Open  Jedha Among The Pages

Discussion in 'Expansion Region and Mid Rim' started by Samaria Bell, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Samaria Bell

Samaria Bell Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Samaria walked along the bookshelves in the library of the Jedi temple here on Jedha. She had literally just become a Jedi knight and as such was now able to mingle with the other Jedi, her brother in law deciding that it would be good for her to go out and meet some new people. So that's what she was going to do.

She wasn't sure who she would meet, or how she would even meet them. While she was very friendly and appriachable, she wasn't very good with introducing herself to a stranger and just striking up a conversation. Just the thought of it made her a bit more anxious. Still she would try her best to do just that if she had to.

She was wearing her usual white shihaksho that she did when walking around the temple. She was barefoot as well, as she had just gotten done walking through the small patch of woods on the other side of the temple. She deeply enjoyed the way the grass felt on here bare feet and something about it made her feel more connected to the planet she was on. Like having contact with the surface of the planet made her feel alive and more attuned to the living force. Her sisters lightsaber was neatly tucked inside in robes and she fiddled with it for a moment before sticking it back through her collar, wishing she didn't have to carry it all the time. The reality was that they always had to worry nowadays because of the Sith. She didn't dwell on that though, as she rounded a corner and saw some other Jedi in the library, the negative thoughts quickly were fleeting.

She walked with grace and poise and stopped next to a older man speaking with some other Jedi. He had a bushy beard and was easily half a meter taller than herself. She had to bend her head almost fully back to look up at him. She figured this was as good a place to start as any and hopefully they were all nicer Jedi, not like those other ones that got whispered about in the shadows of the temple. Well hello there. I'm, uh...she paused as her anxiety only really kicked in now that she had started talking. I'm Samaria. I'm kinda new. Can you help show me around? She said sheepishly to the group, pulling her head back down and into her shoulders even as she was speaking. She nervously pulled on one of her loose strands of hair beside her face and rested her elbow on her hand folded across her chest.

@One For Sorrow

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane had just finished showing some Jedi where the books they were looking for could be found, why any Jedi needed to read about Dug mating rituals was beyond him but it wasnt his job to question such things. As the group thanked him and walked off a young woman walked up to him and spoke.

Well hello there, I'm uh.... the girl paused as her confidence seemed to leave her. You're "uh" are you? he thought to himself as she fumbled with her introduction, I'm Samaria. she finished her name before asking him if he could show her around.

The old Sentinel chuckled slightly at the girls flustered introduction before answering her. "I am Kane, pleased to meet you Samaria." he said warmly. "I would be glad to help, are you looking for anything in particular?" he asked. He was getting up there in age and had been living in this temple ever since he was five years old, so he knew every inch of the place like the back of his hand.

anzat17 likes this.
  3. Samaria Bell

Samaria Bell Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Samaria looked up at the man as he answered her question rather pleasantly. She had had little interaction with other Jedi since she was trained to use the force by her sister and brother in law and wasn't sure how they would respond. So obviously she was quite happy when the older gentleman agreed to showing her around so promptly.

Nice to meet you Kane. She said before her eyes fell back to the floor. While he was warm and pleasant, his rough appearance made her wonder what sort of a Jedi he was. If he was one of the ones who had fought against the exiles before they became the Sith. He certainly looks the part she thought to herself.

No, nothing in particular. Nii-sama just thought it would be a good idea for me to meet new people and..she trailed off again. She wasn't sure how she wanted to say what she wanted to say. She wanted to say that she was the one that wanted to meet new people but she had only done so after her brother in law said he thought it would be ok. She was very respectful of his wishes and always did her best to fulfill them as well. While he stayed cold and detached from her, she was longing for his approval.

And I thought it was a good idea too. She said with a warm smile now on her face and looked up at Kane with big sparkling eyes. I'm happy you were the one that I spoke to first. I was scared I would walk up to one of the shadows and get the cold shoulder. She told him, now admitting to both him and herself how much the idea had actually scared her of talking to one of the shadows.

Maybe you could suggest something? I'm not very familiar with the temple, besides the outer hall where myself and nii-sama train.

4. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian walked into the library on a search for his Master Kane. The Ysanna had just finished training and now was supposed to report back to his Master for further instructions.
    As he entered he saw Kane speaking to another Jedi. Politely he stood off to the side as to not interrupt, and waited for his Master to acknowledge him. He had learned patience so he knew Kane would address him when it was appropriate.
    As he stood there he couldn't help looking at the girl. She was pretty, nice eyes... and looked about his age, and as Tynian noticed she was quite dainty. It didn't matter to him in any way, since he'd seen many different sized Jedi do some extraordinary things. He was sure this one had more than a few tricks up her sleeve, as they all did. Never judge a person by what they look like he remembered Kane telling him once. Good advice indeed he thought as he waited...

anzat17 likes this.
  5. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Yes, the Shadows make me nervous as well." Kane admitted with a chuckle. "There are some nice courtyards around, training rooms. This large main library and -a little known secret- secondary smaller library...well...library may not be the best term. Really it's just a bunch of books I stashed into an unused broom closet during my time as an apprentice." as he finished this little tidbit he looked over at Tynian- who he had noticed approach- and wagged a finger, adding "Don't you get any ideas." in a playfully stern voice.

