Ask  Coruscant GSL: THE SHOW

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by The Storyteller, Jan 11, 2019.

1. The Storyteller

The Storyteller Member DM Account

The lights within the booth flickered and flashed to light, as the camera men moved into position, their hands motioning down the count. 3..2...1...Live. The camera's shot to life and panned across the Broadcasting booth that overlooked Grand Drast Insurcance Field, home of the CoCo Town Shipmakers. Two human males, dressed and prepped for the action sat behind a desk, all smiles as their broadcast began.

"Good Evening everyone, this is your host Toni Trailburner with my colleague and fellow host, Jorn Windbomb--welcoming you to this year's exciting coverage of the GSL Draft Combine." Toni responded with a pump of his fist as he turned towards his older partner.

"Yes, you are definitely right Toni, today is where we see the best and brightest of the galaxy's Shockball players come to see if they have what it takes to make it big."

"Jorn..this is where legends are made, where the hologram busts get their start. I am excited to see the crop of young talent that'll be giving us a good performance down there today."

The camera panned over the two of the men for another moment before the camera snapped shut, "And...we're off, take five, we're cutting down to the field, for the combine analysis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the field below a series of scouts, coaches, and star players watched as the newest wave of draft hopefuls made their way onto the field, all assigned numbers that they wore on their shirts. Today was the big day to make their name, to meet the other players and to make a good impression on the organizations across the galaxy, how would these young players handle it?

tag: @Lost Hero

2. Z’Flerrigan Rancorian

Z’Flerrigan Rancorian Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Lost Hero
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The sounds of excited young athletes bouncing energy off one another. The anticipation in the locker room was building as they all got ready to hit the field. The sounds of the rattling of equipment and hurried steps echoed all throughout the room. The athletes were already placing bets and making predictions. Some did so in jest, others were legitimately trying to out-boast on another. There were rumors of world records being broken today, there were rumors of some of the biggest flops coming today. Most of the athletes had naturally congregated with their JSF teammates. This would be one of the few days left for this camaraderie to continue, because come the Draw the odds were very high they’d all go to different teams across the galaxy. However, in this archipelago of friends and teammates, there was a lone raft that drifted with nothing to land on. Sitting alone on the bench was Z’Flerrigan, with nothing but his clothing and a soundbug to keep him company.

He had played for the Ahto Academy Shockball Team, not exactly one of the greats of the amateur shockball scene, and only two others from the team were here at the Combine. He wasn’t close to the ones who came, so he didn’t bother trying to seek them out. Instead he sat and ignored all the side eyes he was drawing. He had almost fallen out of the sport entirely, and rumors about his recent break up were still floating around. He felt his stats didn’t reflect his potential, but others just saw them as evidence of favoritism, that he made it here and others didn’t. Those whispers still got to him, just not as much as before. The media storm had been rough, but he was slowly growing a thicker skin to all the attention, learning what to let bounce off and what to counter. The glares and jeers of his peers didn’t bother him, but just to ensure he wasn’t thrown off his game he had a soundbug playing classical music to drown out the noise.

The time on the wall was showing the event was about to begin and the hype was threatening to boil over. He got ready, putting on his athletic wear and his assigned number, 219. He jogged our alongside the others, some let their excitement get the better of them and did a full sprint towards the field. As he strolled our he could hear the sounds of millions of cams floating above their heads taking pictures. He could hear the thuds of the participants feet against the hard steel and plasteel surface that was consistent with the professional arenas of the GSL. All across the arena there were stations of drills and photographers and record keepers are every which one. He stood there, taking a deep breath. This was his chance to let his actions to the talking, put an end to the rumors that had plagued him for nearly a year now. He stood in his little raft of determination and awaited further instruction.

@TWD26

3. Tarrius Drast

Tarrius Drast Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    TWD26
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Tarrius' eyes scanned the field, watching as the newest recruits stormed onto the field and towards the center of the field. Many of the players here were giddy with excitment and used much of their energy to storm out on the field and give a big celebration. It was foolish, but the Drast really couldn't blame them--if he was in there shoes he would have been just as happy.

But, things never quite worked out that way for Tarrius, or as the galaxy knew him Kal Gast, he joined the league as an unknown and undrafted player with the hopes that he could maybe develop raw athleticism into something noteworthy. He had to work and grind to get to a place of success within the GSL. There was no draft parties or celebrations or analysts talking about how he was the next galactic hall of famer. Everything was earned through blood sweat and tears, not through a silver platter.

"Alright players gather around," a coordinator called out to the players, giving them a few moments to circle around the coordinator and Tarrius, "Today we have a special guest, Kal Gast with us. Here to run through some drills that will test what you are as a person and a player. He worked for everything he had, now let's see if you have what it takes."

