Ask  Plot  Corellia Bad Deals Can Be Good Deals

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Garryn Trench, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Garryn Trench

Garryn Trench Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Painus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    ”Look, I don’t care how much they said it’s gonna cost, that price isn’t what I wanted!”

Garryn stood outside the small office space he had leased, staring at the building and wondering what the hell he was going to do now. On the other end of the phone, one of his buddies was trying to negotiate a better deal between the owner and Garryn, but the Eriaduan businessman was not budging very much. He planned on buying out the building and paying off his lease, but the current owner jacked the price way higher than what he originally asked for as soon as he noticed that Garryn was intent on purchasing it. The building was in a pretty good area in the corporate sector of Coronet City, and it was unlikely he’d find a better deal elsewhere.

”Listen,” he said into the phone, looking the building up and down, ”I won’t go higher than the original asking price. He can jack it up as high as he wants, but I’ll make sure everybody knows how much of a cheating scumbag he is.” He had no way of following through with that threat, but it felt good to at least make it. Truth be told, Garryn was a nobody on Corellia. He was just trying to get this office space to himself to establish a base of operations and begin his arms trade, but the people on this planet were such dicks about the whole thing. There were a ton of people eying this spot, and he knew he had to act fast.

”Okay, how about this,” he sighed, turning around to face the street, ”He sells it to me for eighty percent of the original price and when we get started, he gets a lifetime discount on all of our arms.” He paused for a moment, listening to the other end, his face oscillating between furious and tired. ”Ninety? Try eighty-five…. Okay, eighty-seven and a half, lifetime discount of twenty percent.”

”What the kriff do you mean ‘he’s backing out unless I can pay in full?’” Garryn growled into the phone, his face frozen in confusion. Why was getting control of a building so difficult? ”Look, I’m just trying to get an arms trade up and running on Corellia, and this guy’s being a real dick. Tell him I’ll call him back tomorrow with an answer.” At that, Garryn ended the call before awaiting a response and stuffed the device back into his suit pocket, turning back around to face the building.

”God, what’s it take for a man to sell guns here?” he said aloud, shaking his head and shoving his hands in his pockets. He really needed a lucky break here.

@Sreeya

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. Tasha Blackwell

Tasha Blackwell Character

Independent
    Level 2

BIT CEO
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tasha knew that building a corporate empire meant she had to set up shop everywhere. This included going into deep space and searching through the various city and office districts to find the perfect place to set up a premise. She had spent the past week or so going to different sites, but she kept coming back to a single one that was perfectly situated in a central hub. Not only that, but it was in perfect position to have levels added above to form into a tower.

She knew there was another man on the market looking for it, and some background research told her he was a businessman working to set up an arms trade. Tasha had the IT infrastructure set up for her company, but she needed hard resources and supplies now. A man like him would have connections she would find valuable, and she made it a point to seek him out.

As Tasha approached closer towards the building to try and see if there were other offers, she found the man already there. He was frustrated and had just finished yelling about the prices of the building. Tasha was adorned in an elegant, yet casual dress that was very different from the attire she wore back in her dancer days. She was in Deep Core, but she hoped the man wasn’t badly prejudiced against non-humans. These days, the more educated public generally had no issues with aliens.

“Getting your hands dirty,” Tasha answered as he asked his question in exasperation. She stepped closer to him, turning to regard the building for a moment, “I’m also in the market,” She admitted, still not looking at him, “But this particular case probably needs a less than honorable touch,” Tasha grinned, turning to face him again. She extended her hand out for him, “Tasha Blackwell.”

3. Garryn Trench

Garryn Trench Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Painus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Garryn continued to look ahead at the building, smoothing out the front of his suit. It really was in the perfect spot, and he was amazed that nobody had yet claimed it. He could picture it now: Trench Tower, right in the middle of the corporate sector, a skyscraper reaching to the heavens with his office in the clouds looking down on the city. What a sight that would be. That dream was a ways off, and he knew he would have to bust his ass to get to that point, but, hey, a man can dream, right?

