Max Lyran

Discussion in 'Character Archives' started by Alhon, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Alhon

Alhon Member

[​IMG]

Biographical information

Homeworld
    Born

Saleucami
    6931 BBY (Aged 28)

Physical Description

Species
    Mass
    Hair color
    Eye color
    Skin color

Human/Shistavanen

Male
    1.92 meters
    97 kilograms
    Brown
    Amber
    Fair

Chronological and Political Information

Affiliation(s)

Rank
    Notable Campaigns

· Sith Empire
    ___· Shock Corps (ISC)

Lieutenant
    None recorded
    _
    Max Lyran

Excerpt · Biography · Personality and traits · Powers and abilities · Miscellaneous · Story

Maximillian Lyran, or Max, is a male Human/Shistavanen hybrid who serves as a Lieutenant in the Sith Empire’s Imperial Shock Corps.

Born on the planet Saleucami to human parents, Lyran was the subject of genetic experiments carried out by the Techno Union to splice his DNA with that of the wolf-like Shistavanen race. As a result, he has noticeably lupine features and possesses enhanced strength, speed and senses in excess of the standard human male.

Discovered by the Empire following its annexation of his homeworld, Lyran has conquered a troubled past to become a loyal and dedicated servant to the Empress and the Imperial cause. He is a capable warrior and an effective leader of men; ruthless, efficient and committed to bringing order to the Imperial territories.

_

Biography

Lyran was born to human parents, among the minority of human settlors on his dim and arid homeworld. Either before or shortly after his birth, his parents agreed to give him up, placing him in the care of the Techno Union; a powerful conglomerate conducting research on the planet. Whether the product of an unexpected pregnancy, or a drain on the family, Lyran has never learned why his parents surrendered him so easily.

Whatever the reason, it could never have justified what was to follow. The Techno Union had its own interests on Saleucami, specifically in the area of genetics. Looking to diversify its offering and push the boundaries of science, the company subjected Lyran and other newborns to extensive gene-splicing, looking to combine the best characteristics of several different races.

In Lyran’s case, his human DNA was spliced with that of the wolf-like Shistavanen, in an effort to imbue within him the strength, speed and martial prowess of that canine race. The experiment was largely successful, leading him to develop lupine features while retaining many of his human characteristics. With the mind of a man and the traits of the wolf, Lyran was a promising subject and the Techno Union handlers busied themselves for several years training and honing the young man into the weapon they hoped he could be.

Their plans were interrupted by the emergence of the Sith Empire, which quickly wrested control of the planet and seized the company’s research. Seeing firsthand Lyran’s capabilities, the Imperials decided to harness them for their own ends, inducting the young man first into the Defense Force and later into the Shock Corps. Freed from a childhood of captivity and testing, Lyran was only too pleased to comply, finding a new purpose in the clear and ordered world of Imperial military doctrine.

Educated, valued and respected by his new Imperial masters, Lyran finally found a sense of belonging that had eluded him for many years. Proud to serve a strong leader like Empress Andraste, Lyran pledged himself to the service of her Empire and the furtherance of its rule across the galaxy.

Personality and Traits

More reared than raised, Lyran is first and foremost obedient. Having been conditioned to obey the scientists and handlers of his youth, he is very trusting of authority and has always seen himself as the faithful servant of others. He is typically quiet and respectful, inclined to defer to those of power, and often displays a humility and meekness that belie his size and strength. Comfortable doing the bidding of his superiors, he relishes the clear direction and sense of purpose offered by military life. Relatively uncomplicated, his parentage and past life do not weigh him down unduly.

Inwardly, Lyran is not unintelligent, possessing a sharp mind and low cunning that are well suited to hunting and killing the enemy. But there is no question that his laboratory upbringing and regimented training have stunted the growth of his wider emotional and interpersonal awareness. Narrowminded, naïve and ignorant of high culture, he is a blunt instrument that will need time and tempering to reach his full potential.

When engaged in combat or stressful situations, his lupine traits have been seen to be more pronounced. Battle stirs his primal instincts, making him confident, aggressive and more predatory in nature, exchanging his humanity for the snarls and sharp teeth of a wolf in the wild.

Skills and Abilities

Lyran has been trained in physical combat since an early age and as a result is a formidable opponent. Six foot three, broad shouldered and with the combined strength of man and wolf, he is most deadly at close quarters, where his enhanced strength and speed mean he can throw shoves and punches hard enough to break bones. His lupine fingernails are an inch long and sharpened to a point, capable of slashing exposed skin. Relishing the thrill of the close kill, Lyran is not above using these claws, or indeed his canine teeth, to sink deep into his enemies’ flesh.

The young soldier’s inherent martial prowess has now been supplemented with Imperial training, undertaken on Ziost. Highly competent with a range of vibroweapons, Lyran typically carries a sword and knife, with a smaller shiv concealed in a boot. He tends to forego heavy ranged weapons, relying on the men under his command, but he remains a decent shot with his SP-20 pistol if the need arises. His large frame is protected by a set of Shock Corps armour, reissued entirely in black.

Outside of combat, Lyran’s principal skills are confined to those developed during his time at the Imperial Academy, including leadership, outdoor survival and basic piloting. Though only a junior officer, Lyran has a mind for tactical matters and an increasing interest in the broader strategic picture. A competent leader of men, his ability to coordinate and inspire his comrades strengthens by the day.

Story

2. Alhon

Alhon Member

3. Raydo

Raydo Character Mod / Lord of Naps Character Moderator

Hey there,

So given this TL's early period in Star Wars history. I don't think gene experiments on this level would really be a thing. Honestly, this character works just fine but I will leave it up to you if you want to re-work the character that way or go a different route. Tag me when you decide or make the changes. Let me know if you have any questions!

4. Alhon

Alhon Member

@Raydo Thank you for the feedback.

Can I ask you to expand on why you feel genetic experiments/bioengineering would not be practised or happening, even on a small scale? I hear what you say regarding it being a relatively early period in galactic history, but if the general technology level has progressed to starships and the like then it seems reasonable to me that genes could be manipulated. Particularly by a tech conglomerate leading the field like the Techno Union.

That said, if it doesn't fit with the times then I will of course look at reworking the character. Simply giving him mixed parentage would completely change his outlook though, even if plausible.

What might be your view on the Shistavanen DNA becoming mixed with his own by accident, rather than design. His hybrid nature is unintended and unexpected; he could then be born something of a mongrel, rejected by his parents at that point and given over the Techno Union for study instead.

5. Raydo

Raydo Character Mod / Lord of Naps Character Moderator

I understand it definitely might impact the character but it's simply not something available this early on in SW history. As far as mixed parentage or some freak accident, Humans and Shistavanen are not compatible with one another (This was confirmed by an Admin as well).

As such there will need to be some revision of the character. Let me know if you have any more questions or are ready for me to take another look.

6. Alhon

Alhon Member

@Raydo Ok, well thank you for the reply. The concept of the character was a human with some wolflike attributes. Given the parameters you have set out, I cannot see that this character can be revised to fall within them. It would simply be a completely different character (I.e a Human).

The profile can therefore be archived. I will post separately to withdraw from the Imperial Gauntlet.