Open  Coruscant A Party.. For Me?

Discussion in 'Deep Core and Core Worlds' started by Markov Aletaus, May 8, 2019.

1. Robert Abbotangelo

Robert Abbotangelo Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Imperial Overseer
    OCC Account:
    Shax
    Character Profile:
    Link
    While Bob may have initially committed to having a heart attack on the ground. That wasn't necessarily the end result of his flamboyant overacting. While he could be forgiven for this, because he is drunk, old, and lying down, but he had fallen asleep. Through a combination of disappointment that no one was paying any attention to him, because lets be honest, who doesn't pay attention to the poor old man having a heart attack. Its just rude and uncouth to do so.

So, thanks to general negligence, the surrounding group can now be treated to the loud snores of an overweight man. An old man who seemed entirely unapologetic, despite his advanced sleep. Take that, you useless bystanders.

2. Darth Parox

Darth Parox Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    vamp
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The bartender looked to Parox to see whether he should still bring his drink or if the Sith Lord was planning on moving on to shots. "You heard the lady," he said simply, and the man nodded, then whipped around grabbing glasses and bottles. Parox turned his attention back to Aadya as she responded, and his expression shifted to poorly-hidden surprise.

"Yeah—I—uhh—" He tried to cover up the surprise but failed. Finally, he smiled. "Me too." He'd set his eyes on her from the moment their ship crashed on Arkania, but had assumed it was all completely one-sided. It had been months since he'd broken it off with Eriana, and he'd moved on, though he wasn't sure if he'd made it clear enough. The insults he'd thrown at her today should have been indicative that he felt nothing but hate for the blind Crusader. Parox took one of the shots and drank it in one smooth swipe. His chest already felt warm from emotion, so he barely even felt the liquid go down. "I'm glad you did that."

He raised a second glass for the toast, then finished it off as quickly as he'd done for the other. Parox looked down to find that there was no more alcohol, so he turned around to look for the bartender. "Four more of whatever that was. Ah, hell, just bring us a bottle." The bartender nodded and headed off again, and Parox turned back around to Aadya.

"I—" He had opened his mouth to speak—and was in the process of doing so—when the Force shifted behind him, indicative of a new presence making its way over. The Emperor strolled up to them and Parox bowed. He'd known the man since he was still just Varyn Rask. Come to think of it, Varyn was a Sith Lord then, just like he was now. Much had changed in the few months since then, and Parox had not been idle. His rise had been meteoric, as predicted, and he'd changed from a pretentious Acolyte born into nobility to a hardened and sometimes blunt Sith Lord.

"Thank you, my lord." Markus had somehow found his way over just in time to be congratulated by the Emperor. The Crusader's response was a bit cheesy, but Parox said nothing of it. "Looks like we've both been successful," he remarked to Varyn. Long ago, during their first meeting, Parox—then Milo—had told him that his aspiration was to become a valuable asset to the Empire. Varyn had said he wanted to change the Empire. Both had succeeded.

He stayed next to Aadya, drawing a step or two closer to her as the Emperor approached. The man had not acknowledged her yet, but Parox supposed Varyn was here simply to congratulate Markus and him. It was rather thoughtful for a man who seemed to have no emotion, but he didn't mention it. Perhaps there was more to the Emperor than what he showed to the world. No, there definitely was. But not many had seen it, and that would likely not change anytime soon.

But that didn't mean they had to act so stiff around each other. Parox looked to the 4 shot glasses and the bottle and then to Varyn. They had originally been for him and Aadya, but it would have been rude to just drink while Varyn and Markus watched. "Does the Emperor take shots?" Parox lifted the bottle, then poured some of whatever liquid that was into each glass.

Hope you don't mind sharing your alcohol, he projected to Aadya telepathically, flashing her an apologetic glance. He'd retreated to the bar so it would just be the two of them, but now they would have to wait a little more for privacy. It would have been irritating (and he would have shown the irritation) if it wasn't the Emperor himself interrupting them.