First, he needed to secure the stupid building. He had been renting it out as a temporary office space for a while, but if he wanted to expand, he needed to own it. Thing is, the current owner had his head so far up his ass he could use his ribs as braces. As he continued to look at the building and formulate just how he planned on gaining ownership of the building, a woman answered his question. She stepped up beside him and faced the building and Garryn turned his head to look at her. From head to tail she was gorgeous, though that could be the afternoon’s brandy talking. Blue skin like sapphires, flaming red hair, a svelte form nicely wrapped up in a dress; she looked like something out of a spy holo.

Garryn observed her for a moment as she spoke, glancing back at the building as she mentioned that she was also in the market. When she turned to face him, he paused for a moment, facing away and looking at her, before he turned towards her and took her hand, giving it a firm shake. ”Garryn Trench,” he responded, looking into her yellow eyes as they gripped hands. He let go and lowered his hand again, eying her warily, ”Dirty hands, huh? You some kind of cop?” After a few moments he chuckled to himself, shaking his head, ”I’m kidding, they don’t make cops like you.”

”Owner of this place’s being a real jergoff,” he admitted, turning back to face the building, ”So consider me interested in what kind of ‘less than honorable’ plan you had in mind here.” At the conclusion of his sentence, his phone buzzed, but all Garryn did was put it on silent and stick it back in his pocket before turning back towards Tasha, intrigued by what the woman had to say.

@Sreeya

4. Tasha Blackwell

Independent
    Level 2

BIT CEO
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tasha knew the man’s name, of course, but she would play along just the same. He had the aura about him that most would describe as ‘shmuck’. His suit looked as if it were worth more than people made in a year, and she was sure he had a very complicated way of ordering his caf. Nevertheless, he was more than pleasing on the eyes, and she was sure he could sell water on Manaan.

When he made the crack about her being a cop, Tasha grinned, “Then you better not run, because I can’t chase in these heels,” She gave him a playful wink, turning her attention back to the building. It was no secret the man that owned it could charge whatever he damn well pleased. The building wasn’t massive, but the location and growth opportunities were extremely lucrative. He had several buyers competing over one another to lay claim to it, and it gave him free rein to charge anything.

“Myers Koft has been married for about twenty years,” Tasha said quietly, “He has a teenage son, a younger daughter, both involved in athletics and the academic societies. His wife runs a home successful home business and is a member of the school board. They’re both very involved in their community and have a dog. Everything is as perfect as can be, and they’re the poster family,” She finally smiled, “Every now and then, Mr. Koft likes to venture into the seedier districts of Coronet City to play out his submissive kinks with his Mistress who - spoiler alert - is not his wife,” Tasha said all of this very matter of factly, “Now, if one should happen upon such evidence and present them to Mr. Koft, I’m sure he can be...persuaded to change his opinion on the sell price.”

@Painus

5. Garryn Trench

Garryn Trench Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Painus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Garryn eyed the woman next to him warily. It wasn’t often that you were approached by an attractive alien offering suggestions to help buy an office space the two of you were eying, and he knew she was playing at some kind of angle. People didn’t just help people they didn’t know. That wasn’t how the galaxy worked, not in the cutthroat world of business. Garryn had cut many throats before – figuratively, of course. He’s never actually killed someone – and that only exacerbated his caution when dealing with people. But, like his pal from school used to say, ”Kark it, who cares, we gotta die sometime, might as well get rich first,” so Garryn decided he’d entertain this woman.

He smiled and shook his head at the heels comment, but otherwise remained silent as he turned towards the building, letting her speak. As she went on, Garryn began to realize that she knew far, far more than she let on at first. Holy hell, she knew some pretty juicy dirt on Koft. He knew he was a scumbag model citizen, but he didn’t know he had that side to him. Garryn pursed his lips as he thought, turning over the ideas Tasha was giving him in his mind.

After a few moments of silence, he turned back towards her, cocking a brow and stuffing a hand in his pocket. ”How the hell did you get that kind of dirt?” he asked, genuinely impressed, ”…And why’re you telling me all of this? What’s the catch?” Everything had a price, and information that could ruin someone’s life and get Garryn what he wanted often didn’t come very cheap. His eyes traced the woman’s body again, ending on her face. She was hard to read, and that made Garryn nervous.

