Ask Downward Spirals

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Andraste, May 14, 2018.

1. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

She came unannounced, but she knew where she would find him. She almost didn't do this, but she found herself walking through the halls before she could stop herself. Her signature black dress dragged behind her on the floor, and she walked with purposeful steps. Her gaze was trained ahead, yellow eyes gleaming as always. Her mind was swimming with a million thoughts, and she couldn't grasp at a single one. She knew she needed to see him, but she couldn't even know for what reason.

Andraste looked at him lately, and he inspired fear. It was something she had never felt when she looked at him before, and even a trace of it now made her uneasy. He had taken on a new name, and he had become someone else entirely. Did she know him anymore? Andraste knew her own transformation, and she knew her two personalities still clashed inwardly. Was this Alais reaching out to her Kal? Andraste tried to quell those thoughts, breathing in deeply as she arrived at his chambers.

This entire time he had been out expanding their empire. He was working day and night to bring glory to the Exiles, and all in her name. He had been faithful to her through it all, and she had a hard time imagining him as who he was now. He was different, and the process had hardened him. Andraste wasn't prepared with any orders or any new ideas to discuss. She had simply whimsically arrived, and she had no concept of where it would go.

With a deep sigh, she raised her hand and sharply knocked on his door. Andraste wasn't one to feel nervous often, but this was one of those rare moments.

2. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kravos had been so preoccupied with work that he felt like he'd barely surfaced for days. Every minute had been consumed with the next step to get things moving or the next person he needed to manipulate, kill, or prod to keep the process moving forward. Of course building an empire was great work, but he'd never realized just how exhausting it was. But it wasn't the kind of exhausting he'd felt as a Jedi: constantly running ragged for what felt like scraps. No, this work saw measurable progress, and he found himself all the more enthused to keep going. The deeper down the rabbit hole he stepped, the less he looked back.

Among the things he was now busy working on was crafting the persona. He was no longer a Jedi Shadow, a Jedi Master, or even an Exile Master... he was a Warlord, and that meant he had to have a certain presence of intimidation and fear when necessary. Today, he had locked himself away in his chambers, meticulously crafting an armor set that would serve him in the coming months and years. Cloth, helmets, electronics, and metal pieces littered the room and he'd left instructions not to be disturbed.

His mind was so wrapped up in his work that he had actually missed the approach of Andraste. That was saying something in and of itself, as her presence brought with it the immediate sense that even the most foolish Force-user could sense. When he heard the rap against his door, he immediately knew it was no peon and his eyebrows rose slightly in surprise. He set down the soldering iron and the helmet he'd been working on, pulling off the safety glasses and made his way over to the door, tapping the controls.

The door sprung open and he was met with none other than the Overlord herself in one of her becoming black dresses. He, on the other hand, was dressed far less professionally in loose, plain black pants, shirt, and almost-messy hair. He probably looked more disheveled than he should have, but he was allowed a bit of leeway when he was in his own room.

Empress, what a pleasant surprise, he said, with a fake air of professionality. They were far more familiar than that, but there was something to be said for her new position. He took a step back and motioned for her to step inside. Come in. I wasn't expecting visitors, so it's... well... he motioned to the otherwise messy room, but there wasn't any displeasure in his voice. She wasn't an unpleasant surprise after all. He waited for her to step inside and then closed the door.

To what do I owe the pleasure? he asked with the hint of a troublemaking smile. There was a certain level of uncertainty in how Kravos was to act around her, and it felt like treading entirely new territory while still having a sense of familiarity. Kal would have had no qualms, but this wasn't Kal. The soul behind the amber eyes looked entirely different.

3. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

“Empress?” Andraste eyed him, “You don’t have to call me that when it’s just us,” She muttered quietly. She surveyed him for a moment, taking in sight of his disheveled appearance. None of that surprised her. What made her uncomfortable was the dead look in his eyes. They looked cold and full of malice, and they lacked the warmth they once held. Was that what he saw when he gazed into her eyes? She stepped in when he motioned for her to come in, the door closing behind them.

“No reason,” She looked around his messy room, finding remnants of plans and blueprints of ideas. She knew they were all for the cause, and he worked tirelessly. Andraste turned her attention back on him, “You seem… different,” It felt stupid to blurt out the obvious, “Can I still call you Kal?” She managed a faint smile as she looked at him. It was hypocritical since she had changed her name as well.

