Ask If you like Piña Coladas~ And get Caught by Pink Aliens~

Discussion in 'Colonies and Inner Rim' started by Soran Jace, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran could not help but blink at the sight that greeted him as he stepped out of the space port. The Padawan knew the Zeltron as colourful people but their homeworld only enhanced the colourful nature of the race. Multitude of the natives walked the streets, all vibrant shades of red and pink offset only by the few that had blue hair rather than more pink and red.

Luckily for the young Jedi, he was far from being the only alien on this world. While the natives massively outnumbered anyone else, he would not raise suspicion by his presence alone. Most everyone else on Zeltros seemed to be on the planet to enjoy themselves, then again that is what the planet was known for. Soran however was not there for a vacation but to meet up with a certain agent he has dealings with before. As to why Arial Calvic had chosen to set up base in this world in particular, the Padawan could not begin to guess. She had most definitely came across as serious and professional, not only that but the one exchange Soran had seen her with a Zeltron had not been pleasant for anyone involved.

There was not much point thinking about however the young Jedi thought and so made his way towards the speeder he had rented for the duration of his stay. Soran did seem to garner some looks as he walked, but he assumed it was more likely to do with his wide garment that wrapped around him like a poncho, under which he wore light coloured natural fiber shirt and trousers, boots and a belt to carry his lightsaber. The poncho like cloak simply allowed him to stay cool and conceal his weapon so as to not advertise his position as a Jedi. It was simply the best solution as the native fashion, that many tourists favour was form fitting and revealing, not an issue on its own but it made it difficult to conceal a weapon such as a lightsaber. The seeming only other fashion option on Zeltros appeared to have been swimsuits, which had the same issue as Zeltron clothing, only but a slight bit more revealing.

It took Soran roughly an hour of flying to make his way to the location Arial had transmitted him. A small café near one of the many beaches of Zeltros. The scent of the sea was mixed with the smell of the warm rain that had come with a storm maybe an hour past. The waves still crashing with strength revealing the still left over power of the storm that must now be in the middle of the ocean. Most of the local didn’t really seem to mind the humidity, Soran was never a fan, he did not mind rain, but preferred cooler climes. Heat and humidity just felt stifling to him.

The Young man entered the café. It was a nice enough place, well lit with an open terrace that overlooked the ocean. Soran wondered if he had arrived first or if Arial would be waiting for him. For reasons he could not understand the Padawan was feeling anxious about the meeting, he had wondered if it was a presage from the Force he was sensing but he quickly disregarded the idea. His feelings seemed to rather stem from meeting the former Imperial Agent turned Mercenary rather than any form of precognition, but that did not explain why he was having such feelings of anticipation. At least in no way the young Jedi could understand.

@Algarus

Algarus likes this.
  2. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Hey doll, what can I help you with today?" The scantily clad waitress asked, as she looked over Arial's table. "I just want some coffee." The former agent stated, her eyes glancing up at the pink skinned alien. "Just a coffee? Can do, anyone else going to be joining you sweetie?" Arial's eyebrow twitched, but she didn't respond with a crude retort. "Yes, I have another friend joining me. Should be here any minute now." The waitress made a note of her holopad. "Well sweetie, if you you need anything, my name is Matisa. Be right back with your coffee." She said, turning back towards the kitchen as she strutted away.

Zeltros was a pleasant world, Arial had to give it that, but she was regretting the fact she had set up residence here. The culture just wasn't for her. Everyone was so damn happy and carefree; it felt unnatural, and that wasn't even discussing the clothing. Arial had chosen to wear a pink tank top and brown shorts, though she had her blaster strapped to her thigh via her holster, it was just too hot to wear anything more than that. Arial had taken a back booth seat in the cafe, though she could keep tabs on who was entering and leaving from the cafe. As Soran was spotted entering, Arial raised her hand, trying to draw his attention; assuming he hadn't sensed her first. As the padawan neared, she would give him a tired smile. "Nice to see you again. How's buisness been treating you?" She asked, crossing her arms as she learned forward a tad. It was nice seeing a familiar face for once, other than Hask.
    @z0pu

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    z0pu likes this.
  3. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As he stepped further into the café Soran saw an arm waving at the corner of his eye, bringing his attention to the person he was looking for. Arial Calvic was sitting at a booth, dressed more casually the Padawan had seen her before, making it slightly difficult to reconcile what he saw with the person he knew. The young man nodded in her direction and walked to the booth.

