Ask  Plot  Tatooine Jawas and Droids

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Greybok, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Greybok

Greybok Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Supreme Allied Commander
    OCC Account:
    Malon
    Character Profile:
    Link

[​IMG]

"Greybok, I'm getting sand in my servos!" Twobee whined as the great, lumbering Wookiee ventured through a ravine in the Northern Dune Sea. He wore his goggles over his face to protect himself from the sand blowing about, as it was a particularly windy day, and hooted in annoyance at the droid on his bandolier. "No, I will not pipe down! You don't clean me properly as it is! What if I blow a fuse?!"

The Wookiee grunted some more in argument. His loud voice echoed in the ravine. Ironically, he was making more noise than Twobee's head but he had grown quite exhausted of the machine's bickering, which had been non-stop since they had set down in Anchorhead. "Sandpeople?!" Twobee exclaimed. "You brought me out here where we could get shot at by Sandpeople?! Why you infernal— Fine. I hope you are shot by Sandpeople. With any luck, the Jawas will find my head and leave your corpse to rot in the sand. I'd rather spend the rest of my days on a shelf in a sandcrawler than spend any longer strapped to an ignoramus like you."

The droid's head swiveled and its photoreceptors focused ahead of them. "Where are we, anyways? Are you sure you have the right coordinates?" The Wookiee responded tamely this time. Greybok was rather sure of his sense of direction, even out here in the Dune Sea, where everything looked the same. "Yes, I can bloody-well see we're in a ravine. But is it the right ravine? Honestly, I don't know how you can see anything with those ridicious goggles on your face!"

But, despite the droid's protest, Greybok was sure. He had been following Jawa tracks for a few standard hours now. And these were fresh. They would be at the sandcrawler the Commander had instructed them to investigate within a few moments. Unfortunately for all of them, Greybok's lack of a response was not satisfactory to Twobee, who continnued to complain loudly. Her head whipped around and she focused her lone photoreceptor on the Wookiee's companions. "Hey! Is this the blind-leading-the-blind? Shouldn't you lot be making sure this big dumb sack of fur is going the right direction?!" @Cazar @Plebometer

OOC - Link to the mission thread here

Minuteman75 and Plebometer like this.
  2. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

Following close behind to the towering Wookie, Greybok. The fiery haired teen couldn't help but chuckle whilst the berating exchange took place between him and the droid slung around his bandoleer, her bright emerald hued gaze turning away from the pair ahead of them to the small spherical droid that was hovering at her side as it chirped away in a series of toned beeps. "No Ditto, that's exactly why I didn't install a voice modulator on you" she retorted in response to her droid, most of the time it was bad enough with the amount of back chat and quips the maintenance droid would spout during their exchanges. The last thing she would want is for him to voice them for all to hear! A light laugh escaped the teens lips as she pulled down the goggles so they covered her eyes, flipping the welding lenses upwards so she could actually see where she was going.

Turning her gaze to her surroundings, the teen grumbled a little as the scarf that was wrapped around her face slipped out of place. To say the teen had over prepared for the mission that came her way was perhaps an understatement, not only had she coated herself in sun-cream, covered nearly every visible inch of her body to prevent herself from getting sunburnt and sand blasted by the whipping dust storms. She was ladened with her various tool satchels and work armour. Word had reached her about volunteers being sought after to investigate a Sandcrawler that their commander had shown interest in acquiring. Something that the teen was all to willing to sign up for, not that she really had much of an reason to not want to crawl about large machines and tinker away with.

A light grin crossed Eisa's concealed features as she listened to the ongoing exchange between Twobee and Greybok, before her attention moved back to her own droid as he chirped up a series of dull tones. Nodding in acknowledgement to Ditto, Eisa fished out her data pad from her pocket and booted up the screen to view the information being transmitted to it from her droid. "Don't Worry Twob" Eisa commented cheerfully in response to his open question to the group whether they were headed in the right direction. "Ditto's picking up a trace on his proximity sensors" she added as she looked up to the droid strapped to the wookie, before quickening her pace to try and draw level with towering strides. "Not that far off up that way" she offered as she held the screen out for Greybok and their companion Mig to see for themselves.

