1. A new timeline set some 500 years after the events of the current timeline will be launched on December 15th!

Ask  Ilum Crystal Clear

Discussion in 'Unknown Regions and Wild Space' started by Kane, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian looked down at the screaming man and then brought his knee up into his temple knocking him out cold.
    As for the one under the crates, he was too far away to get to, and he was under crates anyway, so Tynian wasn’t too worried about him.
    The one in the middle who attacked Kane wasn’t posing much of a threat as he went down by a kick from his Jedi Master.
    “I would suggest you all give up.” Tynian said. “There doesn’t have to be any more blood shed.”

One For Sorrow likes this.
  2. The Storyteller

The Storyteller Member DM Account

Jimbob went down HARD as Tynians knee hit him in the temple, he was uncomcious before he hit the ground.

As this was happening Horace recovered from his stumble, bruised and angry. "Ain't gonna be no givin' up from us kid!" he bellowed as he charged towards Tynian, bringimg his hammer down in a great heavy swing towards the boy's head.

At the same time Cletus managed to break his upper half free of the pile, sit up and fire three shots at Kane's back.

3. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane moved to stop Horace from attacking Tynian, but was stopped short as a blaster bolt tore through his left side. Another bolt grazed his left hip and a third flew high over his head. He stumbled and fell to one knee as he gritted his teeth in pain and his lightsaber dropped from his hand and deactivated.

Growling, the old Sentinel stood once more. Not bothering to pick up his saber, he extended his vibro-claws with a Snikt and turned. Using the force to dash and jump, landing behind Cletus and stabbing one of the sets of claws deep into the man's shoulder. Causing him to drop the blaster pistol in the process. "Yer lucky I did not activate the vibromotor bub." he growled before backhanding Cletus with the metal backplate of his other set of claws, knocking the man unconcios.

Kane looked up in time to see the other larger man swinging his hammer savagely at Tynian's head. Too late to try and stop it he simply had to watch and trust that his apprentice could handle it.

4. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The man came at Tynian in vengeance. The swing was full of anger and malice as it traveled at the young Jedi’s head. Instinctively Tynian brought his blade up to block it. His muscles strained under the clash of weapons, but he still held his ground.
    It may have been a stalemate had Tynian owned only one blade, but since he wielded a double bladed lightsaber, he knew he had the advantage.
    He feinted to his left to goad the man into swinging again... yet this time As the hammer came at him, he brought up his blade to block again, guiding the swing to the left side, then at the last moment he deftly spun to his right, stepped up beside the attacker, and brought the second blade around effectively cutting the head off of the man.
    As the body fell to the side, Tynian was already moving to help Kane. “Are
    You ok Master?”
    he asked as he tore a bit of cloth off of the inside of his parka to place on the Jedi’s side to help stop the bleeding.

5. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane retracted his claws and pulled his lightsaber back to his hand as Tynian decapitated the final raider, the old Sentineld eyebrows shot up in surprise. He was incredibly impressed with the boys moves, his apprentice was getting better by the minute.

"Thank you Tynian." Kane said, grateful for the help. "You keep up like that and you won't have any more need for this old man's lessons." he chuckled.

He looked around and considered loading the crystal theives onto the hoversled and hauling them in for their crimes, but decided that they were no threat anymore. They would be demoralized and broken when they came to. The two nearest to them might not even wake up the way they were bleeding.

"Well my boy, let's get ourselves back to the shuttle and somewhere with a warmer climate." he said, his usual chipper tone returning.

6. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “I’ll always need you around Master.” Tynian said as he helped Kane to his feet and then out of the cave. “You’re the closest thing I have to a father ya know.”
    They exited the cave and headed to the shuttle. Once on board Tynian helped Kane with his wounds and made sure he was being taken care of on the trip back home.
    “I do have a question though Master, How is it that their weapons could block ours?”

7. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane paused for a moment, taken aback by Tynian's reffering to him as a father figure. The old Sentinel hadn't met his apprentice's family on Ossus so he didn't know what the father situation was like there. "And you are like a son to me Tynian." he said smiling. He wanted so badly to ask about Tynian's family now but didn't want to ruin the moment.

Kane was comfortable thanks to Tynian's aid, and chuckled when his apprentice asked him about the hammers. "They were coated with a lightsaber resistant metal, likely phrik or cortosis. The gloves from Jedi dueling armor are coated with phrik. Most vibro weapons -like my claws- are made from cortosis." he explained.

He loved how inquisitive his apprentice was, teaching Tynian about the various things they had talked about since meetijg brought great meaning to his life.

8. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian sat back and thought about Kane’s answer. “It’s interesting that low-life thugs like the ones we faced today, were able to get their hands on weapons like that.” He looked at the ceiling then back to Kane. “I wonder if they are working for someone else... someone who supplied them with the hammers and with the whereabouts of the cave. They didn’t seem like they were from around here.” His eyes lit up, “Which means their ship is probably somewhere close by.”
    He stood up, went to the cockpit and told the pilot to turn back to the planet, then do a sweep of the area around the cave and see if they can locate another ship.
    Then he explained his idea to Kane.
    “If we can locate their ship, then maybe we could get a clue as to who hired them.”

9. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane was yet again taken aback by his apprentice's cleverness. "Tynian my lad, I dare say you are on a fast track to being smarter than I am." he chuckled as he sat up, wincing slightly at the pain in his side.

"Luckily those four didn't seem like the kind that would be bright enough to leave a guy at their ship eh?" he said laughing as he looked out the viewport of the shuttle.

10. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “I didn’t think they would be that smart.” Tynian smiled as he looked out the viewport.
    The shuttle made a wide sweep around the cave’s location and the console beeped as the scanners picked up something.
    Tynian instructed the pilot to land close by but to keep the shields up just in case someone was in fact on board and decided to fire at them.
    As they landed he watched the screen for any signs of life, but found none.
    There was a fairly nice ship parked near the back side of the mountains... it was black with a red skull painted on its hull near what looked to be the cockpit.
    Tynian went and told Kane what was out there.
    “Should we investigate Master?” He asked hopefully..

11. The Storyteller

Inside the crystal theives' ship a proximity warning was triggered, causing the four GR8-Series battle droids on board to power up and prepare to defend the ship, along with the information stored within it's computers.

They made no effort to be tactically efficient, merely standing in a row shoulder to shoulder and pointing their blasters at the ship's boarding ramp in preparation for whatever had been detected.

12. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane watched as his apprentice gave commands to the pilot, enjoying the boy's excitement as they landed. "Yes Tynian I do believe we should." the old Sentinel declared, standing and slipping his goggles on before heading to the exit ramp.

As the ramp hit the ground Kane limped out -still sore from his injuries- and drew his saber, just in case there was someone on board that ship. "Looks much more fancy than those bumpkins could afford doesn't it my apprentice?" he asked Tynian as they approached.

13. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "My thoughts the same." Tynian said as he followed Kane out of the shuttle. He also drew his own lightsaber as they approached the ship. He looked over to his master, "What kind of ship is it. I've never seen one like this before... but then again, I've never seen many ships in the first place."

14. The Storyteller

The battle droids within the ship were made aware of the two life forms outside and prepared to fire their weapons.

As soon as the doors opened they would fire. Two would fire to the left and two to the right.

"STEADY."

"ROGER ROGER."

The exchange would not likely be heard from the outside of the ship as spacecraft were generally soundproof.

15. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Looks like a Nubian to me. Nice ship, very VERY expensive." Kane answered Tynian as he reached out with the force and gripped the raiders' ship's boarding ramp with the force. "Get ready." he said, activating his saber and giving Tynian a moment to do the same before ripping the ramp right off the ship in an explosion of durasteel and sparks.

As the ramp flew away four bolts came out of the opening, two sailed way past Tynian to either side. One flew over Kane's head and the fourth came towards the old sentinel. One bolt however was no concern for such an experienced Knight and he batted it away into the snow with his saber.

"Ugh..Droids." Kane grunted as he charged into the ship, throwing one of the droids back with the force and cleaving a second down the middle. Both halves of the metal soldier falling away with hot glowimg edges.

16. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian followed Kane into the ship as the blaster bolts went wide past him. He only ducked his head out of instinct and then ran forward with lightsaber in hand... He slid to his knees and sliced the first droid through the middle causing sparks to fly and the droid to collapse. The second one turned as Tynian sprang to his feet. His lightsaber flashed once again taking he head off of the droid and then cutting it through the chest with the other end of his weapon.
    As the droid fell Tynian looked at his master. "Someone must have paid a lot for this kind of protection." he asked as he followed Kane further into the ship.

17. The Storyteller

The final remaining droid tried to recover from the wall of force that had shoved it back and failed, falling back into a console and crashing to the ground before squirming on the floor of the ship.

18. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane comtinued his forward charge and rammed his blade through the final droid's chest. The droid spasmed and twitched for a few moments before it's photoreceptors went dark and it powered down.

"Indeed. You would think they would have spent more on the hired help, though I suppose they expected Ilum of all places to be abandoned eh?" Kane answered Tynians statement as he deactivated his saber, keeping it in his right hand as he searched the ship for clues.

19. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “So what exactly are we looking for Master?” Tynian asked as they began looking through the ship. It was neat and clean despite who they had faced in the caves.
    Only one room was a mess. It held bunks for the ones in the caves ands well as their personal belongings.

“It would seem that they weren’t allowed in any other part of the ship.” Tynian observed. “Was the ship on auto pilot then?”

20. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Logs, comm records. Perhaps an ownership -though I doubt whoever hired those fools we met in the caves would be stupid enough to use their own name." Kane answered as they picked through the ship. "Perhaps we can find something in their belongings that can tell us a dropoff location." he continued as he picked through the bags.

"I'll finish up this room, you head up to the cockpit and see if you can get into the ships computer." he instructed as he dumped the co tents of one of the bags of belongings out onto a bunk and began to sort through it.

"And Tynian, be careful. Whever set this up was crafty. We would not want to trigger any more surprises would we?" it was of course a legitimate concern. This raiding party had been given -or more likely lent- some very expensive equipment and whoever it was that hired them was smart enough to have them confined to the living quarters if the ship. It was likely that those battle droids had been there as much to keep the bumpkins -who were from Tatooine judging by the journal Kane found belomging to Cletus- in line as they were to defend the ship.