Open Blowing off some steam

Discussion in 'Expansion Region and Mid Rim' started by Kassanda O'Ryana, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Kassanda O'Ryana

Kassanda O'Ryana Character

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Planet: Azure

Boris manned the controls of the overhead-class freighter. *Knock* Kass sat back in the chair and bounced the ball against the bulkhead. “Boris, I’m getting cabin fever. I need to get out. What is that blue planet right there?”

The droid punched some buttons and reviewed the console. “It’s Azure. A minor settled colony world currently under Mandalorian control.”

“Any major populated sectors?” She returned to throwing the ball against the bulkhead. Waiting in prey for the chance to grab the ball, Ryx, her direwolf looked eagerly on.

The mechanical voice of the droid said. “There is the colony of Raynar. It seems to be a mild city of no real gains.” He returned to the controls.

“Get clearance to land. I need a drink” She sighed.

“You sure, master? Mando space isn't your best areas.” Already anticipating her response, he was sending the protocols to land on the surface.

“What? It was only a barfight. He did start it.” She caught the ball and handed it to Ryx. Growling and rolling on the ground, he played with the ball. She stood and moved to the back of the ship. “I’m going to get ready. Please land at the biggest colony.” Turning to the back of small freighter, she disappeared from sight of the droid.

“He did start it, but you didn’t the help the situation by being drunk and falling on him.” The droid stated in a low voice. “What?” she said from the back. “We should be landing soon.” He said.

The ship flew to the designated landing spot. Various other ships were docked in the area, a makeshift hanger was guard and controlled by a port authority. Mandalorian soldiers and guards portaling the area. Kassanda exited the ship. The white dress with black trim. Deep auburn curls hung freely and blew in the cool night wind of the world. A light belt hung from her waist; a sheathed dagger attached. Ryx followed but kept a fair distance. Tossing a treat to the Grey furred beast, the beautiful young woman strolled through the quaint town. A rare mix between farming village and industrial factories. As the night sky sparkled, Kass made her way to the local pub. A rowdy bar came up quick. She entered the bar. There was a brief pause as people didn’t expect the red headed human. Ryx nuzzled her leg which reminded her to carry forward. Moving to the bar, she order two drinks. A beverage for herself and one for the wolf tucked close to her.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Plebometer likes this.
  2. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

It certainly had been a while since she had ventured out into Mandalorian space, well atleast to her awareness. The last time the young Ashen haired woman had had a run with the burly Mandalorian warriors, some of their over zealous members opted to get a little too physical. Deep down she hoped that things wouldn't escalate into another drunken brawl, last thing she needed was to trapped in the middle of punch up!

Stepping through the doors, the young Jedi Master cast her bright emerald gaze across the various faces that had settled down with their drinks. With a quick adjustment of her black leather jacket, Eisa stepped into deeper into the bar, looking to get a quiet drink and perhaps take a few moments to unwind. Dressed in a simple pair of form fitting black denim leggings, with her hybrid saber pistol stowed away in its holster that hung loosely over the young woman's hip, coupled with a white t-shirt partly obscured by her leather jacket. Eisa looked more like a typical space farer rather than her more formal Jedi Robes.

As the young female ventured deeper into the cantina, she stopped dead in her tracks as one one of locals came barreling up from his booth, hands over his mouth and staggered out through the door, presumably to expel the contents of his stomach. Cocking her head to the side, Eisa chuckled, it was certainly one of the more common traits she had witnessed throughout her ventures into the Mandalorian territories.

Stepping deeper into the cantina, the young Jedi paused in her steps, allowing her eyes to become accustomed to the dim lighting. The combination of the scent of stale alcohol, the low thrum of conversation and songs being bellowed out in mirth. Shaking her head for a moment and blinking rapidly as she adjusted to the change in her surroundings, before continuing towards the bar. Periodically nodding, waving and greeting the various faces she squeezed past, the words Su'cuy passing the female's lips as she cheerfully passed a group of Mandalorians.

