Leaving Hoth

Discussion in 'The Story' started by Nora Alemanii, Aug 19, 2018.

  1. Nora Alemanii

    Nora Alemanii Character

    Independent
    Level 1
    0

    Messages:
    143
    OCC Account:
    Black Noise
    The evacuation hadn't fully started, not yet. The Claws were still organizing their men and women and planning out the best strategy to secure a base on Rothana. However, in regards to Nora and her companions, the time to leave was immediate. She had a plan to secure a foothold on the outer rim world of Ruusan in order to widen the Deucalian sphere of influence.

    This would be the first step in acquiring that foothold. Having gathered a few friends with her, now all that remained was to load resources on her personal freighter and the ships that her companions brought. In addition, she had asked Telunaris to go out and retrieve a group of Deucalians to come with them to help establish the base, preferably men and women that weren't a fan of the cold.

    Telunaris was the perfect choice for that, just as everyone knew Nora, everyone had grown to know the man called 'Magnus' and they respected him. They would listen to him. Carrying a crate of weapons in her arms, Nora made her way towards where her freighter was open and waiting in the hangar bay.

    @Ero @Korvo @Nefieslab @Minuteman75
     
    Korvo, Xorism and Nefieslab like this.
  2. Telunaris

    Telunaris Character

    Jedi Order
    Level 1
    0

    Jedi Master
    Messages:
    141
    OCC Account:
    Korvo
    There were few men who would ever claim to have reason to visit Hoth. It being the wasteland that it was, most never knew of the frozen desert. Of those that did, few saw anything of worth in it. Of those that speculated otherwise, the presence of the Skels and Deucalians kept them away. But he'd now arrived. 'Magnus' had been recently been on Hoth himself already, in the aftermath of his Jedi and own people's trials. He had a new and legitimized identity now, but decided against revealing himself as of yet. At least to the majority of his peers. For the time being, that was something only shared by the blood-kin, fellow warriors of the Thorite Clan.

    Adorned in his now-recognized shamanistic attire, 'Magnus' was walking through the planetside hangar bay. A typical scene, were it not for the sight of several crates levitating in the air, trailing behind his body. Extending his arm, 'Magnus' telekinetically directed the crates to slowly descend as he neatly stacked them in the corner of the hangar bay. Wasn't the most... rewarding use of his gifts, being an organic forklift, but it was for a good cause, and he would not complain. Besides that, he was due in the hanger anyway. Nora Alemanii had need of a group of individuals at this time, a group that 'Magnus' himself had put together. Some faces were familiar, others were relatively new, but all were well-equipped for the task at hand.

    Approaching the freighter, 'Magnus' turned about, watching for the others to arrive. Nora was there already, much closer to the freighter than he was, but he was keeping his eyes open now. Provided they hadn't become tied up in the preparatory tasks for the impending Hothian evacuation like he himself was, the rest were due any minute now.
     
    Nefieslab likes this.
  3. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    1,939
    Likes Received:
    898

    The Deucalian people were many things to many people.

    To most they were simply terrifying and that was fine. But the people who made up the clans, the people, knew that they were nowhere near as uncivilised or disordered and the rest of the Galaxy would believe. One thing that they had in spades was loyalty to each other.

    They were so often seen as outsiders to the rest of the Galaxy that banding together was something that they tended to do a lot. Which was why, when noticing the work that Nora and Magnus was doing, one of the Allman came over.

    [​IMG]

    He lacked the helmet due to recently having had a bit of a disagreement with one of the wolves but otherwise he was decked out in regular Deucalian armour, armed with his traditional axe and dagger combo. Raising a hand to signal greeting, he came over to where Nora was waiting,

    "Jæja hitti."

    Looking around, he noticed that the supplies here weren't... well they weren't supposed to be going anywhere near where these people were helping them to go, if he recalled correctly.

    "Hvað eru þessar birgðir að gera hér? Þeir eru ekki vístir fyrir það - þau verða að vera með öðrum ... hvað er hérna Nora?"

    His hands were on his waist, close to his weapons.