"Tynian this is Samaria." he said gesturing to the girl, "Samaria, meet Tynian. My apprentice." he added. He was always a little stiff when making introductions but lately his social skills were getting to be on par with the other Jedi. "I am going to give our new friend here a tour of the temple if you care to join us." he said to Tynian, adding "As long as you do not mind of course Samaria." more out of politeness than anything. Tynian was his apprentice after all and if the boy woshed to join his master he could darn well do so freely in the old Sentinel's mind.

Then a thought occurred to him, a way to both show Samaria around AND test his apprentice. "Actually I have an idea. Tynian, why don't you give the tour? You have been here quite some time now and I think it would be a lovely test of your memory skills." he announced with a chuckle, he did love putting his apprentice on the spot after all. It was one of his favourite teaching methods.

anzat17 likes this.
  6. Samaria Bell

Samaria Bell Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Samaria smiled as the older Jedi spoke, looking up at him bright eyed and full of anticipation. She didn't know what it was but there was something about him that made her feel safe. Like she could trust him. She giggled at his jokes and felt like he was really an amazingly considerate Jedi.

When he introduced his apprentice she was happy to see he was around her age. She didn't get to take normal classes with the other Jedi like him probably, as her brother in law often made sure he alone trained her. While it was alright at the time, now that she was older, she wanted to meet others. Especially those her own age.

Hi Tynian. I guess youre giving me the tour now. She said smiling brigjtly at him. Her anxiety was slowly being ebbed away by the kind hearted jedi and his young apprentice. She looked at them both and sighed. She had a feeling that this was gping to be the start of an amazing friendship.

I'm curious to see how many books you could have stuffed inside a broom closet. She said teasingly to the older Jedi as she took her place behind the two male Jedi and let them show her the way.

7. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian looked at Kane. "Me?" he asked. "You want me to give the tour?" It wasn't that he didn't know his way around the Temple, it was just that he had never really given a tour before and really didn't know where to start. His mind raced even at the thought of having to talk to the girl for more than a sentence or two... He had been training for quite a while with Kane, but rarely had any interaction with other students, let alone girls students.
    He looked at her, then back at his master and took a deep breath.
    "You will have to help me out master." He motioned to the room they were already standing in. "Well, this is the library..." Great start he thought. Show her something she has already seen...duh.
    He shook his head and lead them out of the room and to the outside...to start the tour somewhere else would be better... much better.

He led them around the Temple grounds showing her all his favorite places to train and other places to think. As they were about half-way though he suddenly smiled,
    "There's a really nice fountain on the east side that is nice for reflecting and meditating. Would you like to see it?" he asked Samaria.

8. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane chuckled as Tynian half-panicked at being the one to give the girl a tour, he had seen the look on his apprentice's face as the boy had first seen Samaria. "I will step in as needed, but you have the reins my boy." he said.

Turning to Samaria he answered her statement next, "I'd tell you, but you would not believe me. But I will show you, after Tynian is done showing you around." he said with a wink.

9. Samaria Bell

Samaria Bell Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Samaria walked behind the two other Jedi as they conversed. She could tell that they had a close bond and were practically like father and son as they showed her the rest of the temple. She had to laugh when the younger one pointed out that they were in the library. She had a feeling that he was nervous with his task of showing her around and it made her feel both happy and somewhat shy that they would go through such trouble for her.

I love how pretty the fountains are here actually. That sounds perfect. She said with a pleasant smile to the one called Tynian before turning to the older Jedi and missing at him.

Please do master. Although, if you put them in there when you were a padawan, they might have quite the layer of dust on them. She teased the older Jedi, given the fact that almost half a century separates the two in age, she felt like he must be practically a part of the temple at this point. She gave a quick and gentle punch to his arm as she tried to continue to be as jovial as possible. It wasn't easy for her to come out of her shell, but the charismatic master and his equally hard of gold apprentice were slowly winning her over with every step they took.

10. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian led them to the east wing where a beautiful fountain had been built. It was placed in the center of a large flower garden.
    The fountain itself had white marbled stone all around it with a white marbled wall shaped into a circle to hold the water.
    In the center of the fountain was a statue of a krayt dragon with its head lifted high. The crystal clear water sprayed upwards out of the statues stone mouth and cascaded down into the circular pool below.

As they approached the fountain Tynian got real quiet and just stared at the water. “Despite it’s mostly dry climate, my home planet had large rivers and very beautiful waterfalls...
    He said with a smile. “This reminds me of home I suppose.”
    He smiled again as he snapped out of the melancholy moment and asked Samaria, “So where are you from?”

11. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane chuckled at Samaria's joke, it was true too. It had been a long time since he had been a padawan, so long in fact that they actually HAD the rank of padawan at the time. "Well I do OCCASIONALLY go dust them off. I keep meaning to take them back to the library but I have just never gotten around to it." he said.