But he was very, very intrigued.

@Sreeya

6. Tasha Blackwell

Independent
    Level 2

BIT CEO
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tasha grinned at him as he couldn’t keep back his shock. She couldn’t blame him - all the intel she had was pure gold. He also wasn’t foolish enough to believe this was all being handed over for free. Nor was she going to reveal how she had all this intel. Tasha simply smiled for a moment before she answered, “I want to buy this building,” She said, looking at the building again, “But I also want to buy you.”

She gave him a moment to stew with those words, “I have started a technology firm and I want to bring in the best talent to manage the various divisions I'd like to implement. The main one will be arms dealing, and that’s where you could be fantastic,” Tasha turned to look at him then, “I can tell you now it’ll take you far beyond where you’re at now. I have already begun to set up premises at various points in the galaxy including Manaan and Nar Shaddaa.”

She felt confident about her company, and she was beginning to truly believe in it. Tasha had been quite picky about who she had asked to work with her, but so far her hunch had been right. Anyone she brought in was a fantastic addition to the team, and they all pulled their weight. She had no doubts that Garryn would be the same.

“Do I have your attention yet?” She asked with a grin, “If yes, our next stop will be the sketchy district of Coronet City.”

7. Garryn Trench

Garryn Trench Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Painus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Garryn couldn’t believe his ears. She wanted to buy the building… and him? He wasn’t sure that he was for sale, not for cheap, anyways. She seemed focused on the building, and Garryn looked ahead as well, wiping his face clean of any incredulous expression he had. Business like this was all about playing it cool, and he wouldn’t give her the satisfaction of seeing his confusion or astonishment. Not yet, at least. Standing there beside her, he contemplated the idea of being bought out by the likes of her. That wouldn’t be the worst fate, he concluded, giving the woman another look-over.

Tasha continued on and went into detail about her budding enterprise. A multi-divisional organization with him heading the main arm? Not only did that sound fantastic, it kept him in the business of arms dealing. Based on what she was saying, this thing had the potential to be big, and that meant making money. A whole lot of it, in fact. With offices on Manaan, Corellia, and Nar Shaddaa, she could hit a wide range of consumers and markets, spreading influence across the many regions of the galaxy. Garryn had to admit – this woman had her shit together. She just needed the team to help her out and get the business going. She oozed a sort of quiet confidence, something Garryn found irresistible; it wasn’t often someone approached you on the street and offered a position in a budding intergalactic business.

Garryn smiled at his good fortune and nodded a few times in response to Tasha’s final question. ”Lady, you had my attention as soon as you walked up,” he said, smoothing out the front of his jacket, ”I’m all the way in.” He looked at her with a mischievous grin, then at the building to envision his future there again, then back towards Tasha, nodding one final time. ”My speeder’s parked just down the street, unless you’ve got a better way towards the shady side of town?” He held up his keys to the vehicle, dangling them in front of Tasha.

@Sreeya

8. Tasha Blackwell

Independent
    Level 2

BIT CEO
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tasha chuckled at his words, “I have that effect on people,” She winked at him, jutting her chin towards his speeder for him to lead the way. They were fine taking that over into the district, especially as he wasn’t entirely too recognizable just yet. Tasha had her saber in her purse just in case the man was shadier than she had expected. So far, he didn’t give any vibes but those of a greedy businessman, and in this case that was what she needed.

Within moments, they sped off and were making their way towards the scummy districts of Coronet City. A lot of the area here looked exactly like the street where she worked. Tasha gazed out the window, looking at the buildings that advertised dancers and girls. She had been one of those girls, and it was her picture plastered on some posters. Tasha had to smile, thinking about how different her life was now.

She gave the directions, leading them into specific alleyways till they came across what looked like an unmarked warehouse. Tasha looked ahead, grinning, “I promise I didn’t bring you here to kill you,” She couldn’t help but chuckle, the building looking more than a little suspicious. Tasha got out of the speeder and went first just in case he was too uncomfortable.