Malon likes this.
  3. Mig Cabra

Mig Cabra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Captain
    OCC Account:
    Cazar
    Character Profile:
    Link

While the horrible planet of Tatooine was the opposite of the rolling oceans on Manaan, Mig found himself in familiar company on a fascinating adventure. Once more he was walking with that chatterbox droid and the Wookiee Greybok. They had worked together recently on Manaan so it was good to have someone he recognized nearby. J0 trudged along behind silently, not even beeping. It was a rather simple labor droid that did not speak nearly as often as Twobee. The Gotal Engineer had come rather unprepared for so much sand, and had one arm blocking his face. This made him sound muffled when he finally spoke up.

"I am sure the large one knows exactly where we are going, friend!" He tried to sound cheerful even here. "When we get there, I will make sure it is in working order."

No one had officially told Mig that he was the one meant to check out the Sandcrawler, but he saw no other reason to be included. He was an Engineer and was pulled from Manaan to help in this joint operation. His datapad was tucked away safely from the sand for when they arrived and he was excited to play with some new technology. The girl seemed nice enough and would hopefully be a good friend for Mig. The socially awkward Gotal loved making friends.

"Amazing! Quite a useful droid. Might I take a look at Ditto when we finish here?" Mig peeked over his arm to see the little droid.
    @Malon @Plebometer

Malon and Plebometer like this.
  4. Greybok

Greybok Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Supreme Allied Commander
    OCC Account:
    Malon
    Character Profile:
    Link

The Wookiee cross-referenced the tracks he had been following with the screen of Eisa's datapad and hooted his approval. Still, as was always the case, Twobee seemed far from convinced and let out a mechanical sigh to let everyone know as much. "Great. Just great. My mechanical life—or what's left of it anyways—is in the hands of primitive dogman and a chirping metal ball. And all the while, the talking goat wants to tinker with droids. At least the red-headed woman seems to have her wits about her."

Greybok ignored his noisy companion as he reached a crest in the ravine. He took out a pair of electrobinoculars and gazed through the lenses to see what he could make out on the horizon. Sure enough, right beneath the blaze of Tatooine's twin suns, a large sandcrawler was casting its shadow across the dunes. The Wookiee could see the heatwaves rippling across the sand just in front of it. He barked in his native language to let his companions know of his discovery. Dutifully, Twobee translated.

"Oh, thank the Maker," she rattled. "Up this way, simpletons. The talking rug says he's spotted the sandcrawler on the horizon! Although, just between you lot and me, I'd get a spring in your steps. It would seem that the heat is boiling him in his fur. As much as I would very much like to see that happen, I would rather imagine the smell would be repugnant to you all—best to avoid that." Greybok barked harshly at the droid's head. "I know you can understand me," Twobee retorted. "What are you going to do? Put me out of my misery? Hah!"

Greybok snarled but did not reply. Instead, he looked back through his electrobinoculars and zoomed in on the sandcrawler. Nothing appeared to be wrong with it besides its age. But, he supposed, they would get a better idea once they were able to see it up close. He barked instructions at Twobee who sarcastically retorted, "See? You loathsome beast, you need me as much as I unfortunately need you. Pfft." She rotated her head so that her photoreceptor peaked around his shaggy torso towards the Wookiee's companions. "Ahem. His royal furness has instructed me to remind you that these Jawas are said to have some pesky droid problems. Let's all be a tad cautious when approaching, yes? It'd be rather embarrassing to be put six feet under the sand by someone's rusty hand-me-downs." @Plebometer @Cazar

Cazar and Plebometer like this.
  5. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

raising an eyebrow as mig spoke out about checking that the sand crawler would be in working order .the fiery haired teen cast a bright emerald glance towards her Gotal companion, it having not dawned that he was a fellow spanner jockey like her. A widened grin crossed her concealed features, it looked like they'd have the sandcrawller running at its best in no time, provided things went well at least! Nodding in appreciation of the Further comment towards the hovering droid before her, Eisa cast a brief look towards Ditto as it chirped out a few tones. "He's not gonna take you appart Ditto, calm your servos , he just wants to view your specs is all" Eisa reassured her droid before looking towards Mig, "Ain't that right Mig?" she added whilst tilting her head to the side slightly.