The old Sentinel watched happily as Tynian spoke, and was even more happy to see how well the two young budding Jedi were getting along. Being an old man he had worried about Tynian having someone to keep his feet on the ground once he was gone. This girl seemed to be the type to do that, Kane was a little worried that if Tynian were to get close to the girl he would fall for her and get hurt. That was more because of his own experience with love during hisntime on the front lines however. Things were different now, and Tynian never made any indication that he wanted to be in the thick of the fighting.

12. Samaria Bell

Samaria Bell Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Samaria followed the two Jedi on the tour for awhile before they finally made it to the fountains. She liked the fountains as well here, though they didn't remind her of home at all. If anything it reminded her of being with her sister and brother in law, as they were the only ones she had previously spent time with while here. She thought for a moment about answering the boys question, but decided not to, she really didn't want to get into that whole story today.

It's not really important I guess. She said meekly to tynian. She hoped she didn't offend him, it was just that, she wasn't good with talking about herself and would much rather keep the conversation focused on the two of them. She just felt more comfortable that way.

Nii-sama always enjoys walking through the gardens this time of year. Maybe we can go there too? He'll most likely be under one of the cherry blossom trees. Would you mind if we go look? She asked the older Jedi. There was probably the chance that he would know him as well, as they were both jedi. She smiled nervously as she waited for his reply.

13. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian nodded. “We could go find him if you’d like.”

As they left the fountain, his thoughts went to home and briefly about his own family... He took a breath and then fell in behind Kane and Samaria as they walked toward the orchard.
    “So how long have you been at the Temple?” He was never good with small talk, but he felt he had to keep the conversation going for some weird reason.

14. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane smiled as his apprentice talked to Samaria, he was enjoying watching the two interact. Tynian's awkwardness reminded the old Jedi of himself at that age.

"Absolutely, I would like to meet this fellow." he was curious. Partially because he wanted to know if the girls shyness, and sudden reluctance to talk about herself, was the result of mistreatment. Brother in law or not there was a certain way apprentices should be treated and if this man was being in any way abusive to his apprentice Kane would have words with him.

15. Samaria Bell

Samaria Bell Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Anzat17
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Samaria smiled at Tynian as he seemed to have no objection to the idea. She admittedly wasn't being very outgoing to the young Jedi but she couldn't help it really. His master also agreed to it, although for some reason, she got the feeling he was wanting to for a different reason. What it was she wasn't sure yet, but she had a feeling she wasn't going to find out any time soon.

When the other Jedi asked how long she had been at the temple she was not sure how to answer. Technically she had only been there about three years, but really she had been confined to the private residence of the estate of her married into family. She wasn't usually seen anywhere near the actual temple for quite a long time, so long, she really had forgotten what the interior of it looked like. She could see the exterior of it fine from her window in her room, but she longed to see the inside again. That was another reason she had wanted to go out today.

Well, not that long really. I mean... uh.. nevermind.

As they made it through the garden she saw her brother in law standing off under one of the cherry blossom trees. His silk scarf blew behind him and he was wearing a similar shihaksho to hers. Although where hers was only white, his was black and white, with a large white kimono being worn over the other robe. She smiled shyly at him and waved trying to get his attention, and while she had a feeling he had probably sensed her coming already, he wasn't making any effort to acknowledge her. Instead he stood there with his eyes closed, and awaited his sister in law and her new found friends.

That's Nii-sama over there. She said, pointing to him before walking up to him giving him a hug, although all he did in return was gently put his hands on her shoulders before slightly pushing her away. She tried to smile through it as best she coukd, but it faded rarely quickly and she just stepped back and clasped her hands together in front of her and rocked back and forth somewhat nervously, not wanting to speak anymore after being shunned like that by her brother in law. In front of her new friends no less. She felt a slight twinge of anger, but let it go quickly and again did her best to smile. She'd let them handle their own introductions though, she was far too much drawn into herself now to any further conversation out of her for a good minute or so.

16. Kane

Kane Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    One_For_Sorrow
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Kane's left eye twitched slightly as he watched Samaria's brother in law push her away, that slight physical interaction being the only acknowledgement he gave her really irked the old Jedi. That coupled with how the girl reacted to personal questions merely reinforced Kane's theory that the man was at least emotionally abusive, and neglectful. A neglectful master stunted the growth if one of the next generation of Jedi, and to Kane that was one of the most fundamentally wrong things possible.

"Hello there, I am Kane." he said coolly, pointedly not offering a handshake.

anzat17 likes this.
  17. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 1

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian stood back as his master introduced himself to Samaria's master. He knew better than to interject so he kept quiet as well.
    His own thoughts of how Kane had treated him as an apprentice.
    Kane was kind, encouraging and treated Tynian with respect. He was more of a father figure to him than his own paternal father back home on Ossus.
    Kane didn't make him feel inferior when he messed up, he gently corrected him and continued to teach him. Tynian didn't understand why someone would even want to treat another person like that. It was almost... inhumane in his mind.

As he stood there he decided that if Samaria ever need a friend, that he would be that friend. He would treat her with the respect she deserved. As the thoughts ran through his head he gave a quick smile to somehow let her know that everything was going to be ok.
    He had no idea how she would take said smile, but he gave one nonetheless.