Ask A Muun to Remember

Discussion in 'Outer Rim Territories' started by Soran Jace, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran watched the former Imperial grab her datapad and make her way to the speeders that were parked outside. There was little the Padwan could do to help her with that task, so he walked around the building checking if any others had survived but the Twi’lek and the Zabrak. No such luck however.

After that cursory check Soran went back to the Twi’lek and dragged him over to were the Zabrak was twitching on the ground. It didn’t take long for the Jedi to find some basic chord in the Twi’lek’s pocket and tie the two aliens together.

The Twi’lek was out for the count, his lekus barely twitching and the Zabrak was mostly just grunting from the pain of the blaster shots he took. The horned humanoid would survive, his armour had taken the brunt of the attacks, but he was not going to be talkative for a while.

In the end there was very little Soran could hope to learn from these two. So the Padawan simply paced, as he was one to do, eyes closed and focused on the Force; meditating in some way and regaining his strength. One could never be too careful.

Eventually Arial came back inside, signaling she had made some progress as well as joking about how the tied up criminals were treating the Jedi. “They are not big talkers.” Soran quipped as he made his way to the terminal the mercenary woman had switched on. The Padawan actually frowned at himself for just as second as he walked over. Big talkers? Though it wasn’t much of a joke it was more of one than the young man would usually make. Or not as the case may be.

Looking over Arial’s shoulder at the terminal she was working on, Soran did his best to follow what she was doing, and though he had a passable knowledge of computers once it came to more elaborate slicing it was all way beyond him. However, when Arial pointed out she had found something Soran saw the odd name of a cantina and the geolocation of the building in the slums. It seems their next step was decided.

Soran slid his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small key fob he had also taken from the Twi’lek. One anyone would recognize as the activation key to a speeder. The young man looked at Arial, feeling oddly proud of himself for the foresight as raised up the key. “I guess we are going for a ride.” With that said the young man made his way toward the speeder and sat in the pilot seat, having grown up on a ship, flying around various ships and speeder was something Soran felt much more comfortable about, not only that but the precognitive abilities of a Jedi made the whole exercise significantly easier as a general rule.

@Algarus

2. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran's attempt at a joke still drew a chuckle from the brunette, mostly because he tried. "Really? They couldn't seem to shut up a minute ago. Wonder what got into them." Soran had to work on his humor, but given time he at least showed promise.

Seeing her job was finished, she withdrew both pads and powered down the terminal. "We should be leaving. Security will be getting here soon." Arial advised. "And I don't thin Mr. Panith would be happy to learn we were here." Tucking the two pads away in her clothing, she turned to Soran, finding the padawan dangling a pair of keys. "Do you even have a license?"Arial asked, stepping closer to inspect the keys. "Guess our friends like you after all, they've let you borrow the speed for the evening." She joked, before following him into the speeder outside. The padawan seemed eager to be behind the controls, so Arial let him have them. "I'd ask to see your identification, but that's usually when the mind tricks start going off." She joked, sitting in the passenger side and recycling the chair back. "Not everyday a jedi offers to be my chauffeur." As they lifted off, Arial began reading through the merc's datapad, getting some insight to how they got connected. Soran's piloting wasn't terrible, and if the jedi was hoping to scare the former agent, he was failing miserably; after all, she put up with Hask's piloting, this was like a leisure cruise. True to Arial's words, she spotted security forces moving towards the area they had just left, though by then they were too far gone to be stopped. She plugged the navigational data in, as it showed Soran how to get there from their current position. "You seem pretty handy behind the controls." Arial observed, pausing from her reading, before going back into it. "Did you go to a flight academy?" She inquired. Arial herself had only basic flight training, but she had kept herself in enough simulators that she herself was an decent combat pilot; least according to the simulations. It would take several minutes for them to make their way to the cantina, as the landscape around them went from decadent and cozy, to something more befitting on Nal Hutta. The once semi clear waters had given way to a murky milk color, as the temperature jumped significantly. "I guess this part of the city can't afford water purifiers." Arial muttered as she glanced towards the bubbling waters below, the smell of sulfur hanging in the air as they traversed the water way. The cantina they were looking for was just up ahead, set up on a strange rickety dock structure in the middle of the canal, but with plenty of space to park their craft. It was certainly a rougher part of town, as Gamoreans, Rodians, and Gran, along with other sketchy alien types, were in abundance. As Soran would pull up to park, a rather large Gen'dai emerged from the building. The alien must have been at least ten or twelve feet tall, body covered with armor scraps. Before they had even gotten out of their vehicle, he was nearly within arms reach.