    @Ero @Korvo @Black Noise @Minuteman75
     
  4. Gûry Sündr Gantz

    Gûry Sündr Gantz Character

    Jedi Order
    Level 1
    0

    Jedi Knight
    Messages:
    48
    OCC Account:
    Ero
    Having recently been more affiliated with less frigid climates, the boy Gûry stood shivering, even wrapped in his apprentice robes and cloak. They were slight shivers, and sly enough to trick the unobservant eye into thinking that it was merely a trick of the atmosphere when he would shake. His father's eyes, though, were quite observant indeed. He'd watched his son since the moment the Apprentice stepped off the transport. And he'd felt those steel gray eyes upon him, too, as he'd known he would since deciding to accept the invitation his brother had sent out to him. Well, the Deucalian called it an invitation. It was more a plea, but none of the proud warrior race would admit it.

    And his father, ever the typical Armanii, would never admit his own feelings of joy at the safe return of his son, either. The two had not spoken a word to each other, only regarding each other with hard eyes that spoke challenge and answer in turn. So Gûry waited, silently shivering in the snowdrift-laden winds of Hoth.
    [abox3]
     
  5. Talos Barrenfist

    Talos Barrenfist Character

    Republic
    Level 1
    0

    Lieutenant
    Messages:
    179
    OCC Account:
    Minuteman75
    Walking toward the Nora’s freighter was a black haired man with a heavy beard. Wearing a Deucalian armor with brown stripes, Talos Barrenfist advanced with the helmet in left arm through the hanger bay. Typically, he could be identified as a marine for the Republic but not today. Not long ago Talos had a message to his suprise, inviting him to aid fellow Deucalians in calming a new base.

    Even though I follow a different path as a warrior but they’re still my people, my blood.
    Barrenfist reminded himself. Observing the small group already gathering at the parked ship, Talos stopped in front of them, greeting all with a nod subsequently saying in the old tongue. “Ég er Talos lýðveldisins, hér eins og óskað er eftir. Nú hvað er þetta verkefni sem þú talaðir nákvæmlega af Nora?”
     
  6. Nora Alemanii

    Nora Alemanii Character

    Independent
    Level 1
    0

    Messages:
    143
    OCC Account:
    Black Noise
    Nora had been surprised the group lasted as long as they did without someone coming by to ask what they were doing. She could see him approaching from afar, and she turned to Magnus before the Allman came within earshot, uttering a quick request, "Magnus. Leyfi. Finndu fleiri menn. Við þurfum hermenn. Hermann fyrir utanpóstinn." Turning towards the Allman after speaking to the unknown Jedi Master, Nora did not hesitate in her actions. She reached out and clasped his shoulder, hitting the man with a quick and powerful hug. Smiling, she greeted him, "Hallo bróðir, hvernig hefurðu það?" Gesturing to the rest, she quickly introduced those accompanying her, "Þetta Talos. Þetta Gûry. Þetta veistu. þarna Magnus"

    Stepping aside, she moved to allow the Allman an easier view of the supplies. Nora was known to not be like the other White Wolves in many ways. She was far more concerned with honor than with credits, and it showed in most everything she did. Though, in one manner among the Wolves she did stand out, Nora was bloodthirsty. For this reason, it did not surprise her that the Allman would rest his hands on his weapons as one of the first greetings to her.

    Without hesitation, however, she would explain, as clearly as her mind could manage, what she was doing. "Þessar birgðir. Ruusan, við tökum til. Búa til útpóst. Hoth, hættulegt. Rothana, hættulegt. Venjulegt fyrir okkur. Ekki eðlilegt - fyrir, mhm. Fyrir alla aðra. Aðrir, við þurfum. Get ekki einn, vera. Fleiri eru nauðsynlegar. Sækjast gegn Sith. Þetta veistu. Verður að gera."

    Looking to the Allman, Nora smiled, but inwardly she watched his still bleeding face very, very closely. She needed to know what his reaction was. Perhaps he would disagree, perhaps he would demand Nora prove her might for this equipment. Largely, she hoped that the Allman would nod and move on, and that'd be it. But inside, deep down, part of her hoped she'd be able to challenge him to a battle for this equipment.