There was a slit in the front door and Tasha knocked in a specific pattern. The slit opened and a pair of eyes appeared. Tasha looked up and mumbled, “Prospectus,” It was a bizarre choice for a password, but it worked. The door opened to reveal a large, brutish man that glared at them both. Tasha paid him no heed, walking right past him.

They walked down a long, dark corridor and it opened up to a room bathed in purple light and shag carpeting. There were half naked women all around, and people wearing various costumes for specific kinks. Someone was being whipped in the corner, and there was a high tempo bass thumping away. Tasha glanced over to Garryn, “We’re looking for a- Will you wipe that look off your face?” She began to laugh, “We’re looking for a Mistress KittyKat.”

9. Garryn Trench

Garryn Trench Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Painus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Garryn was strangely intrigued by this woman. Well, it wasn’t exactly that strange of a response – she had appeared out of the blue, pun intended, and offered him a job all for the low price of ruining a man’s life. Frankly, he didn’t care about whether or not Myers Koft lived a pleasant, uninterrupted life – he wanted to see him squirm just for trying to big man him on the deal to buy out the building. Was that petty? Extremely, but Garryn was a very petty man. The kind of guy to grab the last burger at a cook out just before you could, even if he wasn’t hungry, just so you wouldn’t have it. A real stand-up citizen, really.

The duo set off in his speeder towards the seedier side of town, just a businessman and his ravishing partner for the night, as far as any onlookers were concerned. Tasha sat in the passenger’s seat, gazing out the window, and Garryn gave her the occasional glance, curious as to her thoughts. She seemed so forthcoming with the information, so long as he joined her business venture, yet, there was a nagging feeling that there was more than she let on. There always were more than one catches in these kinds of deals, but his desire to see Koft go down outweighed his desire to know what else she wanted.

Eventually, they arrived, and Tasha finally broke the silence. Garryn laughed and shook his head, giving a light shrug as he said, ”Wouldn’t be the worst way to go.” The area was extremely suspicious, and the random unmarked warehouse really added to that aesthetic. They got out and followed behind Tasha, keeping a hand on his wallet just in case. You never could be too sure, really.

Tasha seemed to know her way around and knocked on the door in a deliberate sequence, to which Garryn raised a brow. She really knew her way around, apparently. After a while, during which she provided one of the dumbest passcodes he had ever heard, the door swung open. They walked ahead past the bouncer unimpeded, and Garryn had to wonder just what level of pull this woman had to know what she did. She obviously was no stranger to working dirty, and a budding businesswoman such as herself would undoubtedly have underworld connections. He figured she just knew the right people.

The building was, as expected, a fetishist’s paradise. Sensual lighting, shag carpeting, women galore – he wondered what a place like this would be like on spice. A few times he caught himself gawking at the girls, but quickly focused back on Tasha, following along. She began to speak to him, and he stared back at her with a mixture of amazement, confusion, and… something more primal, quickly catching himself and recomposing to that businesslike demeanor he had put up previously.

”Mistress KittyKat… okay.”

As he spoke, a woman clad in latex and bondage gear up to her head rubbed against him, moaning in his ear. ”Mistress KittyKat?” she mewed, sliding to the other side of his body, ”My… you have some fun taste…” Before Garryn could clarify, the woman wrapped an arm around his waist and pointed ahead towards a side room with a regal curtain and gentle, pulsating light emitting from within. ”She’s over there, handsome,” she said, shifting over towards Tasha, ”I’m certain you and your… lover can have some group fun.” With that, she laughed and slinked away, sneaking into one of the many moaning side rooms. Garryn looked at Tasha and shrugged, ”Found her.”

He made his way towards the room, tossing the curtain aside. Within, he saw a woman clad in… clothes? They only covered as little as reasonably allowed in this place, and she wore a headband with cat ears. In her hands was a fearsome-looking whip, and the chained-up man she stood behind looked both terrified and completely into it. She paused in the act, turning to look at the newcomers with vested interest, while the man across from her squirmed and begged for her to carry on. What a weirdo.