With a swift series of ducking and weaving in throughout the pockets of crowds laughing and exchanging stories, the ashen haired slight framed figure made her way over towards the bar. Carefully squeezing past a few revellers before leaning against the counter and waited to order herself a drink. When asked what she was having, Eisa simply asked for a Kuat Driveyard draft, and an Adegan whisky chaser. As she waited for her drinks, the ashen haired Jedi looked down the bar. Her eyes falling upon a scarlet haired female, clad in a white dress accompanied by a wolf.

A light smile curled upon her features, as her gaze continued to linger over the four legged creature, before her eyes slowly panned back up along the alluring form of the younger red headed woman. The light smile widening as her gaze met Kassanda's briefly before her attention was pulled away by the barman who had served up the Jedi's drinks. Fishing through her jacket pocket to retrieve a couple of credit chips to pay for the drinks, once her tab had been settled, Eisa returned her attention back to the other woman and raised the beer bottle in her direction, her eyes briefly narrowed as she could feel the flow of the Force ebb through Kassanda. "Guessing you're another off worlder too eh?" she spoke out before taking a sip from her beer.

Judis likes this.
  3. Kassanda O'Ryana

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kass took a drink of her ale. Lost in her thoughts, she didn’t notice ashen haired female enter the bar or approach her. The words straddled her from the daze she was in. “Pardon me” she looked at the female human with turquoise eyes. Brushing some of her hair from her face and positioning it behind her ear, she smiled. The words finally reached her head and she excused herself. “Yes, I was just stopping by for a drink and some relaxation.” She looked down at the drink and the returned eye contact to the emerald eyed human. “What brings you to this town?”

Ryx’s ears perked up and the dark eyes scanned the woman momentarily. Sniffing around in an inquisitive fashion, the large direwolf enter her space. The solid grey fur was peppered with black spots throughout wolf’s frame. After a few moments of investigating the person, the wolf sat between her and her master. The head of beast looked up from about waist height. Opened mouth with a tongue slightly hanging out the side, the dark eye starred at you as if asking to be petted. Kassanda reached down with a pale arm that littered with freckles and few deep scars at could have only come from some form of sword training. The hand reached behind the ears of the beast and proceeded to scratch and rub. The wolf let out a little howl in appreciation.

A man entered the room. With a gesture he wiped his face with his sleeve; splatters of vomit hung from his shirt and sleeve respectively. He yelled something in a foreign tongue that Kassanda didn’t understand. It must have been good as the crowd cheer and chanted along. Shortly after, the bartender approached us notified that the gentleman is buying everyone a round of drinks. The auburn haired human held the glass and cheers the gentleman. She switch her drink to her other hand while wiping her hand of any moisture from the glass. Extending the hand lightly to the female speaking to her, she said. “How rude of me, my name is Kassanda.”

@Plebometer

Plebometer likes this.
  4. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

A wide smile crossed the Ashen haired female's features as the dire wolf approached her, inquisitively sniffing out the new arrival. Her bright emerald hued eyes, looking up to the red headed female momentarily before nodding in response to her words. "Yeah pretty much the same here, just cutting through this sector, figured be as good an opportunity to stop off and resupply" Eisa responded before her attention moved back down to the furry creature, a faint sliver of the force resonated through the Jedi Master as she reached an open palm down towards the wolf, presenting it for the creature to sniff, and allow for the the Jedi to use the force to empathise with the wolf that she meant no harm. "Whilst the rest of the crew are out and about, thought would stretch my legs and have a bit of time away from the guys, ya know?"

The wolf seemed to reciprocate the gesture and presented presence through the force from the Jedi, a wet gritty sensation could be felt as the wolf licked her hand, before cocking it's head to the side. Allowing the Jedi to affectionately pet the grey furred wolf, a wide smile crossing the Jedi's features as she rubbed at the nape of the creature's neck, chuckling lighting as it gave out a content murmur, from an early point in her own Jedi training she found that she had a knack for forming bonds with creatures, her mind casting back to the incident on Ellora, where as an initiate she encountered 'Mr Bitey' a large Saurian predatory reptile which much to the bemusement of the other initiates, she had managed to tame the creature. "Ah he's got such a lovely coat of fur on him, so soft" Eisa remarked as she returned her attention towards the crimson haired female.

