Ask A Rare Peaceful Encounter

Discussion in 'Expansion Region and Mid Rim' started by Tobian Solaris, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Walking through the crowded cobblestone street lined with shops, cantinas and other sorts of buildings. The small town was surrounded by tall trees, a couple of creeks that fed into a nearby river. The faint roar of a waterfall can be heard above the chattering people, making the man wonder what it will be like when day turns to night and the small town goes to sleep. Tobian reminded himself that he does not need to walk at such a fast pace, there is no one here who will see a bright target on his back. Reason being that the government of Belasco is not owned by The Empire, The Republic nor the Hutt Cartel. Rumor was that the government even has a ban on weapons, true or not it was enough reason to leave his pistol and other weapons back at the base he is stationed at. But to keep the suspicion of others away from him and to stop others from staring at him Tobian forced himself to slow his pace and steady his breathing.

He had a small right to be a bit tense. He is closer to his home planet of Kuat, where he killed his father years ago and had no idea if anyone is still looking for him. And if that was not enough reason, being an imperial so close to the Republic border was another reason. Reminding himself once again to calm down the young man stopped at a cantina.

Peeking into the building through the open doorway, he saw that it was not as busy as it could be. The environment relaxed with some excitement in one corner where some humans and other beings were deep in some sort of gambling game of theirs. Stepping to the side so he was not blocking the doorway as Tobian debated on going in or not, "I guess a little bit of something will not hurt." He admitted thinking that perhaps a little will break the tension Tobian was feeling. His mother had been complaining nonstop about him not taking a break if he was not at base or off bounty hunting with his friend, Tobian was at home taking care of his mother and three sisters. In other words he is always working; rarely stopping for rest. This pushed his mother to nag him until Tobian gave into taking a break. He had no idea that this small break will become very interesting.

@Nastalle

2. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian had left his lightsaber in the shuttle upon landing. The local laws forbade carrying weapons of any kind, and he didn’t want to cause any problems with the locals so he honored their requests.

He had come to the planet for the sole purpose of getting a meal. The rumor was that there was an establishment in the town that was well known for nerf short ribs. And since Tynian had a bit of time between missions, he thought he’d give the place a try.
    As he walked through the streets of the small town, he still wore his armor, but kept the deep blue cloak around him, as to not draw attention to himself.

When he entered the restaurant the host took him to a single table in the left corner. After sitting down he scanned the crowd and felt a strange presence nearby...

A young man had just walked in and was looking a bit nervous. The force tingled in the back of his mind indicating something was different about the man... Then Tynian realized... he was an exile.
    The Jedi picked up the menu and looked like he was reading it, but still kept his eyes on the exile.

3. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    After finally convincing himself to go inside, Tobian was immediately lead to a table by a hostess. The exile sat down at the table that was right in front of the jedi. Though the young man couldn't tell that he was nor sense since he is not force sensitive.

Tobian glanced at the other young man for a second as he looked back to the hostess. Asking for a glass of water he watched the young woman walk away. The dark haired exile straightened himself as he looked at the menu. Tobian is not here to cause trouble, he just wanted to take a small break as his mother instructed. In all honest the young man liked the idea of taking a break.

Glancing through the menu he could not push away the feeling he was being watched. Putting down his menu Tobian looked around, no one was looking at him behind or next to him. Perhaps it is just his nerve playing tricks. Picking up his small glass of water he couldn't help glancing over to the young man sitting right across from him with a cocked eyebrow as he once again picked up his menu. The bbq miniature nuna legs do sound amazing. Having decided what to get Tobian leaned back in his seat as he relaxed, sipping away at his drink, the exile watched the hostess place a small glass of some sort of alcohol. The imperial nodded with a small smile when he was told this one glass is on the house, "Thank you ma'am." Tobian then told the cute hostess what he would like to order. The exile watched the young lady walk away as he picked up the beverage, upon taking a sip he knew what he was given, "Corellian Whiskey. Good choice." The young man said just loud enough for Tynian to hear him, feeling a slight tingle as his nerves were almost forced to relax due to the beverage. Tobian does not drink that often so it does not take much to feel some affect although he doesn't get completely drunk. Shifting in his seat a bit as he reached into his pocket for his wallet so he can pay the hostess when she returns still having no idea that the person across from him is suspicious of him nor is an enemy. But Tobian couldn't help looking over to the young man, "Is there something on my face?" he asked when he noticed finally that the young man was looking right at him.

4. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian smiled. It wasn't everyday that he could talk to an exile without fighting them. "Not at all friend." he replied. "I'm just surprised that an exile would be on a peaceful planet such as this. Perhaps you heard of the good food as well?" He hoped to enjoy a meal, but now he hoped to have a polite conversation... and not an encounter that could possibly endanger the lives of those around them.
    He gestured to the seat across the table from him.
    "Care to join me?"

5. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tobian could not help but smile as the other young man seemed to be friendly. Well of course he is being friendly as he is smiling and neither have done or said anything to warrent a fight breaking out. And the exile was not at such a peaceful planet to cause any sort of trouble, he's not even armed, "I was just messing with you." He admitted, "What? Even an exile can use a peaceful break here and there friend. We don't just focus on violence." The young man told the jedi with a small chuckle, "Yes, I heard about this place and thought that stopping by will not be such a bad idea."

The man tilted his head in thought as he watched Tynian gesture to the seat across from him. It was not every day that a friendly conversation happens. Usually he gets chased out or a fight starts. This was a completely different encounter, and one that he won't turn down, "Thank you, I think I will." Tobian stood up, picking up his drink walked over to Tynian's table. Taking a seat across from him the young man could not help asking, "How did you know I am an exile?" He asked quietly so others did not hear him, "Are you... Some sort of psychic or.. A jedi?" Tobian hoped that the young man was not a jedi. If he is and his superiors found out.. Tobian didn't even want to imagine what would happen if it was found out he sat at a table with a jedi. But then again this is a peaceful encounter on a planet that forbids violence, and it is not like Tobian will run around bragging about it if the young man across from him is indeed a jedi.

6. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian sat back as he drank his ice water. The waitress came and he gave her his order, then looked back at the man across the table from him. "Well, to answer your question, yes I am a Jedi. But you need not fear me, I'm only here to have a good meal." He sensed the man's uneasiness and smiled again. "My name is Tynian. What's your name if I may ask?"

7. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tobian sipped his beverage as Tynian gave the waitress his order, the young man placed his drink down onto the table as he sat back in his chair, "Oh so you are a jedi. I am in the Imperial Foreign Legion." Tobian said then grinned, "Oh so you won't even start a food fight? Good to know because I am here for a good meal and relaxation. I am not here to start any fights." The foreign legion lieutenant took another small sip of the whiskey, "Pleasure to meet you Tynian. My name is Tobian." The exile felt his uneasiness melting away as the two started to talk.

8. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Despite being in the presence of a Sith, Tynian was relaxed. And without sounding like he was in an interrogation, he decided to ask a few questions of the man. "So I'm curious, to a fault actually. But what exactly do you do in the Foreign Legion?" Again he didn't have an animosity toward the man, just his curiosity bubbling to the surface. If he could learn about this man, then perhaps he could better understand the Empire as a whole.

9. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The lieutenant took a deep breath as Tynian asked him what the Foreign Legion does. He was not sure if he should answer or not. If he did there is a chance the jedi will tell others in the Jedi Order or The Republic. But then again he doesn't have to answer directly. Besides the Foreign Legion missions are far more diverse than the Defense Units and Shock Troops.

The man shifted in his seat a bit as he got comfortable, "The Foreign Legion does a whole variety of missions.. So there is no set 'job' so to speak. We could be guards, attack troops, engage in espionage.. Or a combination of jobs.. It depends on what superiors order us to do really." Tobian decided to leave it at that. The exile didn't want to go into too much detail. The young man felt that he gave enough details anyways.

10. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian nodded. He knew the man wouldn't give him actual details... in fact he would've been surprised if he had. But he still wanted to know what they actually did. So he decided to rephrase the question so Tobian wouldn't have to give any information he didn't want to give... "So, without giving details. What is your job description? I understand not wanting to give out and important information to someone like me.. So just so we can keep the conversation pleasant, just answer what you wish to."

The waitress brought their food and set each plate down in front of them both. After she left, Tynian began eating, figuring Tobian would be doing the same as they chatted.

11. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tobian tilted his head as the jedi seemed to want a bit more details than what the lieutenant had given him. Taking a sip of his drink as he ran through his head on how to answer his question without giving too much details, "Well.. Right now me and my squad has been mainly aiding in securing resources for civilians of the Empire. I will not tell you which sith lord I am assigned to though." He told Tynian, going silent as the waitress approached, setting their food down in front of them.

The lieutenant thanked the waitress, placing a generous tip in her hand. Turning back to the other young man he started digging into his plate of food, "I would like to have a pleasant conversation. I will answer your questions. But I won't be giving you all the details.. Please understand that." He said quietly.

12. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian nodded. "Of course. I apologize if my questions seemed... too forward." The ribs were as advertised... quite amazing. Tynian found himself very happy that he had come to the planet for the meal.
    "How about just pleasantries, like what's your favorite weapon or ship?" He didn't ask about family... that was too personal. And he'd be expected to answer in kind. So the Jedi went the route of just "shooting the breeze" with Tobian. That way neither of them would have to answer tough questions during the meal.

13. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tobian shook his head, "You don't need to apologize. You were just being curious. There is no harm in that." He told the other young man before taking a bite of the Nuna Legs and shook his head, "These are amazing. I may have to start coming here more often." The exile said before taking a more eager bite of his food.

"Yes that sounds like a good topic my friend." Tobian said in agreement, "So far my Aggressor Rifle is my favorite. I am afraid that my piloting skills are not the best, but the ship I have is pretty darn good. What about you?" He asked , "What is your favorite weapon or ship?" The young man finished off the one leg and quickly moved onto the next. The food here was by far better than the food back at base.

14. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian thought for a moment between bites. "Well to be honest, a lightsaber is pretty darn versatile. But it is limited in range of course. But a blaster just seems so uncivilized." he laughed at the last part. He had heard it somewhere, and felt it was a good time to quote it. "As for ships... the Nubians make real fast ones, but they lack in firepower. I'm not the best pilot either, but I'm getting better." He thought for a second. "Have you ever seen a gunboat before? Those are really cool. Tough hulls and an armament that kicks pretty much anything out there. But they are expensive."

15. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tobian laughed in response to the last bit of what the jedi said to him. That was the best thing he had heard in quite some time, "I guess blasters are not as civilized as lightsabers. I do have a vibrosword but it is very limited so I only use it when I absolutely have to." The exile listened to Tynian then nodded, "As they say practice makes perfect." He said quietly as he continued to eat, "I have heard of gunboats. But I have never been in one. I heard that they will make any man or boy wish they had one." The lieutenant chuckled a bit, "My dad came close to bringing me onto one of them big Republic ships but his commander found out and denied it.. I don't remember what kind of ship it was." Tobian shrugged, "The one thing I have always wanted to get into is one of those field tanks. If I ever get into one I doubt I will be giving it back." He said with a small laugh as he lifted the small glass to his lips and took a small sip.

16. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "Field tanks? I don't think I've ever seen one of those before." Tynian replied. He was about to ask what they were like, but he didn't want to sound like he was pressing for any information. "The Jedi have individual fighters, they are rather fun to pilot. For some reason, going fast gets my attention." He smiled and took another bite. "Speeders, swoop bikes and things like that are really fun to operate."

17. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    "I will tell you that if you get the chance to drive one. Do it. If you turn it down you will regret it." Tobian told the jedi. He is going to leave it at that as far as telling him about the field tanks. The lieutenant listened intently, "They sound fun. Mine is great but it is not that great as far as going fast or doing.. Tricks." The young man admitted as he finished off the second leg in the basket.

Tobian chuckled, "I remember the first time I got on a swoop bike. She almost had a heart attack and my dad winded up sleeping on the couch for two weeks.. And I was grounded for a month." The exile laughed as he remembered all of it and how his mother would give his father the silent treatment for three days straight.

18. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian laughed as well. Not at Tobian, but with him. “I used to get into trouble as a kid too. I think it’s all a part of growing up.”
    He was almost done with his food and felt his stomach was getting full. It was well worth it coming all this way just for a meal. And the conversation was good too.

“So where are you headed after this?” he asked as he wiped the side of his mouth with a napkin. But as soon as he asked, he realized that may have been too personal, so he apologized.
    “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked that.”

19. Tobian Solaris

Tobian Solaris Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nommie
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tobian chuckled, "Probably more due to being boys I think. My sisters haven't gotten anywhere near to how much trouble I got into growing up." The exile admitted as he finished off the last of his food. Fuller than what he is used to feeling, the dark haired man leaned back with a soft sigh. Extremely glad that he stopped by to grab a meal and the pleasant conversation he's having with Tynian.

The lieutenant shrugged then tilted his head, "It is perfectly alright. I am honestly not sure where I am going to go or do next.. I could head back to base but I could just as easily visit my family." He admitted as he used his own napkin to clean his face, "What are you planning to do after this? If you don't mind me asking." Tobian asked as he picked up his glass.

20. Tynian

Tynian Character

Jedi Order
    Level 2

Jedi Knight
    OCC Account:
    Nastalle
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Tynian smiled. He knew the question would be directed back at him and he wasn’t surprised in the least.
    “Well, I’m probably heading somewhere on a mission.” He smiled, “We Jedi tend to do that.”
    The waitress came back to clear the plates and set the “tab” down for payment. Tynian reaches over and set the credits down for both his and Tobian’s meal.
    “I got this... consider it a thanks for a good conversation.”
    He didn’t mind paying at all, and hoped that it would possibly show Tobian that the Jedi were friendly people.