"YOU PARK, YOU PAY." He garbled, point a deformed hand towards a sign that was written in poorly translated Huttese. Arial could hardly read what it said: 'No parking without fee.' Unfortunately it didn't specify how much. Arial reached into her pockets, looking for some credits she usually kept on her. Pulling out a few solid credits, she dropped them in the aliens palm, and he left just as quickly as he came, disappearing inside a side door which seemed far too small for himself. "Well, they certainly know how to make first impressions." She muttered to her companion. "Might want to tuck that hunk of metal away too. I can't imagine you'll have fans inside." She suggested, as she set her feet on the ground, ready to finally get to work on this case.

@z0pu

3. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link

Soran almost took a step back as giant Gen’dai approached the two. The Padawan had heard of such creatures but it was one thing to hear of one and another altogether to see one. The whole thing appeared to be one massive armoured juggernaut, with the occasional muscle fibre sticking out at the gaps in the armour. The young Jedi was almost as shocked at Arial’s own lack of reaction at the huge alien, she simply took out some credit chips and paid it without much thought.

As the two were about to enter the cantina, Arial felt it was wise to suggest Soran not to take out his lightsaber around here. Which as he looked back at the gen’dai off to extort more credits from those parking their speeders around the building, and seeing a few more unsavoury looking folks about, he was more than willing to agree. “I agree. Trust me I was not thinking about doing much fighting around here.”

As the pair stepped into the cantina’s door it was apparent this was more of a club than a cantina. No natural light, not that there could really be any underground, flashing coloured lights and ray effects, extremely loud music with a bass that made the floor shake to the rhythm and of course the expected attachment of just about every kind of dealers of illicit goods one could think.

How they were going to find a single Rodian in all this Soran wasn’t sure. He supposed the best place to start was at the center bar. The Padawan only managed a few steps before a scantily clad Twi’lek woman grabbed onto his arm and pressed against him whispering in his ear. ”Wanna buy some spice?” Soran turned to look at the woman and managed to wriggle free and wave his arm in front of her face. “You do not want to sell me spice.” Soran said in Twi’leki as a somewhat confused look appeared on the Twi’lek’s face. “I don’t want to sell you spice.” She replied in the same language. “You want to go home, find a school and study to become a doctor.” Again the woman replied. “I want to go home, find a school and study to become a doctor.” With that the Twi’lek woman walked away from Soran and towards the exit. The Padawan doubted much would come from that particular persuasion but you never knew, sometimes it was worth trying.

The interruption had the side effect of Soran losing sight of Arial. Still with no better ideas the Padawan made his way to central bar of the floor. Managing to find a relatively empty spot Soran tried to get the attention of one of the bartenders before once again being interrupted. A large Gamorrean grabbed Soran’s left arm and pushed it down on the bar before saying something it’s guttural native tongue. Soran was fluent in most of the unsavoury alien languages but Gamorrean was never one of them. Luckily, if that was the word for it, another man stepped behind the young Jedi and translated for him. The other man was a Sulustan wearing one of the most garish and colourful synthetic jackets Soran had ever seen. “He said you’re pretty.” Said the Sulustan as it chuckled. “And I agree.” It added as it leaned closer.