    @Minuteman75 @Nefieslab @Korvo @Ero
     
  7. Gûry Sündr Gantz

    Gûry Sündr Gantz Character

    Jedi Order
    Level 1
    0

    Jedi Knight
    Messages:
    48
    OCC Account:
    Ero
    "Ég skil. Mine þjónustu er boðið þér í þessu verkefni. Megum við finna fyrir fólki okkar heimaland sem þeir eru stoltir af eins og við vorum af þessum."

    Gûry's brother laughed at his response, slapping the young Knight up the back of his head with a broad smile, the hand remaining to turn the blow into the ruffling of his hair. The recipient also smiled broadly at this, forgetting the cold for a moment and slapping away his brother's hand playfully, before he looked beyond his brother to find their father staring at him with a look of callous disappointment.

    "Hvað, Jedi þjálfar þig til að drepa alla skemmtunina sem og Sith bróðir? Komdu, hætta að vera tík og berjast við mig.Mig langar að sjá hversu sterk þú hefur orðið."

    The lad's sire turned his gaze from the boys, the man turning to walk off towards another small gathering of men. Gûry smiled shyly to his brother before shaking his head and stomping over to the collection of crates to see if he could help in the loading of the ship.
     
  8. Telunaris

    Telunaris Character

    Jedi Order
    Level 1
    0

    Jedi Master
    Messages:
    141
    OCC Account:
    Korvo
    Well, that hadn't take long, had it? Nora had discretely approached the shaman, placing a request for him to continue in his recruitment efforts, but the approaching Allmenn was not beyond his notice. Shifting his glance from Nora to the Allmenn and back again, 'Magnus' gave an equally discrete nod and departed. Seiðrmaðrs weren't almost the most inconspicuous of persons, but 'Magnus' had chosen to capitalize on the regularity of his presence to suffice. Whether his gamble had worked, or if the Allmenn had simply noticed that a lot_were being reallocated unofficially, 'Magnus' couldn't yet tell. In the end, the rest would be up to Nora.

    After a few moments, 'Magnus' had entered into the commons area of the base. From warriors old to the unbloodied, from the elders to the babes and children, everyone was readying themselves for the evacuation. He wasn't surprised, nor could he blame the enthusiasm circulating his people. This was no ordinary journey they were embarking on. This was a return to the old world, the birthplace of their people, their culture, their society. And now? 'Magnus' had it in mind to divert those who were willing to put off the prospect of that return in the place of duty once again.

    A group of a dozen and a half or so warriors began tirelessly strained with the movement of several durasteel crates. Large, dense and heavy, the repulsorengine beneath it had burned out mid-way from where they came from to where they were headed. It wasn't unusualy, Hoth had been the home of the Deucalians for well over a thousand years. Few had truly expected that they would ever leave, nor that Deucalia itself would have been found again. But those times had come, and change was upon them. Regretably, maintaining what was long thought of as inconsequential had become a difficulty in and of itself; no one ever sought to repair or replace the repulsor parts. It was only natural now that they would scarcely be in working order.

    Walking before the durasteel crate, 'Magnus' folded his arms and shaprened his gaze. It was indeed a massive storage crate, easily twice his height and thrice his width and length. No wonder the warriors were half struggling to push it, while the other half were trying to patch the engine unit with a makeshift repair. However, at that time, 'Magnus' immediately projected the Force directly from his mind, raising the durasteel crate in such a way, that it appeared to have begun levitating within the vacuum of space.

    "Ekki er best að nota hæfileika þína, ég sé", 'Magnus' remarked. Deucalians were raiders, traders, mercenaries even. But the engineers? The technicians and the mechanics? The majority of them were in Hothian asteroid fields in orbit, tending to the fleet. With these duties being delegated to everyone else, one thing was_clear and certain, even just from the sight of things; these men were no laborers.

    "Ef þú myndir bera öxuna þína á þessum tímum, í stað þess að halda áfram að vinna þræll, þá hefði Nora Alemanii þörf á þér", 'Magnus' said, slowly making eye contact with each of eighteen or so raiders. "Hvað segirðu þá? Viltu taka eftir henni? Eða vinnu til einskis?"
     