Soran did his best to smile at the mercenary woman as he sat down. He kept practicing social interactions in the past month since they had last seen each other, though there were hardly any notable progress. “It is nice to see you too. Though I do not have much of a business.” The young man adjusted himself in his seat and managed to stay stoic and hold back a blush that would have covered his face as he looked at Arial. He still did not understand why the Mercenary woman brought such reactions to him, he had not once had such a feeling or reaction in the past month. “It really is nice to see you. You seem… relaxed. It is a good look on you.”

Before the two could begin conversing about anything serious the Zeltron waitress returned with Arial’s order, strutting her way to the table rather than walking. “Here’s your coffee your coffee sweetie.” The waitress said as she bent forwards needlessly far to put the cup on the table. “Is that your friend? Oh my, he’s a little young for you no?” the pink skinned waitress added before leaning forward halfway across the table, this time in Soran’s direction. “So what will you have hot stuff?” Zeltrons certainly were direct.

Soran could feel the effects of the woman’s empathic abilities and most likely pheromones. The combined effects of the two causing a sense of relaxation and mild euphoria, emotions Zeltrons were known to lean on to get what they wanted. However any self respecting Jedi knew of such tricks and could count on their own mental capacities and the Force to resist such things. “I will just have a coffee as well, thank you.” Soran said stoic, keeping his eyes fixed on the waitress’s own, not deigning to even glance further down her figure. Matisa frowned in a mix of frustration and confusion at the Padawan’s lack of reaction. “Very well. If either or both of you need me for anything.” She clearly emphasized the anything. “You know where to find me.” The Zeltron added before walking away.

@Algarus

4. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial smiled, folding her hands before speaking. "I'm trying something new. My friend suggested I try living here for a change. But frankly, it's just not for me." She shrugged her shoulders, knowing that she'd have to look for a new apartment in the near future. "I'm surprised you didn't go for something more comfortable. The climate here doesn't go well with the robes and trousers combo." She commented, pausing as the waitress arrived. "Oh, it's not like that." Arial said, feeling a tad bit of annoyance within herself grow. Why did this woman care how young the padawan look? Unless the waitress was trying to come onto her. Great.

Arial fought off the aroma of the pheromones that pelted her, though it was a tad annoying dealing with. As relaxing and nice as the sensations felt, they often tempered with thinking. She ignored the clear sign of the waitress showing interest in her, she just wasn't the type for that sort of thing. "I wanted to talk to you about the last job we did."
    @z0pu

5. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    To finish off the small talk Soran addressed his attire,urge by Arial’s comment. “This is actually the kind of clothing they wear on desert planets. Keeps you cool and make it easier to hide a certain weapon. I would have a hard time doing it in a swimsuit or...” The Padawan looked over at the various Zeltron patrons and employees of the café. “Whatever passes for clothing around here.”

With the chatter out of the way it was time to address the real reasons the two were meeting again. “So what did you find? We knew there was more to all that encrypted data than just the mad ramblings of Teshu. I am assuming this is why we are here.” Soran in turn clasped his hands together on the table leaned forward a bit.

The waitress once again came over, this time with Soran’s order. Most likely from the lack of either the humans even glancing at her this time the waitress did not hover over the table. Soran had attempted to research some of the Rodian’s notes and ramblings but nothing really panned out. That Nix Panith had some illegal dealings was nothing shocking, his very financing of the Galactic Alliance in a mostly Sith controlled galaxy was illegal in and out of itself. Whatever the Rodian’s finds had been they seem to link to someone, or something else, Panith was just a cog in a machine.

Soran was very interested in knowing what the former Imperial had found out. There was no doubt in the young Jedi’s mind that Arial was a much more qualified operative than him when it came to computer slicing and information gathering. The Padawan looked intensely in the Mercenary’s deep green eyes as he waited for any and all the information she had gathered in the past month.