Soran could do nothing, completely taken out of his natural environment and feeling surrounded. All the young Jedi managed to do was not look at either the aliens and mutter to himself. “Sithspit…”

@Algarus

Algarus likes this.
  4. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial was used to these sorts of environments, in fact it was in a place not too different from this that she launched her career with Sabrina; though that felt like a lifetime ago. She hadn't noticed she lost her little padawan until it was too late, looking back into the crowd, she couldn't catch sight of the young man. "Son of a kath hound...." She swore, moving to the side as a man dressed as a Tusken Raider pushed by her. There must have been some sort of celebration going on, as several patrons were dressed in bright colors or costumes. Looking amoung the booths and tables, she couldn't find him either. Muttering to herself, Arial began to come along to bar, knowing her companion had to be close at hand.

"So, you from off world big feller?" The Sulustan asked, inching closer towards the unsuspecting jedi. The Gamorean snorted at Soran, gesturing towards the bartender. "He asked if you want anything to drink." The Sullastan was nice enough to translate, though he didn't seem lose stride in his pursuit. "So what brings you here? No offense, but this doesn't seem to be your sort of place." The alien pressed on, as Soran would find his admirers rather hard to shake. After several minutes of this, his salvation would finally arrive.

Thanks to the rather bland attire he wore, Arial was able to pick the jedi out between a Gamoeran and a Sullastan that were in the process of chatting him up. She moved up swiftly behind him, hoping to extract him without a problem. "Excuse me gentlemen, he's with me." She spoke quickly, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him away. "So what was that all about?" She asked, giving Soran an eyebrow, as he looked rather unsettled. "Can't take you anywhere without getting yourself in trouble, huh?" She said, smirking to herself, as she would lead him towards the back of the club. There was a rather large holoboard posted in the back, which laid out private rooms and who was renting what, which Arial was looking for. Checking for the name Teshu, it came up empty, but there was certain to be someone who would know. Turning to Sora, assuming she hadn't lost him again, Arial would speak. "Hey, do you think you can go talk up your buddies at the bar, see if they know anyone by the name Teshu?" She asked, seeing as how Soran seemed adapt at making friends in this environment. "I mean, they seemed to be taking a liking to you from what I saw. Maybe chat them up a little? Consider it a learning exercise, you jedi are all about that sort of thing right?" Arial smiled, as her eyes looked for something she could work off. "I'm going to see if I can find a merc group and ask about the Panith job. I'm sure some of them know about it, might get us somewhere." Unless Soran began to verbally denounce the idea, Arial would disappear into the crowd, her trained eye looking for those fitting the Mercenary portfolio.

@z0pu

5. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    What Soran did in response to his “admirers” could have been called a form of meditation. Some might have just called it going into one’s happy place and waiting out the storm. The Padawan did his best to ignore the two aliens hoping they would get the hint and leave him alone.

Soran’s salvation came when Arial rescued him from the bar. Soran had never been happier to see her, he would have hugged or downright kissed her for her help if he had not been still so in shock at his current situation. By the time he senses started to come back to him, Soran seem to catch on Arial asking him to go talk to the two aliens and. Wait what?

She wanted him to try and get information out of those two? For one they appeared to be in such a state of drunken stupor that there was no way they would have any kind of useful information. Not only that but Soran had already proved completely inadequate in such circumstances. Also it would be best if Soran and Arial stuck together, they would be able to cover each other and see what the other might be missing and… she was gone. Soran had this entire argument in his head, only in the most painful fashion his overthinking and lack of social skills completely failed him

The Jedi turned around trying to think on what to do next. A few feet away on the dancefloor however, Soran could see a very intoxicated, and frankly overweight, Sullustan dancing suggestively and gesturing at Soran to join him. “Nope.” The Padawan muttered to himself before walking the opposite direction.

The young man walked around the club trying not to bring attention onto himself. Eventually something caught his eye. It was of no relevance to the mission but it did explain the name of the club. Up on an elevated stage towards one end of the floor, were three dancing Jawas being showered in what must have been some form of alcohol. Well that answered that mystery. Hopefully Arial would have some success at gathering information. In the meantime Soran would keep trying to find a hole to crawl into.

