Cr'voss

Discussion in 'Character Archives' started by Tundra, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Tundra

Tundra New Member

Cr'voss

► 30
    SPECIES
    ► Sluissi
    HEIGHT
    ► 190cm
    WEIGHT
    ► 70kg
    HOMEWORLD
    ► Sluis Van
    FACTION
    ► Old Empire
    RANK
    ► Sith Acolyte
    FORCE SENSITIVITY
    ► Yes
    BIOGRAPHY
    Cr’voss was a member of one of the few uncontacted tribes remaining on the planet Sluis Van. Being in tune with his force sensitivity from an early age, Cr’voss was raised as an apprentice shaman: a station which acted very broadly as a spiritual advisor, doctor, fortune teller, military strategist and political observer.

Despite the awe with which the tribe upheld their shamans, Cr’voss and his tutor remained, for the most part, as enigmatic, far removed actors when it came to matters of tribal leadership, and more commonly simple day-to-day engagements; mostly due to the fact that their rudimentary magicks caused a great deal of suspicion among members of the tribe.

Cr’voss was only young when his tutor died and he inherited the sole responsibility of the shaman’s role, and for the next several years, promised the good fortunes to those who sought his advice, delivered and baptized new brood, assisted the tribe against small mainstream Sluissi skirmishes intent on colonizing the planet’s tropical belt, and, occasionally, planting nefarious dreams into the minds of certain tribesman in order to maintain the balance of power, or in exchange for the right tithe from a suitably discreet bidder.

Cr’voss was a student of astronomy, and often stood at various peaks in the jungle where examination of the night sky proved surely that he was looking at a kind of dome. He was able to conceive (elementarily) of the landscape as a biosphere, contained within the Cosmos, and he wondered deeply about what lay beyond. And so when the tribe was rooted out by especially well-explored Czerka mercenaries, the galaxy that was to unfold before him was not inconceivable, for, having no modern reference point in the first place, its scope was as great as any nation or capital city.

Having demonstrated a ferocious fighting spirit, but none of the intellect of their civilized cousins, the members of Cr’voss’s tribe were mostly enslaved or killed, with Cr’voss acting as the tribe’s representative. The Sluissi tribesmen were sold to various factions, the largest portion of them, Cr’voss included, being sent to Korriban where they were armed and used as opponents for the Acolytes of the Old Empire. It was during these trials that Cr’voss demonstrated his aptitude with the force and was presented the opportunity to learn under the law of the academy.
    Personality and Appearance
    While many Sluissi display amphibian characteristics, these are the mainstream Sluissi who are most recognised at a glance throughout the galaxy. Cr’voss is of a different strain, based more in the tropical belt of Sluis Vas, less exposed for the last millennia to many creature comforts. They more closely resemble reptilian archetypes.
    Cr’voss is a lonely soul and very used to being an outcast. He is an usual species, of a relatively uncultured temperament, but can be considered to be a liberal thinker. He is in awe of the galaxy but also very comforted by it. While his tribe strove to fight against the native Sluissian colonizers, this was a reflexive, defensive position, undertaken mostly as a traditional response to outside threats; Cr’voss spent many hours pontificating the existence of something beyond the realm of the night and star, and has been pleased to find that he was right. He almost wonders whether he did not privately beckon the off-worlders, and as he learns more of the force, whether it heard his wish.

As a relatively open, fresh, philosophical mind, Cr’voss studies and embraces the culture of the Old Empire with the same enthusiasm as a grateful immigrant: ready to ingratiate himself amongst his new peers, assimilate, and follow tradition to its finest point; sometimes wondering about when he will finally and truthfully be able to call himself at home—to feel that he is Sith.
    Skills and Equipment
    Cr’voss is practiced in the very basic aspect of the force due to his role as a shaman. Though this experience alone would amount him to little more than a magician in the eyes of his peers, his ability to commune with the force shows him to be a highly intuitive student. He has taken to the study of sorcery with scholastic fervor and discovered a natural talent in the field.

Story
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Deviant and Darasuum like this.
  2. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

Sexy.

I'm looking forward to how you write him.

3. Deviant

Deviant Member (asf)

Yikes.

@Tundra, I believe Sluis Van is considered a world in possession of some shipyards, rather than the primitive state you paint it as. However, tagging @Malon for further clarification on that. Aside from that, things look good.

4. Malon

Malon Veteran Member

Canon is a bit iffy on the details of Sluis Van, but our site canon established that they do, indeed, already have shipyards. That said, Deviant is right. You'll need to make some edits to account for this, @Tundra. The planet is quite technologically advanced.

Tag me when edits are made!

Deviant likes this.
  5. Tundra

Tundra New Member

@Malon @Deviant

I had written him as being from one of the uncontacted tribes, in the same way that we have uncontacted tribes in the Amazon? I guess the fact that I have made almost no reference at all to Sluis Van at large makes it seem like I am speaking about the entire planet, although I do mention attempts at colonization. But I am definitely not trying to say Sluis Van is a primitive world.

I'm happy to edit things to draw a clear contrast, or is the idea of an uncontacted tribe not suitable?

6. Deviant

Deviant Member (asf)

Nope. Totally suitable to me. I assumed that at first but wanted to be certain.

Tagging @Malon for thoughts.

7. Malon

Malon Veteran Member

Works for me as well. Approved!