Andraste felt as if she were meeting him for the first time again, and it was jarring. Even his signature felt different to her. They still had their old connection, but this man was far removed from the man that bought her cinnamon rolls or took her dancing. Andraste took a step forward, deciding that underneath it all he was still the same. He had to be.

“I fear you’re going somewhere you can’t come back from,” She gazed up into his hollow eyes. If he didn’t recoil, Andraste stepped even closer, raising a hand to trace her fingers gently along the side of his face, “Everything about you feels different. Is this who you wanted to be?”

4. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The entire interaction was surprisingly tense and it seemed neither of them really knew how to handle it. Kravos felt odd to be here in this place with her for no reason except to visit. At least, that seemed to be her intent based on what she said.

I imagine I would. A lot has changed, he said flatly. He didn't know what to say about what had happened. While they were apart, he had changed a great deal to the point of unrecognizability. He'd finally given himself fully over to the Dark Side and stripped himself of the hesitations that had kept him rooted to the Jedi and even those he had cared about. The changes shown through clearly and obviously in how he interacted, carried himself, and even looked at other people.

His head tilted to the side as she asked if she could call him Kal. Given that she was the one who had begun the tradition of shedding names it seemed strange that she would still want to call him that. It caused him to pause, thinking about his answer. I think you should probably tell me. It's your tradition, he said. And of course there was the fact that she was the Overlord and she could more or less do whatever she wanted.

When she reached out to touch his face, he looked at her, not drawing away but not drawing toward her either. Her touch felt almost foreign but at the same time brought the slightest skip in his heart. His mind was silently drawn to thinking about Cregan and what had happened at Kashyyyk. She had chosen Cregan and married him. As a result, Kravos had come within inches of killing his former friend, and that was just the start. As much as he told himself it was about the attack on Prakith or his friend being a Jedi Master, it was about more than that. It was about anger, hurt, and pain that was more personal. It was both of those and so much more. He had tried to kill his best friend, which led to the next question: would he do that to her? Could he? Could he trust her and risk being betrayed again? Even more than that: could he trust himself? It was clear that whoever he was had become as dangerous to those close to him as those he was against.

I think I've already taken too many steps down the rabbit hole to be anything else, he said impassively. He had become a well of hatred that seemed endless. He wasn't even sure he could put a finger on why he fought anymore except that he almost felt a compulsion to. He tried to think back into deep memories of what he had started this all for. He had left for her and wanted to build something new. An Order that wasn't corrupt, but every person he killed felt like it took him a step further from that reality. He was no longer sure that he believed it was possible, let alone that that was what he was fighting for. She was right, he had lost himself.

Someone has to be the reaper, he said. Empires are built on graveyards and watered with blood, he said, but even the words sounded cold and distant to him. But there was something else underneath it all: Kravos liked it. He liked wielding power however he liked, and he wondered if that was the real reason he was doing this now. I can get that done.

5. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Andraste grinned at him, “I wasn’t aware I started a tradition. For me, that side of me was always there. You were one of the first to witness it. I just chose to give it a name,” She kept tracing her fingers along his skin, “You, however, established this entirely new. I don’t know if this was something you always had in you.”

She could see there were a lot of thoughts going through his mind. Andraste wasn’t naïve enough to think her marriages to Siris and Cregan hadn’t gotten to him. She hadn’t talked about any of that with him, and their relationship was always one that was somehow more complicated than either of the other men. Andraste withdrew her hand at last, walking past him towards where she saw a bottle of wine. She poured herself a glass and then him one.

Andraste gazed at him as she handed him his glass, clinking her glass against his before she took a sip, “Congratulations again on becoming Warlord,” She managed a faint smile, not forgetting everything he had said thus far, “If being the reaper is what you enjoy, then so be it. However, I don’t want you to lose sight of yourself through it all. It’s difficult even for me. I know Alais is buried deep down somewhere, just like Kal is in there too.”

She let her gaze linger on his for a long moment, “I don’t know why fate intends to keep us apart like this. Every time we get close, something shatters, something breaks…this time it is you who have traveled so far away from me,” She took a long sip from her wine, glancing away and walking around the room.