@Algarus

6. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial smirked at Soran's commentary on the clothing of the world, which Arial didn't disagree with. "I think I have a closet full of clothing from this world that I haven't even touched. I can't say I'm a fan of the style. Mostly because I can't conceal weapons as easy." She lamented, thinking of the credits she could have saved if not for that 75% off sale. Yet at the same time, she needed clothes to make her look like a local; she just couldn't bare to actually wear that crap however. "I don't think they adhere to what we call 'clothing' here. Half the time it feels like there's a contest for most revealing outfit going on." She snickered, before moving onto the task at hand. Pulling out a holopad, she set it on the table. "Anyways, Teshu had alot of intresting partners. Lots of people funneling in money to him." She opened up the financial listings, as the amount of credits being funneled to the Rodian was staggering.

"Here's where it gets interesting." Arial pressed a key on the pad, as the display switched to the a page that showed outgoing transfers from the Rodian's account. The list of outgoing transfers was staggering, but all transactions were going to a handful of accounts. "Unfortunately I can't get ahold of whoever' accounts these are. But Teshu was paying someone on the side. Maybe for his gear or hired help." Arial shrugged. She couldn't tell for certain. Maybe if she was still in Imperial Intelligence she might have had a chance, but now? There was no way. She took a moment to sip from her mug, sighing at the hot coffee within. Caffeine was a blessing upon the universe, without it, Arial wasn't sure she'd have her sanity intact. "I'm thinking Panith might have irked more people that he might be aware of. I just don't know who those people might be." Arial said, setting her mug down. It was funny, years ago if one was to tell her she'd be sharing some coffee and discussing a mission with a jedi, she would have been insulted for having her loyalties questioned. But now? It didn't seem all that bad. She couldn't vouch for all jedi, certainly not, but Soran was a decent bloke.

@z0pu

7. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran admittedly zoned out for a moment. As Arial mentioned she had indeed bought quite a few examples of Zeltron clothing, the Padawan’s mind… wondered. Trying to picture the mercenary woman wearing such outrageous outfits. But he quickly chased off such thoughts from his mind. This was neither the time nor place for such nonsense.

Refocusing on the conversation at hand, Soran listened intently as every detail Arial could spare. Trying to piece together what little he knew about the Banking Clan, Nix Panith and the Rodian Teshu. There was clearly some odd connection out there but they were clearly missing some fact to try and decipher the whole thing.

“Was there mention of any place? A location of interest where we might dig up some extra piece of information? We are clearly missing some key detail at the moment.” Soran assumed there was more, it was hard to imagine the former Imperial Agent had asked Soran to meet her half way across the galaxy with little more than unknowns and out there conjectures.

Still there was little doubt in the Padawan’s mind that this would lead in many more odd situations. Hopefully none of them involving drunk Gamorreans this time.

@Algarus

8. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial smiled as the young man asked about the destination of the transactions. "They are all over the place." She stated. "I found one that went to Cato Nemodia, another on Nar Shaddaa, and another one on Corellia." Arial stated her smile still present on her face. It had taken some time, but she managed to work out just where these transactions were going; though it was no means easy. "I was thinking it you were free and curious like me, maybe we could snoop around and figure out just what is going on."

She wasn't sure if he'd be up for it. After all, their last job got a little out of hand, and they at least got paid for that. This time it's just be for curiosity sakes, but she was sure that the Banking Clan would be more than happy to compensate them should they have evidence of foul play.

Matisa had returned by now, the waitress leaning in towards Arial, though the agent watched the woman with weary eyes. "You doing alright sweetie? Anything I can do for you, or to you?" She asked sweetly, though Arial could have sworn the woman had winked at her. The agent could feel the pheromones trying to work their magic on her currently, but she fought it off, keeping her thoughts on the task at hand. "No, we're fine here, aren't we Soran?" Arial asked, looking to her companion. If nothing was required of her, the Zeltron would leave, strutting away, though Soran would sense a but of jealousy coming from the pink hued alien. Arial sighed, leaning in towards him. "Now you see why I can't stand this place?" She asked, wondering if they were better off conducting this meet up at her apartment; though she wasn't sure of Soran's thoughts on that.
    @z0pu

9. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran nodded as Arial further explained what she had learned, before finally asking if he wanted to join her in finding out more. “Of course. I have already come halfway across the galaxy for these answers. I am not stopping now.” It was all true, there was something much darker and much bigger behind the whole mess the pair had face on Muunilinst.

