1. A new timeline set some 500 years after the events of the current timeline will be launched on December 15th!

Hey there, gonna need all the help I can get.

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Help' started by Brick, May 10, 2018.

1. Brick

Brick Expensive Suits and Shiny Guns

Ok so I post as DM right?

Herrith likes this.
  2. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

You can. If you're going to post as DM, my suggestion is to set up a 'guide' (person, group, thing) who can receive us at wherever we dock--I'm wagering a local port. The guide can then tip us on where to go from there, if not lead us directly.

Said 'guide' could be whoever or whatever you want. A protocol droid, a shady broker, a receptionist, a civil officer, a pack of bounty hunters after the same prize...etc

If you're posting next, though, then maybe just set the stage and if Herrith is posting after you then she can show the ship arriving and/or interacting with the 'guide' (Codex or I could do this as well).

Brick and Herrith like this.
  3. Brick

Ok, I’ll post as DM

4. Brick

Annnnd I posted, you should like this.

5. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

Bring on the tour!

Herrith and Brick like this.
  6. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

@TenthCodex

Hey you gonna post? Or are we playing skippage? I’ll post next if so

7. TenthCodex

TenthCodex Bjork Utopia Tour 2018

Oh shit, I didn't even know I was up. Uh, I guess I can get a post out. Do any of you guys got a link to the thread? (Sorry, kind of forgot a lot of stuff while I was on my break.)

Die Shize likes this.
  8. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

On my phone so links are hard but just search for “Jetha” or another of our names and it should pop up

9. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

Please no one post next.

I’m after Alask and got skipped.

ty

Herrith likes this.
  10. Brick

oops sorryyyy

Herrith likes this.
  11. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

Soooooo unless someone knows a solid method of obtaining Microsoft Word then I'm probably going to need a day before I can post.

I can't make posts unless it's on Word and my new comp doesn't have it, and Microsoft wants me to fork out $100+ to get it

Brick and Herrith like this.
  12. TenthCodex

What about google docs?

Herrith likes this.
  13. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

I prefer Word but somehow it still works so w/e

Herrith likes this.
  14. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

I’m posting this because I forgot that The Storyteller already replied before me and my own reply was constructed around The Storyteller posting next lol

So I have this habit of being too obscure IC, kind of a result of writing mainly third person limited POV, but just to clarify Jetha didn’t plan on walking away completely.

Oh, she’ll keep walking if it comes to it, especially with the group, but she’s banking on the tour guide stopping her for some sweet, sweet haggling and a discount!

That opportunity is still there—I mean it could come with a cheap ferry to some place before they ditch the guide—but I left it open-ended.

@Quazi you can potentially stop Jetha then. Don’t need to rp the haggling if we don’t want to. Can just narrate the guide giving in and go from there. Alternatively, he can oh-well-your-loss his way back to the south gate and we can creatively find a new role for you.

I just like having options and non-linear pacing, but again, I can also be too vague sometimes lol

Herrith likes this.
  15. Brick

16. Herrith

Herrith She's So Unusual

@Die Shize I know she didn't plan on walking away, it's just fun to toss in a joke here and there.

Die Shize likes this.
  17. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

No, your post flowed right with it.
    I only bothered to paragraph this OOC simply because I forgot that Storyteller is no longer after me cause of the post break, and so many replies later could conceivably throw Quazi off regarding Jetha’s intentions.

In other words, I didn’t want our fearless leader to feel like his DM char was being abandoned so soon lol

Herrith likes this.
  18. TenthCodex

Alask at least gave the guy a bit of cash to go enjoy himself. (Also posting because I stopped getting Notifs)

Die Shize and Herrith like this.
  19. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

Yeah that happened to me. Not sure what causes it. I just know that it sucks.

Herrith likes this.
  20. Die Shize

Die Shize The Drifter

So Word officially caught me and I can't use it until I buy it which, apart from being terrible, isn't terrible, but expect a bit of a delay

Herrith likes this.