Advanced  Weapon "Lullaby" Heavy Blaster Pistol

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Wit, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Wit

Wit Beyond Measure

[​IMG]

"Lullaby" Heavy Blaster Pistol

Affiliation
    Black Market

Manufacturer
    Outlaw Techs

Size
    28.5 cm length

Weight
    2.5 kg

Composition
    Stamped Durasteel frame, chromium parts
    Weapon Type
    Heavy Blaster Pistol

Damage Type
    Heavy

Ammunition Capacity

Fire Selector
    Semi Automatic

Max Range
    25m

Description
    Like its sister project, the Violator, the Lullaby was also developed in the Arakyd Technology design labs. When the Violator's design was stolen, Arakyd Technology lost the Empire's trust and also the contract to build the Lullaby. A few were produced and sold in the civilian market, but the company was unable to put the weapon into mass production. But such was the popularity of the design that many an enterprising engineer in the black-market reverse-engineered its design and illegal clones began cropping up all over the Galaxy. Like all heavy weaponry of this type, the Lullaby trades range, accuracy, and capacity to greatly increase the destructive power of the fired beam. The blaster's bulky design housed a high capacity tibanna gas power cell cartridge, but the heavy demands of shot means that the weapon has a capacity of only 5 shots. But the beam it does produce could knock over a Bantha. The powerful beams also take a heavy toll on the Lullaby's body and the blaster deteriorates at a much faster rate than standard blasters. But despite its heavy recoil and difficulty of use, the weapon has made a small but dedicated market for itself. Part of it being due to the Lullaby being one of the few heavy blasters which include a low-to-heavy powered adjustable stun setting.

Legality
    Heavy Blasters are highly destructive and therefor highly illegal in all moderately civilized system, including all of Sith space. While not as heavily legislated against as disruptors, getting caught with a heavy blaster pistol in the wrong place can still land you a healthy sentence working a spice mine on Kessel.

Intent
    To provide a more advanced heavy blaster with the added stun mode.

Advanced Tech
    YES. These weapons and others like the, are highly expensive and often difficult to find, requiring special brokers or well connected arms dealers. 2-3 tech plot threads of appropriate risk are required to obtain one.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Lazy Swordsman and Nor'baal like this.
  2. AutoFox

AutoFox Tech Mod/Tech Archiver Tech Moderator

I would prefer you not use a prop taken directly from the movies.

3. Wit

Wit Beyond Measure

I can swap it out once home, anything else I should change while at it?

4. Wit

Wit Beyond Measure

5. AutoFox

AutoFox Tech Mod/Tech Archiver Tech Moderator

So, upon further review, I'm not sure what the point of this weapon is. It seems to be inferior in ammo capacity to the existing Renegade heavy blaster pistol, and so could probably just be a reskin.

As such, I am moving it to gentech.

So the stun setting has been pointed out to me. However, I still approve it, so it is being moved again as such.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Lazy Swordsman likes this.