Before the two could talk anyone the Zeltron once again returned and leaned closer to Arial, making more suggestive comments. The Padawan simply nodding at the mercenary's question. As the waitress walked away Soran could feel frustration and a tinge of jealousy emanating from the pink alien woman. As Arial asked if the Padawan understood why she did not like living on Zeltros, Soran had for once a somewhat witty reply. “I am not sure what you mean. The locals seem very welcoming. That waitress in particular seems very fond of you.” Soran managed a wry smile at his comment.

“Though I would suggest a different venue if we wish to discuss more sensitive matters without further interruption.” The young Jedi added feeling the intent of a certain waitress to make her presence well known and constant for as long as Arial was present in this café.

@Algarus

10. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial drained another half of her coffee, before speaking again, keeping an eye on the Zeltron woman as she made her rounds about the cafe. Though she did narrow her eyes at Soran when he teased her about not seeing the issue. "You keep this up and I'll drop you off at the Gamorean resort. I'm sure they'll be fond of you too." She grinned, drinking from her mug once more. Arial debated on just moving the conversation out of the cafe, after all, she had plenty of room for the padawan to be her guest. Arial paused and began going through her wallet, as she sorted out the payment. "Perhaps you're right. We'd be better off at my place. Though, it's not completely decorated." Arial commented, setting her credits on the table, she finished her coffee with one gulp, and set it down on the table. "That is if you're alright with that?" Arial asked, as she stood up, though she didn't know how the padawan would feel about that. Unless Soran had qualms against it, Arial would slip out before the Zeltron could round back around for another round of flirtations. If Soran agreed, Arial would join the padawan in his rental speeder and lead him back to her place.

Arial's apartment was rather close to the beach, with a direct view of some sort of amusement park in the distance. The place itself was rather cozy, though Arial was lacking abundant furniture. Several pieces of art showed artistic renderings of old temples, or scenic paintings of dark rain forests. It seemed as if she had only moved in recently. "Take a seat, anything you want to drink? I think I have a few spirits in the cabinet." Arial asked, as she set her holopad on the counter, looking to Soran as she was prepared to get him refreshments if he so needed it.
    @z0pu

11. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran felt a tad apprehensive as stepped into Arial’s apartment, he couldn’t quite place why, but there was something almost scary about entering the mercenary’s private dwelling. The place was nice Soran supposed, if a bit bare. Though from the art of temples and rainforests the Padawan assumed that Arial was from such a world, though which exactly was impossible to guess from but a few pictures and artwork.

The young man took a seat on one of the couches that faced the large windows. The view was nice, though again, Soran supposed there wasn’t a place with a bad view on Zeltros, the native were way too hedonistic to even consider living somewhere that did not have a view. If they did it probably had many other “perks”.

“No thank you. I do not actually drink.” Soran replied when asked about drinks and spirits. It wasn’t any sort of Jedi restriction, nor was it some sort of age restriction; the Padawan was of human drinking age in almost every system in the galaxy; it was just a matter of taste. Soran was not really fond of alcohol or spirits, he did not particularly enjoy the taste nor did he appreciate the effects it had on his physiology. Not that it mattered much to a Jedi as purging the alcohol and its effects from the body was not a very difficult task for one trained in the ways of the Force.

Soran did take off the poncho like cloak he wore over his clothing He did not need to hide his lightsaber while in Arial’s apartment. Once the two were sit and comfortable Soran would attempt to resume the conversation they tried to have back in the café. “So, now that we are in a waitress free environment. What did you have in mind when you said you wished to go investigate something?”

@Algarus

12. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Well, suit yourself." Arial stated, as she grabbed her own glass and poured herself some water. She paused for a moment to take in the view, one of the few things about this place she appreciated. It had taken most of her credits from the last three missions to afford, but she had plenty left over from her savings; hell if she ever got back into her Imperial accounts she'd be a millionaire. Soran had removed that silly poncho from his person, as she could now see his lightsaber on display. She grinned at the thought of teasing the poor padawan, but decided against it. After all, he was probably already uncomfortable about being invited into her apartment, though she invited him to sit down at her table for two by the window.