  9. Talos Barrenfist

    Talos Barrenfist Character

    Republic
    Level 1
    0

    Lieutenant
    Messages:
    179
    OCC Account:
    Minuteman75
    So make a base on Ruusan huh? All part of a plan to strike at the Sith. Very interesting.

    Technically Barrenfist was part of the Republic which officially maintained neutral relations with the Sith Empire. Though as far as he was it only applied when acting as a member of the Grand Army. Soley as a Decalian however it was different in his opinion. The Sith attacked the clans of Hoth, stealing their ships. It was a direct challenge to them, one that will be met with blood, win or lose.

    Suddnely after Nora’s explanation one of the other men revealed his force powers by lifting a heavy crate without even touching it. Telunaris soon enough asked his questions, causing Talos to chuckle, amused and impressed at the same time. Looking back at Nora, he remarked.

    Þú veist örugglega hvernig á að velja þau. Taktu mig inn. Nú ætla ég ekki að halda áfram að standa hér til að líta vel út, við skulum hreyfa okkur.

    Finished he grabbed a smaller crate close to the shop with both arms, picking it up. He proceeded to head instead for Nora’s ship to place the metal box inside.
     
  10. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    1,939
    Likes Received:
    898

    [​IMG]

    The Allman was not at all amused by Talos - he would even go so far as to say that the man annoyed him. He didn't even rightly know why if he was being honest with himself. The man just irked him in a way that had his blood calling for blood... but he was sure that it was nothing but himself being rather aggressive since his most recent fight had gotten the blood and adrenaline pumping.

    Looking at the supplies that Nora was allowing him to see, the Allman snorted a little bit. A wry smirk appeared on his face,

    "Heitt og notalegt, systir."

    He stared at Nora for a moment before reaching down into the snow. Taking a handful of pure snow, he used it to wipe the blood from his face, cleaning it as it melted against his skin. Once the blood was wiped away, the Allman stared at Nora before grinning, showing his teeth,

    "Með hvaða rétti tekur þú þessar vörur, systir?" he asked, spitting out a touch of blood onto the snow between them, "
    Þú ert umkringdur hvolpum og óskum. Hefur þú steinana til að tryggja vistir þínar með því að geta ...?"


    The Allman didn't have his axe in hand but his hands were ready to come up - he intended to clash with Nora and her follows with fists if needs be.

    "Eða gerði djöfulsins tunglið þér mjúkt eins og mjólkarsykur?"


    @Minuteman75 @Korvo @Ero @Black Noise
     
  11. Nora Alemanii

    Nora Alemanii Character

    Independent
    Level 1
    0

    Messages:
    143
    OCC Account:
    Black Noise
    'Eða gerði djöfulsins tunglið þér mjúkt eins og mjólkarsykur?'

    Nora wasn't sure if she was happy or annoyed that the Allman questioned her authority, but one thing was certain, it made her laugh. She did not make any overtly hostile movements, but her fists clenched in anticipation. The Allman struck a chord deep within the Deucalian, a chord all warriors held near and dear to their hearts. Returning the man's smirk, she responded,

    "Hvað rétt? Réttur til valda. Þetta, lifi ég fyrir. Þú, þarft annað högg."

    At that, she pulled up her arms and put herself into a defensive boxer's stance, with her fists just above her eyes. What she said was not a question, she was going to give the Allman another knocking about, and she was going to enjoy it. If he did make the first move, Nora would strike out with a straight right punch aimed directly at the man's face, careful to keep her other arm up to guard while she did so.

    If the Allman attacked first, Nora would be prepared to sidestep or block as necessary.

    @Nefieslab @Korvo @Ero @Minuteman75
     
  12. Gûry Sündr Gantz

    Gûry Sündr Gantz Character

    Jedi Order
    Level 1
    0

    Jedi Knight
    Messages:
    48
    OCC Account:
    Ero
    "Oi, lítið tík, þú ættir að horfa á alvöru bardagamenn til að breyta. Kannski muntu læra eitthvað sem hinir celibate gamlar farts myndi ekki kenna þér."

