Approved  Mandalorians Koil Solus

Discussion in 'Character Profiles' started by Darasuum, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

[​IMG]

Biographical information

Homeworld
    Born
    Affiliation
    Rank
    Level
    Character sub-account
    Voice sample

Eshan
    476 ABC
    Mandalorians
    Rally Master
    Two

Link
    Link

Physical description

Species
    Mass
    Hair color
    Eye color
    Complexion
    Marks
    Tattoos
    Echani
    Male
    1.8 m aprox
    75 kilograms
    White
    Crimson
    Pale
    Various scars

Political and chronological information

Affiliation(s)

Mentor(s)
    Trainiee(s)

Kill(s)

_· Mandalorians
    ___·Clan Solus__

Unknown
    Rayne Kelborn
    Dax Rau
    Solone Wren
    Leandros Solus

Taang Suhl
    Theodorn Jenkins

Playlist

_
    Koil Solus

Excerpt · Biography · Personality and traits · Powers and abilities · Memories · Miscellaneous

"Damned if I do, damned if I don't."

Koil Solus (born in 476 ABC on Eshan) was born into what can only be assumed is a destitute life. A turbulent childhood forced his family to move around. In his youth he was taken in by mandalorian warriors that had crossed paths with his family and took him in after his biological family's passing. Raised by the warrior people of Mandalore he grew up in a background of non stop conflict for one reason or another which shaped him into a mysterious and formidable fighter under Clan Solus.

_

Biography

As an Echani Koil's origins can be assumed to hail from Eshan. He has rarely spoken about his own pasts but records of even the most mundane of civilians are kept. If one wanted to dig they would find a birth certificate for Bryce Wryx lining up with Koil's background. His father was into shady business and was far from a good person. He was mixed up in numerous cons and crimes. Sometimes he got away with these which only encouraged him to try again. But this ended with him biting off more than he could chew and earning a price on his head. His mother was aware of his father's illegal activities but not the specifics. Everyone in the neighborhood knew. But she openly admitted after finding out about his latest failure that she wanted to leave young Bryce's biological father. But the man was so much of a rascal he implicated his wife forcing her to have no other choice but to stick with her husband.

Always On The Run

"You can't lose what you don't have."

Bryce was into his second decade when his family went on the lamb. They left to escape any bounty hunters chasing them. They hopped around for nearly a year. The trio never stayed put for probably longer than a month at a time. Usually it was just bad luck or his family's stupidity. It was only the all too often hindsight that made his father choose to pack up and move again. This put more tension on the already frayed relationship between his parents. Young Bryce seeing, hearing and living the constant fighting between the two parents did nothing for his young impressionable mind.

It was finally when they stopped at Randon when things came to an end for his parents. A large fight between his parents ended made his father fearful that the family would be broken up over the tension. A lack of decent living conditions, fear of being found out, late nights in the shanty taverns of the local underworld. Bryce's mother was not without blame either. She had tried several failed small schemes. Both of his parents were con artists, not very good ones though as time would tell.

On Randon a Bryce's father worked with local criminals and found a spot on a team of scum planning to commit a heist. Bounty hunters would find the Wryx family due to this but not because the criminals Bryce's father was working with had bounties on their own heads. During the heist a spot of bad luck and poor planning forced the heist crew to get in the cross hairs of some trigger happy bounty hunters. Bryce's father made it out alive but not before killing one of the bounty hunters.

He came to the decapitated apartment they had been staying in half covered in blood with only a small portion of the credits taken from the job. He had left his fellow criminals behind and knew the bounty hunters would still probably be coming after him. How right he was, they busted down the door and a fire fight ensued. Bryce hid from the fight, terrified. But his father was still Echani and managed to kill several more bounty hunters. These so-called enforcers of the law did not hold back and killed his mother as well. Bryce, crying silently listened and watched as they continued to ransack the apartment searching for anything valuable. They talked about taking the money for themselves and not turning it in to the authorities.

