Conversation Under the Canopy

Discussion in 'The Story' started by Lucielle Ardalen, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Lucielle Ardalen

Lucielle Ardalen Character

Independent
    OCC Account:
    Bran

[​IMG]

ALDERAAN

-Royal Arboretum-

[​IMG]

1100h

{Music}

The Royal Arboretum of the Palace was a magnificent display of greenery that boasted a range of vegetation from across the planet and even beyond. The garden was comprised of many different sections, each housed in its own specially acclimatised dome to ensure the healthy growth of the plant life within. Although the reserve is owned and managed by the house of the King or Queen, they have opened the grounds to the public so that the fantastic display of vegetation is properly appreciated. The garden is not only an aesthetic feature but it is also frequently used by the university in order to research and study the growth cycles of different strains of plants, their potential effects and in some isolated sections they study the safety and viability of alien species.

Lucielle often frequented the beautiful arboretum of the palace, as a biology student at the university she would visit the reserve early on in the day with her notebook and scribble down notes till late in the evening. The trees all exuded rich amounts of life that inspired her work endlessly. To some she would even give names and when no one was around would even share a word or two. Better than the fake friends all these other nobles claim to have, she would think to herself. Now no longer a student, Lucy just visits the garden as an escape from the thronging bustle of the city when she can no longer stand it. To her, this place is complete and utter solitude from society.
    She walked along one of the many pathways of the reserve, her hand outstretched with the leaves of the ferns passing lightly between her fingers. The icy dewdrops that covered them now coating her hands in a pleasant manner. With the other hand she ran a loose golden lock behind her ear, her fingers lightly brushing over the rose-shaped clip that signified her nobility. She settled down against the trunk of a nearby tree to give her feet a rest, there she stretched out her arms and took in a breath of the garden's extraordinarily fresh air.

[​IMG]

2. Serie Fond

Serie Fond Character

Sith Empire
    Sith Master
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Serie was usually a bundle of nerves. Always somewhat worried about what would be happening. Always playing out the infinite matrices of possibilities of the future in her head.

While she was on Alderaan however, she could almost let those worries slip away for a little while and found herself somewhat tranquil and relaxed. She had set up a meeting with one of the noble houses here on Alderaan as a way to hopefully, gain further, albeit slightly different, powerful allies.

She knew force wielders as strong as herself. She knew Sith warriors that would charge straight into battle for her. What she was sorely lacking however, were the other types of powerful people in the galaxy. The aristocrats and politicians. The business owners and financial powers of the galaxy still escaped her. That was something on her track to become one of, if not the most, powerful Sith, she would have to rectify this inequities as soon as possible.

Walking through the almost sleep inducing forest, listening to its soft chirps of birds and the wind blowing through the leaves, she finally saw Luciella. She was dressed in her now usual whiye overcoat fastened with both buttons. A white short skirt and white military looking blouse very much was different from her old leather pants and plain long sleeved shirts.

Hello there. Lucielle I assume? Serie Fond, it's a pleasure. She said, extending one gloved hand out to shake the others, smiling pleasantly even as she did so.

Bran likes this.
  3. Lucielle Ardalen

Independent
    OCC Account:
    Bran
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The voice came as a surpise at first, a slight interruption to her peaceful morning. Normally she would have been quite annoyed by the intrusion however it was expected so she paid it little mind. She had recieved the message but a few days prior and seemingly out of nowhere. Luci had not heard of this 'Serie Fond' before being contacted yet however she paid little attention to militaristic figures beyond Alderaan. She was intruiged to know the reasoning for this meeting however she decided that she would rather not pry and rather allow the details to be more forthcoming. You never really know with these war-types. She reasoned. She turned to face the woman, a warm smile on her face.

Serie Fond was clad in a bright white uniform, no doubt denoting some rank or other that the Alderaanian couldn't interpret. To Luci she was reminded of a doctor dressed in some sterile outfit. It was a stark contrast to the natural greens and browns of the surrounding and she could tell that this woman commanded attention no matter the situation. She decided not to comment. She took the gloved hand lightly with one of her own, bowed her head slightly and ran a loose lock of golden hair behind her ear with the other.
    "Yes indeed Miss Fond, do you mind if I call you that?" Her political pleasantries were well ingrained by now yet she disliked abiding by them. "Such a wonderful day, truly serene."