Still it seemed out of the three of group, Eisa was pretty fortunate that Ditto was perhaps not as neurotic as twobee, the very out spoken droid that was pretty much being worn by Greybok. Then again it was something that the teen rather enjoyed, she liked it when droids developed various personalities and quirks. There was too much a reliance on memory core wipes as soon as the slightest hint of a personality would show, often making some droids too uptight and stuffy.

Again she couldn't help but chuckle as twobee piped up with her latest round of berating comments, being directed towards the furry giant. A furled brow forming on the teens face as she concentrated on what was being said by the wookie in his native tongue, she had a basic grasp of Shyriiwook, enough to understand what was being said, but not enough to try and speak herself. The last time she had attempted it she had inadvertently insulted a wookie bounty hunter's sister, something she quickly relised it was best staying well clear of attempting to speak in such a complex language.

Still the wookies droid was more than able to fill in the blanks and elaborate then some on top. It seemed atop of surveying and Checking over the sand crawler there was the matter of some droids acting up, no doubt resulting from a few crossed wires. Looking over towards her droid, Eisa cast a curious look, "You hear that Ditto? might need you to make safe some short circuiters ok?" she enquired of her droid who beeped in acknowledgement, before its casing split open to reveal the numerous concealed arms and appendages baring a carousel of cutting tools. "Good boy, counting on ya" Eisa responded cheerfully as she patted her droid on its upper casing before it folded back in on itself.

Turning her attention back towards Greybok and his own droid, the fiery haired teen glanced over to Ditto briefly before stepping closer to the wookie "Don't need to get your servos in a twist with worry twob's" Eisa commented as she patted a hand atop the worn down droids head, "We've got this" she added before looking up towards the wookie towering over her and casting him a playful wink "Nothing to loose your head over" she added teasingly before reaching into her side holster to quickly check over her blaster pistol, just in case but hoping all the same it wouldn't be needed, before setting off towards the sandcrawler in the near distance, with Ditto hovering close behind her.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Malon likes this.
  6. Mig Cabra

Mig Cabra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Captain
    OCC Account:
    Cazar
    Character Profile:
    Link

Mig was relieved to see the Sandcrawler and hoped to be out of the sand for at least a little bit. Rumors of droid issues were only slightly concerning. The Gotal saw the large Wookiee as a good deterrent for any real trouble. Plus Mig was wearing armor and carried a good pistol. A few scrap droids would be no match for the Rebels. That or the rebels would have no chance against the Empires. Mig was ever the optimist and believed they would come out on top though.

"No. I would certainly enjoy taking it apart as well!" Mig said without realizing the point of what Eisa was telling her droid. "Twobee too for that matter! We could make a day of it."

The sandcrawler in the distance was becoming clearer as they approached, but so were tiny figures surrounding it. Mig at first assumed it would be their Jawa contacts but some appeared to be droids as he got a better view through calms in the wind. Luckily they seemed like regular droids doing work for the Jawas but one did seem to be... slightly off. Separate from the rest of the crowd was a lone droid seeming to pace in an erratic pattern. That had to be one of the problem droids mentioned earlier by Greybok and Twobee.

"Oh no! It seems at least that one droid is to be avoided or stopped!" The Gotal Engineer exclaimed with concern. "I vote we send the Wookiee to deal with it before we talk to the Jawa."

