1. The timeline Fires of Rebellion is ending December 14, 2019, followed by three weeks of an epilogue period for stories to conclude. The new timeline will launch on January 4, 2020.

Weapon Aggressor Series XC7 Carbine

Discussion in 'Unapproved Technology' started by Faded, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Faded

Faded Veteran Member

[​IMG]

XC7 Carbine Blaster

AFFILIATION
    Open Market

MANUFACTURER
    Assault Combat Machines

SIZE
    0.4 meters

WEIGHT
    0.5 kg

COMPOSITION
    Durasteel / Chromium
    WEAPON TYPE
    Blaster

DAMAGE TYPE
    Medium

AMMUNITION CAPACITY

FIRE SELECTOR
    Semi Automatic

MAX RANGE
    75 meters

DESCRIPTION
    To augment their Aggressor series with more diversity, the XC line has been launched, being a first to introduce more sub-compact carbine blasters into arsenals. The XC7 is considerably smaller than your standard carbine rifle and can be efficiently wielded with a single hand, allowing for dual-wield capabilities. Obviously, the shortcoming being that the smaller frame could not stabilize for longer ranges, thus with a reduced range of 75 meters compared to other carbine weapons. The XC7 is a natural choice for certain Imperial agents and officers who prefer to be closer to the heart of battle, allowing the weapon to be utilized seamlessly in an otherwise deadly arsenal and method of combat.

LEGALITY
    Illegal for civilian usage.

INTENT
    I wanted a dual wieldable carbine blaster and none of the currently made technology had something of this type; not to mention I preferred the cosmetics of this weapon. This is a re-skin of the Gladius Blaster Rifle, I decreased the range to fit with the smaller size as I wanted a dual wieldable SMG variant.

ADVANCED TECH
    No

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    AutoFox likes this.
  2. AutoFox

AutoFox Tech Mod/Tech Archiver Tech Moderator

Can you please use an image that better matches the Star Wars aesthetic? This is very plainly a real-life weapon, and even more plainly something that fires bullets.

Also, is this a reskin of something else? If so, please link it in the Intent section. If it is not based on approved tech, it will be archived.

3. Faded

Faded Veteran Member

Requested changes made. @AutoFox

4. Darasaurus

Darasaurus Skilled-Scrub/Plotting Mod Plot Moderator

@Faded same for this one as the gladius and LRA. you might want to have a look at any other previous gen tech subs you've made since this looks to be like a running trend and newer members are just making reskins of your reskins to only find out that your reskins aren't abiding by the gentech rules.

5. Faded

Faded Veteran Member

LOL, sorry. But the statement "making reskins of your reskins " made me laugh.

All right, but this one is different since I did decrease the range. I wanted to make this a more compact, SMG type variant. Can we have Autofox or Loco chime in on this?

6. Darasaurus

Then it's not a reskin. It is its own weapon then. It should be put in un-approved tech. Report it and ask it to be transfered to un-approved tech.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix PvP Arbiter RP Administrator

This weapon has been moved to unapproved tech. This has rifle stats but can be dual-wielded. This isn't a reskin if it doesn't have the same stats and has a completely different function

8. AutoFox

I'm not sure how I missed it before, but I will confirm, this weapon violates the conditions of "Generic" tech. It must be altered to match its supposed basis, or must be extensively reworked.

If you wish to keep the specs as they are, this weapon would HAVE to become Advanced, worth at least 3 threads. Dual wielding the equivalent of rifles is not balanced.

Darasaurus likes this.
  9. Faded

Faded Veteran Member

I don’t have an issue making it Advanced, but may I ask why you think it is unbalanced? I mean dual wielding these doesn’t seem any more of an advantage than two Quickdraws. Is it just the range issue in which case this only has 25m more range than a generic pistol?

10. Darasaurus

Rifles are traditionally also more accurate than pistols too.

11. AutoFox

25 meters extra is also a REALLY long way.