Andraste came to a pause again and turned to gaze at him, “What do you see now when you look at me?”

6. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Isn't there a dark side in all of us? Or at least in those who do what we do, he said, referring to the fact that they both were killers even as Jedi. The Shadows were the worst the Jedi had to offer and most of them felt the tug of the Dark Side during their tenure. Kravos found his mind reaching up and absentmindedly scratching at the scar on his left cheek. It was one of the first days he had truly tapped into the darkness, lashing out to kill a man in anger and hatred. How far he had come since then.

He watched her make her way across the room and pour them both glasses of wine. He took the cup from her and sipped the first drink. It was a sweet red that he had to admit he had a bit of a weakness for. His consumption of strong alcohol was slowly on the decline, but this was a luxury he still allowed himself. And to yourself as well, he said. Overlord. To the dynamic duo, he raised his cup slightly to hers until the light tink of glasses could be heard.

As for Kal... that was another matter entirely. There had been so much that had led up to him traveling this path, and he wasn't sure there was any one thing he could put his finger on. Perhaps it was ultimately his own weakness that had driven him to this path, but he wasn't sure he wanted Kal to come back if for no other reason than his own pain and weakness. Kravos was stronger in every way, which was why he had ultimately latched on to this existence.

Yes, he is. I can feel it, but I'm not sure I want him to come back... or that he wants to, he said. It was Kal that had kept him from murdering Cregan, and Kravos had yet to figure out if he was pleased with that or furious.

He looked at her as her eyes bored into him. She could still stare straight through him even now, but the question was what she would find inside. It was a monster fit to rival even hers. It's our curse, he said darkly. Or perhaps it was his curse. She was happily with two others who loved her, but he either wouldn't or couldn't ever be that to her it seemed. Certainly not if he were going to give her an Empire. There were things he had to become to build this that he couldn't do that and love, it seemed. Paths intertwined at every turn and inseparable, but never joined. It was almost poetic in a sick and twisted way, and it brought him back to when he'd said similar to Cregan.

She was looking away, pacing around the room when she stopped, looked directly through him, and posed an impossible question. Kal likely would have blathered on, spewing words meant to be from the heart, but Kravos stood there, looking at her with an equally measuring stare as he picked his words. I see the woman I followed out of the Jedi and the one who will build something new. Terrifying and calm. Deadly but alluring. Confident, he said.

There was a long pause as he looked at her. She had been the closest person to him for years, since Master Evoros had died, and they had been through so much together. Yet even now Andraste was often a mystery. And an enigma, he added. The thing it left aside was any feelings toward her, which were the thing he had yet to process. He wasn't sure it was safe for either of them to grow close again. He was a hazard to everyone close to him, and whatever was left of his withered heart couldn't trust others any longer.

7. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Andraste thought about that word. Overlord. It sounded so overwhelming to her. It felt surreal, and it wasn’t something she was sure she was ready to take on. Nevertheless, there was no looking back now. There were countless people looking to her for guidance and leadership, and she couldn’t let them down. Andraste quietly sipped her wine as he spoke, dismayed at his answer.

“Kal is a part of you whether you choose it or not, whether he chooses it or not. And he will come out when you least expect it,” She had experienced that with Alais at least. There were so many times when she didn’t want to share emotions, and they crept out anyway. They crept out before she could stop herself, and she had learned to simply accept it. Part of what brought her here, in fact, was Alais. Alais had a stronger connection to Kal and she never wanted to give that up.

Andraste met his gaze when he said it was a curse, and his gaze pierced into her. It was searing till she had to look away. 'But never joined'. The words hung in the air for a moment. He recognized it, and there was a hint of finality in his tone. He had accepted the circumstances, and he had chosen his path. In many ways, he was more sure of himself than she was and she was envious of that.

As he described her, she kept her gaze on him. She thought he was done, when he added the word enigma at the very end. When he spoke, there was little emotion in his voice. He wasn’t the man that had gotten flustered about his feelings outside of that warehouse. This wasn’t the man that tried so hard to impress her. This was someone withdrawn and focused on his duties alone. It was as if a part of him had simply died, and it bothered Andraste to no end. Or to be sure, it bothered Alais. His description caused her to chuckle a bit, “You know, I don’t feel like any of that. I feel like I’m on a path that hopefully leads somewhere. I feel like I’m making promises I can hopefully deliver on…” She took another long swig of her drink.