Her gaze moving briefly towards the stumbling drunk who had returned, caked in his own vomit now it seemed, proclaiming in Mandoa that the next round was on him. A bemused look crossing the Jedi's features as she processed the declaration, before assuming that the sudden bout of generosity was either the forfeit or the reward for some form of drinking game or lost bet. It was hard to tell with the Mandalorians, they often had a varied and sometimes often bizarre collection of reasons to celebrate. Still a free drink wasn't something to turn down, especially when it was given by an Mandalorian, Kriff probably the last thing you would want to do is turn it down. Guesturing her bottle of beer towards the drunken warrior in gratitude before turning her gaze over towards the female once again as she introduced herself. "Pleased to meet you Kassanda" Eisa responded as she took the offered hand gently into her own grasp. "Name's Eisa" she continued as a warm smile crossed her features.

Judis likes this.
  5. Kassanda O'Ryana

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    “Yes, I know. Sometimes it feels like I work too much.” Kassanda listened to the woman talked about her crew and being separated from them. Esia responds reminded the young redhaired women of her days in service of the empire although she never worked in full teams the ship life was very pleasing to her. The sounds and noise of the crew. The noise and lack of noises in space. A small unconscious nervous gesture found her fiddling with a scar on her arm. She didn’t normally leave her flesh so expose but tonight she was being brave and seeing if people could accept her flaws. A concerned look crossed her face and then return to a brief smile as she shook the memory. “You have already met have a third of my crew, Ryx and from what I see he seems to have taken a liking to you.” She paused for a moment. Nursing her drink in a standard practice as to not inebriated, she took a small sip which most would have viewed as a full solid drink. “The other was by the landing area. A grumpy droid named Boris.”

The redhaired woman watched. Ryx responded to the woman’s gesture. Feeling a similarity that he experienced from his master's embrace, he licked your hand lightly and nuzzling into it. Cocking his head to the side, his tongue fell from his mouth. He was at peace around her. The ashen haired woman must be a force user. Ryx was friendly but always stayed alert but he was fully at peace. Kassanda only ever seen the beast do that when she used the force to calm him. “He is a good boy but nearly eats me out of house and ship. He just doesn’t stop growing.” Her hand moved again behind his ear and rubbed them lightly, as an appreciated howl. “Been my friend for a few years now. It seems that he likes you.”

She pushed the idea of the woman being a force user to the side as she attempted to have a decent conversation with the woman. “Esia is an interesting name. What's the origin behind that?” She re-positioned the loose hair behind her ear. Taking another sip-drink of her beverage, she smiled. Her inquisitive gaze left Esia as she heard some different commotion coming from the crowd.

The friendly drunk was leaning against a table, near a woman, which was not assuming her companion. Reaching for the face of woman the drunk extended a hand, the furious companion grabbed the hand of drunk. Pushing him back with incredible strength, the drunk stumbled back and fell into a table behind him. Spilling the contents of the table on to the floor, he rolled over into the lap of another patron. The patron caught off guard, they assisted the drunk. The large Mandalorian companion stood up, his chair crashed against the floor with a loud bang. The music skipped and stopped. “What did I say, little man?” He cracked his knuckles before entering a standard Mandalorian fighting style. “Keep your distance from my woman.”

“Baby” The woman rolled her eyes and watched the event play out. “Does this have to happen every time we go out?”

Sensing the tension shift, Ryx moved to a more cautious stance as he protected the area the two women were sitting. A person attempted to get close and the wolf responded with a low growl and large teeth exposed. Kassanda rolled her shoulders back while moving to a more readied position. “Mandos never disappoint. Always a bar fight.” A weird balance between cautiousness and carefree oozed from the demeanor of the young female. She wasn't a stranger to conflict. "Do you travel with Mandalorians often?" She looked over while keeping a side-eye on the conflict. "I've never had the pleasure to directly work for them. I've heard they're crazy warriors."

