Ask Another day, another exercise

Discussion in 'Expansion Region and Mid Rim' started by Sakadi Marathi Sinvala, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Sakadi accepted the outstretched hand of the Echani, as she calmly stood up from the mat. He asked her where she hailed from. What was she going to say? Born on Thustra, had a house on Serenno, but lived more in hotels on Onderon, Alderaan, Coruscant, Corellia, Naboo and yes, even Dromund Kaas. She never really had a home; one of the many curses her fame had brought her. Not wanting to dwell on the past, she simply shrugged.

From nowhere, really. But if I had to give an answer, I guess I've been born on Thustra. Not that I even remember what the planet looks like.

While she felt exhausted, telepathy still proved to be no effort for her. Of course, it put some strain on her, but it was nothing she couldn't handle or hadn't dealt with before. She marched out of the training hall. She waited just outside of the hall, until he caught up with her. The day had just begun, and she was already tired. It was not exactly going according to plan.

2. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As he walked, Vash noticed he was still limping a bit, but now that he didn't have to run after fast, agile Padawans, the effect was much less noticeable. Sure, he could heal, but that wasn't his expertise, and neither did he have the time or energy to focus on a healing trance right now. Food would help a lot in this regard... and an idea began to form in his mind.

"I know what you mean," he said, in reply to her statment "I barely remember my homeplanet, too. Dad and I left when I was just a kid. Corellia had more opportunities."

Sakadi's awnser had been a bit vague, but Vash thought it best not to press her for more awnsers. That'd serve no purpose other than make her uncomfortable.

"You know, I was thinking," he began, now walking alongside her, "maybe we should go out to eat? I know a place a bit more... reserved. And the food's pretty good, to boot! My treat," he added with a little wink.

At this point, there was a considerable number of people out and about, and he knew that this was the time when the dining room would be quite packed of all sorts of species looking for their first meal. Another group of people was moving to the training area, and others still to the meditation rooms. No one could say Jedi weren't dedicated.

But while Vash didn't mind large crowds or anything of the sort, he still preferred to have his meals in a more secluded spot. It brought him back memories of his father, who, despite being generally open and gregarious (much more than Vash could ever hope to be), still made it a point to privately spend time with close friends and his son whenever possible, especially during meals. Now, Sakadi was just an acquaintance, but Vash respected her, and he suspected she'd appreciate a quieter environment.

3. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

She listened as he talked about his own past. Didn't seem like his childhood was that fun either. From what he just told, he atleast lacked a mother for a large part of his childhood.

The offer of taking a bite outside of the dining room wasn't a bad idea. She generally avoided leaving the temple to go out for lunch, dinner or breakfast, simply because it was such a drag to try and bring her points across without being able to talk. Not everyone seemed to understand what she meant by pointing at things. But this time, she wasn't going alone. She nodded, accepting his invitation.

Give me a minute to go grab my cloak. Meet me back at the front entrance.

With that, she walked off, in the direction of the living quarters. She quickly entered her room, which was clearn and organized. Not that there was much that could make a mess of the room, for Sakadi liked to keep it plain and simple. She quickly grabbed the dark brown cloak which hung next to her door. She hesistated for a moment if she should take anything else. She finally settled on bringing her small binoculars and her specially modified holocom with her. You'd never know what might happen in a city like Jedha. Despite the Jedi order being present in the city, it was still overflowing with crime and problems. Realizing that Vash would likely be waiting about now, she hurried to the entrance.

4. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The Echani nodded at her request and slowly made his way to the entrance, bowing his head to the occasional passer-by he found on as he walked. Vash's somewhat bulky clothes were already suitable to the colder temperatures of the moon, so he didn't really have to take anything... though he briefly considered taking his hawk along for the ride.

Pets and restaurants generally don't go along, though, were his thoughts as he shunted the idea aside. Instead, Vash focused on opening himself to the Force while he moved outside, letting the cold envelop him. Jedha wasn't a very big place, but it had deep spiritual meaning. That brought pilgrims, who in turn brought trade, which in turn brought smugglers and other shady characters... the cycle went on and on.

But despite this, the place was still a beacon of Force energy, and Vash could feel it enveloping him, and those around him. It was invigorating in a way he couldn't even begin to describe, feeling all that power passing through everything, touching everything. It affected the lives of everyone, Vash knew, even if they didn't realize it.

This place is really special. He took a deep breath of the cold air, sensing behind him that Sakadi was arriving. Turning to face her, Vash gave her a warm smile. His little meditation had put him in a good mood.

"You look lovely," he complimented, while keeping his tone somewhat neutral. It wasn't an insincere compliment, though it was designed more to put the Sephi off her guard. She probably wasn't expecting it, and it might be funny to get a reaction out of her "It's just a few blocks north, and good thing, too- I'm starving, and it's all your fault!", he jokingly added as he began to move. This time, Vash made sure to use a cheery tone to leave no doubts it was a joke. It was improbable, but maybe she'd really think he blamed her for being hungry.

5. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Sakadi pulled her hood up before stepping outside. She didn't like being recognized, or strangers looking at her. She preffered to keep a low profile, no matter where she went. With a smooth pace, the hooded figure approached Vash. Sakadi gave him a sly smile as he commented on her appearance. She knew what he was trying to accomplish, little did he know that she was used it. In the past, many men had approached her, complimented her and hoping to gain something from her. After a while, flattery stopped working.

She twirled around once, showcasing her very plain cloak from all angles. You think so? Dark brown isn't really my color. But oh well, I've had worse. Her performances during her childhood had forced her to wear an uncountable amount of different dresses. "Fashion", as her parents called it. Looking back on it, she was glad that she traded those dresses for the much more comfortable Jedi robes.