Perhaps the first bit of irony Bryce had ever witnessed occurred at this moment. A mandalorian outfit swiftly entered the structure and killed the bounty hunters. The young Echani would later learn that the bounty hunters that had killed his family were wanted for crimes themselves. Use of excessive force, assault and battery as well as theft made them wanted criminals in their own right. In the confusion and swirling emotions the young bryce took a literal stab at fending off the newest arrivals. But they were far more experienced than the murderers of his family. In fact they found his tenacity to be amusing, calling him as ferocious as a young badger. They're judgement of the crime scene had them conclude that even though Bryce's father was a bastard and a criminal he had certainly put up a fight to protect his family and for that they spoke words of respect. They had not been after the Wryx family. The mandalorians after some debate took the crying Bryce in, offering him a place among them. Considering he had nothing else left among the bodies of his biological family, through tears of loss and rage he agreed.

The New Kid

"Sensitivity is a weakness."

The mandalorians finished their business on Randon before heading back to Mandalore. A few pit stops here and there made it take nearly a week to return. Some business and complicated politics regarding the payment from their earlier actions had to be dealt with first. The red armored warriors returned to their home but it was not an easy adjustment for Bryce. They asked him why he had chosen to join them. He admited that he had little in the way of options. The best option for survival was to stick with the strongest creatures around. His family had not been strong and so far he had proved he did not have the might to take care of himself.

The Solus clan members that had taken him in agreed to these answers. To symbolize his new transition he would leave his past behind to accept the new path ahead. This would take the form of an entirely new identity, and so it was from that point on that Bryce Wryx was no more and instead there was Koil Solus in his place. While they were more disinclined to the stranger of humanoids they were still reserved towards the young Echani despite being near human. As members of Solus clan they were somewhat isolated from other communities within the Mandalorians. Furthermore, as having taken in a near-human they felt there could be blow back from such an action. So they kept him hidden. The only time they brought him in front of others he was usually garbed in beskar'gam or passed off as someone else. This would later probably be a reason why he felt the need for affirmation of others, a fear of being shunned both from his former life and now even by his new company.

The harshness of Solus training was not easy. In fact they were perhaps even harsher on him than they needed to be. Whether they feared him needing to prove himself to other members of his clan or perhaps that an unusually weak child needed to be compensated by having to be worked twice as hard as a normal Mandalorian child who grew up into the life style. Either way it would shape him into the person he came to be.

Earning the Stripes of a Badger

"It should not be the sharpest blade you fear but the blade that does not stop even when dulled."

It was only after he was seventeen years old that he was openly accepted by everyone that knew him. He had become a warrior, a Verde. Earned not without further trial and judgement he was used to being disliked for his differences. But even with the internal rivalry there was the duality of fraternity and family that he held onto. The power and might he now had, the respect gained through effort. This was what had driven him and now motivated him further. The following years he would become a reliable warrior for the clan. He works in silence doing what must be done to keep what he has and to gain even more. He developed a nack for interrogation and subterfuge. Staying hidden and a predisposition towards the criminal underworld made his experience valued for planning key jobs for his clan.

Personality and traits

The most damaged and hurt members of society are the ones that make the big headlines. But not Koil. In fact he has gone below the radar of Mandalorian comrades and the galaxy at large. He further exemplifies this desire to remain hidden in part by his almost constant wearing of his armor. Even when out of combat he wears his helmet. This was first to hide his identity and prevent insults from the less tolerating members of the mandalorian people but grew to become his natural state.

A desire for power, a hunger for violence and a tenacity that is like that of a wild animal lay dormant in Koil. He will be the silent warrior in a meeting, a statue in the back perhaps barely audible quips to himself. If silent he will often figdet but. The other side being his non-stop combat.

It can be theorized he probably has text book narcisism but only to mask his deep seated self loathing. Jaded by time and the strife since day one has made him not phased by a great deal. He seems to at points not even care about his own safety by chasing adrenaline rushes, daring the galaxy to kill him. So far it has yet to take him up on his offers but it is not likely he will cease his self destructive tendencies.

Power comes in many forms but he understands that strength is not in just the muscles of an arm or the folds of metal in a blade. Knowledge, experience, talent, influence. These are all things that Koil accepts, understands and respects. Deep down he wants to dominate each of these facets despite knowing such a prospect is impossible for a single man. So he settles for what he can achieve.

