PvP Barrack Corellia OOC

Discussion in 'Story OOC' started by Painus, May 13, 2019.

1. Painus

Painus Good Guy/Plot Mod Plot Moderator

[​IMG]

Red blob is the general vicinity of Burk and Leandros

Remember to have fun. This ought to be a good one.

So you guys are 35m away to the southwest of us. Are you on the road or the plot of land? Having some difficulty picturing your exact spot now, since the plot of land looks like it's being occupied by a bunch of dudes shooting things every which way. If that's the case, I figure the tanks are driving along the road? Just want some clarification on that. Feel free to drop a dot where you are on the map!

@Darasuum @Faded Truth @Gian Greydragon

2. Darasuum

Darasuum Skilled-Scrub/Plotting Mod Plot Moderator

@Faded Truth @Gian Greydragon Are the horde of Sith with lightsabers and such behind or in front of the tanks?

Victress is behind the row of tanks correct? Is Nish in a tank behind the front line of tanks or is he one of the tanks in front?

3. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

So the way I pictured it was that the Sith Troopers are out in front so firing and engaging in combat with the Mandalorians near the Field where you guys dropped. The Tanks are coming from the South road but aren't in a single file as the building plot and the field and the horizontal roads are basically all open terrain, they'll be breaking off into right angles towards the Mandalorians. Intermixed with the tanks are the Horde of Sith soldiers, running towards the melee. So as the fight escalates, the tanks will be maneuvering around to fire while the Sith will likely move out in front to engage your Mando NPCs in battle.

Victress is near a tank and behind a few others, whereas Niish is in a Tank slightly to the North of her. Keep in mind though, there's nothing special about Niish's tank from a color or schematic point, so you wouldn't be able to identify exactly which tank he's in.

@Darasuum @Pai-Mike @Gian Greydragon

On a side note, Painus, why is your name still Pai-Mike on the site? LOL

Oh and Im not that good with Paint and things but as for positioning, I was thinking near the end of Barracks 3 and the conjunction of the other road as for Gian and myself's current location.

4. Darasuum

Considering that these tanks are large and being used as cover could you approximate their location. It would make sense in the near future for our characters to make actions based on whether they can hit or miss the vehicles and associated infantry so it would help to have an accurate understanding of where they are more specifically than just "spread out and not in a line with victress behind some"
    Are they only allowing a few meters between them to have infantry pass through? Is it a tight formation the couple of tanks have in between victress and the mandalorians so she can't see past the tanks?

Which way are the tanks facing since their armor is only forward facing, that makes a difference so are they facing north, north east. east, directly facing just Burkhart and Leandros?

Right now the map looks like with positioning and distances mentioned
    [​IMG]

Made based off of @Pai-Mike 's map. Open to corrections. Each square is a meter. That 34 is supposed to be a 35 btw.

Painus likes this.
  5. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

@Darasuum

Your map looks pretty good actually, Gian is at work I believe so he can chime in later if he sees anything. The only thing I would want changed is that Victress is not necessarily behind that second tank but rather 2-3 meters to the left of it. I would say that there would be a good 4-5 meters between the tanks to allow for infantry and sith to pass through. Victress has a line of sight on the Mandalorians.

As for the position of the tanks, I think you got it pretty well, the front of them would be facing the Mandos as they're breaking off into right angles towards the battle field.

Also as far as the two of you go, who's gold and who's red?
    @Pai-Mike @Gian Greydragon

6. Darasuum

If I move Victress more to the "west" (not left cuz that's going to get confusing and is a relative term) then she would be an additional 2-3 meters away from the mandos since right now she is exactly 35 meters away as you said. I can make sure that there is 4-5 meters spacing but that's going to change the tanks' positions

Burk is gold, Leandros is red.

edit:

updated map in spoiler

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  7. Painus

[​IMG]

edit: whenever we square the map away i'll post after my exam. anywhere from 2-5ish hours from now

Darasuum likes this.
  8. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

@Darasuum

Actually your spacing Looks good because I’m already counting 5 squares in between so that’s enough for infantry. Did you change location in the updated? It looks the same on my end.

9. Darasuum

Just a little bit.

10. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

It looks all right, just want to make sure that the map isn’t interpreted such that Victress is fully obscured. Line of sight of both parties is maintained.

11. Darasuum

Pretty sure that the tank with the turret is taller than Victress. The humbler only mentions its length but i’d say it’s at least 2 meters tall and also 3-4 meters wide.

Addition: Victress is 5’ 3” if i remember correctly yes?

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  12. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

I figured that based on the map so wanted to get that clarified before combat began. So can you please move her a few squares upwards, so she’s off to the west of the tanks left side?

13. Darasuum

sure, that will in turn move Gian another few meters to the north to keep the relative distance.

Faded Truth likes this.
  14. Darasuum

[​IMG]

Closed it in a little tighter than before. There you go.

15. Gian Greydragon

Gian Greydragon The Great Blackholio

16. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

@Pai-Mike

Can you change this sentence in your post: "Leandros knew that his mount’s impressive armor was impervious to even their main turret, though he wasn’t." The way it's written is not accurate.

I checked with Loco and reviewed the Tech write ups for both the Humbler and the Droid; so the Heavy Blaster Cannon is treated as light laser cannon. In the Basilisk write up, it says that the droid is "Impervious to small arms fire and can withstand most fire up to laser light cannon without difficulty". So speaking with our Tech team, the Droid wouldn't be one shot by the Turret but would still take damage as no ship or vehicle is immune to cannon fire.

Also, what is the spacing between Leandros and Burk?

@Darasuum @Gian Greydragon

17. Painus

That's reasonable. There was no clear guidance on laser vs blaster cannons relative to each other, so I just assumed light laser was a step above heavy blaster. I'll fix that in a sec

Spacing between the two of them is probably 2-3m judging by the map

edit: edited

Faded Truth and Gian Greydragon like this.
  18. Painus

@Faded Truth Basilisks don't have rear legs, only the front two legs and the big ol lobster tail in the back with tiny little crawdad legs (pictures below). When I said rearing back on its legs, I meant that it would flatten its tail out/dip its hind and extend its forelegs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Because of that, there's no major rear appendages for her to grab and yank forward. Also, are the directions relative to Victress' viewpoint towards the basilisk, or the basilisk's viewpoint towards Victress? (i.e., her left is my right, vice versa) Just want some clarification on which perspective you're looking from

Furthermore, the frag rockets are fired at the same time as the lasers: "While the laser and plasma cannons violated the second tank, Leandros directed his droid to fire one frag rocket at the open space between it and the first tank and ..."

The 'while' there states that it occurs at the same time, so the explosives have already left the tube by the time of the tank being shot and the pull, so they wouldn't be thrown off course without being directly targeted.

I think those are the only issues I found with your post. I'll comb back through after I do some stuff, but those are the things that stood out to me the most.

19. Faded Truth

Faded Truth PvP

Oh interesting, I thought they had four legs (pictured it as a dog more or less). So when you say rear up, you're doing similar to what Burkhart is doing with the front legs straightening upwards to pull Leandros out of view? And Tail is flattened?

Also, you mentioned that Leandros is out of view of the tank but yet he's able to direct fire on tank 2. So is he just out of view of Niish's tank or all combatants on the field?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  20. Painus

Essentially, yeah.

And Leandros should pretty much be out of view of all the tanks except maybe the rightmost one, but even it would probably only see a portion of his body based on how the droid is rearing back. He doesn't need to personally point to the droid where it needs to fire, since it's autonomous enough to get his command of blocking troop movement between the tanks.