His second tease did not go unnoticed to her as she listened carefully while he explained where they were going. She slightly frowned as his remark?
    My fault? You were the one who suggested sparring.. The by now familliar voice would ring through his head as they descended from the Temple it's stairs. Just a few blocks North. Sakadi glanced at the strangers passing by. Their garments often colorful, heads hidden beneath masks or cloth. Even this early in the morning did the city seem to be brimming with life. Pilgrims, shop owners, beggars, traders, everyone seemed invested to accomplish some goal today. She would look up at Vash for a moment. Did he know that the blocks north of the Temple were dangerous?

6. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    When Vash saw Sakadi's sly smile, his eyes widened in genuine surprise, which only increased when she began twirling to show her cape. He hadn't expected the Sephi to take it so well, but that was actually a really good thing. From their first meeting, he had tought she'd be grumpy and serious all the time, but as it turned out, Sakadi had a good sense of humor.

"Oh, dark brown makes you look super mysterious, I like it," he awnsered, this time telepathically. It was pretty fun to vary the approach between talking and telepathy. Now that they were cutting their way between a significant group of people, however, Vash decided to speak out loud.

"Yes, your fault! Did you really have to force me to jump and run around? You could have just stood still!", the Echani exclaimed in a very annoyed tone... which gave the desired effect: most everyone was looking at him like he was insane... which prompted him to look at them like they were insane.

"What? Don't you hear the voice in my head?!", he asked no one in particular, before quickly moving away. He took Sakadi's hand while he did so to speed things along, because truth was, he didn't want to linger long after sounding completely mad, even though the look of surprise on people's faces was worth the trouble.

Vash planned to let go of Sakadi's hand after they'd moved a distance away from everyone, but it was entirely possible she'd shrug him off much sooner than that; it made no difference, however. They were on the move either way, and now getting to a more rundown part of the city. It wasn't by a large margin, but the number of passers-by had diminished a bit.

He had heard some rumors that this area was a bit dangerous, but surely it was just exageration, no? Vash had been here countless times and nothing had happened, and it's not as if the north area was that much different than the rest of Jedha: the place was cold and gloomy by nature. If it weren't for the strong Force signature keeping an aura of constant calm (and even joy), this moon would be very depressing.

In contrast, the place that Vash was taking her was much different than the rest of the gloomy view that characterized Jedha: it had bright, neon lights, of blue and yellow. Vash knew the owner, and he was aware he'd chosen to make the place as colorful as possible exactly because of the heavy visual atmosphere around them.

The lights converged to show a Rancor dancing in a very clumsy manner, sometimes blue, sometimes yellow, sometimes both. Inside, the place looked small, with only a few tables, and it had a few tidbits of decoration, though in a more somber manner than the exterior. There were mostly a few paintings here and there, as well as a few different fish, made of plastic, hanging from the ceiling. There was not a lot of activity. For non Jedi and non pilgrims, this was not exactly time to be out and about, especially given how cold the moon was.

"Here we are," Vash proclaimed, opening the door to Sakadi. "The outside's a little flamboyant, but I assure you, it's a very quiet place"

7. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

His sudden switch from telepathy to talking out loud startled her bit, especially since he decided to blame her here, in public. Sakadi took a gander at everyone around her. They were looking at her and Vash. Her expression grew cold as she turned back to Vash. Did he have to draw unwanted attention to them? Just as she was about to make a comment, he grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the crowds. She recognized where he was leading her; some rundown part of the city. Lovely. It brought back memories, memories that were better off burried somewhere deep in her mind, in hopes she'd forget them eventually.

She allowed Vashs to guide her to the small bistro. Or was it more like a restaurant? She couldn't really tell. The lights were too distracting. The dancing rancor seemed like a humorous attempt to draw people in and while it was certainly atmospheric, she imagined that it didn't work as intended. Vash was nice enough to open the door for her, but he had still offended her a bit by drawing unwanted attention. Especially shouting the "your fault" part got to her. Anytime she'd try and cross that street from now on, atleast someone would be judging her. And she couldn't exactly verbally defend herself in public.

While he certainly expected a reaction from her, she decided to give him the cold shoulder and stay silent. Despite the state of the neighborhood, this place seemed to be well maintained. The interior was cozy, tastefully decorated and yet not too flamboyant. Exactly as Vash had said. She looked around for a moment, but saw no owner or waiter yet, so she decided to sit down prominently at the table in the middle. Most people preferred a quiet table in the corner, but not her. Not today, that was. Some backwater restaurant in a rundown neighborhood, she felt out of place. She glanced at the minimalistic decorations. What was this place called? The Dancing Rancor? What kind of public would a place like this attract? She wondered, making sure to keep her thoughts for herself. Her gaze shifted to the other customers. Just a few, this early in the morning. Likely still drunk from some sort of party last night, as the hangover started to kick in.

Especially the man in the corner behind her on the left side of the small establishment was... notable. While she guessed him to be an iridonian zabrak, somewhere in his late 30s, the girl he was with was definitely no older than 16. A Twi'lek to boot. She had often pitied the surpressed Twi'lek race, but there was nothing she could do about it. But still, slavery on Jedha? That was impossible. And yet, she didn't believe the girl to be there because she wanted to. Blackmail maybe? Sakadi shook her head. It wasn't her problem. She pulled her hood down, waiting for the owner of this 'fine establishment' to show up. Or a waiter of course, either option was fine.

8. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Vash hadn't considered that people would be staring at Sakadi as well when he spoke out loud, but he realized his mistake now by the way she kept her silence. I do have the tendency to make stupid mistakes, I suppose, he thought... but quickly pushed these deliberations aside, because something else had attracted his attention: an adult Zabrak, with a Twi'lek teen young enough to be his daughter. Maybe she just liked older men or they were friends... but from the way she seemed to recoil everytime the Zabrak leaned closer to her, Vash thought that something was wrong.