[​IMG]

anzat17 likes this.
  4. Serie Fond

Serie Fond Character

Sith Empire
    Sith Master
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Serie dipped her head back slightly as the woman called her Miss Fond, covering her mouth slightly with the back of her hand as she giggled at the title.

I usually go by Serie, so whichever you prefer. She said with a smile. It really is. This is my first time on Alderaan, and I'll admit, it's quite nice. She said, her voice low and calm. She then swept her hand by her side and turned so she was turned slightly from directly facing the woman.

Shall we take a stroll? She said, he hand still hovering out, gesturing to the small path in front of them. She wasn't really wanting to rush this. When it came to gaining an ally like this, they wanted to be made to feel important as well. Hence why she asked her if she would like to walk. She wanted to give the illusion that they were complete equals, so that the woman would be much more inclined to agree when she asked for a friendship and more. She knew the longest of journeys always start with just that first step.

Thank you so very much for agreeing to meet with me. Im more than confident that someone like you always has a busy schedule? She asked, her natural curiosity coming out even as she spoke. She hadn't meant to make it sound like she was asking a question, but her tone of voice still betrayed it at the end.

5. Lucielle Ardalen

Independent
    OCC Account:
    Bran
    [​IMG]
    Luci was quite comfortable where she was yet she did not deny the woman's request. She gracefully made her way back onto her feet and began in the direction indicated by Serie. The woman did not seem very intimidating by her diminutive size yet there was another factor to her appearance that was off-putting, Luci struggled to put her finger on it. She also found it perplexing that this Serie was being so courteous in her demeanour. Perhaps she isn't very important in her station, Luci concluded. She wasn't complaining though, it wasn't often that she was paid this much attention.

Serie Fond posed a question to Luci assuming that her schedule was often very full and Luci tried hard not to laugh. "Well." A light giggle escaped. "I can't say there has been much cause for excitement recently." She replied. Luci didn't want to outright tell the woman that her life composed of exclusively dawdling with the exception of an aristocratic event every now and then in fear of losing this woman's attention. She was interesting in perhaps discovering the motive behind this meeting.

[​IMG]

6. Serie Fond

Serie Fond Character

Sith Empire
    Sith Master
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Serie giggled slightly at the woman's comment. She wished she could say the same, with her constantly being attacked by Jedi every time she turned around. She sort of wished the two could trade places for a day, she figured she would enjoy doing nothing for a little while. Though as she thought more about it, she figured shed go stir crazy within the first day.

Hard to believe, seeing as how we live in such exciting times. Although I suppose here in the inner rim you don't have to worry so much. She said, thinking about how her time on the outer rim usually consisted of being jumped by bounty hunters for her lightsaber and running from the sector rangers. Not to mention the rather exciting battle happening on Ossus this very moment, the galaxy really was an exciting place these days.

But anyways, on to business then. She said as she walked next to the woman along the path. The serene landscape was still relaxing her anxiety, but she hadn't come here to just make small talk. I'm daily popular in the order now, and as nice as that is, I really don't need anymore soldiers. I don't need tanks or blasters. That's never interested me. I know that someone making a holovid about the failings of the republic does much more than a battle ever could. Especially if that person holds some sway over a planet or people. I'm not going to ask you to do anything you're uncomfortable with of course. She paused, stopping her stride and looking at the woman carefully. She needed to make sure she wasn't hostile to this sort of idea before continuing. She wasn't going to ask her to say anything crazy or something that might male her too many enemies, but she did want to entice her enough to say some thing was wrong with the Senate. The more she could weaken the Senate's influences, especially in a place like Alderaan, the better she would be seen in the eyes of the Sith council. What's more, she would have a prime example of what could happen when just one voice could shake a entire planet to the core. And if Serie had anything to do with it, she would ensure that the woman Lucielle would stand at the top of the monarchy of Alderaan. That was, if she helped her, that is.