@Logan @Phoenix

3. Varyn Rask

Varyn Rask Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Emperor
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    It appeared that the Emperor had made his point, and no one seemed keen on continuing a path that might lead to bloodshed. The Crusader continued on, opting to leave the party, and the Emperor made no attempt to stop her.

Indeed, Varyn said as Milo (@vamp) commented that they had both been successful. He could only hope such successes would continue in the coming months. It was possible the Sith were beginning to gain a stable footing again, if they still lacked the upper hand in the war with the Mandalorians. The terror attacks had decreased since more brutal methods had been rolled out, and he counted that as a plus for certain.

By all means, he said to Markov (@ByakuyaXVTogami) as he prepared to make his speech. There was no point in holding that up on his account. The show must go on and all that.

No, thank you, he said, holding up a hand to wave off any drinks. There were many reasons that Varyn seldom drank (and even less often in public), and tonight was no exception. But don't let that stop you, he said as he waved for them to continue. Despite rumors to the contrary, he wasn't here entirely to be a killjoy. Only partially.

And who might you be? I don't believe we've met before, he asked, directed at the woman (@Logan) with whom Parox seemed to be drinking. He couldn't say he recognized her, and introducing himself would have been monumentally pretentious.

4. Aadya Drast

Aadya Drast Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Logan
    Character Profile:
    Link

Aadya did her absolute best to hid her elation at Parox's response to her honesty. She was completely unsure of how the Darth may have felt about her given their peculiar circumstances, but it was good to see that her feelings were not misplaced and might even be reciprocated. It was the first step in the line of many it may take to settle her place inside of Parox's heart, but it was a journey that Aadya was more than willing to endure.

For now, though, it seemed that her schoolgirl daydreams about her and Milo's potential future would be broken by none other than the Emperor himself. Aadya was glad to see that he wasn't offended by her lack of instantaneous acknowledgement to him, she had a lot going on in her head at the moment and formality seemed to have slipped right past.

"I don't believe we have either, my Lord." Aadya said, smiling at Varyn (@Phoenix) and bowing her her head slightly in respect. "I haven't been a member of the Empire long. My name is Aadya Drast, and it is my supreme pleasure to meet you. Welcome to my home, make yourself as comfortable as you like."

Despite Milo's convincing cordiality, Aadya knew that he'd retreated to the bar area in an attempt to distance himself from most of the rest of the party - though noticeably, not to distance himself from her. With rank in the Empire came increased responsibility, so Aadya figured Parox should probably get used to having whatever plans he'd made up in his head foiled or postponed by those who would demand his attention elsewhere.

"Don't worry," She said, returning Parox's telepathy with some of her own. In a sense even just this form of communication made her feel special when it came to him, figuring that normally his mental walls would have been erected so highly and so strong that no message would have a hope of getting inside if Parox didn't want it to. "There'll be plenty of private time after the party is over. You can just stay here with me."

There were probably more subtle ways for her to ask Milo to stay in her bed, but Aadya didn't feel like wasting time beating around the bush. The Darth was already aloof enough as it is, if she played hard to get herself they'd probably both die old and blue balled. Sometimes you just had to take the reins yourself and guide things where you wanted them to go.

@vamp

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  5. Darth Parox

Darth Parox Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    vamp
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Parox nodded to the Emperor and reached over for one of the shots. Taking it was a simple activity that would not distract anyone, so he supposed now was a time good as any to start getting drunk. Already, the two shots from earlier were beginning to make him become extremely aware of his own body. It felt strange to feel your head just sitting on your neck, existing, and drunk Parox was the worst possible person to describe it. Instead of letting that train of thought disrupt him, he focused on the conversation. Aadya had just introduced herself, so Parox decided to take the shot in the silence that ensued while they waited for the Emperor's reply.

