Ask  Lothal  Plot One Way or Another

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Jayscreec Alecwit, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Jayscreec Alecwit

Jayscreec Alecwit Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Imperial Agent
    OCC Account:
    Ediwa
    Character Profile:
    Link
    We've been able to keep pirates back thanks to their relatively limited assets. However our informants tell us that there are some advanced starfighters that are planned to be sold to a shady group on Lothal. There will be a black market auction for them though you can choose to just outright steal the starfighters or destroy them instead of purchasing.

[​IMG]

Lothal's pirates stood in the way of Imperial occupation. Them criminals are always around, but these sadists wanted to take it to the next level and purchase military-grade Starfighters. The Lieutenant of the Imperial Navy, Jayscreec Alecwit awaited in a rental safe-haven. Before he arrived, he heard his partner would be a Sith. Not the first time he worked with one. From his experience, the Sith were arrogant and lost in their personal emotions, instead of approaching obstacles tactically and overcoming them. Markov might be a wind of change. Hopefully.

Preliminary investigations already became useful. The auction was scheduled three days ahead, leaving plenty of time to sabotage the event. That was his task, making sure the ships won't end in wrong hands. Keen, Jayscreec wanted to know how these ships ended here. Perhaps investigating their logs would bring answers, if the circumstances allowed a peek.

Once with the Sith, Jayscreec introduced himself. "Here is the report's summary. The Navy's open to any solutions, from buying the ships to blowing them up. I am really curious who is selling the Starfighters. These pirates could end up imprisoned shoveling radioactive ruins, if they ever fire one of these." Jayscreec said. "We are doing them a favor."

@Markov Aletaus

2. Zan and Drali

Zan and Drali Character

Sith Empire
    Level 2

Sith Crusader
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

❅ THEME ❅
    The outer rim had been lawless, unhindered in its wilderness and lack of structure. Islands of civilization popped up in systems and on planets such as this. But there was still chaos in all of it. But that was some of the appeal in Drali's opinion. Too much structure and it was stifling.

So far the Crusader liked Lothal. It had that backwater planet feel to it. Dressed in her less traditional attire she had a rather pleasant smile on her face. Today she had forgone taking her sith sword. They were supposed to be going to some secretive auction for these starfighters. At least that was what the intelligence gathered had indicated.

In addition to her sword being left behind, the woman had also decided to leave her Laestein behind as well. It made for a much less obvious appearance though she felt rather good in her getup. No doubt the Deucalian's earned confidence and matching attractiveness would still draw some eyes. Drali was still tall compared to most women. At least this way she did not look like the overt warrior that she normally did.

Taking the information from the lieutenant she checked it over. This was her responsibility since it was Zandrali's campaign to begin with. As she read the report she walked away from him, then back towards him, pacing as also contemplating the best course of action. "What do you suggest Lieutenant?" It was good to hear advice and different angles in the planning stage before action was taken. In all honesty she was ready to just go ahead with it now.
    @Ediwa

3. Jayscreec Alecwit

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Imperial Agent
    OCC Account:
    Ediwa
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "So basically we can sabotage the starfighters," Jayscreec said. "But, we need to get in silently. A Duros named Hem Vam knows a secret underground passage. See the problem is the Hutt. A local crimelord's looking for him, so he is in hiding right now. Maybe we should start at the cantina, check if we can talk to the worm, and end the feud."

@Darasuum

4. Zan and Drali

Zan and Drali Character

Sith Empire
    Level 2

Sith Crusader
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

Listening to what the Imperial Agent had to say Drali began pacing back and forth slowly. Contempltating the different options a Deucalian humming tune came from her closed mouth. Raising a single finger the Crusader tapped her painted chin and pursed her lips. To match the image her eyes squinted a bit though did not focus on anything.

Finally Drali stopped and placed both hands on the planning table between them. "The way I see it is we have quite a few options. The only question is which one are we going to pick. So for one, we've go your idea. Sabotage the starfighters. To do that we make a deal with this Hem Vam guy. He'll require that we make things good between him and the Hutt." That was option number one.

"We could just out bid these guys at the auction of course." Literally just buy out the merchandise to keep it from the pirates. "On one hand we have to deal with a Hutt which is never pleasant and are dealing out favors...." Her face scrunched up like a little girl who had seen some bitter tasting food on her plate and her parents had told her she had to finish it or else she would not get any desert. "Just buying the starfighters is also going to take some credits, or at least faked wealth. Then that also means the pirates might just move onto some other ships and not really be out of the picture, just delayed."