”…Mistress KittyKat?” he asked, looking to Tasha for some degree of comfort or reassurance, not wanting to become the fetishist’s next “victim.” She put a hand on her hip and cocked her head, but otherwise remained silent. ”We’re here for information about a client of yours.”

@Sreeya

10. Tasha Blackwell

Independent
    Level 2

BIT CEO
    OCC Account:
    Sreeya
    Character Profile:
    Link

Tasha almost laughed out loud seeing how uncomfortable Garryn was. Most people would be shifty in a place like this, and Tasha had to remember that not everyone had her background and exposure to this kind of lifestyle. She was unfazed by it all, her focus solely on this ‘mistress’. Tasha grinned over at Garryn as he looked to her for reassurance, “Don’t worry, she won’t bite.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” KittyKat winked, walking over in her tall stilettos. As she went to reach for Garryn, Tasha stepped out in front of him, her yellow eyes narrowing, “Only here for official business. Don’t want to waste either of our time.”

The mistress was taken aback, not used to being spoken to like this. Over the next few minutes Tasha quickly presented some credits in exchange for some dirt on the building owner. The price was high, but it was certainly a lot less than what the man was asking for. In the end, they managed to get some incriminating photos that Tasha could threaten to have sent to the man’s wife.

She led the way back out of the shady warehouse and paused to face Garryn. Tasha handed the surveillance photos over, “Well, it’s in your hands. You can take these to him and get the building for yourself and do your own thing,” She grinned, “Or you can get the building and come work for me. In any case, I’ll let you make the call.”

11. Garryn Trench

Garryn Trench Character

Independent
    Level 1

OCC Account:
    Painus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Listen, Garryn could get down, but as far as he was concerned, he was a pretty vanilla dude. A place like this satisfied a level of carnal desire that he didn’t really think about – or want to, for that matter – trying to explore. The woman with the whip and the chained-up gimp across from her were pretty soundly on the other side of his “yes please” list of wants and needs. Seriously, how did people get off to this stuff? Worst part is, he probably knew a few of the people in here. That was a weird thing to think about.

Shaking his head, Garryn looked back at Tasha as she interceded on his behalf, defending him against the fetishist. He looked at her, grateful for the defense, and nodded affirmatively to her request. They were here for information. This seemed as good a place as any to ruin a man’s life, after all.

After hearing about the stuff that Koft was into – and the exorbitant price his mistress charged for the information – Garryn was pretty excited that they were going to get him to sell the complex for way less than he demanded. Dude was into some weird stuff, and Garryn was certain he wouldn’t even be able to look at him straight when he went to blackmail him. After a few minutes of exchanging money for information, the duo left the wacko warehouse and stood outside on the dingy streets.

Tasha handed him the photos and evidence, telling him it was up to him to decide his next course of action. He returned the smile, holding up the data, ”Thanks for this,” he said, stuffing it into his inner jacket pocket, ”I’ll consider your offer.” With a wink, he returned to his speeder and set off, pulling out his phone and placing a call to his buddy close to Koft.

”It’s Trench. Gimme a meeting with Koft. I’m gonna buy the building.”

The meeting went as he expected. Koft sat him down and very firmly told him the price. Garryn haggled for a little bit, pretended that he was about to give in, and then suddenly revealed the information he had on Koft. Koft, ever the family man, was horrified and astonished someone had gotten evidence of his impropriety, and begged Garryn not to tell anyone, willing to do anything for it. The businessman across from him smiled and tucked the data back into his pocket for safekeeping, reclining in his chair.

Garryn now sat in the office of the new building he owned, relaxing in the same chair he used to strongarm Koft into selling the space for a fraction of the price. He sipped a whiskey sour, sighing contentedly, and looked ahead at his empty office, planning his next move into the arms market. After a while he sighed and reached for the phone, dialing a number given to him. After a few moments, a woman on the other end would pick up. Garryn hesitated for a moment, then reclined in his seat, looking up at the ceiling with a grin.

”Tasha? It’s Garryn. Count me in.”

@Sreeya

//end thread