The Echani made sure to sit with his body turned towards them, so he could observe while being discreet. The alien was speaking in a low tone, and his voice and overall posture gave the impression that he was feeling really smug... another red flag. If this is nothing and I start poking around in other people's bussiness, that'd be really bad, though.

So he decided to focus on Sakadi for the time being, pressing a little button on the table to summon the service. He looked into her eye to facilitate the telepathic message he wanted to send.

"I'm sorry for that, back there. I thought it would be funny, but it was kind of stupid," he began, the tone of his voice a little more serious than normal. "Still, I hope you have a good time and- oh, there he is!"

As Vash exclaimed that last part, he smiled to the newcomer, a human male in his mid to late fifties, who shook his hand vigorously.

"John Smith! A pleasure to have you here again!", he said, noticing Sakadi and giving her a broad smile "And you brought a lady friend, good on you!"

"Yes, Jeffrig, I did. But how have you been, my friend?", he asked, trying to divert the attention away from Sakadi.

Oh, the same, but I have you to thank for my back... those stretching exercises have really helped... but you're not here to hear me talk about my problems, what will you have?"

Vash ordered for himself one of the local specialties- a kind of sandwhich made with bread created from a rare grain that tended to only grow in the cold wheather, like the one in Jedha- then proceeded to telepathically ask Sakadi what she'd want... and decided to add a bit more information once she had made her choice and he'd informed Jeffrig.

"This guy here lost his son a while back," he explained, "he liked to talk to me about it, so I pretended to be a pilgrim and gave him some guidance... I also helped with his back problem, so, you know, now he gives me free food once a day," Vash grinned "Now you know why I said it'd be my treat"

9. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Sakadi observed how Vash interacted with the owner. What he said seemed to be true. They knew each other, although their relationship seemed to be based on lies, as the alias John Smith suggested. She intentionally didn't react to the 'lady friend' part of their conversation. When the time came to place their order, Sakadi chose a simple salad with some kind of foreign touch to it. Only her order would echo through his head. No "apologies accepted" or "It's fine." Sometimes it was better to stay silent, and now was one of those times.

She still listened to his explaination of how he and Jeffric met, but again chose not to answer. Her focus was divided between him and the man in the corner. When they entered, he only had eyes for the girl at his table. But now, she was no longer sure that the girl was his priority. It seemed as if he was looking eagerly at her; the lavender colored Sephi in the middle of the bistro. Yeah, she wasn't going to let that slide without giving some sort of a warning shot first. For the first time since they had entered, she looked straight at Vash.

Does this Jeffrig know you're a Jedi? If not, you'd better have some cover-up story ready. She knew that Vash would notice her annoyance through the telepathic voice which had entered his head again. Whether he knew if she would act or not didn't matter to her. Sakadi wasn't some woman that the man in the corner would be able to just pluck off the street, she'd make damn sure he knew. Luckily, there was one universal thing everyone, except Sith Lords, seemed to understand. Don't mess with the Jedi Order.

As if it was the most normal thing to do, Sakadi pulled her Jedi weapon from her hip and slammed it on the corner of their table. After placing the lightsaber hilt in clear sight, she returned to calmly wait for their order to arrive. She hoped that being affiliated with the Jedi Order would scare the man off. If he didn't think twice over that perverted stare he had given her, than he would be in for some trouble. If her training lacked somewhere up till now, it was definitely her self-control. She had a boundary; there were things she tolerated, and frankly a lot of things she didn't. If someone crossed that boundary, Sakadi would make sure that they knew about her displeasure.

10. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He didn't fail to notice how uncomfortable the Zabrak was making Sakadi. If the guy was suspicious before, now he was being downright creepy... but Vash couldn't help but hope that she'd calm down a bit. A rash call here could have repercussions on the Order.

The Echani decided to reach out with the Force, and attune himself to the aura of the bistro. It was an old trick he often did when trying to determine the right course of action. He felt mostly aggression... steeming from the Zabrak and a bit from Sakadi herself, though he could hardly blame her.

"No, I try to keep myself incognito when in public," he explained upon hearing her question, still not speaking out loud. Her annoyance was palpable, which was telling, since she often tended to be very careful with what she sent out in her messages. This is just getting better and better.

"Despite what you may think given my latest outburst, I like to keep a low prof- whoa, ok!"

She had done it. She had actually revealed her Jedi status, or at least let the Zabrak know that she had a very valuable trinket. And his reaction was instant: first the alien's eyes widened in surprise, but then the son of a gun actually smirked. This wasn't good at all. Vash was sure he was devicing some really stupid plan in that ferrocrete skull of his... one that more likely than not would get him killed, but cause a lot of trouble if the Padawan didn't do something about it. And simple violence wasn't going to cut it, he knew. The Zabrak probably had a gang, or something of the type, and they'd be laying in ambush somewhere once he and Sakadi left the bistro, most likely. This had to be handled quick.

So the Echani got up, and gave Sakadi a little wink. "Food is coming, I see Jeffrig arriving from the kitchen from here," he began "Don't you dare eat my fancy bread!" Vash added in a playful tone. He wanted to keep Sakadi calm before moving to the table where the Twi'lek and the Zabrak were. Most importantly, Vash didn't want her following him and making things potentially worse.

"Hello, there!", he began in a jovial tone... but one attuned to the Force would feel the wave of energy he was sending out, and it was far from friendly. At that moment, Vash was pure, joyful aggression. "Couldn't help but notice you two sitting over here- you make such a cute couple!"

The Zabrak shrugged, and the girl recoiled, while Jeffrig set their food on the table and moved away- he knew better than to mess with anyone in these areas, even if he liked Vash.