Bran likes this.
  7. Lucielle Ardalen

Independent
    OCC Account:
    Bran
    [​IMG]
    The conversation took a much more serious turn, obviously this woman had a clear intention as to the outcome of the meeting. As Serie finished speaking the last of her words, Luci was already thinking hard on what it was that she was implying. Suddenly she realised that she may be dealing with someone with malicious intentions yet she would not jump to conclusions. Her mind was buzzing with doubt yet she made sure to maintain a calm composure and continued to radiate an air of cheerfulness. "Well, Miss Fo-... I mean Serie. That is quite the task." She replied. Her voice wavered slightly, betraying her collected front. "Especially for one such as myself, you see I'm not very involved in the senate's dealings."

To tell the truth, Lucielle was not a fan of the current political situation on Alderaan. She had heard many rumours of deeply-set corruption in the political leadership of the planet and for all she knows that may even have extended into the senate representation. Regardless she felt that those in power who would prefer to take part in shady dealings over the well-being of their people should face serious consequences for their actions. Luci, however did not know if she would be up to such a task.

[​IMG]

8. Serie Fond

Serie Fond Character

Sith Empire
    Sith Master
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Serie nodded at the woman's comments. While she had been quite sure she had chosen the right person, she also knew that this was going to take some finesse. She carefully considered her words before continuing.

Well, I'm sure that it wouldn't take very much to get you a meeting with them. The people of Alderaan need to be protected. As it stands it does not appear that the republic will provide that security. That's all. That's the message I think they need to hear. She said, taking a minute to let what she had said sink in. She didn't want to rush things, and she was fairly sure that this was the part where the bartering began. She was prepared for it of course. She knew what she was going to put on the table to entice the woman already. She wanted the whole thing to be mutually beneficial to the two of them. She wasn't like some Sith that would double cross their own kind just on a whim. She wanted to make sure that everyone was happy and satisfied with the proceeding events she was wanting to set in place.

You deliver this message to the Senate, and I promise you, I'll take care of you. Think of me as your benefactor during our time together. I stay behind the scenes, you take the spotlight, and we both get what we want in the end. Whatever that may be. More time on this world. A throne. Peace. Galactic peace even. She said with a coy smile and nod of her head, her eyes somewhat intense as she looked at Lucielle. It didn't matter to Serie if that peace was obtained through underhanded means. As she had already thought long ago, the ends justify the means, and she would take whatever means necessary to ensure that the Sith reigned the galaxy. In her mind, that was the only way that true peace could ever be obtained.

9. Lucielle Ardalen

Independent
    OCC Account:
    Bran
    [​IMG]
    Luci stopped for a second and just looked at the lady across from her. Her heart started to beat quicker. Is she telling the truth? She could well be lying and this could all be some elaborate ruse to use her for someone else's gain only to be discarded afterward. She was hi ghly cynical over the proposition presented yet a little part of her was saying 'what if'. Lucielle had never even considered being a candidate for the throne, she was out of that circle, it wasn't her place... Was it? Come now Luci snap out of it, she scolded herself. You barely know this person, you are out of your depth, were the sober thoughts of her inner consciousness yet she disregarded the thoughts. The intrigue was far to appealing. "Galactic peace you say?" Her voice was soft and shaky.

Imagine that, Queen Lucielle, Bringer of Peace. It had a nice ring to it she thought. It would be a crime to give up such an opportunity, a chance to make a real difference opposed to this suppressed lifestyle. Somehow, her entire world was overwhelmed as a result of a few words spoken by a complete stranger in white. Her heart slowed back down and she calmed her voice. "I'll do it."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  10. Serie Fond

Serie Fond Character

Sith Empire
    Sith Master
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Serie was happy to say the least. With her newfound ally, she had a feeling that the two of them could hold sway over the entire Alderaan system. She had a figure head. One that would help her secure peace, and beyond that, a voice that could speak out against the Senate and the Jedi without anyone suspecting that the Sith were behind it. She would hold up her end of course, she was just that sort of person, but this was done for her benefit as much as the Noble standing in front of her.

Peace in our time. That's all any of us want. To stop the needless bloodshed and end this pointless conflict once and for all. She told the woman, adjusting her skirt slightly as it began to ride up. First things first though. We need to ensure that the people of Alderaan know who their "real" representative is. We need to set up a hall where you can speak to the masses, or even the queen herself. Don't worry though, I'll be there, out of sight, making sure everything goes your way. She said with another coy smile. She was, if nothing else, a master at getting people to agree with her.