She projected something back then, and Parox choked on the shot in the middle of the motion, the liquid flying up into his nose. It was extremely rare to earn such a reaction from him, but only Aadya would know the source. He looked at the Emperor sheepishly. "Coruscanti have some seriously tough alcohol," he remarked. "But yes," he added, turning to flash Aadya a look that had too much meaning to be dissected now. "This is Aadya. We met just as she began making her mark on the galaxy as an Acolyte of the Sith Empire."

It was expected of Sith Lords to have at least one apprentice, or else risk being treated as a joke. Parox technically did have one, but it had been so long since the last time he saw Deschain that he wasn't quite sure what the girl was up to anymore. He knew the Emperor would ask if he had an apprentice, and Parox preferred to have a concrete answer, rather than "yes, but I don't actually train her." So, he made a split-second decision.

"I thought the best way to help her reach her full potential would be to take her in as my apprentice."

@Logan @Phoenix

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Logan likes this.
  6. Taalong Vorr

Taalong Vorr Character

Sith Empire
    Level 2

Sith Crusader
    OCC Account:
    Morse
    Character Profile:
    Link
    The drama between the Confessor and the Drast subsided just as soon as it began. Though there was not a true blow thrown other then the demonstration of power by the Confessor, damage was indeed done. It was no secret that The Confessor was the high priestess of her own Dark Cult herself, which would likely alienate her further from those that were there. She looked to storm out almost as quickly as she had demonstrated her strength. Everyone standing there could sense the flurry of emotion that she felt at that moment.

It was an interesting moment in Taalong Vorr's eyes. All the factions of the Sith come to play a part standing there. The courtiers that played the part of politics and niceties with one another for power. The faithists and cultists that took the force as a sort of divine entity to apply their own dogma too. And of course the warrior class which was in the end to be used and abused by both. It was the clear divide. The rift that had still remained even since the civil war had ended. It almost appeared as though tensions were still high enough that another such struggle may come in the future.

But not whilst the Emperor was there. Not when he made his presence known to the revelers, appearing as a walking embodiment of the natural law.

Taalong Vorr would not dare speak to him, it was not his place. Though he too was now Crusader, he knew his place. He was apprenticed to Darth Tagus, and that carried expectations, and one was not to step out of ones position for advancement. That would be left for others.

Vorr mused on the irony that the Emperor may have been the only unifying factor to the Empire itself, the only bridge between the plays of the court, and the divinities of the worshipers. Whatever the cause, he admired the warrior for bringing all to heel... as The Emperor was a warrior like himself, and did not play the games.

It was only to be hoped that his reign was long and strong so as to not allow the rifts to seep back in.

Vorr settled back in with the crowds following the noise, and made his presence less known so as to not attract attention or be party to further incident.

7. Varyn Rask

Varyn Rask Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Emperor
    OCC Account:
    Phoenix
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Parox's abrupt choking on the alcohol managed to draw the gaze of the mask for only a second. He sensed... something, perhaps a mental connection or something else, but even he couldn't determine what - if anything - was said. Curiosity bit momentarily at the back of his mind, but he suppressed it nearly as quickly. Pursuing that line of thought wouldn't get anything for him.

He shouldn't have been surprised when the woman identified herself as a Drast, but he still was. If he wasn't mistaken there were several of the family in the room, and even the Emperor had to admit it made sense. They were the high of society, and that meant that they were going to be at the high end social engagements.

Varyn pondered for a moment putting the woman on the spot and asking her an uncomfortable question, but he decided not to... yet. He'd hold that back for later perhaps. Or maybe he'd spare her altogether.

A new apprentice? he said with a nod. Very good. I'm sure I'll be watching your career with great interest then, he said to Aadya. You're both Drasts, have you known each other before the beginning of your partnership? he asked, his curiosity piqued. @Logan @vamp

8. Aadya Drast

Aadya Drast Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Logan
    Character Profile:
    Link

If she were telling the truth Aadya was having to do her utmost right now to remain composed. While her name might have been Drast and people would have assumed she'd be accustomed to speaking candidly with people of such importance, that couldn't be further from the truth. It wasn't common knowledge apparently that she'd grown up far away from the core, living with her mother essentially as a petty criminal and con for the majority of her life.