Andraste finished her wine and set the glass aside as she walked towards him again. There was no change in her expression as she looked at him, meeting his cold and emotionless eyes, “So what is separating us now?”

8. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kravos gave a nod as she mentioned Kal still being inside. He knew it, and he hated the idea that he would surface at the least opportune time, but at least for now there was nothing he could do about it. With time perhaps he would be able to purge the Jedi completely, but not yet.

Kravos could sense the uncertainty in her as she spoke. She could take on the galaxy and projected complete confidence with others, but here she was able to be herself a bit more. There was no need to act and she could reveal hints of her uncertainty. Even to others it may not have been noticed, but these two had too much history. You'll deliver. You've already delivered more than anyone else, he said. I don't back losers, he quipped with a straight face.

She finished her glass as he was about to refill it only for her to set it down. She made her way toward him with a straight face and showing no slide in her sabaac face. Two husbands, a throne, and a graveyard to be filled, he said flatly. It was the first time he had revealed he knew about Cregan, but perhaps it would be no shock to her as she knew what kind of man he was and what he'd done for the Jedi and now her.

There was no way Kravos could be someone who gave her self-sacrificing love and affection while doing what he did. And when she broke his heart again, he didn't trust himself not to lash out. It was too much a risk. Then there was a pair of husbands she had, one of whom had been his best friend. The thought made his blood boil even now. Haven't we tried this before? he asked with a forced smile. I don't think I'm a very good pair for you, he said. The two of them had been trying to do this for so long, he wondered if they would be able to continue their little dance forever.

9. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Andraste heard the conviction in his voice as he said she would deliver. It almost made her believe it herself. There were times she spent tossing and turning, awake at night and wondering if she were making the right decisions. The weight of so many people rested on her tiny shoulders, and she had to appear bigger than them all. It was exhausting to play that role, especially now that she had Warlords answering to her. These were men and women used to leading their own campaigns and following their own agenda. At all times, she had to keep proving herself and giving them a reason to follow her.

She was taken aback by how flatly he answered her next question. He knew about Cregan, and he knew about Siris. She knew Cregan had jammed a knife into his heart. She had tried to keep that away from Kal, but she knew it was fruitless to keep it a secret. Andraste remained silent, her gaze still on his, especially as he kept speaking. He was right, of course. They had tried this, and it always led somewhere south. It always had its moments and then it spiraled down once more. In one shape or another, she kept disappointing him. Yet he stayed by her side.

Before she could stop herself, she stepped even closer to him, keeping her gaze on his. She hesitated for a long moment before she brought her hands up to rest on his chest. Her fingers traced over where his heart was, “This beats just the same…” She muttered quietly, tracing her other hand further up his chest, “This all feels the same,” She met his gaze again, “No one is good for me, because I’m good for no one. I’m damaged. You’re damaged. You never knew what you wanted from me, and you still don’t,” She didn’t step back from him still, “Are you done trying?”

10. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He knew she doubted herself, but when she doubted, he reassured, when she stumbled, he steadied her, and when she fell, he caught her. It had been the way they were for nearly a decade now, and he wasn't going to back off now. He was there to ensure her success and fill in the gaps left behind by one person standing alone. It was the weight of the galaxy and no one could carry it alone. He would always be there for her, or at least he hoped.

She was now stepping even closer, right up against him. He didn't step back, though his mind told him he needed to. His mind screamed how dangerous this was for both of them. He still didn't step back as her fingers traced along his chest and her eyes looked up to lock with his. It was almost easy to forget how small she was. She seemed larger than life in so many ways, but once upon a time she'd just been little Alais, the petite girl who didn't want Kal to cut a leg off.

His hand layered over hers against his chest. His fingers brushed against her smooth skin. So often, he had gloved hands, but doing his work in here, there was nothing between the two. He didn't pull back, but he should have. His heart beat a little bit faster and he cursed himself for it. He couldn't do this again. He couldn't handle it, and if his heart was broken again, he was terrified of what he would do.

