Ask  Nal Hutta Finally

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Petr, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Petr

Petr Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Petr's journey of self discovery had not gone as planned.

In an attempt to know more about the people of the galaxy, its governments, and most importantly himself, Petr had found himself flying around the known systems. This attempt however, had gone south quickly. Petr knew no more about any of the aforementioned things now than he did before his trip. He was most disappointed about his lack of knowledge of himself. Living on Nal Hutta really put a damper on any sort of "real living" anyone could hope to find. Sadly, it was all the young zabrak knew.

Hopefully some day something would sweep Petr off this planet. The one fighter who had crash landed near his home so long ago had opened his eyes to what it was possible to become. Petr dreamed that dream may one day become reality.

@Pam0wl

2. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Disgusting planet. Utterly repulsive. It suited the Hutts perfectly; the sooner Rohana left this planet, the better, lest the swampy stench forever attach itself to her. She had come to the planet to establish some contacts but, more importantly, gauge the political climate. Dark times were ahead and the Jedi would need allies - not the Hutts, necessarily, but perhaps those linked to them.

Still, the pale lady had to step cautiously. It was easy to attract attention if precautions weren't taken; you might as well walk around with a target on your back. This is why Rohana kept her hood up and her saber out of sight.

For now, she stuck to the outskirts of town, talking to the scum of the planet and establishing some groundwork. Truthfully, she considered such work beneath her, being the high born lady of pedigree - but the duty of a Jedi was a thankless one. Sometimes, you simply needed to get your hands dirty. Besides, she hardly trusted anyone else with the job.

But something had been nagging at her; a sensation she was quickly becoming familiar with. The force; more specifically, a force user. Not a sith or anything of the sort, but rather a person with untapped potential. Rohana debated with herself for a moment; she wasn't here actively recruiting for the Jedi - still, she couldn't ignore this. If left unchecked, the force user could become a target for others and maybe even a future enemy.

So, Rohana set out, the ripples in the force guiding her way.

h

41PH4_ likes this.
  3. Petr

Petr Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Character Profile:
    Link
    That night, when that man had crashed his fighter into the grungy trees over the wilderness of Nal Hutta, something changed inside Petr. It's weird how such a mistake could turn into such a blessing. Of course, living in poverty on Nal Hutta meant that you had to fend for yourself. Stealing from the local markets to keep you and your family healthy and fed was a necessary evil. Petr had done it all the time. He became quite good at it. He became so good in fact that he hardly second guessed himself when he set off to make his run every day. Though, this confidence would come to become a lack of carefulness. That night, Petr was caught. This situation turned into a chase that would lead the young zabrak from the heart of the city, into the dangerous wilderness.

It was there that Petr saw the crashed fighter. Petr was fast enough to get far away from the authorities to hide and to catch his breath. Funny enough though, the cave that the young zabrak had chosen to temporarily utilize was also the one that the injured pilot of the Galactic Alliance had chosen to regain himself. That man helped Petr get back to his family. That man would eventually help Petr get his own ship and get off the rock that was his home world. Petr had not heard from that man since. That was a little over eleven years ago. There was no telling whether or not that man was okay, but it did not matter at the moment. After all this time, Petr had found himself back on Nal Hutta. Surely Nal Hutta was just about as far away from where the zabrak wanted to be, but... that's where he was. Also in that time, Petr had begun to feel a certain feeling within him. That feeling was now intensified as a sensation that someone of power was growing near.

Petr poked his head out of the door to the cheap motel he had been staying in. A strange cloaked woman had just walked past his building. Strangers perused the streets all of the time, but this woman seemed different.

@Pam0wl

4. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    There it was again, a curious pulse. It was closer now, within the near vicinity. It almost made Rohana come to a halt, her foot hinging mid-stride but that would have been too obvious. She didn't need immediate attention, not here of all places. So, she kept walking, all but throwing back a casual glance.

Someone had taken notice and ironically enough, it seemed that someone was trying to keep a low profile as well.

All Rohana saw was a flash of skin, perhaps some horns too. A Zabrak? Not surprising, given the species' durable nature and affinity for the Force. She'd need to know more however before making any further decision.