@Malon @Plebometer

Plebometer likes this.
  7. Greybok

Greybok Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Supreme Allied Commander
    OCC Account:
    Malon
    Character Profile:
    Link

"You most certainly can not disassemble me, you flea-ridden throw rug!" Twobee shrieked. The droid's head didn't seem to notice that Greybok had unstrapped his blaster rifle and begun to take aim at the problematic droid Mig had indicated. "I'll have you know that it was bad enough to have this— Wait, Greybok, no! What are you doing?! You can't just shoo—"

It was too late. The Wookiee pulled the trigger and the resulting laser shot screamed across the desert and struck the droid—a perfect shot. The problematic droid exploded in a cloud of fire, smoke, and sand. Greybok, pleased with himself, hooted in victory. "Why you uncivilized, mangey-looking, barking doormat! You can't just shoot other people's property without their permission!" Greybok argued with a series of loud barks. "I don't care what the goat said! That wasn't your droid! Great, now the Jawas are sure to feed us to a sarlaac pit, and it's all your fault."

Greybok used his goggles to zoom in on the smoldering crater in the sand where the droid was to make sure there was nothing left of it. Sure enough, there wasn't, so he raised his goggles up onto his forehead and hooted, once again, pleased with the results. Twobee was beside herself. "Don't just stand there, you blithering idiot! Go up there and apologize! The rest of you too! Step to it! You lot of a lot of nerve turning this oaf loose on those poor droids!"

Greybok grumbled but otherwise ignored Twobee. He motioned for the others to follow and began to walk towards his handiwork. With any luck, the Jawas would be grateful and they would be one step closer to completing their mission. @Plebometer @Cazar

Plebometer likes this.
  8. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raising an eyebrow as the gotal, appeared to completely miss the point of her trying to reassure Ditto that the diminutive engineer didn't want to take the droid apart. Eisa simply blinked a few times in shock before shaking her head, whilst Ditto started chirping out about not letting Mig come any where near him, It seemed the sentiment was shared with the droid strapped to Greybok's back. This is gonna take a while to get him to settle down, the fiery haired teen mused to herself before her attention was pulled to her flank at the sound of a weapon charging. As she turned her gaze round she caught glimpse of a muzzle flash as Greybok unleashed a round of laser fire into the rouge droid.

Well the Wookie's methods were effective, it did deal with the problem. Though whether it had raised another series of issues in the wake of it, much as the decapitated droid was fuming over, the group had a potential issue to deal with how the Jawa's are going to take to sudden attack of one of their droids, defective as it was. Pursing her lips in thought Eisa looked over towards the Jawas and the remote droid that had been 'shut down' "Umm twobs is right, you should go talk to the Jawa's and explain" the fiery haired teen commented as she looked between Greybok and Mig, figuring and knowing all to well they had a better chance of explaining the situation than some mere kid. "I'll go and take a look at that droid, find out what was wrong" she added before looking up towards her droid. "Come on Ditto, need your help on this" Eisa concluded, before adjusting the straps of her tool satchel and making her way over towards the stricken droid, leaving the two responsible adults to deal with and explain the situation to the Jawas.

Cautiously the fiery haired teen made her way over towards the damaged droid, being sure to make her approach look as least threatening as possible just incase she get picked off in a retaliation to Greybok's blaster fire. Though fortunately it seemed that the Jawa's attention was else where, as Eisa and Ditto made it to where the rogue droid was had fallen. "Right lets take a nose at you" Eisa murmured as she knelt down beside the droid and opened up her tool satchel to retrieve a hydro spanner before proceeding to open up the droid's casing.

Once the droids's inner workings were fully exposed Eisa, scrutinized each and every inch of the droid's various control devices and cable leads. A light tutting escaping from the teen's lips as she continued to examine the droid, but it seemed that no matter where she looked, and what suspicion she followed Eisa could not find anything that would give an indication as to what was the cause of the droid's erratic behaviour. Leaning back against the heal of her feet, letting out a drawn out sigh of exasperation before shaking her head. "No dice, Ditto see if you can get into this guy's programming see if there is anything wrong in his core matrix" Eisa spoke as she turned her attention to her hovering droid.