I can't... he said, voice lacking the flat affect it had had a moment ago. He snapped out of it, solidifying the walls of Kravos again before Kal managed to break free. He didn't know what to say, but he stepped back. He'd thrown up walls against this, but they were new and weak. Damaged didn't begin to detail what Kravos was. Once upon a time, Kal thought - no, he told himself - that he could share her, but the reality had been too painful. He'd pulled back, thinking he was safe from feeling this again. He'd become something that could handle this, but now that he was with her it was coming apart. No.

You know I almost killed Cregan? he told her when he spoke again, the emotion once more buried deep. I'm as much a danger to those close to me as the Jedi. The Jedi were who I was close to, and now look at it. I turned on them. Cregan. Evalyn, he took a step back and shook his head. I won't let it be you, too. He couldn't say it, but it was true. There was someone or something that he needed to hold onto and he couldn't bring himself to turn on her when this went south once more.

11. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

She felt his hand above hers, and there was familiarity in it. It was a different sort of familiarity than she felt with anyone else. He had been there before she even met either of her husbands. There was something between them that neither could deny nor sever. She could see hesitation in him, and she couldn’t blame him. She felt his heartbeat begin to quicken, and she felt the emotions beginning to roil and twist beneath the surface. Andraste did not look away from his eyes.

When he hesitated and began to step back, she didn’t stop him. She felt his hand slide against hers as he pulled back. Andraste remained standing where she was, feeling every little sting he felt. She felt it as well, and she could think of nothing but all the times they had been so close and light hearted with one another. He had told her he only wanted a piece of her, any piece she could give him. Was that not enough for him? Andraste could only gaze at him, her face devoid of any real emotion.

As he confessed that he almost killed Cregan, a surge of anger coursed through her. However, she did not externally show it. Could she truly blame him? Cregan had been Kal’s best friend before he had met her. Cregan had turned on Kal in many ways by loving and then marrying the woman Kal had loved for so long. She had been in the middle of all that. She was a source of nothing but pain for Kal. Why, then, did she always come back to pour salt into his wounds? Because she wanted him. That was the truth of it. She always had, even back as Alais. She simply couldn’t explain how or why she wanted him. It was a raw, burning passion that she couldn’t place. It was something ugly instead of rosy and beautiful. It was twisted, because he saw the darkest sides of her from the beginning.

As he spoke, Andraste took steps towards him, “I’m not afraid of that,” She took a few more steps towards him, “Are you intending to kill me? Then do it. Are you intending to betray me? Then do it. It won’t change how I feel about you. This is a risk I always knew about, and one I was always willing to take. I’m not going to walk away from you. Not until you explicitly tell me to. Is that what you want?”

12. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kal had spent years wishing for this moment. He had pursued her and wanted her. He had been bent on having her for himself. Perhaps it was selfishness and never true love. She had certainly insinuated as much in the past, and when his heart had finally broken fully, he'd pulled back. He couldn't go through it again, and now here she was in his room. There was no one else here and she was clearly wanting him. She was pushing to be with him and he was resisting. Maybe he was terrified of getting close to her again. For both their sakes.

She took steps toward him even as he backed away. She asked whether he wanted her to stop or pull away. She wanted him to say. A piece of his mind was screaming for him to say yes. To make her step back and never hurt him again, but he couldn't say it. He didn't want her to leave. He didn't want her to step back, but he couldn't bear to be close to her. It was an impassable obstacle.

I don't have anything to give you, he said, voice quiet when he spoke again. Everything I have is twisted and warped, and any love I would give you... he shook his head. It would be equally as warped. Giving to her by killing others and selfishness or possessiveness masquerading as care. He couldn't do that to her. Not to mention he couldn't really push for her to be happy. If being happy meant she was with another man, could he just set that aside and ignore it?

If you're bad for people, I'm much worse for you, he told her. She had once warned him about who she was and what he would get himself into. Maybe he was a fool for still pursuing her, but she needed to know what he was. Who he had become. It was ugly, and the last time she had caught glimpses of it after Telos it had terrified her. You remember Telos... he said.

13. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

She was the only one who could do this to him, and she knew it. He was backing away, and she didn’t ease off. The roles had been reversed, and she saw almost a sliver of fear in him. He had been concerned about being hurt, when the truth was that it was their ugly natures that connected them together. That had been the case from the very beginning. He found her after she had already been corrupted, and that was who he began to love. Was it love? Or was it a desire that he couldn’t put a name on?

“I am already twisted and warped myself,” Andraste spoke barely above a whisper, “Any love…you have already given me. You don’t control that. You can't take it back. Just like I can never deny whatever this…whatever it is that I feel for you. I can’t give it a name, but it draws me back to you,” She kept stepping closer until his back pressed against a wall. She was much smaller than him, but there was something very intimidating about her demeanor even now.

“You haven’t told me to turn away,” She whispered to him. Andraste was ready to turn on her heel and leave the moment he told her so, but he didn’t. He was fumbling over his words, he was angry with her. Angry with himself. Despite it all, he didn’t tell her to leave, and she wouldn’t until he outright said it.

“I remember Telos,” She muttered, “And I remember after Telos,” Andraste moved closer to him, leaning her face in till her lips were merely an inch away from his, “It was always the darkness that lured you. You simply never wanted to admit it. And it is the darkness that brings us here now. Tell me again, what is standing in our way? My husbands? Will they stop this? No. Will me being Overlord stop this? No. There is only one person that can stop this,” Andraste brushed her lips just barely against his, whispering softly, “And that person is you.”

14. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    She kept stepping toward him, and after a moment more there was nowhere for him to step back to anymore. There was no retreat from this, and he still didn't tell her to leave. Her lips were inches away from his now and he could feel her breath against him with every word. His heart was beating harder and while Kal would have leapt at the opportunity and proclaimed love for her, Kravos was not the same animal. He could feel desire with every brush of her breath against him, but he made no move. This wasn't Kal, and he didn't respond the same.

His eyes were unyielding and unbending. They stared into her golden orbs without hesitation and the uncertainty seemed to have shed again. Her lips brushed so lightly against his, breath mixing with his, and he suppressed the urge to take a surprised breath deeper. Was this merely her wanting what she couldn't have? Was it always destined to be or was this just a cruel trick to have the rug pulled out from under him again? To let their paths once more cross but not connect? Kravos wasn't going to let himself be hurt; his self-preservation instincts were far too strong for that.

His eyes broke from hers, leaning down but not taking her lips with his. For the faintest moment they brushed along her cheek - not in a kiss - on their way to her ear. When he spoke, it was a quiet whisper, breath against her skin and lips brushing only a moment against her ear as if no one should hear this but her. And what is "this?" he asked. What brought you here? he asked. He wanted to hear her say it. After years of pursuing her, Kravos was not so easily bent. He wanted to hear her say why she was here.

Whatever they had - this thing - was powerful and potent. It drew them both together like magnets, and always seemed to repel them apart with the same force. But Kravos was far from ready to give her what was left of that heart. The shriveled bits that were left were needed for survival and he couldn't hand those over. What was to spare had been spent.

15. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

It was a different sensation with him, one she wasn’t used to. Only he could draw it out in her. It was something so dark and twisted, so contorted and morphed into something so ugly. Yet it was so irresistible. Why did she come here? She had rebuffed his attempts to get close to her. She had feared where it might lead, and all of those fears had been unwarranted. She felt hurt about his connection to Evalyn, but it was clear that had been severed. Andraste purposely kept herself away, always remembering back to her vulnerable days when she wanted to be with him and he didn’t even know she existed.

It had come so far from that. Kal smiled, Kravos didn’t. There was something entirely different about him, and he was a different animal altogether. He was someone that could understand Andraste, but he was someone that terrified Alais. Alais was locked far away and shoved aside. She was only Andraste now, and she relished the feelings he was invoking in her. She couldn’t explain them. All she could focus on was the subtle brush of their lips together, the taste of the wine in his breath just barely tickling her skin. He wasn’t giving into it, despite his back now being pressed against a wall. There was a deadly look in his eyes, and he knew exactly where he stood.