"Me and my friend are bounty hunters," he continued, gesturing towards Sakadi before the alien could awnser anything "We like to take some names and collect some thropies..." he looked dead in the eye of the Zabrak, intensifying and focusing the wave of aggression fully towards him now. When he opened his mouth to speak again, he began slowly changing his tone from jovial to cold "You wouldn't happen to know people in these areas who have a bounty on their head, would you? We need a challenge after the last couple of Jedi we took out."

Vash could only pray the Zabrak would take the obvious hint that they were non Force sensitive people who weren't to be messed with and walk away. The Force would deffinitely contribute to affect the alien- this was the Echani's specialty, after all: provoking feelings in those who couldn't resist him- but perhaps he'd be too hot headed to heed Vash's warning, and end up doing something really stupid.

Either way, I'm going after him- I've got a Twi'lek to save. And besides, he had to admit, punching the alien's face in would feel amazing.

11. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Sakadi noticed the smirk of the man behind her, without turning her head. She knew thanks to face of her new friend. Vash looked worried for a moment, before slipping back to his cool and calm demeanor.

He had said she looked lovely. He had grabbed her hand. Breakfast was on his tab. And now he winked? Quite affectionate for a first meeting, or so she thought. She was not interested in a relationship, and planned to keep it that way. Although she had to admit, he was good at flattery. She decided to stay put as the Echani moved towards the table behind her. Now it was her turn to smirk; if she had learned something, it was that Vash could be a bit overprotective. The Zabrak was about to find out the hard way. Just as her food arrived. Jeffric glanced at the weapon she had placed on the corner of her table. He swallowed, before placing down the plates on their table. Sakadi caught a glimpse of his thoughts as he moved back to the kitchen of his bistro.

"Kriffing John, you could've told me your lady friend was a kriffing Jedi..."

The Sephi took up the cutlery which came with her salad and decided to just dig in. Turning around was not necessary. Vash had this under control now. Her ears lightly twitched as Vash his tone changed. He had to work on his cover up stories, his wasn't really that convincing. Jedi hunters who came to Jedha, yeah, that sounded like a mistake on their part. She eagerly waited for the Zabrak's reply. She couldn't help but probe his mind for a moment. She focused on building the energy of the light side within her. For a moment, she became a small, but growing, speck of light in the darkness that was this neighborhood. The waves of violence Vash was sending out actively called upon the dark side, it's cold embracing her building light. His aggressive waves of energy might be an Echani specialty, it created some fickle patterns in the Force. Likely, the Echani was not knowingly calling upon the dark side right now.

"Alright man, relax. Imma leave 'kay?" The Zabrak spat out. "Go back to that missy ya brought with ya, can't leave a lady without company am I right?"

She was now halfway through her salad. It had gone unnoticed to her just a second ago, but the waves of energy her companion had sent out affected more people than just the Zabrak. She started counting customers who she could sense had malicious intent. Three in total, plus the Zabrak in the corner. Even Jeffric in the kitchen seemed to be loading some kind of weapon, although she couldn't tell for sure.

Finally having built her power, Sakadi attempted to scan the mind of the Zabrak. The man had a strong will and she could tell that even with her experience, probing his mind without him knowing was not going to be happening. So instead, she shifted her efforts to the Twi'lek next to him. A weak willed thing, someone whoes mind she could easily infiltrate. She could tell that the girl was in deep fear; she saw something Vash couldn't, from his angle. The Zabrak had one arm around the Twi'lek, but the other held a loaded blaster pistol. Under the table. It was at this moment that the three other customers stood up. Guessing they weren't part of the Zabrak's gang, but simply drawn to Vash his powers, she decided to stay put. For now, playing observer felt like doing enough. If he wanted help, Vash would ask for it. She was going to give him a tip though; letting someone die who she just met today wasn't polite.

Sakadi guided the warm embrace of the Force in telepathic waves to Vash. What was left, she'd leave as reservers. The situation was likely going to require Force enhanced combat, as she was still tired of her morning exercise. Making sure her voice would drum through his head, she gave him the necessary warning.

Hey, thought I'd inform you of this, because you seem busy invoking the Dark Side. Please stop doing that by the way. You just involved these three fellows in your problem. Did I mention that the Zabrak is aiming a loaded blaster at you? Yeah, good luck with that. Also, I'm going to eat your fancy bread now. Someone needs to punish you for blurting out such an unconvincing cover-up story. I mean, Jedi hunters on Jedha? We'd be dead before sunrise.

With that, she pulled his plate to her side of the table. He was right, it did look quite fancy. But she had to taste it first before she could jump to conclusions.

12. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    When the Zabrak's response came, Vash couldn't help but flash him a sly smirk. It felt good to be in control, to defuse a dangerous situation with nothing more than a few words and the aid of the Force. Yeah, maybe he was aggressive, but so what? He did it for a good cause, to prevent further harm, so that was good, right? Jedi did aggressive things all the time, else they wouldn't carry glowy swords of death! Still, the Echani was touching the man with the Force, and he seemed remarkably... angry. He wasn't showing it, but there was just something off about all this.

Vash's suspicions were confirmed when, just as he was about to turn away, Sakadi reached out to him through the Force. She didn't seem to hesitate in calling out the flaws of his plans to pretend to be a pair of bounty hunters, though what was more telling was the fact that there were three guys behind him spoiling for a fight, and a grumpy Zabrak with a blaster aimed at him. Now he was mad.

He wanted to show them all the error of their ways, to look into their eyes and have them know that he had won. His first instinct was to lift the Zabrak with the Force right there and then, and hurl him at the three gentlemen heading towards him. It'd have been so easy, to just treat this scum like a ragdoll and save the day...