It felt strange that the Emperor was talking with her as if she were his equal or at the very least was worthy of his time and words. It meant a lot to her, though she would never express those feelings to anyone. And not only that, Milo had just said she was going to be his apprentice. Squealing in delight was what she wanted to be doing, but instead she did something else: started rambling.

"We haven't known each other that long, actually," Aadya started, taking a sip of her drink before continuing. "The only reason we even spoke in the first place is because we happened to be in a shuttle accident together. We crashed on Arkania, actually." Aadya paused again for a moment, casting a sideways glance at Milo and smiling. "Turned out pretty well, I'd say. I met Darth Parox and even manged to aide the local populace and grab a dragon egg." The booze was beginning to hit her and Aadya did something that she probably wouldn't have done if she had all of her faculties. "Wanna see a picture of him?!" She asked excitedly, already pulling out her datapad and opening it to show her home screen.

On it was a small black dragon wrapped around his freshly hatched egg. "I named him Kravos, sort of to honor the Drast line I come from." It didn't occur to Aadya that the Emperor probably didn't give to flying fecks what line she came from. She was pretty drunk now and sort of missed Kravos. She liked letting him sit on her shoulder, though he'd already singed some of her hair on accident. "I think he'll do the Empire proud when he gets a little bigger. I hope to, too."

Aadya realized she'd sort of been the only one talking for some time now so she decided to stop, returning to her drink. Hopefully Milo would pick up the conversational slack, though that was probably a fool's hope from the start.

@vamp @Phoenix

9. Darth Parox

Darth Parox Character

Sith Empire
    Level 3

Sith Lord
    OCC Account:
    vamp
    Character Profile:
    Link
    He nodded along and smiled as is usual when someone is retelling a story, but Parox slowly began to notice that Aadya showed no sign of wanting to stop talking. When she asked Varyn if he wanted to see a picture of her dragon, he had to keep himself from stepping forward to direct her away—which he would have done but not in front of the Emperor.

Instead, he watched in horror as she reached into her pocket, pulled out a datapad, and showed it to Varyn. After the man replied, Parox would place his hands on Aadya's shoulders. "I think it's time to go grab something to eat," he remarked, ready to steer her back into the party.

@Logan @Phoenix

10. Zan and Drali

Zan and Drali Character

Sith Empire
    Level 2

Sith Crusader
    OCC Account:
    Darasuum
    Character Profile:
    Link

Going back to the bar meant more drinks, something the large muscled deucalian woman would not say now to. "Woot woot." She said to express her agreement and practically dragged the man in a headlock over to the bar, only letting him go once they were at the location where they replenished her libations. "Another one please!" She told the bartender hoping he remember what she had order, not that she could not easily recall.

Perhaps it was because of her warmed up feeling, or her adapted inclinations towards the cold, but the Deucalian was not too bothered by the sudden drop in temperature. It felt like someone had turned the pent house suddenly into an industrial freezer. Goosebumps still rose on her skin and the Crusader's spine shivered a little at the drastic change. It seemed to change after a moment. "WHOEVER'S MESSING WITH THE THERMOSTAT CUT THAT CRAP OUT!" She said outloud hoping whomever was the cause would heed her request. It was promptly followed by a stiffled burp which she still mumbled an "excuse me"

The moody dude, Darth Parox, came alongside the bar too. She was glad everyone was imbibing. She was about to talk to him when she heard the projected voice of the Emperor. Turning her eyes widened a little like a college student spotting her teacher at a house party. She hoped he was not here to kill the vibe, intentionally or otherwise.

Turning to Malius she had an idea. "You know what's fun!? DRINKING GAMES!" Turning to the bartender she leaned in to get their attention. Her tall body easily reaching over the bar. But it seemed everyone else was being attended to for quite some time. Drali tapped her foot and rapped her fingers repeatedly on the bar counter as her mind grew impatient. An unfinished drink sat on the counter which she downed while waiting.