Ditto chirped in acknowledgement before his casing unfurled open to reveal a spindly insect like internal armature and lowering itself down onto the ground and scuttling over towards the droid and scrambling over it, using it's pincer like limps to clamp onto the droid to hold itself steady. Once in position the droid extended it's interface port and tapped into the rogue droid's own. A series of clicks and whirs emanated out as Ditto tried to interrorgate the inner workings of the rogue droids software, before letting a series of low and dejected tones out from it's speaker. "Well that blows" Eisa responded, before starting to gather up her tools. It seemed that there was not much use in trying to get an answer as to why the droid had gone rogue, the blaster shot had completely fried its core matrix loosing all of its coding in the process. "Ok then Ditto lets head over to the rest and let them know" The firey haired teen sighed as she pushed herself back up onto her feet, before offering out an arm for Ditto to scramble onto. As soon as the droid had connected to her arm she turned round and headed over towards the group of Jawas where she figured the others would have met by now, all the while as Ditto found his perch upon the girl's shoulder.

9. Greybok

Greybok Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Supreme Allied Commander
    OCC Account:
    Malon
    Character Profile:
    Link

Greybok barked a warning to Eisa, which Twobee promptly translated. Frantically, even. "Miss Eisa, it would appear the walking carpet has detected a problem caused by his lunacy." The large, hairy Wookiee motioned towards a crest in the dunes some distance away. There were bantha there, lined up in traditional Tusken style. It would seem that all the commotion the group—particularly Greybok—had caused had drawn some... unwanted attention to the sandcrawler.

Greybok examined the bantha on the horizon through the HUD in his goggles. He then reported back with a series of hoots. "He reports that there are four bantha in total. If these Sand People act like all the rest, that means there are eight of them out there somewhere close by. Probably watching us." Greybok delivered another series of long, punctuated barks. "He recommends that you go out to meet the Jawas and inform them of the situation. Perhaps that droid problem they are notorious for can be put to good use. In the meantime—" The Wookiee howled. "—Greybok and I shall cover you... WAIT, me too?! What can I do?! I'm just a head!"

Greybok barked, hooted, and howled in rapid succession. All the while, he waved to Eisa to ignore Twobee and follow his instructions. "I most certainly do not trust you, Greybok! Our very relationship is built upon that principle!" Twobee shrieked in the meantime. "In fact, I believe to trust you goes against my very programming!" @Plebometer

OOC - Per instructions from Rebel Command, I am to continue this RP despite Caz's absence. We're on a schedule here, peeps!

Plebometer likes this.
  10. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

It seemed that no sooner that the young teen had caught up with the group, things were starting to look like they could take a turn for the worst. Falling into step with the Towering Wookie and the Gotal rebels, Eisa's emerald hued gaze raised up to regard the disembodied droid as Greybok started hollering a series of sharp barks and growls. That the droid dutifully translated, albeit with it's own grimaced twist and addition. Announcing that the earlier making safe of the rogue droid had seemingly garnered the unwarranted attention of a group of Tuscan Raiders, and that she should make a dash for the safety of the sand crawler whilst Greybok and Twobee covered her.

A slight wave of bemusement washed over the teen's features, seemingly it was the shared sentiment of the droid head. Eisa could see how the towering mass of fur could cover her, he had quite a sharp and experienced shot. But her mind baffled as to what Greybok was envisioning as to how Twobee would be able to lay down the same level of cover whilst she ran towards the Jawas. Surely hidden within the Wookie Rebel's mind lay a cunning plan!

Nodding in acknowledgement the fiery haired teen looked over towards Ditto. "Come on Ditto you're with me" Eisa spoke out, not that she really needed to remind the droid, given how it was often hovering in close proximity to the petite teen. Turning her attention back up to Greybok, Eisa patted at his furry arm and casting a bright smile up towards him. "I'll go get some help" she spoke before turning her attention over towards the indicated location of the Sandpeople, then towards the sand crawler, then to her side to make sure her blaster was to hand and then finally shuffling her leggings and outer boiler suit up higher over her waist. The last thing she needed was to have her clothing slip down and trip her up.