Andraste couldn’t help the soft gasp as his lips brushed against her cheek, and dragged along her smooth skin to her ear. His warm breath against her ear alone was almost enough to make her want to pin him and act on her desires. But she resisted, focusing on his words. He had every right to ask that, and she couldn’t stop him from asking it. He was still close to her. He hadn’t pushed her back, hadn’t asked her to leave.

She remained where she stood, slowly turning her head to meet his gaze when he was still so close, “The worst and most twisted perversion of love and desire,” She whispered to him. She finally admitted out loud the truth she had denied herself for years. Andraste kept her gaze on him, “You know. I know it. It never worked because we tried to deny the savage truths about ourselves,” Andraste managed a faint grin, “As for what brought me here….maybe I just want to get to know Kravos a little bit better.”

With that, she finally stepped back from him. She had a coy smile on her face as she did so, and it lingered for a long moment before she made her way towards the door to leave.

16. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    A twisted perversion of love and desire. Perhaps that was exactly what the two of them needed. They were completely warped beings, and twisted to their cores. He could hear that quiet gasp from her lips and felt that soft skin against his lips for just a moment. She was so close and he knew he couldn't have just had whatever he wanted in that moment. It was what they were both craving, evidently. Two perfect monsters. Maybe they weren't made for each other, but maybe they both existed to ruin everything the other lived for. That was what Kravos was, after all: a destroyer. And she had proved as destructive herself.

She had that coy smile as she began to make her way toward the door, but Kravos gaze was deadly serious. There was a hint of fire behind his eyes that was unrecognizable and carried an blazing intensity. She made her way toward the exit and Kravos waved a hand. The latch slammed into place behind her and he cocked his head to the side as if he were a predator studying his prey. I didn't tell you you could leave yet, he said. He was well aware that she was the Overlord, and the irony of him saying that. That wasn't truly the point though, and he didn't back down.

He moved toward her slowly, eyes staring straight through her with that same intensity. He didn't stop his pace until it would be her turn to be backed up against a wall. His hand reached up to under her chin, pointing her face to his. It wasn't rough but lacked the tenderness that Kal would have touched her with. It was laced with the same intensity that everything he did was.

You know this will destroy you: poison your relationships, twist your heart, destroy everything you have, he said, looking down into her eyes. They were a perfect match to his own in many ways. They opened to a soul that swirled with the same black. As he looked into those eyes, he waited for her. He waited for her to move, to flinch, to respond, to grab him and kiss him.

17. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Andraste was almost at the door when she felt the latch click into place. She didn’t even look, her gaze still trained on his. The smile refused to leave her, and it was combined with the fire in her eyes. His words surprised her, the commanding tone of it something she had never heard from Kal before. She outranked him, and she was the Overlord of the Exiles, but none of that mattered right now. He made that perfectly clear.

She watched him come closer, and he didn’t stop. It was her turn to back away, and she felt her heart beating rapidly against her chest. He was invoking feelings in her he never had before, and it was jarring. Andraste couldn’t take her gaze off him, and she felt her back press against the opposite wall. This time he didn’t stop just there, lifting her chin almost a little roughly. Andraste didn’t stop him, her permanently cruel eyes gazing into his emotionless ones.

She heard his words, and she considered them. What was she getting into? Was this beyond what she thought it was? Was he different in a way even she didn’t understand? He spoke with a voice she hadn’t heard before, with passion she hadn’t heard before. What he said sounded like a promise, and there was just the slightest sliver of fear that coursed through her for just a moment. However, she didn’t back down, she didn’t look away from him.

“My heart is already twisted. My husbands know what I am. You know what I am,” She spoke barely above a whisper, “You’ve always known…” She murmured the last sentence, but she made no moves. Not this time. Andraste kept her gaze on him, “Aren’t you more worried about what this will do to you?”

18. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    There was an almost palpable tension in the room around the two. Every movement seemed to carry a weight to it that it never had before. The dynamic between the two was massively different than it ever had been before. Whatever was left of Kal had been shattered and scattered. It was beyond recognition and what had been left in its place was unapologetic evil. A twisted being that took without remorse and knew little beyond self.