@Algarus

Algarus likes this.
  6. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial was gone before Soran got a word in, but the agent took a few moments to find someone to chat up. Her salvation came in the form of a Zeltron Merc who was looking for some arm candy. Arial, using some of her left over charms, talked him up and after withstanding some flirtation, she managed to get some info on this elusive Rodian they were after. "Oh, Teshu? That wack job? Yea, he's a weirdo." The merc spoke, waving his hand, drink clasped between his fingers. "He keeps saying he knows how Panith makes his money, and offers a share of the guys earnings, but no one believes him." "Any idea where he might be now?" Arial asked, her body trying to keep as much distance from her and the drunken Zeltron as possible. "Eh, depends really. His hub isn't that far from her. Though he tries to avoid meeting in public, all his crap is digital. Apparently his first meeting here someone kicked his ass." The pink skinned alien asked, his hands moving to grasp Arial's sides, causing her to shift with discomfort. "So the barkeep actually knows where he lives? Really?" She asked, trying to get more out of the man, and also to ignore the advances he was making on her.

"Yea, but enough about that loser, tell me about you hot stuff." The drunken alien attempted something akin to flirting, which Arial did not appreciate at all. Squirming against the unwanted attention, she attempted to move away, before being pulled back in by the alien. "What's wrong, you ticklish?" The merc smirked, as he began an assault on Arial's sides, squeezing a few forced giggles out of her, as her hands went to peel the man's intrusive hands off her; along with gathering will power not to draw a blaster and shoot him dead. She attempted to pull herself free once more, but the alien was stronger than she anticipated, pulling her back into the booth. "Oh come on pretty lady, I'm not that bad of a guy, maybe you come back with me I can get you in my company." The Zeltron spoke, his arms now wrapped around Arial. "I really just want to know about Teshu, so if you could just let go-" "What's the rush doll? I got all night to get to know you." Soran would be able to sense Arial's levels of anger, and annoyance. She had several ways to get out of this position, but none of which didn't lead to her fighting with this idiot.

@z0pu

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As Soran walked around the club, doing his utmost to not be noticed by two particular patrons, the Jedi really wondered how he got in this situation, almost regretting battling trandoshans.

Soran’s attention was caught by the sight of Arial giggling in the arms of a pink skinned Zeltron. The sight brought a sense of irritation to Soran. Why he might feel frustrated Arial was actually enjoying herself while they were supposed to be working was understandable, but why the Padawan felt a profound dislike for the Zeltron even though he had never talked to the man was more confusing. Still Soran did his best to keep his emotions in check and still his mind as he approached the former imperial and her new companion.

It was only once in close proximity Soran felt Arial’s anger at repulsion at the man. Zeltrons were known to be able to push certain surface emotions on those around them, as well as producing potent pheromones that would cause many around them to be more receptive to them as well as their manipulations. Still Soran could sense Arial was capable of breaking out of the situation on her own, but that would likely involve violence which they could not afford as that would attract unwanted attention.

Soran pushed through the crowd and got to Arial and the Zelton, putting a hand on the man’s shoulder. The pinked skinned man turned around clearly annoyed at being interrupted. “Can’t you see I’m busy!?” The smell of alcohol was potent on the man’s breath and stung at Soran’s nose. “You do not want to spend any time with this woman. What you want is a fight.” The Jedi began to push with the Force to suggest the notion to the Zeltron. What most people knew of Zeltron was they were attractive and promiscuous, but a lot of people did not know is that the only thing Zeltron sought as much as sexual gratification was a good fight.

The Zeltron let go of Arial and turned to face Soran, the men being of height with one another. “You know what? You’re right. I don’t want to spend any time with this piece here. I want a fight.” The Zeltron looked at Soran half leering half frowning. While Soran’s own dislike of the Zeltron only grew by the second for reasons he did not quite understand and would have been more than willing to teach the man a lesson, the very reason he came over was to avoid that kind of attention. So when the Padawan spoke again it was to switch the attentions of the Zeltron to another target. “You do not want to fight me. I would be no challenge. You want to fight the Gen’dai outside. Now that would be a real fight.” The music grew louder making it so that Soran almost had to shout to be heard.

