Chapters of Caladglær

Discussion in 'Chronicles' started by Devrim Wolfe, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Devrim Wolfe

Devrim Wolfe Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Vosrik
    Character Profile:
    Link

[​IMG]

Caladglær

theme

Before the reader lies Caladglær, a thick tome with an exceptionally ornate hardcover. Inlaid in the earthen brown spine is the book’s name, with the golden letters glistening brightly to the eye. Though it is in surprisingly good condition, the spine crinkles and cracks with age, for the book is ancient — having been written more than five hundred years ago. As the reader would run their hand along the cover and flip its pages, the faint smell of fresh pine would rise to remind one of a forest growing along a mountainside, similar to where the tome was first written. Nested in the richly crafted cover was a circular, sky-blue memory crystal. As the reader calls upon the Force to unlock it, their mind would be filled with the words of an ancient Jedi creed.

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
    Where there is injury, pardon;
    Where there is doubt, faith;
    Where there is despair, hope;
    Where there is darkness, light;
    And where there is sadness, joy.

I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
    To be understood as to understand;
    To be loved as to love;
    For it is in giving that we receive;
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
    And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi.​

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Kayenta Moenkopi likes this.
  2. Devrim Wolfe

Devrim Wolfe Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Vosrik
    Character Profile:
    Link

Preface

Greetings, Jedi.
    I have taken it upon myself to pen this book, this Glîr'uin Calad <Poem-Song of the Light>, to both strengthen and guide my brethren in the Order. As we ceaselessly toil in defense of the helpless and strive against the creatures of the Dark, we must not blindly and hatefully seek for the blood of our enemies. The temptation of the Dark Side is strong, and it will even look to seduce you through your good intentions and upright heart. But remember — the root of this Taint is selfishness and the desire for power. As Jedi, our duty is not to ourselves or even to the Order, but to the Light Side and the Force.

I therefore admonish you, brothers and sisters, to seek not your own gain but to uplift others before you. It is my sole hope that you will find in Caladglær both encouragement in your journey and tools to strengthen your purpose. Though the path of a Jedi is difficult indeed, take heart. Though the power of the Dark Side is strong, our Light is stronger. Let your hope be rekindled and your Light never fade.

Vanya sulie <Fair winds>, and may the Force be with you always.

Saeros

✦ ✦ ✦

Table of Contents
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5

3. Devrim Wolfe

Devrim Wolfe Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 2

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Vosrik
    Character Profile:
    Link

Chapter 1

Command of the Wind

As the reader would turn the page to the first chapter, their eyes would meet an image drawn in black ink with a skilled hand. It depicted a Force user summoning the winds to his command, blasting away several assailants in a cyclone and whipping up the dust and rocks around him into a swirling cloud. Though the Jedi at the eye of this storm displayed immense power, it was also clear that he showed no anger or passion — only peaceful resolution.

[​IMG]

Among the Force school of Elemental Manipulation, Aerokinesis is one of the most versatile disciplines. Cryokinesis, while certainly having the potential for defensive measures, shines through its offensive uses alone. The wielding of both Pyro and Electro are dangerous indeed for a Jedi, as one must struggle against the passionate and dark thoughts of death and pain in their uses. Even through Aerokinesis, Jedi must search their feelings so as to not perform vile acts of cruelty. With such perils and stumbling blocks, shall we then altogether cast aside the manipulation of the elements? Certainly not! I say to you, it is through constant vigilance and a well-disciplined mind that one may wield such with power and serenity.

As I already possess the ability to fly, allow myself the privilege of bias towards Force Wind. The creation of updrafts and currents in the air is most useful for easing the strain on my wings during flight, allowing myself to maintain my speed and endurance far longer than my brethren are capable of. But I digress, there are few among the Jedi who also know the joys of the wind and sky.

The generation, shaping, and manipulation of the air is, clearly, invisible to the eye unless particles of dust or other debris are caught up in its performance. One must not confuse Aerokinesis with Telekinesis — for both are vastly different schools of the Force. It is for this reason that many Force Sensitive opponents can be easily caught off guard, as counterattacks against Telekinesis will be largely ineffective against Aerokinesis. As the Jedi shapes and utilizes the air around them to attack or defend, it is notably indirect as opposed to simply attempting to target a specific person or object through the Force. Although there is certainly a defense for such attacks, as with all things, its obscurity is a great boon to practitioners.

Here, Saeros has scrawled notes written in Rishii in the margins of the pages. It reads, "Aiya, Rishi! Vanimle sila tiri. Sut dolle gwaew pannanîn rovail, cormamin niuve tenna’ ta elea lle au’." <Oh, Rishi! Your beauty shines bright. How your wind filled my wings, my heart shall weep until it sees thee again.>