Taking a quick breath, Eisa flashed a quick glance over towards the group of rebels and broke of in a quick run. Each step kicking up dust and sand as she hastily made her way over towards the the sand crawlers and the Jawas who were starting to gather up their posesssion and droids sensing a looming danger approach. The fiery haired teen ran, periodically ducking and weaving in and out, shaking up her movements to make it difficult for the raiders to line up any shots on her. All of it seemed to pay off, as the teen made it to the base of the large loading ramp of the sand crawler safe and sound.

Breathlessly she approached the Jawa's and flashed them sight of the inoculus patch that had been sown onto her boiler suit, matching the one that had accompanied the earlier communications with the Jawas to signify that she was part of the group who would be doing business with them. The smile over the teens features from the Jawa's acceptance of the new arrival soon melted into one of bemusement, as she looked back over the path she had came. It was quiet! Nothing appeared to have kicked off from the Raiders, who seemly decided to continue to lie in wait. "Aww for Kriffs sake!" The teen exclaimed, she had did all that running for no good reason! And now she was going to get extremely hungry, very soon.

Shrugging with a sigh, the fiery haired teen returned her attention back towards the Jawas and proceeded to explain the situation to them, covering the rogue droids, the band of Sandpeople who were lying in wait and imploring the diminutive denizens to lend a hand by sending out some of the stranger acting droids, and potentially get ready for a fire fight.

11. Mig Cabra

Mig Cabra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Captain
    OCC Account:
    Cazar
    Character Profile:
    Link

Mig was not a warrior who would act too quickly under threat. He watched with wonder as the Wookiee removed the erratic droid but ultimately did nothing for a moment when talk came of a Tusken presence. The Gotal was not sure what that meant and he had not heard his name in a list of things to do. Logically it took the awkward engineer a few moments to realize that he should follow Eisa to the Jawas and attempt to remedy the situation from there. The young girl had gone quickly and kicked up a lot of dust. It might attract a lot of attention but it might be good cover for Mig to make a run for it. He decided to try his luck.

“Oh my! Wait for me!” He bellowed after Eisa.

Trudging through the sand was slow and he was not in shape to outrun the young human girl. Mig found himself lagging behind and the dust settled before he could really use it as cover. He tried to move as quickly as possible to reach his destination but the attention the girl had drawn to the position and Migs slowness opened up quite an opportunity for the Tusken Ambush.

Pew!

A blaster shot kicked up sand right behind Mig as he approached the final stretch. Panic overcame the Gotal as he pushed even harder to reach cover by the sandcrawler. A few more shots landed nearby before a screaming Mig arrived at the sandcrawler and leaped inside for cover. A few stunned Jawas now realised the situation with the combination of Eisa and Mig.

12. Greybok

Greybok Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Supreme Allied Commander
    OCC Account:
    Malon
    Character Profile:
    Link

"Greybok," Twobee said surprisingly calmly as the shots began to rain. "I do believe our goat-like companion is in a spot of trouble." Greybok swung around and barked mightily. Pulling out his blaster, he fired a series of shots towards the Tusken Raiders. He had clear shots at five of them and five of them dropped dead. The Wookiee howled again and Twobee shouted her translation: "Mig! The Wookiee says to run! Haul your hair ass this way!"

The remaining three Tuskens swung around to fire again, but Greybok raised his arms above his head and howled angrily in their direction. He imagined that he must have looked terrifying to them—a big, furry monster with a good aim (and who had also already killed five of their friends). And he truly must have, because the Raiders turned tail and fled into the dunes without firing another shot.