The Zeltron took another step towards the young Jedi, Soran worrying for a second his force persuasion had not found hold on the man at all. The pink man reached for Soran and… adjusted the Padawan’s jack a bit. “Heh! I don’t wanna fight you. You’d be no challenge. I’m going to fight that Gen’dai outside. Now that’ll be a real fight. You and sweet cheeks over there should come and watch!” With a quick nod at Arial and Soran the Zeltron began to make his way towards the outside. That was going to be a short fight, thought the Padawan.

The young Jedi got closer to Arial so he would not have to shout as much. “We are even I think.” Still Soran began to truly wonder how they were going to find any information in this place as the bartender approached the pair and spoke. “So what can I do you for? Suffering Bastard? Riot Juice? Fight Milk?”

@Algarus

8. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial was rather relieved to see Soran come to her rescue, using his powers to free her, as well as direct the man's aggression elsewhere. Sighed, looked up to the padawan and smiled, her face showing a sense of relief. "Thank you for that. Seriously." Arial said genuinely, feeling the urge to give Soran a hug for that save, but was cut off from that line of thought as the barkeep approached them, asking what they wanted to drink. Arial knew what they both wanted however, as her and Soran had just about enough of this place. "Actually, if you could just tell us about this Teshu gentlemen, that'd be all we need." The barkeep scowled, crossing his arms. "Teshu? That loser? Please don't tell me you took a damn job from him." He muttered. "No, but we're looking to get ahold of him. He's targeting high profile clients, and frankly it's getting out of control." The was a pause as the barkeep rubber his hands over his face. "That worthless little runt...." He muttered, before relenting. "Yea, sure, you got a holopad? I can give you the place." Arial quickly offered the man her holopad, and it took only several moments for him to input the coordinates. Before handing it back, the man looked to them, almost saddened. "Can you just try to not kill him. He's an idiot and all but...family is family you know?" He spoke, before dropping the pad in Arial's hands. "We'll do our best." She said flatly, though a small part of her would like to avoid killing her suspect for once. With their information in tow, the pair were now free to leave. "I don't suppose you two want any drinks?" He asked once more, but Arial waved him off, and with that the man disappeared back into the crowds. "Alright, let's get the hell out of here and plug the coordinates in." Arial suggested, and unless Soran wished to catch back up with his admirers, the pair would depart, only to see the Zeltron from earlier being toss about like a ragdoll, his body being slammed between two speeders back and forth, before being driven into the ground by a seemingly pissed Gen'dai.

"YOU NO PARK. YOU NO PAY." It bellowed, as girlish wails echoed from the man's location, which apparently were pathetic enough to make the monstrous alien lose interest. Getting back to their speeder, Arial plugged in her holopad, before looking to Soran. "Thanks again for saving my ass in there." She spoke, leaning forward and giving him a brief hug. It was only for a moment, but it still felt nice, with a small part of her felt a little relived at having done so. "Some of my Sith 'allies' would have just laughed themselves silly in there." She explained, looking down at the floor, before looking back to him. "I know you didn't need to do that, but I appreciated it." With that being said, Arial reclined back in her seat, as she waited for Soran to take off, her thoughts now moving towards finding this Rodian and figuring out what to do with him...
    @z0pu

9. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Soran listened to the bartender’s story and watch him put the info on Arial’s holopad. Finally, thepair could get out of this ridiculous place before more Gamorreans or Sullustans showed up. Finally pushing out the crowd and into the damp, saturated and processed underground air of the outside of the club felt oddly refreshing.

Soran had to admit to a very mixed set of feelings at the sight of the Zeltron being tossed about like a rag doll by the Gen’dai. On the one hand, the Jedi felt guilty, this had been an unbecoming conduct from him and he should have handled it in a different way. On the other hand though, Soran felt oddly satisfied at seeing the Zletron being pummelled; especially as images of the pink skinned man trying to tickle and grab onto Arial flashed in the young man’s head. Really Soran couldn’t make sense of the conflict in him, so he would simply push it down for the moment.

