Heart of the Matter OOC

Discussion in 'Story OOC' started by Loco, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Loco

Loco Tech Admin / Site Mascot RP Administrator

Creating an OOC for the ruling. Future discussion of any pseudo-pvp type actions should be in here, if necessary.

Ruling: @Fyremage's interrupt on @Faster Than Light stands. To avoid the confusion of letting the thread continue on just for FTL's rebuttal to come later and potentially reverse multiple posts and dozens of actions, FTL may make his response now, out of turn, to react to Fyre's interrupt. The thread will continue as normal from that point with @Nightfall096 's next post.

@The Living Daylights @Deviant for situational awareness.

EDIT: Correction, whoever is normally supposed to post next would go after FTL.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Fyremage and Faster Than Light like this.
  2. Fyremage

Fyremage I'm Terrible at PVP

I'm sorry @Faster Than Light but your post does not look to really acknowledge my interrupt as you are still doing the exact same thing. I would request that you edit so has to respect the spirit of the ruling.

3. Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light Dapper af New Members Mod New Members Moderator

I've acknowledged I'm being pulled. That part is acknowledged, that doesn't mean it works fully as you intended. I'm resisting it, and if I do, I can chose to have Dwight ignore your character. Maybe my time-frame looks a little wacky and maybe Vollen would have his hands already on Ruth. But I am still able to to smack Vollen's hand off after he touches Ruth at least, and still time have to cut him off from speaking, maybe after he starts to speak

Edit: Edited post to remove Dwight interuprting Vollen's healing, and edited to have Dwight cut-off Vollen after he starts speaking so the timeline fits better.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  4. Fyremage

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the ruling was that my interrupt was successful. By resisting being pulled, and effectively continuing on with the actions that I am trying to interrupt, it seems to me that you are effectively invalidating my interrupt. I do appreciate you making the edits that you have, but I still feel that your post is not in harmony with the spirit of the ruling. If we want to get down into the minutiae of how things are going down, Anton would simply continue pulling until Dwight moved. If needed I can make a post to that effect, but I feel like that would merely cast us further down into a series of events that wood bog down the thread even more.

What is more, why would Dwight do that? All it would do is cement suspicion that Dwight is doing something intentionally and therefore likely lead us down the rabbit hole of dismissing him from the investigation and derailing this whole plot. I don't want that, I don't think you want that, and certainly no one else wants that.

I don't want this plot to descend into this being a pseudo PVP. I also don't think us discussing this further would reflect well upon either of our characters and either of us. at the end of the day, why is it such a big deal to respect the ruling that has been made, and for us to move on?

In the interest of expediency, and to eliminate the obvious disagreement both you and I have, I would like to tag @Loco to weigh in on this again please.

5. Loco

Loco Tech Admin / Site Mascot RP Administrator

I'm not weighing in on anything without a report. You guys have both been around, and you know the rules. I trust you can work it out and, if not, then you can make another report.

6. Fyremage

Fair enough. Sorry to bother you.

7. Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light Dapper af New Members Mod New Members Moderator

It was ruled to stand, not necessarily that it was 100% successful as you intended (successfully pulling me aside to have a little chat). The ruling was answering the question of if your interrupt can exist, not the success of your intent behind it it.

And once again I am interrupted (which happened, because my initial post was interrupted and I have to adjust from that point on to make things work), I can still react the moment after you start tugging on Dwight's shoulder. And me cutting off Vollen can still fit in my timeframe.

I mean, he is ICLy trying to sabotage the investigation. He already knows he is under suspicion just from his job title alone. And the posts suggest that this question session has a limited timeframe. So if nothing useful was extracted even if he is getting some heat. Mission accomplished.

My post was interrupted, I made my reaction to it (just like the ruling says IE; blowing off your character) I personally don't see how I'm going against the ruling (given my first point). And plus someone (not naming names) told me I could ignore your character after I was interrupted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Fyremage

I suppose this is not going to go anywhere. I appreciate the edits you have made. I'll proceed as best I can. I hope in the future we can cooperate better without having to resort to reports. ✌️