M-44/A Blast Cannon

Discussion in 'Technology Archives' started by Korvo, May 15, 2018.

1. Korvo

Korvo Storyweaver

[​IMG]

M-44/A BLAST CANNON

AFFILIATION
    Republic

MANUFACTURER
    Omolon Industries

SIZE
    48.7 centimeters

WEIGHT
    6.0 kilograms

COMPOSITION
    Titanium
    WEAPON TYPE
    Blaster

DAMAGE TYPE
    Medium

AMMUNITION CAPACITY

FIRE SELECTOR
    Burst

MAX RANGE
    50 meters

DESCRIPTION
    With a matte-black titanium casing, the M-44/A Blast Cannon is one of the primary weapons available to units of the Republic Special Forces. Designed by Omolon Industries, the M-44/A is a blast cannon, an energy weapon with a design similar to a shotgun slugthrower, containing many of the basic components found on blaster rifle weaponry. A mid-sized blaster weapon, the M-44/A was strictly regulated and utilized only by the Republic's elite.

With a far more limited range than most blaster weaponry, the M-44/A was designed to be a weapon of specific circumstances; close range combat, as it was capable to firing seven projectile bolts simultaneously, although could only contain five cartridges before needing to be reloaded, and had an maximum operative range of 50 meters. While the slightly heavy design granted the M-44/A increased force and penetrating power, it was also more difficult to wield and took more training to operate effectively.

LEGALITY
    Legal

INTENT
    Part of a series of weapons for use by Rancor Company, although could also be used by other soldiers in the Republic Special Forces.

ADVANCED TECH
    Nope (available only to members of the Republic Special Forces; otherwise plot needed)

Nor'baal likes this.
  2. Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light Dapper af New Members Mod New Members Moderator

Doesn't look like a generic weapon. And I think we decided on no scatter guns like this. Especially if each seven shots it fires per trigger pull does medium damage (that would need clarified)

The only scattergun we have at the moment approved pretty much is a pulse-wave blaster here. It fires shots but they are so tightly packed it's not impossible to deflect all of them with a lightsaber and won't instant kill you up close (unless you don't wear armor lol), and combined they only do one type of damage depending on the range from the target. You might be better off just reskinning that instead.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. Korvo

Korvo Storyweaver

I wasn't aware shotgun type weapons were a no-go (not a scattergun; dat's slugthrower). I couldn't find too many examples of blast cannons, so I just looked up Canon/Legends examples and then toned it down, just in case.

Since I had nothing to really compare it to, I decided to just throw it out and see what happens. (And it worked!) If it's thought of as unbalanced, I don't mind reducing whatever's necessary (for instance, idc if it just shoots three shots or something, or tightly packs em) to make it work, assuming the gun type isn't banned to begin with.

BUT! While we're on the subject, I just went with medium as I was under the assumption that it was the standard, and that was all the template provided on the matter iirc. Do the rules section elaborate?

4. AutoFox

AutoFox Tech Thread Superstar Tech Moderator

Generic tech is stuff that is a re-skinned version of something that was already approved, or something so utterly basic that it doesn't need approval. This submission is neither. In the future, please submit any items of this nature for formal approval.
    Also, we're not allowing anything smaller than a crew-served weapon to have automatic fire of any kind, burst mode included.
    Consider this a warning.
    Archived.

Loco likes this.