As Arial and Soran sat in the speeder, the Padawan’s heart almost jumped out of his chest as the woman put her arms around his shoulder and gave the young man a brief hug before giving thanks for the help with the Zeltron. Again Soran found himself somewhat confused, why did a hug solicit such a reaction from him? He felt his heart beat faster and his cheeks flush for a bit before he focused on the Force and regained his composure. It all lasted for only a second and he hoped the woman in the passenger seat would not have noticed, fearing being teased again.

After the former Imperial added she knew he hadn’t needed to help the young Jedi felt compelled to reply. “That is not true. You were clearly uncomfortable, I could not just let than man try and grope you. That would be horrible.” Soran had a bit of difficulty finding his words but he felt he got his point across.

With what needed to be said out of the way, Soran powered up the speeder and took off, following the directions that had been inputted in the nav computer from the holopad. It took a solid half an hour of flying, reaching the deeper and damper parts of the slums. The coordinates seem to lead to a small shack slightly apart from the rest. Not wanting to spook Teshu by landing right outside his front door, Soran put the speeder down a few alleys off from the final destination. Hopefully, the mercenary and Jedi would have the drop on the Rodian this time.

@Algarus

Algarus likes this.
  10. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial noticed the reddening on the padawan, but decided against saying anything; she had teased him enough as is. “Still, I appreciate it. Not many of my Sith companions would have used their powers to help me.” Arial said, though she decided to drop it, concerned that perhaps she would tread ground the padawan wasn’t comfortable with. She didn’t feel guilty about the fate of the Zeltron, the alien would live, perhaps learning not to be a drunken bastard the next time he was drunk. The drive over to see Teshu was rather quiet, though Soran would sense Arial’s feelings gravitated towards embarrassment, to relief, then a bit of concern. The cityscape about the pair didn’t seem to change all that much, except that the buildings seemed more decerped and the speeder quality became more questionable.

Meanwhile, in the safehouse, Teshu seemed rather annoyed. Looking at his terminal, there was no update from the mercenaries. They should have commed back in by now. Growing annoyed, he switched to check the cameras for the area, finding the location he had sent them to was swarming with security forces. Panicking, he cut the feed and severed the connection. This was not supposed to be happening. It wasn’t supposed to go this way. He went to his back room, pulling back a floor panel, as he retrieved a rather complex looking device. It looked like a transmitter of some sort, but for those who were more tech inclined, it was a highly encoded communication device. “>Akras, are you there?<” His insectoid snout twitched, his eyes shooting back to the door at imaginary noises. There was silence on the other end. “>Akras I know you can hear me. You said this wouldn’t take long. What the hell are you doing? Do you know how much of a risk I’m in right now? What the hell are you doing?<” He demanded, as silence reigned about the room, the Rodian had a death grip on the transmitter, his paranoia seemed to be taking control. Did Panith know? Was Panith after him? No, clearly not. He was careful, he was smarter than Panith, smarter than all of them. Yes, he was fine. Relaxing, the Rodian left the device there, moving back to his terminal room. Yes, he was safe here. He would always be safe here.

As their speeder set down, Arial looked to Soran, studying him. “You alright?” She asked, getting a feeling something was indeed bothering the younger man. “You’ve done pretty well for your first investigation. I mean, they can’t teach you this sort of thing from a temple right?” She said, trying to be encouraging. If Soran wanted to talk about it, she’d listen, if not, they’d move on through the slums, drawing eyes from the alien and human residents.

@z0pu

11. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As the Padawan put down the speeder and got out, his attention was grabbed by Arial asking how he felt. She seemed to believe something was bothering the young man. While Soran was indeed feeling somewhat odd he would say anything was wrong, simply odd. He thought about saying as much but decided against it, it would just lead to more questions and confusion. “I am fine. This humidity is just oppressive.” That would have to do.