Tarrius chuckled as he gave a sly smirk as his hands raised into the air, "Look..it's a pleasure to be here, I wish I had the chance to stand where you are when I was your age, you have the opportunity of a lifetime, one that thousands of undrafted players will look to snatch from you," his voice was serious, "It doesn't matter what you did in the past, it matters about what you do today..With that being said, line up--interval miles, I want 6 sets, max speed and ten seconds of rest in between your mile before starting up." He would clasp his hands as he looked towards them with a wink.

4. Z’Flerrigan Rancorian

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Lost Hero
    Character Profile:
    Link
    After waiting impatiently for his turn, Flerr had stood in agonizing meditation in an effort to calm his nerves. He could feel every cam staring through his very core. He felt as if every eye and ocular appendage in the galaxy that mattered to his future was watching him. This would be the first day, of whatever followed. Either the dawn of his own personal dynasty, or the beginning of the end as he sundered his parents’ legacy. When it was finally his go, he got into position and ran his heart out. He’d practiced running underwater, in heat and cold, with extra weights on his body in an effort to train his physical form to the caliber necessary for a professional athlete. He had sworn off some of his favorite foods to maintain peak physical condition. He had abandoned a much just to prove to the galaxy that he, and by extension his family, were not failures. He could only hope that it was enough.

As he waited for the rest of the invited athletes to run the drill and get the results, he eyed the veteran named Gast that had decided to attend the event. As a side effect of living, eating and breathing the sport for much of his life he had heard of the man previously. He almost envied the mans position in an odd way. Nothing was expected of him, and yet he became one of the greats. Not a part of a grand legacy, not the star player every team was gunning to draw. He revered the man from a distance, but decided he might not get another chance on neutral ground, so he idly walked casually and indirectly towards him. He stopped a little farther than a conversational distance, opting to make idle chatter rather than directly engage him.

“So, you’re Kal Gast? You’re a pretty impressive player, considering the fact you were undrafted. I guess it’s easier impressing people when they’re not expecting anything great in the first place, huh? No one pays attention to the nobodies. I watched some of your film in school. Pretty good. A little slow for my taste, but everyone has their own style, to each his own. Hey, be honest, who do you thinks gonna be the next shockball sensation out of this group? Or do you think this whole class is a wash, a bad batch?”

@TWD26

5. Tarrius Drast

Tarrius Drast Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    TWD26
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Tarrius scoffed at the kid's attempt at flattery. If he knew the amount of hours it took to get his body and intellect ready for such a game, he doubted the kid would be able to keep up. This wasn't a simple workout and feel good story. It was anything, but easy. You had to work and sweat every single day just to stay on the team, and one bad performance could see you cut from the roster in a flash of an eye. This could had it easy, he didn't know anything.

"Keep telling yourself that kid, you don't know kriff about walking in the shoes of hundreds of players go through yearly. The public they don't care about the faceless numbers, but the coaches they watch and count everything, one bad mistake one misjudgment on your part and your career is over in an instant. No public outcry, they don't even know your name, why would they care about your well being? You kids that come through here, have it all..every single one of you have the potential to be the next sensation, but many of you lack discipline or true passion on what this game means," his eyes flared towards the kid, "Find your passion and discipline and maybe you can be the next player, but never judge someone's path as the easier road, it's different on each side of the holo-fence. Now go and get some laps in."

6. Z’Flerrigan Rancorian

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Lost Hero
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kal’s words echoed in his mind, despite his efforts to focus on his laps. The man seemed oddly hostile, considering what he had intended to be idle chatter. The more he dwelled in it, the angrier he got. He started to feel frustration. He was still young, and he had yet to learn which grudges to hold on to. He made it his goal to talk to the man again, and give him a piece of his mind. This pent up aggression did leak into his performance, as he ran as if chasing someone, no longer just for the sake of a number. He kept his eye out, scanning the crowd spaced out across the entire field. He tracked Kal’s movements, until finally he was close enough that Flerr could make his way toward him without going completely out of his way to do so. After all, he didn’t want to make a scene if he could avoid it. Not at the event where every team was watching his every move.

This time he had no qualms of approaching him, making a direct path for him and getting closer than he had before. Keeping his voice tense and low, but above that of a whisper he said “Hey, I’m back old man. If you’re done walking around with that stick up your ass, I was just trying to be nice. I happen to respect your story and I almost envy it. But don’t treat me like a child playing make believe. You think passion for the game got me here? Anyone who has passion for the game is an idiot. Sorry if not in love with the idea of such a cutthroat sport which depends so heavily on the fickle public eye. Okay, this sport is about the mega-billionaires on top, it’s about the numbers, that as for the next new commercial starship. I’m only here because of two reasons. The only reason they want me here is to watch me fail, to watch the offspring of a famous player and coach crash and burn for all the galaxy to see. And the only reason I want to be here is to prove them wrong, for my family. That’s passion. I pity you if you actually love this industry.”

@TWD26