    With the commotion beginning after Gûry had carried in a number of boxes, so he was tired enough to merely shrug and nod his head at the suggestion. With light steps and crunching snow, he came to stand next to his brother, seating himself on a nearby crate to rest a bit. His brother, noticing his absence after a moment, followed suit. The young Knight had been using the Force like Telunaris to help lift, yet he'd gone for a less showy route than had his elder Jedi.

    The way in which he was using it still required ard work and concentration, barely levitating the boxes off of his palms to maintain subtlety while simultaneously training his discipline, control, and endurance in using the Force. Some crates he would just carry, though, so as to work his physical abilities, too.
    [abox3]
     
  13. Telunaris

    Telunaris Character

    Jedi Order
    Level 1
    0

    Jedi Master
    Messages:
    141
    OCC Account:
    Korvo
    Several of the raiders traded glances with one another before making eye contact with 'Magnus' once again. There were no words of affirmation, no pledges or claims of allegiance. And 'Magnus' would not have expected any less of them. The gleam in their eyes, the subtle nods or even just the fact that they did not walk away revealed the choices they had made. They were not laborers, they were warriors, and their absence would also allow the Útisjást the opportunity to use their gifts more openly, as opposed to only being called upon for their powers of foresight and prophecy. After all, 'Magnus' was openly a Seiðrmaðr; if it was within his power to do so, he would maneuver events to lessen the stigmatization against his kind among his people however he could.

    "Fylgdu, síðan. Berðu vopnin sem þú myndir ekki vera án og safnaðu í hengilinn strax. Þegar tíminn er rétt mun, Nora frá Alemanií hljóma símtalið. Og þú munt svara því."

    At that, 'Magnus' turned about and led the way with the eighteen or so raiders behind him. He knew what he saw earlier, but even more so, he could sense the unease nearby bleeding through the Force. Tensions were mounting between Nora and the Allmenn, and 'Magnus' did not want to involve his people in the outbreak of a schism if he could help it. As he neared the hanger, the shaman rose his fist, signaling those raiders behind him to halt just outside the hangar bay area. Entering the area, 'Magnus' discretely continued his walk inconspicuously, trekking his way along the interior wall, as if searching for supplies to move about as he had been before. As things stood, Nora was the leader here, and this was her arena, when it came to the battle of wills, and arms, against the Allmenn. However, it was his sincerest hope that lethal_violence could be averted, but he was preparing his mind and soul for it, if it should happen. After all, in the end, they were_Deucalians... and so was he. If nothing else, he would understand.
     
  14. The Storyteller

    The Storyteller Member DM Account

    Messages:
    1,939
    Likes Received:
    898

    [​IMG]

    The Allman grinned wide, licking his lips a little bit as he shook his arms a little bit to get some more warmth to them. He needed another beating huh? Well he wouldn't lie and say he wasn't expecting to have his arse handed to him - he was just Deucalian enough to admit that he wanted to fight Nora mostly for the sake of fighting her. She was well known as a strong warrior after all and any chance to defeat her in combat was to be cherished.

    "Heldurðu að þú getir afhent?"

    He smirked as he brought his own hands up in a similar stance to Nora.

    "Heldurðu að þú sért sterkur með bakinu á jörðinni?"

    The Allman was a young man with adrenaline still pumping - he wasn't going to apologise for flirting at the same time as talking smack. With a laugh, he smacked her right punch to his left with his left hand, going for a frontal kick to her gut to push her backwards.



    @Minuteman75 @Korvo @Ero @Black Noise
     
  15. Talos Barrenfist

    Talos Barrenfist Character

    Republic
    Level 1
    0

    Lieutenant
    Messages:
    179
    OCC Account:
    Minuteman75
    One moment Talos was putting down a crate in the ship, the next he heard a challenge being given by the Allman to Nora. Swiftly Barrenfist came down the ramp just in time to see the two exchanging blows with one another. Some things don’t change. Crossing both arms over his chest the bearded man watched the fight enfold. Calling out to the others he offered a bet.

    “Tuttugu einingar segja að einn þeirra fari niður á innan við fimm mínútum. Þrjátíu ef maður deyr.“


    Now it was time to see who will triumph in this struggle.