Sighing she resumed pacing for a bit. There were other options too but those two seemed the best under the circumstances. Her hand reached up to the talisman around her neck. Rubbing it with an unfocused gaze aimed towards the wall she stopped with a decision. "We'll try it with sabotage. We can still try to purchase them at the auction if it doesn't work out but this way it will hopefully not cost any Imperial credits and get rid of the pirates for good."
    @Ediwa

5. Jayscreec Alecwit

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Imperial Agent
    OCC Account:
    Ediwa
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As Drali spoke Jayscreec's eyes opened widely. Unlike most people, he didn't listen to reply, he listened to understand. Nodding his head he agreed. "You are absolutely right. We can try the Hutt, and we still have enough time to change plans if that doesn't work out." The approach towards the Hutt stood undecided. If he asked something way out of line, together with the Sith they had other means to make an agreement. "I will prepare a speeder at once."

The two did not know really each-other yet, especially Jayscreec. He had no idea Zandrali had two personalities. So far she was pleasant company, also quite tall. "My name's Jay. I get to see a lot of different people. Now, it has become obvious why you lead this operation." Despite what it sounded like, the agent was really honest. He wanted to be fast-tracked in the command training program, so the Sith offered a onetime opportunity to learn something useful.

Outside the cantina a lot of tough patrons stood around. Occasionally they glanced at the newcomers, but they had no reason to suspect anything. Not yet. Jayscreec noticed the Hutt and his visitors. They shut the door right in front of them inside. The bartender hummed to himself, and starred at the duo, expecting their orders. "Looks like we got some time before we can talk to him. Would you like a drink?" Jayscreec flashed an innocent smile, like a bit of goodness broke free from his soul. At least the time should be spent well.

@Darasuum

6. Zan and Drali

Zan and Drali Character

Sith Empire
    Level 2

Sith Crusader
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

With the verdict made on the best course of action Drali would close down the planning and then followed Jayscreec and would wait for the speeder to be brought around. When he did he introduced himself by his first name and with a coomplement. The Crusader smiled. "Nice to meet you Jay. You can call me Drali if you want. Or Crusader Drali or Zandrali...or Swag-mistress. Yeah...I like that one a lot though it's probably not very professional." She contemplated whether it would look good in front of others to be called that.

Shrugging it off the two would soon arrive at the cantina where they would be meeting with the Hutt. After the vehicle stopped Drali climbed out and looked towards the grizzled street thugs that stood outside. This was Lothal, a backwater planet with relatively little underworld presence but there were always criminals no matter where one went and they tended to attract one another.

Walking into the bar she stared back at those looking her up and down. Some probably saw her as a simple woman, others a new being being of strength and power that was alien to them but they seemed to just think Drali was just some strange offworlder. It took her a moment to remember she was not wearing her traditional garb and her accessories that would have hinted at her Deucalian background. They all probably she was just some other underworlder or traveler like themselves.

It appeared that the Hutt they were meeting with would be a moment. "If you're buying." She said with a smile and stopped at the bar casually. As they waited she kept looking around at the other patrons to get an understanding of the company in the vicinity. "What made you want to join." The woman asked as they waited for their beverages. Of course she was asking about the Sith Empire's military force. It was fine to make small talk while they killed some time.
    @Ediwa

7. Jayscreec Alecwit

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Imperial Agent
    OCC Account:
    Ediwa
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Sure." Once the bartender stepped to the counter, Jayscreec already picked what he would drink from the list. "I'd like a Moogan tea." Jayscreec said. "Drali?"

While thinking of what to answer, he figured there was no point to lie. Any soldier knew, she could reach out in the force and immediately know what's going on.
    "The military? Well. That's a good question," Jayscreec answered. "Most people are surprised. I'm an officer, they always expect something else. I will tell you the unofficial-- My version." He chuckled lightly. "Long story short, I was arrested for severe crimes. Really bad ones. But the war was going on. So, they knew I could handle myself, more or less I was offered prison or service. Then I just worked my way up." Jayscreec took a sip from his drink. "I like how it's going for me nowadays."

"This Moogan's nice, would you like to try it?"
    He offered his glass to Drali.

@Darasuum