The shattered pieces knew what this could do to them both. He couldn't give her his emotions now... he wasn't even sure he had any left, but what he did have was burning passion and desire. That existed in abundance and he had little by way of inhibitions anymore. I'm already beyond repair. I've been destroyed and rebuilt so many times there is nothing to break, he told her. It was testament to how far he'd fallen more than anything. He'd been broken and put himself back together time and again, but the reality was that each time he'd put himself back together, a new flaw appeared until the final product was now unrecognizable from the man who had become a Jedi Knight fifteen years ago.

He held her face still, gaze locked with hers. Her husbands knew what she was. The thought stuck in his head, but he wasn't her husband. They had been a pair of monster together for a long time, but that seemed a line that would remain uncrossed. Was this just the indulgence of their dark sides? Of course it was, and both of them wanted it.

You need to know I'm not your husband, he growled quietly. Of course she knew he wasn't her husband, but it was the fact that in here he wouldn't treat her as her husbands. This wasn't the tenderness that they gave her. They gave her love, affection, and a home. He would give her an Empire, and to do that would be a monster. Whatever she experienced would not be the same tenderness she would find in the arms of another, it would be the gift and curse of a terror.

19. Andraste

Andraste Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Empress
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Andraste couldn’t deny his words. He had been shattered and put together several times, each time with less trace of who he originally was. For her, it had been a slow descent, but for him, it had been more dynamic and brutal. He had become the reaper, and he carried out all her dirty work that no one else would do. He was capable of the worst types of atrocities, things that she wouldn’t want going public that she was even a part of. Andraste stared at him and wondered when all that happened, and it brought pains to her chest.

Only briefly.

For now, she was much more concerned with the fact that he had her pinned against a wall. He held her face still, and he looked right at her. She felt familiar stirrings within her, and they were admixed with feelings she hadn’t had before. Andraste looked at him as he muttered that he wasn’t her husband. She knew that, and he said it so flatly, as if the thought was poisoned.

“Don’t you want to be?” Andraste whispered to him. She took a sole finger and traced it down his chest excruciatingly slowly. Her gaze remained locked with his, “To rule by my side? Be the ruler of worlds? Have all the titles and the glory?” Andraste didn’t stop her touch, the lone finger tracing down towards his abdomen, where it hovered for just a moment before continuing downwards with the teasing touch.

“You agonized over my marriages so much, and yet you never asked me to marry you,” Andraste grinned at him, leaning in to finally close to the distance to kiss him. Even kissing him was different now, and she murmured softly against his lips in between kissing and tugging on his lower lip, “Could never picture a monster like me walking down the aisle for you?” She laughed quietly against his lips before capturing them again.

20. Darth Kravos

Darth Kravos Character

Sith Empire
    Level 4

Dark Lord of the Sith
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He was painfully aware of her finger trailing down his body, a look of near pain in her eyes for a moment first. The descent to Kravos had been the most agonizing thing he had ever gone through but the final product was more liberating than anything he had ever known. There was no hesitation or second guessing anymore, there was only what he wanted in everything, and it was freeing.

And then came the question. It was a question that Kal would have jumped at, but Kravos was almost puzzled. After all this time, and she had never shown any interest in having him like that, and now it came when he kept her at a distance. It was puzzling to him, but he didn't pull away. Had she been waiting for Kal to ask? Was there something more to it?

She leaned in to kiss him, tugging at his lip and he kissed her back, finally savoring the taste of the soft lips he'd almost forgotten. And you want someone that can't love? A monster whose every emotion is twisted and warped with hatred? he asked, body now pressing hers against the wall as his hands ran to the side of her heads as he deepened the kiss. The range of emotions that had been directed at this woman were everything from anger and betrayal to love and compassion. He'd wanted to never see her again and make love to her all at once. He'd wanted to give her the galaxy and see the smile that graced her face, but now? Now he could barely even remember what those emotions were. They felt as if they were a lifetime ago. Kal may have imagined her walking down the aisle many times, but Kravos was entirely unsure of what to even do with marriage. It was as foreign as possible to him.

In the past... he muttered against her lips. ...but now there's too much evil to bind to anyone, he said, hands running down her back. They were going to be here together and it was just for them, but he would leave his marks on her so that her husbands knew. There was an intensity to his movements as he pulled at that black dress of hers, quickly discovering if she had made good on her promise about what she would or wouldn't wear underneath. Are you sure you want this? he muttered against her skin as his lips trailed across her cheek.