It appeared the former imperial took his word or simply decided not to push and encourage him. Whatever the case may be, it did not escape Soran’s attention she once again asked about his training. The last time was about his piloting skills, inquiring if he had been to an academy. Soran had ignored her questions until now, not wishing to revisit the memories of his parents too much, but he had pushed Arial into a similar situation the day prior so perhaps it would only be fair to answer as well. The issue was that the last time, this conversation took an odd turn to say the least.

“The Jedi do not have much of a temple per se at the moment. We tend to train on the move, though I do believe there are some temples left. But no I have not learned piloting or information gathering from the Jedi. I grew up on a ship, my parents were smugglers. I was taught how to pilot and fix a ship, a whole bunch of alien languages and how to pick up basic signs a deal would go wrong. My parents died when I was fourteen, after that the Jedi found me.” Soran said all that as they walked through the narrow slum allies and slalomed between the various impoverished folk who had made this place their home. He was very matter of fact about his past, separating his feelings on the subject from his conscious self. Such emotion would only serve to compromise the mission at the moment. He also avoided mentioning it had been Imperial Agents that killed his parents, feeling that such a piece of information might cause Arial to feel unwarranted guilt regarding the young man’s parents.

As they turned around one final alley, the area opened up a small bit into a narrow path that led to a slightly elevated hill upon which was one single windowless shack. This was where Teshu was supposed to be according to the information gathered from the bartender of the “Three Drunk Jawas”. Soran opened himself to the force and focused on the shack, sensing a single life form within. A confusing mix of emotions emanated from the being, pride mixed with fear and odd frustration and anger. “I think Teshu is in there. Alone.” Soran spoke as he looked intently at the shack, doing his best to locate any final surprise the Rodian might have in store for the pair that had now chased him all over this city.

@Algarus

12. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial wasn't sure she believed Soran when the man said he was fine. She had the impression he was emotionally unbalanced, perhaps frustrated at something; or someone. She decided against pushing him on it, maybe he was just getting pent up with this whole cat and mouse sort of deal. Her attention was diverted away from that for the time being, however, as she listened to Soran explain where he acquired his skill set, from being raised by smugglers to his parents dying. A small frown came across Arial's face, as she was speaking to a fellow orphan. Arial would have felt immense guilt had she known the part Imperial's played in the death of his parents, though her own parent's fate wasn't so different from that. "I'm sorry about your parents." She tone held sympathy within it, though she avoided talking about her own parents fate; not like she'd ever learn who had set them up to be executed.

As the pair moved through the slums, Arial kept her hand towards her pistol, knowing all to well how dangerous areas like this could be. Soran's force senses would detect Teshu in a back room, as the Rodian was seemingly fluctuating between emotional highs and lows. One thing Soran would see that Arial could not, was that the Rodian had set up some sort of trap, it appeared to be explosives rigged to the door pressing the 'open'. Moving closer, he would see there was a concealed 'open' switch hidden inside a false wall on the outside. Whoever this Teshu was, he seemed very cautionary.

"Teshu, Teshu are you there?"
    A voice called back from over the transceiver, prompting the Rodian to scamper towards the device. ">Akras, Akras I'm here, where have you been?<" He hardly got anything out, as the voice on the other side cut him off. "Idiot, someone is onto you. Your mercenaries lost their speeder you moron, I thought you said you could find someone more competent this time?" ">Akras, it's not my fault, someone is out to save Panith, he must-<" "Listen, I don't care, you need to pack your things and leave. I'll meet you in ten minutes to the North. Purge your data, we need to go off the grid for a bit til this blows over." The Rodian didn't even try to argue, as Soran would see the alien moving to grab belongings; possibility even overhearing the conversation the pair were having.

Arial had her blaster drawn as they neared the door, the agent looking back to Soran, taking a position against the racket shack. She nodded to Soran, ready to charge into the room and get ahold of the Rodian.
    @z0pu

13. Soran Jace

Soran Jace Character

Galactic Alliance
    Level 1

Jedi Padawan
    OCC Account:
    z0pu
    Character Profile:
    Link
    As the pair approached the door, Soran felt a small disturbance in the Force, an imminent danger. The young man stopped and raised his arm in front of Arial to make her do the same. Taking a good look at the door of the shack and its surrounding Soran saw an extraneous wire that led from the open switch to a metallic cylinders, as well as a hidden switch on the other side of the doorframe. “Wait, the door is rigged. The actual button is on the left.” Soran said as pointed at the correct button to press.

