Ask  Plot Layers of Testing

Discussion in 'Unknown Regions and Wild Space' started by Brent Fury Drast, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Brent Fury Drast

Brent Fury Drast Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

[​IMG]
    THEME
    Boy oh boy, the library could be duller than a hundred year old butcher's cleaver. Brent had been doing nothing but non stop research and studies. Luckily he had convinced his tutors that he was interested and motivated in the areas of force sealing and other methods of non-offensive techniques.

They had seemed content with his answers and just with the fact that he was not going out getting plastered and actually taking his studies somewhat seriously. Considering he had been forced to cover for Teran's injury he was skating on thin ice when it came to their superiors. But they were still satisfied that he had been able to come across a kyber crystal and had allowed him to construct his lightsaber without issue.

The same could be said for his cohort and 'partner in crime' Teran. The man had been far busier than Brent and after he had made a rapid recovery went to work on other missions. Meanwhile the Drast had face planted several hard cover books a dozen times over. He was not sleep deprived but he would be lying if he said that some of the material was not bland.

Still it seemed that his friend was coming back to Ellora and its jedi temple. This time they were not just peers but actually friends. At least that was what Brent hoped. Still he was hoping to get out of the temple and actually get a chance to have some practical experience in Force Sealing other than what he had learned from the archives and other jedi's accounts.

@Phoenix

2. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Perhaps for the first time since coming to the Alliance, Teran was beginning to feel slightly competent. He wasn't sure he'd go so far as to say that he was ready to become a Knight as there were many questions he still didn't know, but he felt as though he'd reached the point where he was competent to make decisions and take on missions on his own.

But he wasn't alone, and he was glad for that. He and Brent hadn't seen each other for several weeks, but he was glad to see his fellow Jedi intern again, once again taking on some out of the library action. In his typical fashion he carried his saber, satchel full of gear, and a pistol that he couldn't quite tear himself away from. There was a skip in his step as he headed for the library, spotting Brent a moment later and waving excitedly.

Hey Brent! How've you been?! he asked, slipping into a seat across from the other Jedi as he offered his greeting. You ready to get going? I heard some rumors about some Jedi artifacts buried in an old cave, supposedly overrun with nasty animals, wanna go take a look? Supposed to be Sealed with the Force. I figure that's more fun than just reading about it, yeah? he asked excitedly. @Darasuum

3. Brent Fury Drast

Brent Fury Drast Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

He caught the motion of his pal arriving. A smile creased his lips and gave a nod of greeting as the man asked how he was. "Same ol same ol. How's the leg?" He gave a gesture to the one that had been injured.

When Teran offered to leave the musty library Brent started nodding before he could finish. He slammed one of the old leather bound tomes that drew some eyes. "oops....well..." He started walking and moved past his cohort before continuing. "Let's go before one of the masters has me reorganize one of the sections." He had spent enough time pouring over books he felt the knights and other members of the order were going to start treating him like he was a librarian.

"Lead the way. I'll do anything to get out of here. My brain's almost fried." Patting himself down he made sure that his normal tools of adventure and survival were on him. Satisfied, it looked like they were ready to try and test what they had learned over the past few weeks.

@Phoenix

4. Teran Atrix

Teran Atrix Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Teran looked down at the leg and rubbed where it had been pierced by the piece of stone several weeks ago. The power of the Force and bacta had let it heal up like new, for which he was thankful. He'd almost forgotten it had been injured.

Good as new, thankfully, he said, holding up a thumb to indicate all was well. He smiled at how enthusiastic Brent looked about getting out of here. Everyone got tired of the library eventually.

The slamming over the ancient book drew a couple of dirty glances and Teran stifled a grin and a laugh, holding both of his hands up in front of him in a "slow down" motion. Whoa, whoa, Jedi aren't supposed to take out aggression on their books, he poked fun.

Teran - ever eager - buzzed off through the library and booked it for the exit. They had lots of opportunities today, and only so many hours in the day. Nice, I'm psyched. I need more practice, and this Force lock - or Force seal? - whatever, it's not easy to do, he said, reaching back to scratch his head as they made it to the outdoors. It was nice and cool, with a gentle breeze that was always refreshing.

I heard one of the Knights complaining about dealing with these animals out here. Some sort of predator with big teeth and claws. Dog-like or something. Anyway, they didn't want to deal with clearing them out and collecting the artifacts, so I thought we might be able to give it a go, he said, pulling out the lightsaber he had constructed and flipping it in his palm.

Did you bring yours? he asked, knowing there was a chance they would need them to defend themselves. They were quickly approaching the area in question, and Teran intentionally had them approach from the ridge side. They had the high ground on a small clearing below leading to a cave entrance. From here, he could see that there were many tracks out front and even from here he could see a single, freaky, dog-like creature wandering out front, and he knew there would be more inside.