Soran asked about what Arial was planning on doing, and after the Agent drained half of her glass, she set it down and began her sales pitch. "Well, I'm thinking that if we get our hands on some real slicing tech, I can run these numbers and find out who these individuals are. Then, we go after them, I'm thinking Panith might even compensate us if we can prove these people might have had something to do with his attack." Arial shrugged, unsure if it was a good idea or not. "I know you're a busy person and all, galaxy at peril. Not to mention we might get all this work done for nothing. So maybe it's a dumb idea. I was just thinking that with Panith being as important as you say he is, might help if we cover his rear before someone stabs him." Arial finished, taking back her drink and raising it to her lips.
    @z0pu

13. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran listened carefully to what Arial had to say in regards to the data, how to decrypt more of it and what to use it for if they do succeed. Soran stood up as he began to think about what the former Imperial agent had told him.

As was the young man’s habit he began to pace and rub his chin as he thought carefully of all the implications. “It is like I have said Arial. I did not come across half the galaxy thinking your plans and ideas were not worth pursuing. I think we should absolutely pursue all of this. The question is how.” The young padawan stopped pacing for a moment and managed a wry smile in direction of the mercenary woman, trying to show he believed this was all worth it.

However Soran immediately reverted back to his pacing and chin rubbing. “Where would find such slicing tech? How de we acquire it? If multiple targets are spread far apart across the galaxy, do we go after each? Only some? Do we go together or split up? How do travel? Common transportation will probably only get us so far.”

The Padawan did not expect the Arial to have an answer to each of these questions. The more he thought about it the more the undertaking seemed large. It would require careful planning and execution. Otherwise the pair would find themselves with even less than they started with.

@Algarus

14. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial nodded, listening to the padawan as he asked questions about how they would find their targets, but thankfully she had a plan. It was going to take some work, involve a lot of running around, but she was fairly certain the plan would work. “Well, we’d need to hit up Nar Shaddaa, Mando territory. There are still a few tech venders who sell the off the books slicing tech. Once I have that, we’d need to track down the banks on each of these worlds, once I get ahold of the data from the banks, I run it back through a filter to match the account numbers I have. I won’t bore you with the details, but I can figure out who these accounts belong to, given time.” She crossed her legs, leaning back in the chair. “I have my own ship that I’m working on, but it’ll take a day or two to have prepped and ready to go. I was thinking with the two of us, we could get this done hopefully in the next two weeks.” She shrugged her shoulders, pausing to calculate how long the tracking numbers might take. “Give or take a week, running the numbers is a pain in the butt.” She looked to Soran, a small smile on her face. “So, that’s what I was thinking. I’ll pay for everything, just need an extra hand to help me out.” She wasn't sure how the Padawan felt about being outside of his circle, not to mention being alone with her for almost two weeks. Still, she wasn't forcing this on him, if he wanted to go, it would be of his own free will.
    @z0pu

15. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran took in every word, processing them. This was going to be a very large undertaking. The Padawan truly felt appreciative that the Former Imperial Agent thought of him for such a mission.

The young man sat back on a comfortable chair facing Arial. "Of course I will help. I have already said as much. I came here so we could do this together, not for the weather and definitely not for the locals." Soran managed a wry smile at his own little joke. "While I don't know much about slice tech, I do know a fair bit regarding space travel and getting to places where most people don't want to be or should not be. I have actually been to Nar Shadaa before; technically. I have been on a ship that docked at a port in Nar Shadaa. I suppose that counts for something. I am also fluent in Hutesse and most other languages spoken around these part. So while I may not be the most use with the slicing, I can definitely be of some service."

The young Jedi actually leaned back in his own chair slightly, starting to relax. "Also I do believe I have proven I was capable enough to defend myself should things go... wrong."

There were a couple more things Soran wanted to ask but he was not sure how much Arial would want to share, after all it mostly centred around her personal affairs. "Are you need of any assistance regarding the ship and preparations? Anything I could do?"