Just as the two placed on either side of the door, faint sounds of movement could be heard from the inside. Soran could now sense panic and anticipation from the being inside. “He knows.” With that said and a nod at the former Imperial, Soran pushed the opening switch of the door causing it to slide open.

The inside of the shack was lit by the dull blue glow of countless monitors on every side of the single room dwelling. Soran stepped in first, taking out his lightsaber and brandishing it at the Rodian, assuming Arial would have his back and aim her blaster. The Rodian fell on the ground in a panic at the unexpected intrusion. “No! No! I know nothing! It wasn’t me! It was Panith! And the Bank! Not me! Not me!” The alien tried to crawl away towards a corner of his shack as he covered his face with his hands.

Soran approached the Rodian, lightsaber still pointed at the pitiful being. “Whatever you reasons are, you have now tried to murder Nix Panith twice. You are going to the authorities, they can investigate whatever claim you have.” The Rodian simply shook and tremble in his corner, the Padawan sensing no aggression nor the will to try and push for an escape. So Soran turned off his lightsaber and put it away, turning to look at the various monitors, probably seeing Arial doing the same. It was hard to make sense of the absurd amount of data on the screens but the from little he could read Soran thought he began to understand some vague notions and odd relations between unrelated facts and event that Rodian had seemingly all attributed to Panith. It would appear this Rodian was on extreme conspiracy theorist.

While there may have been some real points to the lunatic digital ravings of the Rodian it would take quite a long time and effort to sort through all of it, something Soran was not inclined to do any time soon. For now the Jedi and Mercenary would have to bring in Teshu and report to Panith. Whatever comes after will come… after.

@Algarus

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  14. Arial Calvic

Arial Calvic Character

Independent
    Level 2

Drifter
    OCC Account:
    Algarus
    Character Profile:
    Link
    Arial paused as Soran warned her about the danger of the door, as the Arial checked it, finding that the padawan was correct. "Nice catch." Arial said, as she readied herself for the door too open. She switched her blaster to stun, just before Soran hit the switch, as the door hissed open, bringing frightened shouts from the Rodian inside. "Don't try anything Teshu, it's over you hear?" Arial half expected the alien to pull a weapon and fight back against them, but he seemed too timid to even try that. "<Me? I did nothing? I'm the victim here!>" The Rodian squealed desperately, though it did little to convince Arial. The agent calmly walked forward with her blaster and shot him twice, making his body topple to the floor as the stun shot too it's effect. "If you want to get him tied up, I can look over all this and see what I can get out of it." She took only a few steps before she paused and looked at the device the alien had left out. "What do we have here?" She muttered, moving towards the device, before it clicked with her. "This guy had alot of credits laying around, this is a high frequency transceiver." She spoke, inspecting the device, before moving towards the monitors. The Rodian might have been getting outside help, but there wasn't a way for Arial to prove that currently.

Setting up at the monitor, Arial found herself a tad overwhelmed, mostly because the Rodian had most of the data coming in at his native language. After a few moments, Arial managed to have the words on screen switch to basic, at which she felt far more comfortable reading it. As she went through the information, Arial found some interesting tidbits. "For a crazy Rodian living in a shack, he had a lot of funding rolling in." Arial commented, as she looked over the transaction fees. She decided instead to look into Panith's background on the database, and found several documents from Panith to someone named as 'Mender'. Odd. "Hey, Soran, you want to have a look at this?" She would call the padawan over, as the document she read seemed to be a request from Panith to 'Mender' about obtaining blackmail an individual; though Arial didn't recognize the name. For Arial, this caused a dilemma, with this evidence Panith could be at risk of legal action; especially if his rivals wanted to push for it. She looked to Soran, wondering what the padawan would say. Either way, this business just got a tad more complicated.

@z0pu