Finally coming around she was able to flag down the mixologist "I'll take a tray of shots please... actually just give me a bottle and..." Looking around she mentally counted "six shot glasses. actually scratch that... just give me like... twenty shots." When she held up her hand to show the number of glasses it took her a moment to remember she only had five digits on either hand. The bartender looked at her with a judging stare for a moment but complied.

After it was filled up she waved towards Aadya (@Logan ) and Darth Parox (@vamp ) who looked to be having a conversation with the emperor. "Heeeeey heyhey! Come do shots. I've got a game I wanna play." She smiled widely. She knew some of the other Sith here better but that was why she was inviting the two Drasts and even the Emperor ( @Phoenix ) if he felt like it. Drali did not know them well and what better way to get to know someone than to drink with them. She was pretty sure that was not exclusive to just Deucalians.
    @Logan @vamp @Nerovec @Phoenix

Nerovec likes this.
  11. Malius Vanis

Malius Vanis Character

Sith Empire
    Level 1

Sith Acolyte
    OCC Account:
    Nerovec
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Malius let out a surprised groan when Drali suddenly put him in a headlock and dragged him towards the bar. He felt how strong the woman was as her muscular arms were around his head. When they were at the bar she let go of him and he breathed out in relief. "Someone is excited." He said, a little embarrassed by what just happened.

Malius couldn't help but chuckle as she burped. "No problem. Are you always like this when you are not on a mission?" He asked with curiosity. He drank the glass of Correlian Whisky which he had somehow managed to hold onto during this entire ordeal and then fixed his hair which had gotten a bit unkempt after the headlock.

Malius looked at Parox's direction and his eyes went wide as he saw the Emperor at the bar, just several feet away from him. Suddenly Drali turned towards him and said something which he was all too happy to hear. "I'm in, I need a drink after what just happened."

Malius, however, was a bit taken aback by Drali's sudden offer towards the two Drasts and the Emperor. However Drali had already offered it to them and to intervene now would be rude so he just sighed and hoped that the three would respond well to the offer. "Please do join us! It's much more fun to play with more people!" Malius said with a friendly smile towards the other three Sith, which hopefully came off as sincere.

12. Markov Aletaus

Markov Aletaus Character

Sith Empire
    Level 2

Sith Crusader
    OCC Account:
    ByakuyaXVTogami
    Character Profile:
    Link

Markov was responded by the Emperor, which let him know he could go do his speech. Markov bowed his head slightly as he said,"Thank you.." simply. Fixing his clothes to look more proper, he walked semi-quickly towards the back of the room, heading for a more raised floor as he stood upon it. He quickly ordered a third drink and sipped it, placing it at the stool near him. Waiting for the room to be silent, he clinked his drink slightly, but this didn't get their attention. He then called out, tapping into the force to magnify his voice. "May I have your attention?" he boomed as the room began to diminish in sound as he stood, looking into the eyes of everyone was watching.

"I would like to say first off, thank you for coming. We are here to celebrate what we have done to improve and expand this Empire... Now then. There is a few people who deserved to be recognized at this party... They have been recently promoted and proven themselves great for the Empire!" he said, taking a brief pause. "First. I would like to congratulate @Darth Parox for becoming a Sith Lord. His multiple actions throughout the Empire and conquering the surrounding areas has been very impressive; well deserved rank,"

"Next, we have to congratulate Bob (@Robert Abbotangelo ) for his bravery and just being a great person... He has helped the Empire as an Agent and shall improve us spiritually and politically. He deserves it all!"

"If anyone would like to congratulate or speak about anyone in here, please come up..."
    he said as he stepped back slightly. He was hoping that maybe somebody would appraise him, but he didn't expect it. He also tried to remember anyone else who had gotten a recent promotion and was here... Now it was anyone's turn to appraise somebody.

Nerovec likes this.