Powers and abilities

As an echani he was exposed to hand to hand combat early on. His family was not cohesive and proved to be quite toxic early on so he lacked in what some might consider proper form. Thankfully that changed after he joined up with the Mandalorians. Now he is a regular adept brawler and mixed martial artist capable of using his hands to kill an enemy if need be.

An assortment of weapons are needed to do a job effectively in some cases and Koil refuses to lack in any of them. So he has trained in marksmanship, knives, the bes'kad and even demolitions.

Subterfuge and espionage is a field that he has learned of having a knack for. So while he used to be limited he has focused more in this field than any other. Manipulation, tactical planning and absorption of foreign information being as much of a tool as any blaster.

Memories

Voice Log: 1200-200-4200

"I don't even know what I'm doing with this. Who the hell listens to this crap anyways?"

Voice Log: 1030-026-12600

"kind of man I am? I've been asked before who I am, what I am... people ask that because they just can't comprehend what kind of osik it takes to make a piece of work like me. So let me tell you, let me inform you of a shard of my life. I was standing in my father's ship on a return trip froma job. He took me on them with him. I had a purpose but it was always support. I asked for a blaster after a job, thinking I should be able to handle it myself. He says no. But I persist. He says ok, if I can take it from him I can have the blaster. So he empties the blaster and has me try to take it from him. The ol man throws me, pushes me, moves me like I'm a sack of potatoes. Finally i realize there's no way I'm going to take it from him. But he still shows me how to take it from him. I learn to strike the joints, control the weapon even when it's in someone else's hands. Finally, I get it from him. And do you know what he says next? He tells me to pull the trigger. I don't care if the weapon is empty or not. Pulling the trigger on your own father, adopted or not. That's... "
    "What did you do?"
    "what do you mean?"
    "Did you pull the trigger?"

"...yeah...I pulled the trigger. An you know what he did afterwards? He smiled and hugged me."

Miscellanous

Tattoos

All weapons have 3 reloads

Personal posessions:
    Assets:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Braden Drake likes this.
  2. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

Prestige & Rewards:
    The following are only what has been confirmed in the mission rewards.
    Pending will be displayed in Italics

PvP Wins:
    Shoring Up: Depthfinding
    Over the Mountain Tops

Ask Missions completed:
    Trandos Vs Mandos
    There's a Snake In My Boot
    Want Them To Want Us
    Good Fight Moon
    A Base To Call Home
    Dig Deep And Hunt
    Spelunky
    A Few Bad Seeds

Other:
    Smirt Hits Dirt - Claiming personal npc bounty
    Blood Stripes and Red Skulls - Mission Pack to earn the faction drop ships.

Pending Mission approval:

Faction rewards:
    1 & 2nd Tier rewards
    3rd tier reward
    Basilisk

Pending Rewards:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. Arclight

Arclight Lore Administrator RP Administrator

@Darasuum

please remove the link to the peripheral character possession page. Any possessions should be included on the character sheet or in the OP of a thread. We will not be reviewing any possessions in peripheral armory threads and they are considered void and noncanon, no exceptions. I noticed there were several for other characters as well, please do the same for them and then notify the character mod team of any equipment changes to character profiles that were already approved.

Otherwise this character looks fine and i can approve it once that is done.

4. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

the peripheral thread is not to be assumed to be on his person. That is just a thread meant to link to other threads for easy reference. Like he owns it but he does not keep it on his person. Otherwise I'd have to have all of that on this page over time and it would be like ten blaster pistols that i do not want people to assume are on his person. I can un-link it from the CS if you want.

5. Arclight

Id prefer if you kept a spoiler on his profile with all the stuff he owns, while keeping a main list of his daily/battle gear that he uses on a regular basis on the profile. It makes things much easier for... well everyone.

6. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

I can do that if you want.

7. Arclight

I do want.

Faster Than Light likes this.
  8. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

Done

Addition: I have the coding knowledge to do that ;-)
    I’ll do that from now on.

9. Arclight

Thank you.

Approved!

Darasuum likes this.
  10. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

Updated

rank and other initial stats/info
    added/edited equipment
    updated prestige tracker

11. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

updated with extensive Voice Log

12. Lucid

Lucid Grumpy

Yes but what about the face?

13. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

[​IMG]

Lucid likes this.
  14. Arclight

15. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub

Updated Miscellaneous with his tattoos so I can keep track.