@Algarus

16. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran's response brought a smile out of the former agent. Frankly, there was no one else she'd trust to take this mission with her, Soran had respect for her methods, and unlike Hask, she didn't need to worry about the young man going on the warpath. Soran would feel a sense of relief come from the woman across from him, though he would have guessed that she was expecting him to agree to come along non the less. If anything, she was a tad surprised he was agreeing to go with her for such a period of time, especially given her past. "Are you sure you aren't here for the locals? I'm sure there are some young Zeltron girls who would just love to meet you." Arial smirked, aiming to stir a reaction from the padawan. She wasn't expecting the young man to know much about slicing, but at least he had experience with travel. Being able to speak Huttese was also somewhat helpful, but if she recalled Soran knew several other languages as well. "I know you have your uses, master jedi, because you can read people much better than I can. Which, trust me, on Nar Shaddaa is a game changer. Besides, having a rough and tumble jedi with me will make people think twice about trying to take advantage of me." That was another reason he'd be tagging along, it was an utter pain trying to meet with some of the lower level folks as a woman on her own.

Soran then brought up the ship and anything he could do to help, which while nice, she wasn't going to expect him to load up her ship for her; though it was a very nice sentiment. "No, you don't have to. I'm letting my new crew stock up on everything. Until then, just sit back and relax." Arial said, getting up to refill her glass, looking back to the padawan. "The ship belonged to a friend of mine, so I'm having some things rearranged before I start using it full time." She paused to drink from the glass, having learned to appreciate the ease of access to water since her exile to that damned desert world.

@z0pu

17. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran nodded, Arial made fair points. If there was nothing the Padawan could do to help, then there was no point in pressing the matter. That did leave a question hanging in the air however. What to do now?

Arial obviously attempted humour by bringing the topic of young Zeltron women, but thought did nothing for Soran. He did not care for the brightly coloured Zeltron and their proclivities. Which in a way struck him as odd, he was not some celibate monk, and by no mean immune to women and their charms, but for some reason when speaking with Arial the thought of the scantly clad Zeltros natives did not even bring about a reaction from him.

Soran simply looked around the Former Imperial’s apartment, trying to find something to talk about. Sadly Simply sitting there doing nothing and being awkward was not going to be an option, that is not how people behave around each other.

Scanning the walls, the young man’s eyes were caught by the framed pictures of rainforests. Perhaps that was some sort of a conversation starter. “So… do you like rainforests? You appear to have quite a few pictures of them around here.”

That was pretty weak as far as openers went but the sad truth was, Soran was not a good conversationalist. He enjoyed thinking and quiet places, not talking with people, though doing so with the woman sitting across from him did not bother him. Still a conversation was needed, otherwise he would just start thinking. His mind would sling back to the night where the two converesed in Panith’s guest rooms, then it would bring focus that for a large part of the conversation Arial had been wearing… well nothing. Simply covering herself with a sheet. That fact had not bothered the Padawan before, nor did it distract him at the time, but now for some strange reason the thought felt all sorts of distracting yet terribly inappropriate.

@Algarus

Algarus likes this.
  18. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial could see the gears spinning in the padawan's mind, though she could only figure that the man was trying to make conversation. Even her attempt of tormenting him about the Zeltron women seemed to do nothing. Maybe he just wasn't into that, which being a jedi, was understandable. What she hadn't expected was for him to ask about the rain-forests. Soran would immediately detect Arial's mood would change drastically, from a mild amusement to a deep nested sadness. Despite everything, Arial's smile would fade, as her expression changed to a more troubled look. She tried not to think of home often, despite it being over half a decade, she was certain she'd never be able to go back. "Well, you're more attentive than I pegged you for." Arial said, looking back to Soran. "I was born on Drommand Kaas. So....kinda grew up with the whole jungle environment." Arial looked down at the glass in her hand, thinking back to her time in the rain, the sense of calm it instilled in her, and the fact she would never feel that sensation again. Her family's home-world for the past three centuries....and she'd never get to see it again.

"Unfortunately, I can't go back. I'd like to, I really would. But I can't." Arial sighed, looking back to the padawan. "I got sent to die on a mission five years ago. It was some god awful desert world, and I was supposed to be trying to infiltrate the Exchange. Well, the mission I went on happened to be the same one half a clan of Mandos showed up to. So, here I was, with two guards and myself, against four Mandalorians and their partners. Six on three." Arial shook her head, a small fury taking over her for a brief moment, before she got a grip on herself. "Anyways, I was the only one who lived. I managed to fall back into the cave, and the assholes thought it'd be funny to bury me alive." Arial shook her head, gripping her fists. "I lived, but my transport had been destroyed, along with my distress beacon and....well....in the Sith Empire, I'm listed as a dead agent. No one ever came back to get me." Arial paused, realizing aside from Hask, no one else know where she had come from. That idea made her a tad depressed, but she pushed on. "Well, that doesn't matter. But yes, I like rain forests." Arial sighed, looking out the window. "I got told that this world was like Drommand Kaas. But....it's just too...happy." Arial said, her tone sounding confused as she said the word 'happy'.