"We should finish our job here quickly, everyone!" Twobee called out to the rest of the group. "Greybok may have chased those last three off, but they might come back—and with greater numbers." Greybok ignored Twobee to go check on Mig. That everyone under his charge was safe was the important part. @Cazar @Plebometer

Plebometer likes this.
  13. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

Ducking down as the shots began to rain down, the young fiery haired teen looked round to see that the calm was short lived, Mig was running head long towards her with shots impacting against the ground behind him coming from the Tuskan Raiders, whilst Greybok in remained rooted in the spot laying down a series of shots over towards the raiders who had broken from their cover. Her hand falling to her side to reach for ther blaster to see if she could be of any support, but from the distance and the angle the fiery haired teen knew if at best she would be contributing to the scorching of the local scenery.

Turning her attention back towards the Jawas the Fiery haired teen resumed her conversation in Jawesse, trying to convince the Jawas to barter over the release of thier sand crawler to the rebels cause. But as much as thier conversation went around in circles neither party really made any head way. The Jawas seemed more interested in the hovering droid floating a close distance behind its owner, Ditto of course didn't help matters by chirping rather angrily towards the Jawas who were keen to poke and prod the droid as well as to slap a restraining bolt on it. The fiery haired teen sighed in resignation before turning around to face the Gotal rebel. "Mig take over will ya, I'm getting nowhere bartering with them" Eisa spoke out as she started to fiddle with her tool satchels. "I'll go check out the workings of this rig" The teen added before pulling down her goggles and turning round to face her droid. "Ditto come with me, stay close" she continued instructing and cautioning the droid, not really wanting to afford loosing her metallic companion being 'aquired' by the Jawas.

Casting her gaze over towards Mig, the teen cast him a bright grin, before looking upwards to on of tge service ducts, and scrambling up through w maintenance hatch before eventually disappearing from sight, the sound of her crawling along the inner machinery of the sand crawler echoing throughout the metallic ducts.

As the fiery haired teen scrambled her way through the inner workings of the towering vehicle. Her goggled eyes scanning over every nook and cranny of the vital systems, using the spot light being projected from her droid to illuminate the immediate area. So far the inner workings was in pretty good condition! Despite thr issues that was plaguing the Jawas and thr quality of thier droids, it seemed they were much more capable in maintaining vehicles. "Ditto, uplink our findings to the others, let them know this rig isn't a scrapper"

14. Greybok

Greybok Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Supreme Allied Commander
    OCC Account:
    Malon
    Character Profile:
    Link

Fresh off of their success, Greybok and Twobee arrived at the sandcrawler moments later. Upon hearing that Eisa was experiencing difficulties negotiating with the Jawas, Greybok barked some orders to the droid head mounted on his bandolier, and Twobee (albeit reluctantly) went to work jabbering in the Jawa Trade Language.

<<I wouldn't give the Wookiee any trouble if I were you. He just saved the lot of you from being shish-kabob'd by the Tusken Raiders. How about a little gratitude?>> The Jawas jabbered something in reply. They were still haggling, it seemed. <<Considering your droid and Sand People problems, I wouldn't pay that amount for this rust bucket and neither would our... clients. We'll pay half that. Less if you keep haggling.>>

Greybok howled impatiently and the Jawas chittered in reply. Twobee translated for them: <<Have you seen what a Wookiee does to the arms of a person who has displeased them? I can tell you from experience it isn't pretty. My advice? Give him his asking price.>> The Jawas huddled together to discuss their decision in a committee, but it wasn't a very long discussion. They agreed. <<Excellent decision. I'm sure the Wookiee... and our clients... will be most pleased with this arrangement.>>

She then turned to the others and said, "It would appear that we have reached an agreeable arrangement. Our allies can use the sandcrawler as they see fit. We should hurry along and transmit our report... before the Sand People return." The head swiveled to fave the Wookiee it was attached to. "Come, Greybok. We can buy Eisa a drink when we hit Mos Eisley. We've already broken several laws on the way out here—why not break them all while we're at it?"

Fin

Plebometer likes this.