Sensing no deception, or hidden threats, Rohana stalked off, gesturing for the alien to follow her trail. It was something more than a crook of her hand, a subtle motion few would actually acknowledge. But she knew the male was watching close enough to catch it. Hopefully, curiosity would get the best of him and they could both explore one another's potential.

They had to move fast though; Nal Hutta wasn't exactly the most hospitable in terms of community. Out of sight, the two would finally talk under the veil of privacy. Motels were a death trap, in more ways than one. You never knew who was lurking next door, or how many ears chimed in to listen.

41PH4_ likes this.
  5. Petr

Petr Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Character Profile:
    Link
    It was not uncommon for people to act like they have something to hide, especially on Nal Hutta of all places. Petr himself was acting this way. One learned to live in this way while on their own in the galaxy.

Just as Petr was about to turn his head back into his run-down motel room and assume that tonight was going to be no different than any other night, The strange woman seemed to motion for his attention. It was the slightest of hand movements. The zabrak male was unsure if the woman even meant anything by it. Petr normally was not the one to run out willy nilly to follow a random stranger, but this woman carried a presence he had never felt before. Anyway, something like this sure beat another night alone in a dark room watching the holo news. As he began to leave he figured he should at least grab something to defend himself in the case of something going wry. He grabbed a small kitchen knife and hung it on his belt. It was out of sight underneath his jacket.

The woman picked up her pace now as Petr began to follow. Her once thoughtful pace now turned into one of the slightest urgency. Petr picked up his pace as well. Surely the stranger did not think that he was chasing her in any way, though one could never be sure. The stranger led the zabrak into what seemed to be a condemned building. If she wanted to be alone with him, this was surely a good place. It looked like no one had been there in years. It was more run down than his living room, which was saying something. Still though, it seemed in good enough shape to hold a conversation. It would not be collapsing in on itself any time soon, probably.

"You... wanted me to follow you right?" Petr said quietly to the woman who was still facing away from him. "Surely that is what you wanted right?"

@Pam0wl

6. Rohana Feyre

Rohana Feyre Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Esther Nyx
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "You're force sensitive."
    I
    t wasn't a question, so much as it was a statement. Now that they were alone, away from prying eyes, Rohana could take her time and assess this particular situation. Time with the Jedi had honed her senses well, it was getting easier to recognise when and where the Force flowed stronger, not to mention who possessed its gift. If the Zabrak was trained in the force, he may have been able to hide hid presence; since he hadn't, Rohana could only assume he was new to its ways. How lucky that he hadn't already been found out by other Force users; the Sith made it a nasty habit of procuring acolytes young, willing or not.

Perhaps it was destiny.

Knowing that introductions may be in order, Rohana gave her name to put the young man more at ease. "My name is Lady Feyre. And you were wise to follow."

Truthfully, she didn't intend to stay on Nal Hutta very long; she was just wrapping up and assignment here before returning to friendlier territories. Perhaps if the Force was willing, the Zabrak would come with.

"Tell me about yourself. What in the name of Hoth are you doing here of all places? You know force sensitives fetch a high price on the slave markets."

She should know, seeing as one slaver had tried to do the exact same thing; needless to say, it was a fruitless endeavor.

41PH4_ likes this.
  7. Petr

Petr Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Rebel
    OCC Account:
    41PH4_
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "That's... uh... that would explain a lot." Petr said as he placed his fingers on the side of his head. He shook his head and smiled a little. "You know, I've always felt that my life... my life could mean a little more than it does now y'know." Petr nodded. "When I reach my hand out and feel connected to the object I'm pointing at." Petr stopped and raised his eyes toward Lady Fryre. "Thank you for giving me a chance to mean something more."

"I grew up here on Nal Hutta. I've lived on the outskirts from the day I was born. Every day, once I was able, I would head out into the city to steal food for my family's survival. I'm not proud of it, but it needed to be done. I've heard of the Alliance and of the Jedi. My ancestors were jedi. I would be honored to bring that life back to my family line. Thank you."

Now that the zabrak male had finished his speech of sorts, it was time for action.

"I wanna come with you." He said, "I do not care where you are headed I just want to go. If there's danger, well, I'll have lived a better life because of it. If there is potential in me, bring it out of me."

@Pam0wl