Open  Coruscant Home, Sweet Home

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Jax Endar, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Jax Endar

Jax Endar Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Icepop213
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Home, sweet home." Jax Endar stepped out of his ship and into the hangar. He looked around at the myriad of people that were coming and going, and smiled. It had been a while since he had been on Coruscant, his homeworld, and Jax, who had just completed a job, had come to spend his money. He wasn't familiar with this level, so he asked a Rodian who was about to board a shuttle where he could find the nearest cantina. After receiving this information, Jax immediately made his way to the establishment.

This particular cantina wasn't impressive by any means, and it was quite small, but as long as the bartender served his drinks without questions, Jax was happy. He stepped inside and observed the interior of the cantina, which was just as dilapidated as the exterior was. The patrons, who were in the same condition as the establishment, glanced over at Jax when he entered, most of them paying him no mind, some of them scowling at him before returning to their drinks. Jax walked down toward the bar and sat down on a rusty bar stool before asking the bartender for a drink. Jax took his helmet off and placed it next to him on the bar. Once he got his drink, he downed it in one gulp. "Give me another, and leave the bottle this time," he said to the bartender. He looked behind him and discovered that some of the patrons had been watching him since he entered the cantina, though they quickly looked away when he turned to look at them.

Jax was young, eighteen to be exact, and a rare sight to behold in this particular cantina, as many of the people who frequented it were retired smugglers or bounty hunters who were well past their prime. Very few actually made it very far in their endeavors, having discovered how unfit they were to pursue these lifestyles. A few had succeeded in their prospects and rose to some degree of fame in their time, though they were now well past those days, having either become too old, or having received some debilitating injury that forced them to give up their ambitions. Jax gulped down another shot and began to fiddle with one of his blasters, keeping an ear out for any information that could lead to a possible job.

2. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    " What reason could a lad like you have for drinking so much?" Janiph chuckled at the young from a few seats down. The sith had come here to close some business deals, as well as say goodbye to some old friends before he left for Korriban when he witnessed the young Jax with his bottle. At first he had not cared a bit to speak to the man, but something about his visage inspired a sadistic curiosity in Janiph's malevolent mind. Did this one think himself some go getter? Some hot blooded fool who was swarmed by women everywhere he placed his rear?

" Surely you haven't a reason to be miserable, and there are no lovely young ladies here, so liquid courage is hardly needed." Janiph took to his feat and closed the distance between himself and the young man, his grin growing ever wider, much like a serpent seeking to devour a rat.

" Fancy sharing that bottle with one of your betters, little man?" He cooed, eyes flashing with wicked intent.

3. Jax Endar

Jax Endar Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Icepop213
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Jax slowly became more irritated as the man kept talking, but attempted to keep a cool head. "I like booze. Something wrong with that?" He took another shot before messing with his blaster again. An wave of anger swept over him when the man had called himself Jax's "better". Jax guessed it was some wealthy individual from upper city, come to flaunt his wealth and assert his dominance over the "scum" of the underworld. Jax had had the "pleasure" of running into such individuals before, but there was something about this man's expressions and mannerism that marked him different from the others he had come across. It seemed to allude to something darker.

"You want a drink? You're more than capable of paying for it yourself." Jax was about to pour another shot, but instead took the whole bottle and chugged the rest of it down right there. He slammed it down hard enough to startle a few of the patrons sitting next to him. Jax attempted to calm down and looked down at his blaster again. It was clear this man was trying to elicit this type of response from him, and Jax didn't want to entertain him anymore than he already had.

@Doomfingers

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  4. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    This challenge irritated Janiph, though he made an effort to not make it visible. How easily would it be to strangle this one? Perhaps shoving a blade through his heart would be a better solution? Oh how the sith wished he could afford to act so carelessly, but that was not the way the world worked. True his position might afford him so degree of leniency, he doubted he would escape the whole affair unhindered, once more it would keep him from making his journey. With a smile spreading across his face he closed the distance between the other, simply placing a hand upon his shoulder.

