likely to take a few more days, and then must be evaluated. May I beg an extension to the deadline?

4. Logan

Logan Lore Administrator RP Administrator

You still have 31 days.

Ecclessey likes this.
  5. AutoFox

...I'm bad at math, apparently.

Ecclessey and Logan like this.
  6. AutoFox

7. Logan

Logan Lore Administrator RP Administrator