But, his fellow Padawan's warning hadn't been just about the thugs, it had also been about the Dark Side. He felt her waves of light side energy wash over him, contrasting oh so strongly with his aggressive aura... and as if that wasn't enough, she literally spelled it out for him that he was drawing on the Dark Side. And that she was eating his bread, the little rascall.

Vash took a deep breath. It was going to be a close one. A really, really close one, but it had to be done. He couldn't be outwardly aggressive, not when he was like this. For a fraction of a second, he was reminded of the beginning of his Djem So training, and the reason he had chosen this form: it was all about controlling your adversaries through overbearing strength; peace through superior firepower. But peace was in the heart of it. A heart full of anger was a heart in conflict with itself. He had to work with the Force, not bend it to his will.

And that is what he did.

The Echani kept a warm smile in his face while he looked at the Zabrak. He was opening himself to the Force now, letting it work through him, and he could feel the alien much better than he could a moment ago. Oh, his mind was strong, and Vash was certain he could tell something was wrong, but it didn't matter. That wasn't going to change his mind. In fact, nothing the Padawan said or did was going to change his mind. So be it.

The Zabrak smiled back. And fired the blaster. But Vash was already on the move, his lightsaber had levitated to his hand just a moment before, and it was halfway through igniting when the blaster came towards him. It was really close, but the Echani made an upwards diagonal swing, and his silver blade met with the fiery red shot... which was hurled right back at the Zabrak's shoulder, who screamed in pain and dropped his weapon. The Twi'lek screamed in fear and instinctively began to run away, now that her captor had unwantedly released her.

Djem So may not be as effective against blasters as Shien, but it gets the job done alright, he thought, before sending a quick telepathic message to Sakadi.

"Keep the Twi'lek safe, we need her," was all he said, in a very serious, but calm tone. A fraction of a second later, he turned around to face the three guys who wanted his attention so badly.

Vash smiled at the three, holding the silver blade in front of his body in about a forty degree angle relative to the ground. His hilt was light red, with intricate markings the color of blue all along its length. In addition, it was a little longer than usual, to facilitate a two handed grip.

"How can I help you gentlemen?", he asked in an inviting tone, as if the four of them were about to have a cup of tea.

"And you owe me a fancy bread"
    , he casually sent out to his Sephi friend telepathically.

13. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Her not so subtle warning had the desired result. She felt the decrease in Dark side energy as Vash realized what he was doing. That, and the pleasant taste of the bread had her attention now. In a moment's notice, a silver fire erupted from Vash his hands, deflecting the gunshot from under the table. She could only guess where the Zabrak got hit, but the scent of burning flesh spreading through the bistro told her that it atleast had hit something. That, and the screaming Zabrak were some obvious hints. Sakadi looked at the three other men in the room. Two had blaster pistols over their own, one had a vibroknife. But Vash his display had made them uncertain whether they should interfere or not.

The telepathic message was clear. Go fetch, basically. Did she really have to dash after the Twi'lek? The Sephi stood up, took another bite of Vash his fancy bread, and moved towards the exit. She made sure to take his breakfast with her as she looked him straight in the eyes when she passed by. It was a bit provoking, be that much he deserved after calling upon the Dark Side. She knew he couldn't help it, it was likely an accident, but it still made her realize how susceptible they were as padawans.

She pulled her hood up and took a quick gander to her right. The girl was running, but not fast enough to outrun the likes of Sakadi. Just as she prepared to dash after the Twi'lek, the girl got caught by what seemed like a random group of men. The Zabrak was part of a gang after all. What was even worse, was that the Zabrak didn't even look like their leader now she studied the group. A tall, muscular Trandoshan had caught the Twi'lek. Despite the trandoshan wearing a cloak, Sakadi could clearly see the weaponry on his back. A blaster and... were that two vibroblades? The others had vibroknives, blasters and she faintly saw one equipping a brass knuckle. She opted to activate her lightsaber already, but from this distance, they'd pierce her with blaster bolts before she'd even remotely get close. Instead, she decided to move forward. None of them knew what happened inside the bistro, so she'd make use of their ignorance. She would wait until she was in lightsaber wielding range, before making a rash move.

14. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    It seemed like his little show had produced the desired effect. The three men were definitely less certain about attacking now. For once something I do on the fly kicks off, Vash thought, keeping his eye on each of the gentleman. They were cautious, but hadn't yet retreated. Probably weighting their chances... not everyday you have the opportunity to loot a lightsaber.

The Echani was about to open his mouth to speak some more discouraging words, when suddenly a loud bang coud be heard just to his right: the sound of a slugthrower being fired. Vash, and his new friends, instinctively turned to look at Jeffrig, who'd just shot at the ceiling and had a really big gun in his hands. That was the last bit of incentive the three fellows- and everyone else who was still there, save for Vash- to lose their backbone and run away. The Padawan watched with glee as one of them almost tripped and fell due to how fast he was running.

"That's right, you bastards, you run away from my place- oh, kriff me bloody, John, you're a Jedi, too?!", he exclaimed in surprise, only now noticing that Vash was carrying a lightsaber.

"Yeah, long story, catch you later, Jeffrig, gotta go!", John Smith replied, running out to try and find Sakadi. "And lock the doors!", he yelled behind him. His friend had had enough problems. The Zabrak was still there, he knew, but he had a feeling a wounded alien who'd almost passed out from the pain would be no match for a bistro owner of that caliber.

Meanwhile, on the outside, the noise and ruckus had alerted the Trandoshian and the rest of the gang. But the alien was takng it easy, signaling for two of his men, armed with blasters, to move up ahead, while the other three- himself, the man wearing a brass knuckle and a third, armed apparently with a sonic blaster, stayed behind to give cover. The Twi'lek had retreated a bit, but was seemingly too afraid to walk away from the gang.

15. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

The cloaked figure walked towards the group with determination. She made sure to stay near the side of the street, she didn't want to catch their attention. Yet. She heard a loud bang behind her; the sound of a slugthrower going off. It alerted the gang immediately. To make matters worse for her, soon after the loud bang, the four men ran outside. Sakadi was now trapped between two groups, although those who ran outside didn't seem to be in for a fight. The Trandoshan leader signaled to his men, having those with blasters step forward. Little did they know how close Sakadi was. The gang wasn't focused on her at all; the bistro had their attention. This allowed her to walk straight past the two blaster wielding individuals.

Just before reaching the three gentlemen, Sakadi made eye contact with the Trandoshan on accident. He narrowed his eyes a bit as she passed by. She could tell that he was about to figure out what she was going to do. But by the time he'd be able to respond, Sakadi was already moving. She had been able to walk just a bit further; right behind the trio as she made her move. Sakadi reached for her saber and spun around. "Watch out!" the Trandoshan cried, but it was already too late. Sakadi's saber had found it's mark, slashing straight through the popliteal spaces of both the sonic blaster wielding man's legs. She had attempted to take down Vash in a similar manner during their sparring match, which hadn't worked, so she'd attempt it here again. Practice made perfect after all. The man fell to his knees as he cried out in pain. The injury would likely cause him to black out, but medical technology nowadays would be able to patch him just fine.

The man with the sonic blaster had been near her, but the other two were just out of her reach. The Trandoshan, who reacted at the moment she attacked, had drawn both his vibroswords. The man with the brass knuckles was paralyzed; he didn't know how to respond to the sudden backstab the female Padawan just executed.

Sakadi had been channeling the Force since Vash his first slash at the Zabrak. Now felt like a good time to release it. She made a pushing motion forwards with both her hands, aimed at the Trandoshan. Despite having channeled the Force for a while now, her telekinetic attack did not pack the punch she hoped it would have had. The response of the Trandoshan was quick; smashing both his vibroswords down into the ground to stay put. Her attack wouldn't even move him an inch. She had always been bad at the telekinetic field of the Force, but this attempt truly took the cake for her.

As she recovered, the Trandoshan chuckled. Issss that all you've got? I've killed your kind before, Jedi". With that, he brought his swords up, ready to engage her in battle.

16. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    It was, in a way, liberating to run around in broad daylight with an ignited lightsaber and a bunch of people screaming. Especially since Vash was technically in the right- all he'd done was defend himself. Sure, part of him still wanted to punch the Zabrak, but he was mostly out of those kinds of feelings. Mostly, Vash was calm, though he partially was also quite... agitated and a little aggressive: he knew full well he'd probably have to engage in more violence before the day was done, not to mention the fact he had two girls to chase... and not in the fun way.

As he left the bistro, he saw the three rowdy gentlemen from earlier make a run to the right... the exact same place where Vash sensed Sakadi's prescence. Not good, he thought. And then something strange happened.

The three stopped dead on their tracks, turned tail and ran the other way, ignoring Vash and his glowy weapon. Oooh, really not good!, he thought, deciding to pick the pace. That's when appeared the ugliest Rodian this side of the galaxy: half his face was burnt off, and he was missing an ear. To compensate, the alien carried a really nice looking blaster... and he even had a friend: a human female, who seemed to favor a pretty gigantic vibrosword, given the size of the piece of metal she was carrying on her back... though she also had a blaster, which, incidentally, was pointed right at Vash, and the ugly Rodian had just done the same thing with his weapon.

"Wotcher doin' 'ere, Jedi, hmm? Wot 'appened in there?", she asked, nodding towards the bistro. Both her and the Rodian were giving Vash some really dirty looks. There wasn't time to play nice and make excuses, or mess with their minds, though: he had to get to Sakadi.

"Aah, I'd love to make up some really dumb excuse that you wouldn't believe, but not in the mood- places to go and people to see, you know? Stand aside," he said, holding his silver weapon in a Jedi ready stance.

And they kriffing laughed. First the Rodian, then the human, both began laughing. That was just disrespectful!

"Yor funeral," she said with a little smirk, then her blaster flew from her hand directly to the Rodian's face, who fell to the ground after letting out a muffled grunt. Vash had thankfully acted quickly, and made a motion with his hand to teleknetically hurl the object towards one of his foes. It was also nice that such a simple manuever didn't require a lot of power, or he'd be screwed.

"Oh, right, yer sneaky wee bastard! Blimey!", she exclaimed, taking out the massive weapon from her back and bringing it close to her body defensively as she moved closer to Vash, giving him a confident grin.

Meanwhile, the Trandoshan was also grinning, and sought to use a combination of speed and strength to bring Sakadi down. He rushed ahead.. towards his own fellow gang member, and threw him with one hand at the girl, while rushing ahead after the Sephi, hoping to hit her with two overhead strikes, one from each of his blades while she was too busy with his brass knuckle friend.

17. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

Yeah, no way she was falling for that. She faintly heard some swearing in the background as brass-knuckle guy attacked her. He made a quick jab, which resulted in a quick loss of an arm. The man was slower than a blaster bolt, which she happened to have been deflecting all morning. Sakadi had already figured out that brass-knuckle guy was just a distraction though. There was no way her new opponent would allow her room to breathe after exclaiming he had killed Jedi before. She had severed an arm with a diagonal upward slash from left to right, now keeping the tip of her blade between her and the Trandoshan. While she heavily preferred Ataru, her Makashi wasn't too shabby either. Plus, her telekinetic push had not drained her of all her power yet. Channeling the remainders of her Force enhancement to her core and arms, Sakadi felt invigorated. The overhead strikes came in like a truck, slamming down on her waiting lightsaber. With an elegant turn of her wrist, Sakadi directed his force to her right. Her saber was still between her and the Trandoshan, meaning it was her turn to take the offense. Sakadi stepped forward with her right leg, thrusting her saber forward. She aimed at his right shoulder and there was little the Trandoshan could do about it. Her saber was already past his defense. The sissing sound of a lightsaber melting flesh could be heard, as her saber made a superficial wound on his right shoulder. It forced the Trandoshan to drop the weapon held in his right hand. As he growled in pain, the sword in his left hand moved horizontally towards her.