"You have spirit, dear sir. More so than the rest of this lot to be sure."
    He chuckled as he motioned towards the others in the cantina who had been watching the two since Janiph had approached him. "What is your name, might I ask? I know most of the riff raff the shows up here, including the off worlders, but you? I dare say I've yet to have the distinguished pleasure of your company till now."

5. Jax Endar

Jax Endar Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Icepop213
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Jax had calmed down considerably since the outburst, but was still a little on edge. "Name's Jax." He wasn't much for words, so this would have to suffice for the man. Jax obviously didn't have much to say, and would have preferred to spend his time in the cantina alone with his drink, but looks like it was too late for that now. Jax, having realized that he had finished off the bottle, called the barkeeper and ordered another one. Normally Jax liked to be frugal with his money, but he splurged on occasion. He had thought about maybe modifying his blasters, but it seemed that would have to wait for now. He poured a drink for himself and for his new guest, a sort of unspoken apology. Normally Jax wouldn't bother, but this time he would rather be careful. He didn't know what connections this man had, and didn't want to start something he would later regret. He took a long sip, then said "Don't usually see your kind down here. You got some sort of business going on?" Jax probably shouldn't have pried, but he hoped that the drink would help to soften the blow. Who knows? This could open up the possibility of a new job, something which Jax couldn't afford to miss.

6. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Oh its quite common for me to show face in establishments such as this, I am a charitable sort, and what better way to uplift the poor, uneducated, dirty common folk by allowing them stand in the presence of true grandeur?" He spoke, eyeing the others before his cold gaze came back to Jax. " Don't let that bother you though, I speak only of the locals! You are not from here, that at the very least means you have some purpose to serve." This one was young but still able to travel from place to place, contemptible he might have been but there was a twinge of value to be had, albeit of limited use. Perhaps it would do Janiph well to utilize this child, if anything it would save him time. He'd have to decide as they continued this conversation

" As it stands I will soon be departing this world and traveling to Korriban, a grabd venture awaits me on the red world.".

7. Jax Endar

Jax Endar Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Icepop213
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Korriban, huh?" Jax had heard of this planet a few times, although he didn't know much. He had heard it had some connection with the sith, but he didn't know much beyond that. "And what did you mean by 'purpose to serve'? You got some sort of job for me?" This could be just what Jax was looking for. Jax had already guessed that he was at least somewhat wealthy, and so was able to spend a lot of credits. This could also mean that the job could be more difficult than usual. Jax poured himself another drink and pondered over this. What would a man of his stature want with some bounty hunter? Now, Jax knew, or at least thought of himself as better than many of the other bounty hunters he had come across, but he wasn't that well known. This could be a chance to spread the word, so to speak. Still, something seemed odd about this man, though Jax couldn't put his finger on it. The man had mentioned Korriban, as if he had been there before. Perhaps he had connections with the sith? This could be either good or bad for Jax, depending on the nature of the job and how well he is able to carry it out. Then again, maybe there was no job, and he had gotten excited over nothing.

8. Janiph Balguir

Janiph Balguir Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    doomfingers
    Character Profile:
    Link
    " I could potentially, it all depends on if I think you are up to it..." As it stood Janiph was hardly impressed by him, barely above the retches that slithered and crawled in the gutters, and the task he had in mind was one that would involve a decent degree of willpower and ingenuity. He would not trust his favorite hobby to be satisfied by some little man he had never heard of, not until he had reason to.

Choosing not to entertain his desire to drink, the sith cracked his pale fingers, a habit that denoted himself lost in thought. Sending this boy to his death would perhaps be worth while in of itself, he had disrespected him moments ago after all. If worse came to worse and he failed, at least Janiph had the peace of mind that someone who irritated him would likely die a slow and painful death. Very well then, he had made his mind up. "...I suppose I don't see the harm in testing your abilities. I want you to find and capture a mandalorian for me. I care not who it is, so long as the retch belongs to that clan of savages and degenerates."