The drunk recovered from the floor. Standing much smaller than the companion, the man swayed lightly before brushing himself off and apologize to the person that he fell into. He reached for the drink and finished. “Where were we before I was interrupted?” He leaned against the table near the woman. The taller man moved around the table within striking range of the drunk. After moving into the position, he threw a punch and as it connected into the side of the smaller man. The contains of the liquid spilled as the man hit the ground again. The larger Mandalorian moved for a kick attack but his leg was blocked. The smaller man crashed a cup into the side of the knee of the man. The drunk moved quicker than expected as he landed various blows against various parts of the larger man’s body as it crumbled and fold around the smaller man. He stood up, walked around the table and picked up the chair. The room watched in silence for a moment. He sat down. “Three drinks, please!” The room erupted again in laughter and chatter as the waitress brought another round of drinks to the table. She placed them. He slid one in the direction of the female and then another towards the direction of the man currently grabbing his busted knee. Screaming in pain, the man was cursing in what Kassanda assume was Mandalorian. The man cheers the glass of the conflicted woman’s cup.

Ryx maintained the stance but calmed slightly at what appeared to be the end of the conflict. Still, he remained focused. Kass finished the glass and grab the second that was placed nearby.

Plebometer likes this.
  6. Eisa Swan

Eisa Swan Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 3

Jedi Master
    OCC Account:
    Plebometer
    Character Profile:
    Link

Raising a curious brow as the Crimson haired woman questioned her about the origin of her name, Eisa pursed her lips in thought for a moment as she tried to recal what she had learnt from her late father. "It's an old mythological name, think possibly from the Delucians. Eisa was the name of their goddess of fire and embers" the ashen haired female explained, before a light grin crossed her features. "parents said they knew I would be a Fiery one before I was born" she added as she ran a hand through her grey white locks of hair, teasing out a few strands and looking at the gathered mass. "probably why untill recently my hair always used to be a bright orange, cos it suited my nature I guess" Eisa added continued with a chuckle, as her gaze fell back the Crimson haired woman.

"then again I think Ive dyed it near enough every colour under the sun, Ruby red, a bright cyan, lime green, yellow" the ashen haired woman spoke after taking a few mouthfuls from her beer. "that and partly cos I spent so long caked in grease and oil, working on my dad's ships engines, it was the only way I could wear anything with colour" Eisa added with a light chuckle, before reaching for her shot of whisky and downing the Amber liquid.

Eisa was about to ask the woman a question, before her attention was pulled away towards a rather irritated sounding make voice shouting over the ambient din of the cantina. Her bright emerald hued eyes watching intently as the Mandalorian, despite the protests of presumably his other half got to his feet and adopted a fighting stance. Through the corner of her eye she could see the wolf, Ryx become wary in the change, a light smile crossing the Jedis features at the fact that the dire wolf was preparing itself to protect his master. But unlike Kassanda and her companion, Eisa casually leaned her back against the bar before reaching for her beer, her gaze turning to meet Kassandas as she questioned if the Jedi had many dealings with the warrior race.

"Yeah, though I always have to wonder how they can shoot straight, with the amount of booze they seem to consume" Eisa quipped before taking another sip from her beer, and shrugging in response to the question if she had fought along side the Mandalorians. "Been in a few fire fights with some of the clans, they are relentless, charging head first without care or abandon" she commented as her gaze focused on the two who were now squaring up with each other, a light grin crossing her features as she recalled the events on Kashyyk where the Alliance and the Mandalorians seemed to come together to celebrate life day. "Though, Wookiees on the other hand" She added with a light chuckle, as the thought her mistaken bought with Greybok flashed into her mind. "Not one's it want to wrestle with, not after the last time".

Quietly she observed the two Mandalorians, intently watching as the shorter of the warriors, despite clearly being intoxicated, was able to use his slight build to out maneuver the taller and bulkier of the pair. A slight grin crossing her features, knowing that she could relate to what was transpiring, figuring that many of the wagers would be on the stronger of the pair - as it so often was the case, bet on the strongest and the fiercest. But like so many others, they tend to under estimate the fact that looks could be deceiving. Like so many who would see the ashen haired female as being a petite pipsqueek, they would be at a loss to believe that she was a decorated and venerable War hero of the rebellion.

Once the fighting had came to its conclusion and the cantina and its patrons returned back to where they left off, the Jedi Master turned away from the rest of the cantina, bringing her attention back to the Crimson haired female beside her. "So when you're not jumping from planet to planet spectating bar brawls, what do you get up to?" Eisa inquired, before taking another sip from the bottled beer., her gaze lingering over the younger woman's scars briefly "guessing its not a quiet life trekking through the stars" she added with a slight teasing smile.

