Plot  Tython Hazy Shade of Winter

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Darth Tagus, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

She wanted to see him?

He blinked a little bit as she took off her gloves and she declared that she knew what he was. It was only through his emotional control that he was able to stop himself from tensing up at such a declaration. Indeed, she went on to basically tell him that she believed that he had killed the original Vix Torra. She wasn't wrong about any of it and it was rather hard not to react to that but he was able to pull it off through sheer force of will.

"I don't hate you." he told her simply, looking right at her, "I don't hate you at all. Do I sound like I hate you? Do I feel like I hate you or something?"

He knew that he did not because he did not, in fact, hate her. Sure, she was probably a Jedi. But considering this Jedi was helping him along with his goals? How the hells could he hate her? He shrugged a little bit.

"Maybe you were just afraid you couldn't just... show it to me?" he suggested with a small smile, "When you're so used to hiding something I imagine it becomes a thousand times harder to show it in the future."

Honestly he was considering taking her hand and showing her what he looked like when the behemoth version of the earlier droids decided that it was time to come out and play. Drawing his vibroknife, he took a deep breath and pushed her towards the holocron, out of the way of the droid.

"You grab the prize - I'll distract it."

Charging forwards, he managed to duck underneath a horizontal swing, sliding between it's wide legs. Spinning up onto his knees, he plunged his vibroknife directly into it's leg from behind, where the achilles tendon would be on a humanoid enemy. With it's impressive strength, he kicked back, sending him flying backwards with his knife still stuck in it's leg.

And it's attention far from being on his ally.

@Killa Ree

Killa Ree likes this.
  2. Nikka Toren

Nikka Toren Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    KillaRee
    Character Profile:
    Link
    She was... surprised.

Didn't hate her? Of course they did! Most of them did upon meeting those like her. Just look at Arda! Look at all of her brethren who had been killed in the name of war... or had lost their way. What kind of strange man didn't try to just murder her immediately upon meeting her, or take her as a prisoner? She knew she shocked him; but really, he didn't deny these allegations either. And for some reason, it saddened her.

"I don't show anything."

This was stated calmly. How could she? She was always trapped behind obligation. Behind what was needed and required. But... she believed in her cause. Believed it whole-heartedly, with such a dedication that until now, had given her any single measure of doubt. She wanted to obtain the holocron; she would. No matter the cost.

"Right!"

She sprinted ahead of him, towards the holocron. Even without her Sight, she could sense it, feel the power of the Light humming at her senses, steeling her. Reminding her just why she was here, beyond helping her companion. She was helping someone that she was taught was always beyond help.

And yet.

She remembered Cas. Was he not once like them? Perhaps... no. She was not here to help anyone. She was here to find more about the Order she had joined... and that she would be ascending to Knighthood as soon. This was what she was there for.

She gently picked it up. Ran her fingers over its' complex surfaces. There was a whisper of the Light within it... a feeling. She held it close to her chest, and stood. Turned her face to where she had heard a body hit rock.

Again, there was the dilemma. Did she leave him there... or would she come running back?

The answer came again. She sprinted over to his side. Grabbed his arm. "You alright?" If there was any confirmation, she would drag him with her, her boots ringing hard against the stone.

"Well then, come on, let's book it!"

There was no time to waste. She wasn't really feeling up to fighting a giant steampunk droid either.

@Nefieslab

3. Darth Tagus

Darth Tagus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    Nefieslab
    Character Profile:
    Link

Zeven had to admit that charging an eight foot tall droid built solidly out of some kind of bronze with nothing but a vibroknife was not one of his best ideas. This was compounded by the fact that the damn thing had barely moved it's leg and it had still kicked him clear across the room and into a nearby wall.

His gut hurt like hell.

Groaning, he pulled himself up to his hands and knees, no longer wanting to actually be here. That was kind of a natural reaction to intense and unexpected pain however - the instinctive urge to distance yourself from that which had caused you pain. But thankfully it seemed that the little blind Jedi wasn't about to just let him go down like this.

She moved across the room with the holocron in her possession and began to drag him bodily towards the exit. Needing no further incentive, Zeven pulled himself up to his feet and made tracks with her. The two of them sprinted through the room, narrowly avoiding being slashed open by the droid as they dodged past it through the door.

Remembering the chasm, they both had a much larger run up than before and they managed to clear it in a single leap, their momentum carrying them forward easily enough. Pick their way through the remains of the tunnel was harder but they had incentive enough to make it fast.

Bursting back out into the sunlight of Tython, Zeven took a moment to just suck in a breath of fresh air, looking up at the sky, before relaxing a little bit.

"Archaeology involves a lot more running than usual when Jedi things are involved..." he declared, looking at her for a moment, "So... that thing... do you think you can open it?"

He knew very well that no Sith could.

"Where to next?"

The quest for the blade would continue.

@Killa Ree

4. Nikka Toren

Nikka Toren Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    KillaRee
    Character Profile:
    Link
    She had already unlocked it.

The answer was clearly not a good one; in fact, she was clearly unamused at the turn of events. It should have been highly ironic... but she was loathe to admit irony. She thought she was done with the place. For once and for all... she was done with being in Ilum, done with being in the snow, done with being there in general.

He didn't need to know how she opened it. She merely shrugged, and gave him a slight smile, arching a brow. "Someone already opened it somewhat..." she muttered, as if embarrassed. As the sun and warmth caressed her shoulders, she held it close, chuckling at his statement. "Perhaps it does.. but no more than usual, as far as I'm concerned."

Her wry comments next lost all humor. Instead... she looked as if she'd rather say any other place, any other time. Why with him? Why tell him in the first place. She had half a mind to take the holocron for herself... but there was a link now. An entangling... besides, he owed her his life once.

"Ilum..." she finally said at last, on a sigh.

"But if the script was correct... it's not going to be fun. It says the Caves of Illusion... and from rumor, very few have made it alive."

She tilted her head. "Make no mistake. I need you with me. But... do you need me?"

There was a hesitation, and then a shake of the head, before she began to make her way back to her own ship. It seemed their quest would continue...

Back to an icy planet she swore never to set foot on again unless absolutely necessary.
    /End Thread​

@Nefieslab

Nefieslab likes this.