Was that all the Trandoshan had to offer? she thought, as she quickly jumped out of reach. Sakadi was fast, the Trandoshan was slow. He compensated for it by overwhelming strength, but she had crippled that compensation. What was left did not pose much of a threat for the agile Sephi. Atleast, that would've been the case if she had minded her surroundings. Sakadi felt a man panting in her neck, but it was too late before she could react. In a moment's notice, two strong arms had embraced her from behind.

"Seems like we got ya now anyway eh little missy?" one of the men next to her triumphantly cried out. She turned her head a bit to look at her current situation. The three men she thought Vash would take care of, had snuck up behind her while she dealt with the Trandoshan. To be fair, it was her own fault for being too focused on her quick duel with the Trandoshan. One of the three gentlemen had her in a tight grip, another had grabbed the arm of the Twi'lek and the third was triumphantly grinning at her. She watched as the Trandoshan recovered, with no mercy left in his dumb-looking eyes. She truly was in trouble now.

18. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Gonna split yor belly like an ole cow's purse!", the woman exclaimed, making a probing thrust at Vash's torso. Instead of deflecting, however, he took a step back, and waited, keeping a cool head. Gotta be fast, can't waste time, but can't use too much energy either. What an impasse.

She came at him harder now, making an overhead swing aimed towards his right shoulder, which he just barely sidestepped and moved further to the left, gaining distance between himself and her. The Echani had to hand it to the woman, her form was downright flawless: she was careful not to expose herself when swinging her large, curved blade, but at the same time, there was a lot of force behind the attacks. She'd have been a great Djem So specialist, if she knew how to use the Force.

And up she came again, making a thrust towards Vash's right leg. Pretty smart move: he had increased the distance, so a thrust meant she only had to connect the tip with the Echani's flesh, rather than walk all the way to where he was and potentially give him time to get even more space. Except Vash was expecting her to do that.

In a fair fight, she'd probably have beaten him. She was way more experienced, and, admittedly, stronger. An absolute unit, some would say. But he had the Force, and that meant he could just redirect the blade harmlessly to the side without even touching it... and since the tip of the criminal's blade was so far from her body, she wouldn't be able to redirect it in time to defend herself. Especially since Vash was already on the move, easily closing the gap between them with a Force assisted burst of speed. The tip of his weapon did not miss the mark, and it sank deep into the woman's left shoulder.

She screamed in pain, and fell to the ground, dropping her weapon. As he smelled her burnt flesh, Vash realized this was the first time he'd used his lightsaber to touch the skin of another and cause them pain. It wasn't all that great a feeling... but there wasn't time to waste on soul searching, he had a job to do.

So he ran, but not before kicking the ugly Rodian in the face with a Force assited kick: the sly devil was about to get up and grab his pretty blaster once more. That'll put you to sleep, he thought, as he moved further down the dim street... and met with Sakadi, the Twi'lek girl, his three acquaintances from earlier, an angry Trandoshan and two people in dire need of a trip to the hospital. Almost a bloody party. Pretty literally.

Right. Think. Priorities. Save Sakadi, free the Twi'lek, kick some ass, save the day. In that order.

"Oooh, the feisty fellow from the bistro!", one of the men exclaimed, the one holding the Twi'lek "He did one of yer boys in pretty good, Brask," he continued, looking at the Trandoshan. "Ya need new members in your crew- let me and the boys join you!" It was almost pathetic the way he had invited himself and his friends to join the gang, but in these parts, it was probably a good idea to get some partners in crime. He could have groveled a bit less, though.

Brask didn't seem to hear much past the part where a new threat had appeared. As he turned to meet the Echani, Vash realized there was a burn mark on his right shoulder. That was going to make things easier. But, first thing on the to-do list was to rescue Sakadi, not start fighting.

"I'd back off if I were you, buddy," he began, with his left hand outstretched in a "halt" gesture. His blade stood back a bit, with the tip facing the Trandoshan. Essentially, the Soresu stance. "I've got you right where I want you"

Of course, the big lizard scoffed at that, and the three men laughed out loud. They were feeling pretty smug. That'd make things a lot easier.

"I'm going to Force stun the guy holding you- feel free to help me," he told Sakadi telepathically. It was a little harder than normal, since Vash was avoiding her gaze. Didn't want any of the men to think something was wrong. "Then you push the Twi'lek out of the way and we kick some ass. Not bad for a first date, eh?", he added jokingly.

Then he began to focus on the man holding the Sephi. His mental defenses were down. And why should it be any different? He was among friends, and obviously didn't feel threatened at all. Vash, using his outstretched hand to guide his power, couldn't really blame him. The poor man had no idea what Jedi were capable of, and he was way too entertained to notice Vash slowly probing his mind.

This was his specialty. To probe the minds of others and affect them. And this guy had left the doors to his thoughts and feelings right open. Vash simply walked in, and clouded the man's senses, softly. He wanted to smirk when he saw the criminal's arms and legs begin to wobble, but controlled himself.

It was working, and it was working fast... in fact, this was being done in record time: the other two were still laughing, and the big bad lizard still speaking of the many uses he'd make out of Vash's entrails, when the man holding Sakadi fell to the floor, completely subdued as his arms and legs failed him.

Now he let himself smirk. Things were finally starting to go according to plan.

19. Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Powerfullhorus
    Character Profile:
    Link

She knew Vash arrived the moment her captors started talking. Again. They were quite the talkative bunch, that she had to admit. The telepathic message drummed through her already tired mind. She cursed her ally for being sly enough to make a date joke, at the moment she was too tired to answer his telepathic messages. I swear, if my stamina still doesn't increase after today, it's a lot cause, she thought as she forced her energy-drained body to prepare for the next battle. All morning had she practiced, against Seeker droids, sparring partners and now against a gang. Yeah, this was an exercise she was not likely going to forget anytime soon.

She felt the grip of her captor weaken, which was enough for her to re-enter the streetfight. She smashed her elbow in his abdomen as he fell, freeing herself in the process. Her saber instantly sprang to life in her hand, as the blue fire arched in the direction of the man holding the Twi'lek. Sakadi heavily favored Cho mai moves today, as her saber cut clean through the arm which tightly held the young Twi'lek's wrist. Yeah, she really was having none of it today. She brought her saber up again, just in time to parry an incoming slash of the Trandoshan his vibrosword. She moved back, left feet behind her right, as she fell back on her Makashi to deal with the Trandoshan. His overconfidence was gone now, and she noticed how his bladework had become more tight and efficient, like hers. Was he a failed padawan perhaps? She couldn't help but let the thought cross her mind.

Sakadi had no time to deal with the man recovering from the force stun, or the one who was still standing. The next attacks hammered down upon her. She blocked high, parried low, sidestepped the lunge and barely managed to pull of a riposte, which the Trandoshan parried with remarkable efficiency. Someone or something had trained him. That had to be the explanation. Sakadi moved back even further as the Trandoshan advanced. There was no way that the Trandoshan was going to bypass her defenses, but the pressure was overwhelmingly high. He was highly capable, even with his right shoulder out of commission. Sakadi couldn''t help but notice an ugly Rodian coming their way. He got up faster than she and Vash had anticipated. What kind of diehard criminals had they stumbled upon?

20. Vash Tembra

Vash Tembra Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    Larry Kenobi
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Whoa, ok, Vash thought, not for the first time today. Sakadi had a preference for cutting off limbs that was a bit unsettling, but he couldn't argue with the results. The criminal had dropped the Twi'lek, if only because he had no more arm to begin with. The poor girl was at her wit's end, and cried out in shock as the arm that once held her fell to the ground, landing on her feet. Screaming, she kicked the limb away, and went to sit on a corner, closing her eyes and hugging her legs.

It was a pretty sad sight, but Vash had no time to waste. Sakadi wanted to take on the big guy, which was fine, but there were still two others to take care of. The one on the ground wasn't a big deal yet, but the gangster who'd just taken out his blaster, yeah, that was a problem.

Since Brask was going against Sakadi, the obvious target for the blaster was Vash, who he aimed towards. He was being visibly hesitant, however, and a moment later, the Echani understood why: the man had seen what had happened to the Zabrak when he tried to hit Vash, and it had not been a pretty sight.

So he shot him three times in quick succession, all the while darting away to not be hit. Pretty smart, but his aim was wobbly. One shot didn't even hit Vash, the second came to his torso, which he reflected by keepig the blade close to his body, with its tip facing the floor. He was careful to put his silver blade in such an angle that the shot coming to his left leg would also be reflected. Two birds with one stone.

Then he ran after the criminal, who yelped. What a disgrace. He was still mindful enough to try a final shot, though, but Vash deflected that, too. This time, however, he made sure to guide the bolt directly to his assailant's left thigh, very close to his crotch. One down, one to go, he thought, as he turned to face the other criminal. One down, two to go, he corrected himself.

His good friend, the ugly Rodian, had come to join the party. And he even brought his pretty blaster! The stunned man was thankfully still recovering, though, so for now it was just him and the Rodian.

Who didn't waste one second in firing at Vash, three times, in three different places. His quickness and precision was astonishing, and he was also careful to move out of the way, but in a much calmer and more deliberate manner than Vash's previous foe. There was no way he'd be able to deflect all the shots, so he simply rolled to the side, letting them go by his left harmlessly.

The Rodian's response was immediate. He pulled a second blaster, and began shooting to cover a large area, essentially making a barrage of fire for evasion to be much more difficult. Vash was glad he'd rolled away from the street they were in to an alley. That way the shots wouldn't bother Sakadi, the Twi'lek, or any other people who might be nearby.

Of course, that also meant he was dealing with a highly trained criminal in a closed space. And he was getting tired. This had to be handled quick, and energy conservation was kind of out the window now. If he wasn't decisive, he'd be dead.

Letting himself be swept up by the Force, Vash took a step to the right, where the bolts coming were a little less volumous. Shooting so much was effective, but it also meant the Rodian had stayed more time out of cover to deliver such a barrage. So now, Vash parried the first shot, going towards his head, then crouched to deal with the second, to his right leg. And since he'd crouched, there he had to go to protect the head again.

All those reflected shots flew towards the Rodian while he ran to seek cover. The first one almost hit him, the second forced him to stop running else he'd get it right in the face, and the third would have hit him right in the gut. If he hadn't kriffing backflipped!

Now that's just unfair, Vash thought, as the ugly son of a gun laughed at him, giving one final shot before running back to retreat. He was able to deflect the shot easily, but it was more of a warning shot. The implication of the Rodian running away after laughing was obvious: come and get me if you can. And he really had no choice, not if he wanted to prevent Rodian and Friend to shoot Sakadi in the back.

Speaking of the friend, Vash briefly reached out with the Force and reapplied a dosage of stun. Now that he had already penetrated his defenses, this was almost child's play. He wouldn't allow either the Rodian or the Trandoshan to have an ally.

Time to finish this, he thought, as he ran towards the ugly alien.