Judis likes this.
  7. Kassanda O'Ryana

Independent
    Level 1

Mercenary
    OCC Account:
    Judis
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kassanda tossed her head from side to side shaking of the disbelief. “So, you had orange hair?” She side-eyed the ashen-haired woman while taking another drink of the cold ale. “Why so many different colors? I’ve always been red-haired. Just add the highlights recently to spice it up.” She smirked at the comment after realizing what she had said. “Well, except for the time I was a street rat on Berchest and it was merely caked black with dirt.” She fiddled with the handle of the mug. “That was several years ago but it feels like yesterday.” The turquoise eyed human’s stare met with the emerald gaze of Esia. “This color looks good on you though. However, I’m trying to picture you with all those colors.” A smile broke across her lips as she lowered the cup after another drink.

“As a warrior yourself?” She eyed the man sitting with the woman who appeared to be enjoying the company of the drunk. The injured man was being drugged off to the back part of the bar. “Did you see the smaller man winning that fight?” Looking for a response but continued before receiving it. “When I was making ways out of the streets of Calius Lau Croloo, I meet a man. Drunk. He would have owned this guy in drink a game. His name was Kevin. A decent man but just love to drink.” The part of the story reminded her to take a drink, so she completed the task. Ryx’s ears perked up at the name and let out a slight howl. “Well, I guess you get the point. One time the empire sent some troops after me, I kriff you not, this guy took out a group of imperial soldiers drunk off his butt. I literally saw him shoot a sniper with his blaster pistol. An impossible shot.” Thinking back on the day, frightened that she would be taken back to the empire, her eyebrow raised, and head shook side to side. “So, I would say they probably just train drunk so it’s second nature to them. I think.” Ryx rose and pushed his body forward in a long stretch. Walking around Kassanda, he repositioned himself under the bar overhang wrapped around the back of Kass’s leg with his head still between the two. A more relaxed position than before.

“I agree with you on the charging headfirst into battle.” She looked at the man already drinking again and nursing his injury. “When you are built like that man, it can be a daunting sight to be swarmed by them. But when you are smaller, you must be more cautious and more tactical.” She held her glass out as cheer you in acknowledgment. “But you are aware of that. I hope someday to fight with the Mandalorians. I owe my freedom to them and the rebels that brought down my mas..” She paused for a second. She hadn’t discussed this with anyone but felt a weird kinship with the shorter woman. “My master’s ship.” She had started so decided to move onward. “When I was a child the Sith came for my family, only I survived because of my ‘talents’.” A tear started to form on the edge of the eye. “We were patrolling Berchest one day. The ship was attacked by Mandos and Rebels. It gave me the chance to escape.” Looking down a second, she used the moment to recollect herself. “I’m not quite sure why I told you that but for some reason, I feel safe.” She cocked her head to the side. “Safe is probably the wrong word.” She took a long drink and sat in silence.

@Plebometer

8. Cardinal Paroaria

Cardinal Paroaria Character

Independent
    Level 1

Mafia Boss
    OCC Account:
    Brick
    Character Profile:
    Link

Cardinal decided to play a game of Where's Cardinal? Cardinal did indeed have no clue of where he was. He usually would be found on Courscant, Nar Shadda, or Tatooine, but this place looked like none of them. Cardinal didn't even know how he got to the blue planet. All he remembered was waking up in some shady hotel, with guards guarding the only door out. Thankfully the guards were his, and weren't there to keep him inside, but rather keep anyone out. The previous day, Cardinal had a meeting with one of his lieutenants who turned out to be a traitor, and put sleeping poison in his drink. He didn't remember anything, and he attempted to piece together what happened with his men.

Cardinal walked outside, "
    Fellas, lets go get ourselves drunk. Booze's on me." That was how they ended up at some relatively small cantina. As they entered, Cardinal looked around the room, already drunk from the pure smell of alcohol, Cardinal grunted and pointed to a table next to two beautiful women.

@Judis @Plebometer

OOC: hope y'all don't mind me joining! =)

Judis likes this.