@z0pu

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    z0pu likes this.
  19. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial’s deep sadness momentarily overwhelmed Soran. Had the young man known bringing about questions of rainforests would result in such sorrow the question would have never left his lips. “I am so sorry for bringing this up. Truly.” That was all he could say really.

Still a faint part of Soran was glad it had been Mandalorians and not Alliance soldiers or Jedi that had ended the life Arial had known so completely. He suspected they would not be having this conversation at all if that had been the case. At the mere mention of the Mandalorians Arial’s sadness turned into a clear anger.

The Jedi could not help but be reminded of one of the teachings of the order. Sadness leads to pain, pain leads to hate; and hate; leads to the Dark Side. The pain of her loss and the anger at those who caused it, they would gnaw ate her heart unless she found closure. The very fact she was confused at uttering the word happy proved it all the more to Soran.

“Do not let it rule you. Your past, your pain and anger. We talked before about how the Jedi and Sith were different, that is another aspect. Some say Jedi have no emotions, that is not true, we simply do our best to keep them in check, to not let them rule over us. Sith let their feelings rule them, they seek not to get past their pain and trauma, just to bath in them so it can fuel their hate and their power in the Dark Side. They simply choose to ignore or justify that these emotions and the Dark Side corrupts them not only mentally but physically. Their bodies decay from the Dark Side. But that is not only true of Force users, to hold on to all that pain, it hurts you all the more, even without the Force.”

Soran looked straight into Arial’s green eyes as he said the last bit. It may have been a clumsy way to go about it, but the teachings of the Jedi and the Force were the only thing Soran knew well enough to use as an illustration to his point. He wished to convey to the Former Imperial Agent how all her pain and anger would just keep eating her from the inside out unless she learned to let go.

“I was sad and angry too. When my parents were killed. I was truly lost, but I learned. I learned that I could get past it. That I could let go of all the pain. If I could do it, I am sure you can. You are a much stronger person than I am.” The Padawan managed a wry smile, it was just the best he could do, comforting people was even less one of his skills than simply talking to them was. It was said some gifted Force users could calm the emotions and dull the pain of others, Soran truly wished he had been one of those in that moment.

@Algarus

Algarus likes this.
  20. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "No, it's fine. I hardly get to talk about home anymore." Arial said, trying to make sure the padawan didn't feel guilty. Soran's words, while appreciated, weren't going to be enough for the young woman. The anger she felt wasn't eating at her, no it was just brewing there, bubbling and when she was ready to drive a vibro-knife through the center of those stupid 'T' shaped visors, then that's when she'd tap into it. She didn't use the force, she couldn't tap into it, she could feel it...so how was she affected by the same rules of her. His words, while sweet and aiming at fixing the anger she kept with her, wasn't going away until she could see Mandalore itself burn for what they did to her. So as nice as Soran was with his sweet words and jedi doctrine, they were just words to Arial. Maybe in time she could learn to let go, but...that wasn't in the imminent future.

"You see, part of the reason I was trying so hard in Imperial Intelligence, is that my parents were executed on false charges. So...I was hoping if I got high enough in the order, I could figure out who put them to death."
    Arial let out a deep sigh, not anger this time, just a rather sad acceptance of the fact she'd never figure it out. "That'll never happen now." Arial chuckled, perhaps in disbelief at the whole ordeal. She looked back at Soran -were his eyes always grey?- she spoke. "Soran, sometimes...that anger lets you feel justified. All I have left is my anger. So...maybe you're the stronger person here, master jedi. Me?" Arial chuckled, crossing her arms across the table. "I'm not ready to let go of that. If I let go, I won't have anything to keep going. Anger gave me a drive, a way to focus everything I had into one direction....without that...what do I have?" Arial asked, not expecting an answer. There was no anger coming from her now, just a deep seeded sadness, mixed with acceptance. She knew that path for her life was gone, and she'd accepted that fact.
    @z0pu

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    z0pu likes this.